Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Wormwood Ideas

Unread post by Astral Pantheon »

Wormwood Ideas

1. A New Threat:
The alien space ship that crashed in the desert a long time age. Part of the ship was buried under the sands and Now, the prisoners it was transporting have awaken.

The United (Unit)
The United take body parts from multiple different creatures/humans to form the New Unit

MDC 600 + 100 MDC per level
Bio-Regenerates 2d6 per minute
PPE 4d6x10 + PE per level
ISP Zero
PS(SN),PP,PE,Spd 10 + 3d6
IQ and ME 9 + 1d6
MA and PB 2 + 1d4

Impervious to transformation, soul/spirit attacks, mind control, disease, ageless, toxins and possession.

Can Create a Unit at level 8+: Must have Parts and willing to sacifice 1d4x10 MDC & 4d6 PPE...Base Chance 15% + 2% per level + 10-40% bonus depending on type and quality of body parts.

Gain Any* 2 spells per level.
*Must have enough PPE in order to cast the spell without outside sources or as an example, the Unit's PPE 126 then any spell 126 and below can be selected.

Skills equal to Medieval Vagabond but Experience Table of a Dragon

Fatal Weakness: Psychic Damage x 5 {Damage must be magically healed... cannot heal otherwise}

-------------------------------------------------------

2. Metal Faction:

Town- The Tomb

A group of Wormwood freelacers, a group of Temporal Raiders, a Priest,and even an assorted crew of Tolkeen survivors in a Fortified town on the border of the Hosts dominion. However, this town is made of stone and steel; Protected by multiple Boom Gun Turrets, a 50 foot high wall and a moat 100 feet wide by 40 feet deep of black water/liquid.

A strange effect**- No communion powers work inside the Steel Fort (must go 500 feet outside the Fort. All Parasites, stones, ect... slightly reduced within the Fort.

The Leader, Lord Grinder, was once a Noble Knight of the Cathedral until the Host with the help of a turn coat killed his love and his companions. He went through torment at the hands of the Host and finally, was placed on a Soul Battery for over 3 years. As he started to die, a voice spoke to him with a promise of great power, freedom, and a chance at payback... An aura of glowing green surrounded him. All that is known by the people is he escaped to this town and is building an army.

**The Effect/Lord Grinder's Pact: A Unknown force has given Lord Grinder amazing powers, for a price. The Grinder can have the surface of Wormwood but the Entity wants the Core of WormWood. As Part of the Pact, He used Stones at first to get to the Indestructible Layer, next he got a Disintegration Cannon (uses it for 30 shot then must recharge), multiple plasma rifles (burning away while the cannon recharges), and finally, Lord Grinder unleases his own radiation powers on the Planet (once per week). Many thought he would never get anywhere until Wormwood lost about 1 centimeter. The Hole is getting deeper by 1-4 cm per month.

Many are not sure want to think. There are those loyal to Grinder and want to know what is the insides of the Planet (or more like, what treasures are at the Core) Spies for both sides have gotten the message out that Lord Grinder is slowly but successfully burrowing a Hole start for the Core.

-----------------------------------------------

3. Weapons of Evil:

Hexx's Hand Cannon
Weight: 8 IB
MDC 30 Recover 10 per hour
Range: 200 feet
Prime Taget: 2d4x100 MD
then 10 feet radius- 4d6x10 MD
Cost to Fire: 150 hp ( or 300 MD)...this damage heals as disintegration damage heals
If kill by firing this weapon, Automatic Soul/Spirit Drink the user

Parasitic Heart of Corruption

Replace old heart with New Heart
Immune to SDC Acids
+10 PS(SN)
+60 MDC or Turn into MDC 30 (gain 1d4 per level)
Lifespan only 20% (100 more years = 20 years)
PB -1 per level (Eyes turn red and blood acid, a vial of the acid 4d6 SDC)
Every 3-4 level (Fight to stay Good or turn more evil: Alignment)

Fill Free to Post Your Comment :)
Last edited by Astral Pantheon on Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Re: Wormwood Ideas

Blank spell Crystal/Gem:

Create Stone then a little stone cutting

and

Create Golem

Pass the stone around a village and have a small army of Stone Golems.

**Optional: Place Heavy suit of Resin Armor on your Army of Golems :) **
Mercdog
Hero

Unread post by Mercdog »

Astral Pantheon wrote:Blank spell Crystal/Gem:

and

Create Golem

It's been a little while since I played Wormwood, but aren't the blank spell gems limited to 1st and 2nd level spells? I'm sure I remember that, but I could be mistaken.

For another Wormwood natural resource, I did introduce skane. Basically a sheet of the planet's surface dries up, and can be peeled away like the dead skin of a sunburn. The skane is used to create 'leather' goods, like boots, belts, thick gloves and armor.

The communion spell "Summon Skane" was basically Identical to Create Angel Hair, but made a 5 meter sqare area of skane per level of the caster.
Blade with whom I have lived.
Blade with whom I now die.
Serve right and justice one last time.
Seek one last heart of evil.
Still one last life of pain.
Cut well old friend...
and then farewell.
-Sir Orin Neville Smyth, Flight of Dragons
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Mercdog wrote:

and

Create Golem

It's been a little while since I played Wormwood, but aren't the blank spell gems limited to 1st and 2nd level spells? I'm sure I remember that, but I could be mistaken.

For another Wormwood natural resource, I did introduce skane. Basically a sheet of the planet's surface dries up, and can be peeled away like the dead skin of a sunburn. The skane is used to create 'leather' goods, like boots, belts, thick gloves and armor.

The communion spell "Summon Skane" was basically Identical to Create Angel Hair, but made a 5 meter sqare area of skane per level of the caster.

You may be right. I need to dig my book out (Packed away right now...maybe can get to this weekend) but if not, just change to a symbiote/parasite that mimics the power
But
the Resin Golem must be made of resin and bond to the Planet (disintegrates upon leaving).

------------------------------------------------

I do like your idea of "Skane", Mercdog :ok:
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

The Host learn Demon Magic :demon:
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Astral Pantheon wrote:The Host learn Demon Magic :demon:

As if they aren't evil enough...
At this point the Living Planet needs some serious antibiotics, interferon, AZT*, or radiation treatments....
(* for the Alien Invader Demonic Swarms)
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

taalismn wrote:

At this point the Living Planet needs some serious antibiotics, interferon, AZT*, or radiation treatments....

I agree, but with all the lesser demons around the Host...there would be a chance to pick up a few spells...

--------------------------------

I like the idea of a new Host arriving but since it possesses and transforms the body: a cursed item (rebels got on the Dark Priest before) that over time will twist the New Host slightly to the light (Aberrant alignment)...could change the game if the New Host start a Host VS Host War :demon:
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

zedjagder wrote:
taalismn wrote:

:twisted: Would the perscribed radiation treatments be delivered in kilo-ton or mega-ton dosages? :twisted:

Neutron-S(before they discovered the 'S' stood for 'singularity')
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

:twisted: A Demon Planet VS Wormwood :twisted:
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Astral Pantheon wrote::twisted: A Demon Planet VS Wormwood :twisted:

That's kind of what's already going on, since the planet under the control over those demons is actually converting to demonic in nature due to its interactive nature with its occupants. Part of the planet is demon, part is still Wormwood, and you've factions fighting to make one side the only side.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Nightmask wrote:
Astral Pantheon wrote::twisted: A Demon Planet VS Wormwood :twisted:

That's kind of what's already going on, since the planet under the control over those demons is actually converting to demonic in nature due to its interactive nature with its occupants. Part of the planet is demon, part is still Wormwood, and you've factions fighting to make one side the only side.

But I recall, a paragraph stating something like, if the humans all die then Wormwood dies plus wormwood isn't flying through the galaxy eating other worlds. On Wormwood, the Demons are like an infection that needs treated. In truth, more on the inner workings is still needed and if the planet could move through space then the Host would be even more sinister :twisted:
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Mercdog wrote:

and

Create Golem

Finally, got my book out and there is no limit on the Blank Spell Gem :demon: :ok:

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”