Psionic Item Creation

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Psionic Item Creation

Unread post by 13eowulf »

I havent been able to find anything on this subject from a search, so if it is already out there if you could please direct me to it that would be much appreciated.

There are a few examples of TW-esque items that based solely on Psionics. There are the Psionic Crystal items from Phase World for example, and the Gizmoteer RCC from South America 2 that is defined as being a psychic version of a Techno-Wizard, but both were out long before the TW creation rules were revised into their current (and awesome) status.
Does anyone know if there are plans to come up with a set of Psionc Item Creation Rules in a similar vein, or has anyone does so already and it currently is awaiting publication, or been posted here, or on a website or something?

I would be real interested in such a thing.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
X'Zanthar
Wanderer

Re: Psionic Item Creation

Unread post by X'Zanthar »

13eowulf wrote:I havent been able to find anything on this subject from a search, so if it is already out there if you could please direct me to it that would be much appreciated.

There are a few examples of TW-esque items that based solely on Psionics. There are the Psionic Crystal items from Phase World for example, and the Gizmoteer RCC from South America 2 that is defined as being a psychic version of a Techno-Wizard, but both were out long before the TW creation rules were revised into their current (and awesome) status.
Does anyone know if there are plans to come up with a set of Psionc Item Creation Rules in a similar vein, or has anyone does so already and it currently is awaiting publication, or been posted here, or on a website or something?

Our GM cam up with some loose creation rules for the crystal psionic items from Palladium (book 6 I think) which he says were cobbled together using the TW rules. We have a couple NPCs running about but I understand it is a slow process. I will ask to see if he can post them or pass them on to be posted.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

There is the Psi-Tech PCC in BTS, NB, and Rifts books that are device builders. They have their own rules for building stuff.

The Problem with the (psi)Gizmoteers in SA2 is they are a RCC that is a Akemi Stoneman RCC. Some will argue otherwise.

I will admit I was wrong "that is is not a Akemi Stoneman RCC" ONLY if PB reclassifies the (psi)Gizmoter RCC as a PCC. Why a PCC? Because if it not a Akemi Stoneman RCC, then because of it's psionic nature therefor, it falls into the PCC classification.
NOT some stupid "psionic OCC" crapola.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

X'Zanthar wrote:
13eowulf wrote:I havent been able to find anything on this subject from a search, so if it is already out there if you could please direct me to it that would be much appreciated.

Our GM cam up with some loose creation rules for the crystal psionic items from Palladium (book 6 I think) which he says were cobbled together using the TW rules. We have a couple NPCs running about but I understand it is a slow process. I will ask to see if he can post them or pass them on to be posted.

That would be awesome, thank you kindly.

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:There is the Psi-Tech PCC in BTS, NB, and Rifts books that are device builders. They have their own rules for building stuff.

I am aware of these classes, but what they can do is make machines that perform a specific psionic power, as opposed to a unique device that is a combination of effects, or a new effect that is greater than the sum of its parts.

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:The Problem with the (psi)Gizmoteers in SA2 is they are a RCC that is a Akemi Stoneman RCC. Some will argue otherwise.

I will admit I was wrong "that is is not a Akemi Stoneman RCC" ONLY if PB reclassifies the (psi)Gizmoter RCC as a PCC. Why a PCC? Because if it not a Akemi Stoneman RCC, then because of it's psionic nature therefor, it falls into the PCC classification.
NOT some stupid "psionic OCC" crapola.

I have no idea why you made this statement, or how it relates. The SA2 Gizmoteer has the ability to create items like the Techno-Wizard, however with the revision of the TW creation rules the Ability description is now inaccurate and lacking, so some adjusted Psionic Item Creation rules would be a good thing. How this relates to whether or not the SA2 Gizmoteer is an RCC, PCC, or OCC is a mystery to me.
The Psionic Item Creation rules could be useful for a number of classes, like the Psyscape Psi-Tech, and not just the SA2 Gizmoteer, the same way the TW creation rules can be used by other classes, like the Farie Bot RCC.

I can only guess that somewhere there is a raging debate I am unaware of about the status of the SA2 Gizmoteer that many feel strongly about, and that somehow spilled over to here.

Not one to shy away from a good debate, I shall go read up more in depth about Gizmoteer from SA2, and search the forum for the debate, or start a new one if I can find it.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

The (psi) Gizmoter RCC was mentioned in the very 1st post, so making comments about (psi) Gizmoter RCC is relevant to the discussion due to that RCCs are racial restricted classes, therefore the rules that apply to the (psi) Gizmoter RCC can not be copy and pasted elsewhere; and there people who argue that the (psi) Gizmoter RCC can be just learned like it is a an OCC, so to prevent a big long post battle I accknowledged they are people who disagree with the basic PB lexicon.
And that PB with RUE have incorrectly called PCCs as "Psionic OCCs", which is an oxymoronic term according to the PB megaversal Lexicon, thus the poo related term.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

While I am not disputing the status of the Gizmoteer, cause after reading more, I agree with you there (although I can see the class being re-written as a PCC in the future), I do disagree about the inability of Psionic Item Creation rules not being cross compatible.

For example, the Faerie Bot (updated version in D-Bees of North America) is an RCC that cannot select an OCC, but have access to the normal TW Creation rules.
In that vein, Psionic Item Creation rules, if created and along similar lines to the TW creation rules, even is created initially for use with the Gizmoteer, can be used for futures OCCs/PCCs or applied to pre-existing ones, like allowing the Psyscape Psi-Tech to create items using said rules.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Not saying that they can't be a guideline for making a general psi creation rules for a PCC.
But.
As they stand in the (psi) Gizmoter RCC, they are not available for any other class. Which is why I used the term "Copy & Paste".

There is a part that as they stand in the (psi) Gizmoter RCC, they are a bit broken, err... needing refinement. I would not want them as they stand in a PCC that created PSi items.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”