Would you buy it?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Would you buy it?

Yes.
70%
No.
30%

Total votes: 23

Grug
Megaversal® Ambassador

Would you buy it?

Unread post by Grug »

Hello everyone, during a conversation with Kevin along time ago at a convention. He asked If I would like to see a hardcover edition of the PFRPG main book in hardcover. Kind of like the Rifts Ultimate edition. Of course I said yes. I was just wondering if anybody else would like to see them do it. Even if they did not change anything in it. But priced it at $34.95 or whatever.

*Edit* Ok lets say it would be a complete rework. New art, better layout, minor changes to rules, etc.
Last edited by Grug on Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you know your enemy and know yourself your victory will not stand in doubt. -Sun Tzu
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -Kosh
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Re: Would you buy it?

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Lower the price.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Hardcover for "only" $34.95?

Given that softcover books are only a few dollars less, I'd say that that that would be a bargain, just from the durability standpoint.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Depends if they just reprint it (maybe), update the book a little to get rid of the minor flaws in it (yes), or "frell it up" by making taking it to a RUE standard( F*** No).
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
X'Zanthar
Wanderer

Unread post by X'Zanthar »

Just a re-print, no. If it was cleaned up, re-worked a bit and updated, probably not.

I have been moving away from paper formats, and actually putting what I can on electronic formats. I would love to see the option of ANY new stuff from Palladium put into both PDF and even something like Kindle. If I could get all my book onto my tablet, I would be happy.
Cinos
Hero

Unread post by Cinos »

Is it a new engine or at least, new information? The response to that question is a mirror or my answer. That said, having a hard cover available with sweet art isn't a bad thing to have, but I'm not paying for it unless I needed to replace my copy. And I prefer soft cover anyway.
Getting a mage to tell you where the hydra is...10,000 gold
Hiring a summoner... 40,000 gold
Hiring one hundred 10th level mercenaries... 98,567 gold
Giving a hydra skull to your necromancer... priceless

Board? Read bad fan fiction!
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=120575&p=2349744#p2349744
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Rules cleanup? Are you kidding me? I would pay double that....
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

First off forget about anyone saying "lower the price". It's a hardcover. Why the hell would PB sell the book at a loss. At 35$ it's pretty standard and compared to some other priced hardcovers a pretty good deal. Espcially if it was a complete rework. Hell I would like to see what PB could do with full color glossy pages version of the book.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
enyggma514
D-Bee

Unread post by enyggma514 »

If it was like RUE with two sections of color artwork plus it is layed out like RUE then I would shell out my cash for it. A 3rd more streamline edition of this game is needed if Palladium wants to be competitive with other companies. Even if they want to get a lot of people excited about playing it. Has anyone ever tried to show a Pathfinder group or D and D group a Palladium Fantasy book? They are laughable compared to the slick cover, streamline system and excellent artwork that D and D and Pathfinder books have.
I have never been able to get a group to play Palladium over Pathfinder, D and D, or Warhammer. Back in the days of 1st and 2nd edition D and D it could compete. These days unless the company really gets behind this game then it will continue to be a game that only the old die hards play. How does that help its survival? Sorry if I went off on a tangent. For the record I am frustrated by the fact that I can never get anyone to play this game with me. So that may have colored my opinion since as I stated earlier I have found it impossible to get 3rd or 4th ed gamers to give it a chance.
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

Grug wrote:Hello everyone, during a conversation with Kevin along time ago at a convention. He asked If I would like to see a hardcover edition of the PFRPG main book in hardcover. Kind of like the Rifts Ultimate edition. Of course I said yes. I was just wondering if anybody else would like to see them do it. Even if they did not change anything in it. But priced it at $34.95 or whatever.

*Edit* Ok lets say it would be a complete rework. New art, better layout, minor changes to rules, etc.

Instead of reworking the rules...Combine the rules for it in one easy to find book instead of scattering them throughout the books. Such as the rules for travel in the Old Ones book, the creation tables for villages; towns; and cities in Western Empire, currency tables from Library of Bletherad, etc. Put the prices of carriages, horse, and other need to know things in the main book. If could be used in any campaign, add it!
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Grug
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Grug »

enyggma514 wrote:If it was like RUE with two sections of color artwork plus it is layed out like RUE then I would shell out my cash for it. A 3rd more streamline edition of this game is needed if Palladium wants to be competitive with other companies. Even if they want to get a lot of people excited about playing it. Has anyone ever tried to show a Pathfinder group or D and D group a Palladium Fantasy book? They are laughable compared to the slick cover, streamline system and excellent artwork that D and D and Pathfinder books have.
I have never been able to get a group to play Palladium over Pathfinder, D and D, or Warhammer. Back in the days of 1st and 2nd edition D and D it could compete. These days unless the company really gets behind this game then it will continue to be a game that only the old die hards play. How does that help its survival? Sorry if I went off on a tangent. For the record I am frustrated by the fact that I can never get anyone to play this game with me. So that may have colored my opinion since as I stated earlier I have found it impossible to get 3rd or 4th ed gamers to give it a chance.
It's funny you brought up Pathfinder. Most of our group was sent overseas, or had kids. So we started playing with my wife's friends who would only play Pathfinder. Since they were running it I said sure. I do not mind playing it. Because some Roll-playing is better then no Role-playing. But I have gotten them into a PFRPG and Rifts campaign as of late. After some prodding since after three months of gming Pathfinder they were burned out.. I have been gming my PFRPG game for seven years. They will never gm one which sucks. Because I really want to play in a Palladium Fantasy game again!
If you know your enemy and know yourself your victory will not stand in doubt. -Sun Tzu
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -Kosh

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”