~ GOLEM WARRIOR OCC ~ idea !!

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

TechnoGothic
Knight

~ GOLEM WARRIOR OCC ~ idea !!

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Just had an Idea for a new OCC for a magic kingdom.

Part One = The Magic Kingdom trains warriors who will later turn themselves into Golem Beings. Trained to resist insanity, HtH skills, WPs, and skills needed. Their training allows them to use scrolls and TW items as well as slightly increases their ISP/PPE levels. Both 6d6 at least.

Part Two = Wizards create scrolls for the Create Golem ritual, so no wizards can be used to create golems. Wizards create scrolls for the spell Transferral of Essence & Intelligence so non wizards can transfer themselves into the golems created.Wizards create PPE batteries with enough PPE to perform the over Ritual and Spell for the non-wizards to draw on.

Part Three = The Warrior perform the ritual and spell themselves as instructed to. Once Transferred into the Golem, they are trained some more to help them make the transition from Flesh and Blood to Golem better with less chance of insanity than normal. Due to training, they only have to roll for insanity at levels 5, 10, and 15. Never more times than this. I'd use the Aniti-Monster Insanity Table in South America One for the best possible insanities due to their condition. Their training also allows them to use TW weapon and to fuel them if need be.

-------------

Most use Stone or Iron Golems only. Each Warrior helps builds the Golem Body. Maybe even designing its appearance in general. So some might want simple golem bodies, others might want more detailed golem bodies.

So what do you think ? For the Idea of a Golem Warrior OCC.
I'm thinking Stormspire might actually be the best Magic Kingdom for this or Arzno. Though Dweomer too would be a nice fit for it.

I'm looking at the more detailed Palladium Fantasy Version overall. For the SDC to convert straight over to MDC on a 1-to-1 bases, instead of using the BoM version which seems to be lacking big time. Though it is useful for an Army if you think about it.

Now. Should we include a few TW improvements to standard Golem bodies ?
Simple TW Laser weapon built-in ? Claws, Blades, anything else that sound useful to add to them. I would be ok with One built-in TW Ranged weapon of some kind. Laser, Ion based or just magic energy in general might be best.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: ~ GOLEM WARRIOR OCC ~ idea !!

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Not the worst OCC idea I've heard.
Kind a pretty specialized niche, though... golems generally aren't common enough to have enough groupies to warrant an OCC.
If I used the idea, I'd have them as part of a cult.

For further ideas, you might check out this old thread:
viewtopic.php?p=787130#p787130
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Kind of a Mystic Transferred Intelligence Robot, no?
A lot less mechanically complex than an Automaton or a Tolkeen Juggernaut.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Not a bad idea.

I kinda like the approach of using this as part of a cult. A platoon of golems would make good henchmen for an evil NPC.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

strictly speaking, isn't transferral of essence and intellect a warlock-only spell which would require a warlock to do this?

(or, alternately, a shifter who has made a pact with an earth-focused being).
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

While this isn't something I would use (at least as far as I understand it), I do love Golems and any love they can get is appreciated! :)
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

frankly the main problem with golems is that they're falling behind the power curve in rifts earth. you permanently sacrifice some PPE to make an oversized walking brick with basically no intellegence, roughly the same MDC as a good suit of EBA, and limited hand to hand ability and damage. they can't use weapons, they can't obey anyone but the guy who made them... in a fantasy setting they're nasty opponents..in rifts and phaseworld, they're ablative sheilding for the mage.

now i've come up with a solutions to improve a few of these, and hope to have them printed, but even those don't solve the flaws, they just kinda patch it over.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

glitterboy2098 wrote:frankly the main problem with golems is that they're falling behind the power curve in rifts earth. you permanently sacrifice some PPE...

SDC, actually.

... to make an oversized walking brick with basically no intellegence,

Which would be solved with his idea of transferring people's minds into the golems.

... roughly the same MDC as a good suit of EBA,

Unless you spring for the iron heart and diamond, which bumps the MDC for an iron golem up to 160.
And since they only take 1/2 damage from physical attacks, explosives, and energy damage, that's more like 320.

and limited hand to hand ability and damage. they can't use weapons,

Actually, there's nothing in the description that I can find that prevents them from using weapons.
Granted, they have an IQ of 6, so you might not want to trust them with a gun... but, again, the idea of putting people's minds into the golem fixes that problem.
All you'd need to do is craft them the right size to use whatever weapon you want.
Hell, an 18' tall iron golem properly braced could probably use a Boom Gun, if you want to go for the firepower.
Or a captured CS missile rifle, or whatever.

... they can't obey anyone but the guy who made them...

Although the guy who made them can order them to obey other people.

... in a fantasy setting they're nasty opponents..in rifts and phaseworld, they're ablative sheilding for the mage.

Depends on how you use them, really.

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

X'Zanthar
Wanderer

Unread post by X'Zanthar »

With a diabolist you could cast some spells on the body (from a scroll if your the golem intelligence) and have the dibolist activate a permanancy ward to keep them up. Say Invulnerability (for the saves, the DC will be used up), Fly as the Eagle, Eyes of the Wolf, etc.

Or you could transfer into a special made TW golem with all sorts of goodies.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Killer Cyborg wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:frankly the main problem with golems is that they're falling behind the power curve in rifts earth. you permanently sacrifice some PPE...

SDC, actually.

sorry. i knew it was one of the two, and PPE loss is the more common in palladium magic. what i get for going purely off memory.

... to make an oversized walking brick with basically no intellegence,

Which would be solved with his idea of transferring people's minds into the golems.

which then limits your total number of golems to the number of people who can be trained to inhabit them. instead of say, a unit of 4-6 you can order around, you get only one per mage, albeit one that is (in theory) more capable of decision making.

... roughly the same MDC as a good suit of EBA,

Unless you spring for the iron heart and diamond, which bumps the MDC for an iron golem up to 160.
And since they only take 1/2 damage from physical attacks, explosives, and energy damage, that's more like 320.

i'd forgotten about the reduced damage thing. still, even 320 is just upper end powered armor level protection taking that down isn't all that difficult, just expensive.

and limited hand to hand ability and damage. they can't use weapons,

Actually, there's nothing in the description that I can find that prevents them from using weapons.
Granted, they have an IQ of 6, so you might not want to trust them with a gun... but, again, the idea of putting people's minds into the golem fixes that problem.
All you'd need to do is craft them the right size to use whatever weapon you want.
Hell, an 18' tall iron golem properly braced could probably use a Boom Gun, if you want to go for the firepower.
and with an IQ of 6 you'd be looking at wild shots at best. short range spray and pray stuff.

... they can't obey anyone but the guy who made them...

debateable how effective that is though, and how well the glem would listen to someone not it's master.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Killer Cyborg
Priest

glitterboy2098 wrote:Which would be solved with his idea of transferring people's minds into the golems.

which then limits your total number of golems to the number of people who can be trained to inhabit them. instead of say, a unit of 4-6 you can order around, you get only one per mage, albeit one that is (in theory) more capable of decision making.[/quote]

Well, you can still MAKE as many golems as you want (as long as you have SDC to spend).
Then somebody trained for this OCC could read a scroll and transfer himself inside one.

A TW machine might be better, though- easier to work around the letter of the spell.

still, even 320 is just upper end powered armor level protection taking that down isn't all that difficult, just expensive.

Yeah... "upper-end power armor level protection" seems pretty decent for a person's physical body.
They can always wear armor on top of it, if they like.
And a Naruni Force Field, if they have the cash and the opportunity.

and with an IQ of 6 you'd be looking at wild shots at best. short range spray and pray stuff.

A normal golem, sure.
Which is why I said you might not want to trust one with a gun.
One with somebody else's mind in it? They could fire just fine, as long as they had the right skills.

debateable how effective that is though, and how well the glem would listen to someone not it's master.

How could it not be effective?
If the golem doesn't obey the other person's orders, that would be disobeying their master.
As for how well they'd listen, they'd obey as well as their IQ of 6 would allow.
For what that's worth.
Last edited by Killer Cyborg on Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

My version of the "golem warrior" would just be a partial cyborg that was made with Golem parts instead after suffering a secret injury. I'd give them a small PPE score and make them tormented heroes/villians who walked the line between life and the unliving. I'd also make them prone to beserk rages that are difficult, if not impossible to control.

They would often serve kingdoms as protectors or guardians but they would be shunned and unappreciated by the general masses out of a sense of fear. They would be able to get TW upgrades but at the cost of MA as the transformation costs a part of their soul and should never be done carelessly. Though some might learn that their pain lessens the less soul they have and choose that path as a release from their anguish...

----

Also, I don't see why a golem should be more powerful than power armor. It's all about how you use them really. Also, intelligence six isn't 1-3, they're more like rednecks. They could still use guns it's just higher thinking may ellude them. Think of it like this... That golem is way better than relying on your familiar to hold off foes while you weave a spell.

At least a golem can take a couple of attacks as opposed to Mr Squeeky who would be squashed underfoot.

Poor Mr Squeeky. :(
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
Killer Cyborg
Priest

Akashic Soldier wrote:My version of the "golem warrior" would just be a partial cyborg that was made with Golem parts instead after suffering a secret injury. I'd give them a small PPE score and make them tormented heroes/villians who walked the line between life and the unliving. I'd also make them prone to beserk rages that are difficult, if not impossible to control.

Nice! :ok:
Also, intelligence six isn't 1-3, they're more like rednecks. They could still use guns it's just higher thinking may ellude them.

The problem would be where they shoot and when. Friendly fire and collateral damage and such.

taalismn
Priest

Akashic Soldier wrote:My version of the "golem warrior" would just be a partial cyborg that was made with Golem parts instead after suffering a secret injury. I'd give them a small PPE score and make them tormented heroes/villians who walked the line between life and the unliving. I'd also make them prone to beserk rages that are difficult, if not impossible to control.

They would often serve kingdoms as protectors or guardians but they would be shunned and unappreciated by the general masses out of a sense of fear. They would be able to get TW upgrades but at the cost of MA as the transformation costs a part of their soul and should never be done carelessly. Though some might learn that their pain lessens the less soul they have and choose that path as a release from their anguish...

----

Also, I don't see why a golem should be more powerful than power armor. It's all about how you use them really. Also, intelligence six isn't 1-3, they're more like rednecks. They could still use guns it's just higher thinking may ellude them. Think of it like this... That golem is way better than relying on your familiar to hold off foes while you weave a spell.

At least a golem can take a couple of attacks as opposed to Mr Squeeky who would be squashed underfoot.

Poor Mr Squeeky. :(

Ouch. That's actually a very good idea(and temptation)...More power, but less ability to relate to people. Kinda like cyberpsychosis. And it makes for some truly tragic or plain whacked characters:"Pfeh! What good did my soul every do me? Gimme the Sphere of Annihilation projector and if I got an 'soul' left, I'll take a coupla those techno-zappers!"

I always regarded Golems as your basic (and literal) walking brick, though. Not terribly fast or agile, but with lots of staying power to sit there and slug away. Adding a transferred intelligence just means the golem has a bit more initiative and can engage in ranged combat, and knows some dirty underhanded fighting moves for melee combat(like a groin stomp or face-gouge).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Akashic Soldier
Knight

It took me a few years to realize that its ALL story. You can be all powerful and predict threats before they happen and see into the future so you know everyone one of your enemies moves long before they make it... but most of the time the most fun you are ever going to have Role Playing is when you're loosing or recovering from loss. The best characters are the ones with failings and flaws and the best villains are the ones you agree with or pity.

At least that's my experience.

Some might say I had a vindictive Storyteller but some of out antagonists were "right" and if we couldnt at least see WHY they were doing what they did--than he was seriously off his game that night.

Also, it helps you get to a point where youre just not satisfied blasting the enemy into next century... you only feel right winning if its after youve pulled off a successful trap or stunt. Killing "cool" NPC's or well rounded characters with a D20 or straight up damage rolls in a sword fight almost seems like a waste of a good character. Much better to have them devoured by their own demonic minions or destroyed by their own ambition.
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
taalismn
Priest

Akashic Soldier wrote:[
It took me a few years to realize that its ALL story. You can be all powerful and predict threats before they happen and see into the future so you know everyone one of your enemies moves long before they make it... but most of the time the most fun you are ever going to have Role Playing is when you're loosing or recovering from loss. The best characters are the ones with failings and flaws and the best villains are the ones you agree with or pity.

Or conversely, finding out that your 'heroes' have questionable motives and ethics; Joseph Conrad's Kurtz, Robotech's Colonel Wolfe, Rifts' Doctor Reid. Do the PCs overlook their behvaior to work with them, or stand their moral and ethical ground(and get censored by the others who hold the heroes in high regard, or get cut to flinders for standing alone?)?.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Exactly! I've got to say, with the exception of one or two posters this place is brilliant!
Killer Cyborg
Priest

Akashic Soldier wrote:It took me a few years to realize that its ALL story. You can be all powerful and predict threats before they happen and see into the future so you know everyone one of your enemies moves long before they make it... but most of the time the most fun you are ever going to have Role Playing is when you're loosing or recovering from loss. The best characters are the ones with failings and flaws and the best villains are the ones you agree with or pity.

Some might say I had a vindictive Storyteller but some of out antagonists were "right" and if we couldnt at least see WHY they were doing what they did--than he was seriously off his game that night.

Also, it helps you get to a point where youre just not satisfied blasting the enemy into next century... you only feel right winning if its after youve pulled off a successful trap or stunt. Killing "cool" NPC's or well rounded characters with a D20 or straight up damage rolls in a sword fight almost seems like a waste of a good character. Much better to have them devoured by their own demonic minions or destroyed by their own ambition.

Good post. :ok:

taalismn
Priest

Akashic Soldier wrote:Exactly! I've got to say, with the exception of one or two posters this place is brilliant!

I've learned more about weapons technology, metallurgy, and comparative history listening to gamers, than I ever have in college. :D
I still have fond memories of Trinity College, sitting listening to two conversations, one from a bunch of students chattering non-stop about summer break in Cancun and the best places to go drinking, while on the other side was the Trinity College Fantasy Guild, engaged in a serious discussion of the logistics of the Roman Empire. Guess which one I found the more interesting? 8)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Akashic Soldier
Knight

taalismn wrote:I've learned more about weapons technology, metallurgy, and comparative history listening to gamers, than I ever have in college. :D
I still have fond memories of Trinity College, sitting listening to two conversations, one from a bunch of students chattering non-stop about summer break in Cancun and the best places to go drinking, while on the other side was the Trinity College Fantasy Guild, engaged in a serious discussion of the logistics of the Roman Empire. Guess which one I found the more interesting? 8)

Did the bunch of students have breasts and/or were they scantly clad?
taalismn
Priest

Akashic Soldier wrote:
taalismn wrote:I've learned more about weapons technology, metallurgy, and comparative history listening to gamers, than I ever have in college. :D

Did the bunch of students have breasts and/or were they scantly clad?

I'll admit that the Cancun Discussion Group was MUCH easier on the eyes than the Roman Logistics Committee.

So I compromised; I looked at the former while listening to the latter.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Akashic Soldier
Knight

taalismn wrote:So I compromised; I looked at the former while listening to the latter.

C...omp..utize?

You made them digital?

I dont understand what you mean when you say compromised. What is the meaning of this word?
taalismn
Priest

Akashic Soldier wrote:
taalismn wrote:So I compromised; I looked at the former while listening to the latter.

C...omp..utize?

You made them digital?

I dont understand what you mean when you say compromised. What is the meaning of this word?

It's like surrendering your position, only you're not. It's like giving up while still holding onto a grudge. It's a smile and a handshake only you're clearing your teeth for action and testing the other guy's strength to see how much force you have to use to throw him down to the ground where you can jump on him.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Lol. ;D

RIFTS!
TechnoGothic
Knight

Killer Cyborg wrote:Not the worst OCC idea I've heard.
Kind a pretty specialized niche, though... golems generally aren't common enough to have enough groupies to warrant an OCC.
If I used the idea, I'd have them as part of a cult.

For further ideas, you might check out this old thread:
viewtopic.php?p=787130#p787130

Thanks for the post ;)

Its a Very Good Idea to place a Trained Warrior into a Golem Body. Specially when you train the warrior to help build the golem body, learn how to read the two scrolls, so the Warrior himseld loses the SDC to activate the golem, not the Wizards. Then when the Warrior is ready, after the other training needed for him to deal with the altered sensations, mentally buffing up the Warrior (bonus to M.E. say +1d6 to +2d4) Have a M.E. requirement of 15 or higher to be selected to complete training and cast the Transfer Essence scroll.

You get a Very Tough Warrior (Golem Body) with the Mind of Warrior, his skills, intelligence, etc. Yeah it is also much cheaper to make Golem Bodies for your Warriors and to train them to use the scrolls than to give them Bionics/TW Bionics or whatever normal enhancements a Kingdom might normally go with. The Biggest advantage is the Golem Warriors repair regenerate damage, even if destroyed (or it seems). Alot of people might assume they are a new type of Borg or something and not using Golem Bodies.

taalismn wrote:Kind of a Mystic Transferred Intelligence Robot, no?
A lot less mechanically complex than an Automaton or a Tolkeen Juggernaut.

True, which is a huge advantage actually.
They would much easier to build. Cost a fraction to build, specially if you have warlocks or wizards who can create Iron or Stone through magics for the Kingdom.

Grell wrote:While this isn't something I would use (at least as far as I understand it), I do love Golems and any love they can get is appreciated! :)

Just remember these are not normal Golems. That a Human, Elf, Dwarf, or whatever Intelligent Being is Transferred Inside the Golem forever. That you get the benefit of a Trained Warrior inside the Golem to defend your kingdom.

glitterboy2098 wrote:frankly the main problem with golems is that they're falling behind the power curve in rifts earth. you permanently sacrifice some PPE to make an oversized walking brick with basically no intellegence, roughly the same MDC as a good suit of EBA, and limited hand to hand ability and damage. they can't use weapons, they can't obey anyone but the guy who made them... in a fantasy setting they're nasty opponents..in rifts and phaseworld, they're ablative sheilding for the mage.

now i've come up with a solutions to improve a few of these, and hope to have them printed, but even those don't solve the flaws, they just kinda patch it over.

Tranferance of Essence & Intelliect Scrolls so the Golem Body now has the Mind of a Trained Warrior piloting the body as his own body. Use the Ironheart/diamond for the Golem Bodies. Which boosts the mdc of the body in Rifts's version of the spell. They continue to gain EXP of course in this new OCC that they are trained for. Of course it would be best to train Warriors for the new reality of their change before they undergo it. At least best as you can to prepair them for it at least. Like alot of places prepair people for Full Cyborg Conversion before they undergo the process to help them cope with the changes best they can.
This Golem Warrior OCC is like making Tranferred Intelligence Robot RCC, but instead of technology, its a magical body your going to have live with forever until destroyed. How common is the knowledge to Truely destroy a Golem Body is not known to us. I would not have it be common knowledge, cause how many people are going to think of removing a the heart from the body, etc... So it does not come back 24 hours later ?

X'Zanthar wrote:With a diabolist you could cast some spells on the body (from a scroll if your the golem intelligence) and have the dibolist activate a permanancy ward to keep them up. Say Invulnerability (for the saves, the DC will be used up), Fly as the Eagle, Eyes of the Wolf, etc.

Or you could transfer into a special made TW golem with all sorts of goodies.

Great idea with the permanancy wards. The best would reduce the weight of the Golem Body (featherlight) and To make the Golem Body Silient when walking/runing (Silience). Specially if they are placed on the body before being activated to make sure they are now part of the golem body proper, and would regenerate the wards/spells if destroyed/damaged.

------------

Ohh I can even see several varients for this OCC already.
#1 Standard Golem Warrior OCC (maybe with a few TW add-ons to the body)
#2 Hercules Golem Warriors (added Superhuman PS made permanent, Add-on MDC protection from Armor of Ithan or Invulnerability to Energy made permanent or other unique Forcefields maybe like the Nazca PA's energy field)
#3 Hermes Golem Warriors (Those with enhanced Speed spells added-on, etc..)
#4 Zeus Golem Warrior (those given innate energy blasts, lightning blasts, as well as added strength, mdc protection)

hmmm....
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
TechnoGothic
Knight

Ohh hows this for the OCC name itself.

IRONHEART WARRIOR OCC
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Killer Cyborg
Priest

TechnoGothic wrote: The Biggest advantage is the Golem Warriors repair regenerate damage, even if destroyed (or it seems). Alot of people might assume they are a new type of Borg or something and not using Golem Bodies.

In the thread I linked to, somebody had the clever idea of making a Golem that looked like a robot- that way even the people who knew about destroying the heart wouldn't think to do it.
That could work for your guys too- actually sculpt the golem bodies to look like full-conversion Borgs.

TechnoGothic
Knight

Yep that would work for the Iron Golems at least. The Stone Golems not so much, but then again aren't their Stone-like monsters and DBees running around ;) yep.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

TechnoGothic wrote:Just had an Idea for a new OCC for a magic kingdom.

Part One = The Magic Kingdom trains warriors who will later turn themselves into Golem Beings. Trained to resist insanity, HtH skills, WPs, and skills needed. Their training allows them to use scrolls and TW items as well as slightly increases their ISP/PPE levels. Both 6d6 at least.

Part Two = Wizards create scrolls for the Create Golem ritual, so no wizards can be used to create golems. Wizards create scrolls for the spell Transferral of Essence & Intelligence so non wizards can transfer themselves into the golems created.Wizards create PPE batteries with enough PPE to perform the over Ritual and Spell for the non-wizards to draw on.

Part Three = The Warrior perform the ritual and spell themselves as instructed to. Once Transferred into the Golem, they are trained some more to help them make the transition from Flesh and Blood to Golem better with less chance of insanity than normal. Due to training, they only have to roll for insanity at levels 5, 10, and 15. Never more times than this. I'd use the Aniti-Monster Insanity Table in South America One for the best possible insanities due to their condition. Their training also allows them to use TW weapon and to fuel them if need be.

-------------

Most use Stone or Iron Golems only. Each Warrior helps builds the Golem Body. Maybe even designing its appearance in general. So some might want simple golem bodies, others might want more detailed golem bodies.

So what do you think ? For the Idea of a Golem Warrior OCC.
I'm thinking Stormspire might actually be the best Magic Kingdom for this or Arzno. Though Dweomer too would be a nice fit for it.

I'm looking at the more detailed Palladium Fantasy Version overall. For the SDC to convert straight over to MDC on a 1-to-1 bases, instead of using the BoM version which seems to be lacking big time. Though it is useful for an Army if you think about it.

Now. Should we include a few TW improvements to standard Golem bodies ?
Simple TW Laser weapon built-in ? Claws, Blades, anything else that sound useful to add to them. I would be ok with One built-in TW Ranged weapon of some kind. Laser, Ion based or just magic energy in general might be best.

This is not any sort of class. This is of the Immortal power cat. in PU2.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
TechnoGothic
Knight

IRONHEART WARRIOR O.C.C. (write Up so far)

Spoiler:
IRONHEART WARRIOR O.C.C.

The “Ironheart Warriors” are the brainchild of a Wizard from the city of Tolkeen . After having to flee the city after its fall, the Wizard who had turned himself into a Iron Golem, sold his method of doing so to the cities of Stormspire and Dweomner in the Magic Zone. Since then the wizard left to gain revenge against the CS and has not been seen since.

Dweomner has made little use of the process. Mostly it has been used to transform Controller Magus into Golems that have requested the process to “be” the golem-being that used to pilot on the field of battle. Most Controllers who have underwent the process love being Golems. The Lords of Magic sit back and wait to see how the current members fair in battle and in life as golem beings. Stormspire however has embraced the idea of creating Intelliegent Golem warriors for defense. The use of scrolls helps the city not waste Wizard resourses creating the golem bodies, and the scrolls used to transfer the essence and intellect of the caster into the golem body keeps Wizards normal, but allows them to transform normal men-at-arms into super magical warriors.

The exact process and training is kept secret. Though Dweomner has shared with Stormspire methods to better prepair the volunteers for a life inside a Golem Body. Particularly when it comes to the alien senses of the golem form, which several former Controller Magus have said is nearly like their former Automination senses. Nearly but not exact they stress. Stormspire Techno-Wizards have taken the concept of the Ironheart Warriors can are experimenting with adding TW features to the golem bodies. Not all experiments meet with success however. Failed results destroy the golem body. Luckly the volunteers have not yet placed their essence into the golem body during this phase.

Volunteers must be willing sdc beings to undergo this strange method for an unknown reason. The Stormspire leaders believe this process may be a stepping stone to the Iron Juggernauts War Machines Tolkeen used in the war. If it is, the Wizard who sold the method to both kingdoms has not verified if it is or is not linked to the Iron Juggernauts before he vanished. Stormspire has named this new creation after the wizard himself who created the process.

Combat Bonuses: +2 attack per melee at level 1, and +1 attack per melee round at levels 2, 7 and 14, +3 on initiative, +1 to strike, +2 to strike on a “called shot” or any carefully aimed attack, +1 to disarm, +2 to roll with impact or fall, +3 to pull punch, +1 to save vs Horror Factor at levels 2,4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 11, 13 and 15, +1 to save vs magic, +1 to save vs mind control and possession at levels 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 11 , 13 and 15. Due to mental training, Ironheart Warriors gain +3 to Save vs. Insanity at level 1 and +1 to save vs. insanity at levels 5, 10, 15. They also gain a +2d4 to their M.E. Attribute from this mental training.

use the Warlock Version for the Stats of the Golem Bodies. (BoM warlock pg 73)
PS 25 Stone, 30 Iron.
PP 18, Spd 8.
MDC 150 (stone), 240 (iron) All are made with the Iron heart with a diamond.
Regenerates : 10 Per Hour if Stone, 16 per hour if Iron. (Yes This is from the sdc golem version, but i like the slower healing rate myself. per hour is fine with me.)

IRONHEART WARRIOR O.C.C.
Also known as: Usually simply referred to as “Golem Warriors.”

Alignment Restrictions: I.Q. 10, M.E. 15, and M.A.. 10 or higher. Those wishing to be Ironheart Warriors are carefully screened for a high mental endurance and self-discipline.
Race Restrictions: Human or D-bee, but must be a mortal, S.D.C. creature; This is because of the ritual that requires the sacrifice of Personal S.D.C. to awaken the Golem body. For some reason, M.D.C. beings are unable to make the nessary sacrifice.

Player Character Note: Any Ironheart Warrior allowed as a player character will he on special assignment (scouting reconnaissance, exploration, defense of allies, spying, track and capture destroy an enemy, etc.) , or a renegade who has fled Dweomer . Or a sojourner allowed to leave Dweomer so he can find himself (find direction, peace, understanding, etc.) and/or experience the world (they lead very regulated and cloistered lives in Dweomer, something that not all people handle well, so they are sometimes allowed to leave). Such characters make excellent heroes and mercenaries.

O.C.C. SKILLS :
Demon Lore (+15%)
Speaks and is literate in American (+25%)
Speak one additional language of choice (+15%)
Basic Math (+25%)
Boxing
Wrestling
Intelligence (+lo%)
Tracking (+lo%)
Espionage: Two of choice (+lo%)
Wilderness: Two of choice (+lo%)
W.P. Sword
W.P. two ancient of choice.
W.P. one modern of choice.
Hand to Hand: Expert

O.C.C. Related Skills: At first level, the character can select five other skills, plus one additional at levels 2, 4 , 6, 8, 10, 12, 14.
Communications: Radio Basic (Only)
Cowboy: None
Domestic: Any
Electrical: None
Espionage: Any (+5%)
Mechanical: Basic (Only)
Medical: First Aid (Only)
Military: None
Physical: None are applictial as a Golem.
Piloting: None
Pilot Related: Navigation (Only)
Rogue: None
Science: Math only (+lo%)
Technical: Any (except Computer)
Weapon Proficiencies: Any, including tech weapons.
Wilderness: Any (+5%)

Secondary Skills: The Character gets two secondary skills from the list above, excluding those marked “None,” at levels 1, 4, 8, & 12. These are additional areas of knowledge that do not get the advantage of the bonus listed in parentheses. All secondary skills start at the base skill level.

I thought I could tie this into the SoT series, and give Stormspire its own unique warrior class to defend their city with besides just normal wizards, etc... Seems logical to me they might go for this process as it is Cheap on resources, and provides powerful smart golem warriors they could create easily enough as a city of magic.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

TechnoGothic
Knight

drewkitty ~..~ wrote: This is not any sort of class. This is of the Immortal power cat. in PU2.

As you can see I'm Talking about making a O.C.C. not a power class drewkitty.
Just as their is a Juicer or Crazy or Borg OCC in Rifts instead of Bionics, or Super-soldiers power classes. Ley Line Wizards would just be the Wizard power class then.

See, Not a Power Class from HU2. I'm creating a OCC, with trained Skills, requirements, and results. No random super-abilities, magics, psionics or combination of. Something for RIFTS that might be familair to us, but new in various ways however. Or just something that should have created long ago for Rifts as a Magic Robot/cyborg varient for magic kingdoms to use, modify, and explore.

What you responded to above was my basic IDEA, not the OCC itself. Which I had not typed up yet, but have now.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Shark_Force
Palladin

on a side note, for anyone who has both transferral of essence and intellect and create golem, afaict you are essentially unlimited in the number of golems you can create.

step 1) transfer to a new body. note that this body could be alive, for example it could be one of those nifty clay animals turned to stone and then to flesh, and could therefore have it's own PPE. in fact, they could even be replicas of your own body.
step 2) create a golem.
step 3) transfer back to original body.
step 4) repeat 1-3 until desired number of golems is reached.
step 5) ????
step 6) profit.

it is a bit unclear though, as it does specify losing hit points, rather than stating that you lose SDC. so it is a wee bit unclear. still, i would argue that you should get your new body's hit points and SDC when you transfer anyways (or at least, the base amounts).
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

I like the concept, but this part is a bit iffy IMHO.
TechnoGothic wrote:Part Two = Wizards create scrolls for the Create Golem ritual, so no wizards can be used to create golems. Wizards create scrolls for the spell Transferral of Essence & Intelligence so non wizards can transfer themselves into the golems created.Wizards create PPE batteries with enough PPE to perform the over Ritual and Spell for the non-wizards to draw on

Can a Ritual be placed in a Magic Scroll? The Create Golem Ritual in this case requires physical components and action to be used. Technically you could simply train the warrior in the Ritual. The limiting factor would be PPE, but options exisit (such as sacrifice, sharing, ley lines, etc) that would allow the character to perform the ritual so I don't see a need for the Scroll here.

ToE&I Scroll may not be possible. ToE&I is a Warlock spell and is not available to non-Warlocks as far as I've been able to determine. Warlock's can not take Wizard Magic ("Under no condition can a Warlock learn any spells other than those provided by his Elemental deity. Warlocks, along with Witches and some clergy, have no knowledge of spell magic nor any other magic, because their powers are given to them through a supernatural force, not learned."-Rifts Conversion Book 1R pg68).

To do a ToE&I would require a Techno-Wizard to create a device as they can work with a Warlock to empower TWdry with Elemental magic as opposed to creating a scroll. In which case you could have alternate Zombie and Mummy versions, maybe with the warrior's essence in "holding" while the Zombie/Mummy body is prepared from their own corpse.

Because the power is not learned, changing/multi- OCCs may not work as the Warlock has not learned the spell and the Elemental Deity may not allow the Warlock to put the Spell to paper.
Killer Cyborg
Priest

ShadowLogan wrote:I like the concept, but this part is a bit iffy IMHO.
TechnoGothic wrote:Part Two = Wizards create scrolls for the Create Golem ritual, so no wizards can be used to create golems. Wizards create scrolls for the spell Transferral of Essence & Intelligence so non wizards can transfer themselves into the golems created.Wizards create PPE batteries with enough PPE to perform the over Ritual and Spell for the non-wizards to draw on

Can a Ritual be placed in a Magic Scroll? The Create Golem Ritual in this case requires physical components and action to be used. Technically you could simply train the warrior in the Ritual. The limiting factor would be PPE, but options exisit (such as sacrifice, sharing, ley lines, etc) that would allow the character to perform the ritual so I don't see a need for the Scroll here.

ToE&I Scroll may not be possible. ToE&I is a Warlock spell and is not available to non-Warlocks as far as I've been able to determine. Warlock's can not take Wizard Magic ("Under no condition can a Warlock learn any spells other than those provided by his Elemental deity. Warlocks, along with Witches and some clergy, have no knowledge of spell magic nor any other magic, because their powers are given to them through a supernatural force, not learned."-Rifts Conversion Book 1R pg68).

To do a ToE&I would require a Techno-Wizard to create a device as they can work with a Warlock to empower TWdry with Elemental magic as opposed to creating a scroll. In which case you could have alternate Zombie and Mummy versions, maybe with the warrior's essence in "holding" while the Zombie/Mummy body is prepared from their own corpse.

Because the power is not learned, changing/multi- OCCs may not work as the Warlock has not learned the spell and the Elemental Deity may not allow the Warlock to put the Spell to paper.

I had the same basic thought (scroll probably couldn't work, but TW device would) but didn't look into the specifics yet.
Which would actually work well with the Stormspire angle, if he keeps that.

TechnoGothic
Knight

I could keep the Stormspire stuff sure.
I could even Add to it, that Ironheart himself send people to Stormspire to be converted to Golems for his Gang/Army/Cult. He was said to have a huge following of people at Tolkeen. Seems logical to me they might want to follow in his footsteps to become golems themselves.

I like the TW machine to transfer the essence & intellect idea.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

OK, since you asked about TW versions I decided to work it up. However, I generally don’t endorse converting high level spells into TechnoWizardry. Create Golem is a 13th level Invocation, and Transference of Essence is 8th level Earth Warlock. These two spells are good examples of why some things don’t convert well. Neither of them have a “per level” component to their effectiveness. The results are the same whether cast by a first level or tenth level mage. That means we can make it device level one, which drastically lowers the various costs.

Below is a single device that uses both spells, with Transference as the primary.

Spoiler:
Material Requirements: Two tanning beds. One holds the person to be transferred, the other the raw Golem body. (As a side note, this process makes your husk of a corpse look fabulous!)
Device Level 1
Primary Spell: Transference
Secondary Spell: Create Golem
Gems: 10.5 Carats of Garnet, plus 1 carat of Black Garnet
Base PPE Construction Cost: 1000 PPE
Activation Cost: 50 PPE
Time to build: 100 hours (12.5 workdays)
Construction Cost: 23,000 credits.

Here’s the same device, but I raised the Device Level to 5, since that’s the norm for most TW devices:
Spoiler:
Material Requirements: Two tanning beds. One holds the person to be transferred, the other the raw Golem body. (As a side note, this process makes your husk of a corpse look fabulous!)
Device Level 5
Secondary Spell: Create Golem
Gems: 10.5 Carats of Garnet, plus 1 carat of Black Garnet
Base PPE Construction Cost: 5000 PPE
Activation Cost: 250 PPE
Time to build: 2500 hours (312.5 workdays)
Construction Cost: 263,000 credits.

You could opt to split this into two devices, one for each spell:
Spoiler:
First Device: Create Golem
Material Requirements: One tanning bed.
Device Level 1
Primary Spell: Create Golem
Gems: 10 Carats of Black Garnet
Time to build: 100 hours (12.5 workdays)
Construction Cost: 35,000 credits.

Second Device: Transference
Device Level 1
Gems: 2.5 Carats of Garnet
Base PPE Construction Cost: 200 PPE
Activation Cost: 10 PPE
Time to build: 20 hours (2.5 workdays)
Construction Cost: 4,500 credits.

And here’s the two devices again, both at device level 5:
Spoiler:
First Device: Create Golem
Device Level 5
Primary Spell: Create Golem
Gems: 10 Carats of Black Garnet
Base PPE Construction Cost: 5000 PPE
Activation Cost: 250 PPE
Time to build: 2500 hours (312.5 workdays)
Construction Cost: 275,000 credits.

Second Device: Transference
Device Level 5
Gems: 2.5 Carats of Garnet
Time to build: 500 hours (62.5 workdays)
Construction Cost: 65,625 credits.

Notes:
1) I assume we’re using Iron Golems, at 1000 PPE.
2) I did not manually add in the cost of a diamond heart (8,000 credits).
3) One issue left for the GM to resolve is who loses the 6 SDC involved in creating a Golem. The mage who activates the device? Or could it be the person being transfered?
4) A high level Earth Warlock must collaborate with the TW.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
taalismn
Priest

Shark_Force wrote:on a side note, for anyone who has both transferral of essence and intellect and create golem, afaict you are essentially unlimited in the number of golems you can create.

step 1) transfer to a new body. note that this body could be alive, for example it could be one of those nifty clay animals turned to stone and then to flesh, and could therefore have it's own PPE. in fact, they could even be replicas of your own body.
step 2) create a golem.
step 3) transfer back to original body.
step 4) repeat 1-3 until desired number of golems is reached.
step 5) ????
step 6) profit.

it is a bit unclear though, as it does specify losing hit points, rather than stating that you lose SDC. so it is a wee bit unclear. still, i would argue that you should get your new body's hit points and SDC when you transfer anyways (or at least, the base amounts).

Sounds kinda like 'Ghost in the Shell's' ghostdubbing.
For anybody other than a very specialized magic OCC with lots of M.E. and M.A., I'd impose some penalties for this sort of soul-commuting, leaving a chunk of yourself in each one rather than simply copying your mental ingrams.
Oh, you could do it with involuntary/unwitting/ just plain ignorant candidates rather than yourself, but that risks having your creations turn on you at some point.
Also, at some point somebody might mistake what you're doing(or think what you're doing) as perilously close to Rune Weaponry Magic.....expect hostile company.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
X'Zanthar
Wanderer

Unread post by X'Zanthar »

Mack wrote:OK, since you asked about TW versions I decided to work it up. However, I generally don’t endorse converting high level spells into TechnoWizardry. Create Golem is a 13th level Invocation, and Transference of Essence is 8th level Earth Warlock. These two spells are good examples of why some things don’t convert well. Neither of them have a “per level” component to their effectiveness. The results are the same whether cast by a first level or tenth level mage. That means we can make it device level one, which drastically lowers the various costs.

3) One issue left for the GM to resolve is who loses the 6 SDC involved in creating a Golem. The mage who activates the device? Or could it be the person being transfered?

I understand the house rule used in our game is the spells level is the minimum, so create golem would be 13th.

Another house rule is the caster of the scroll pays the cost. In the case of the golem the logic is the the caster's blood is needed for the golem.
Shark_Force
Palladin

ShadowLogan wrote:ToE&I Scroll may not be possible. ToE&I is a Warlock spell and is not available to non-Warlocks as far as I've been able to determine. Warlock's can not take Wizard Magic ("Under no condition can a Warlock learn any spells other than those provided by his Elemental deity. Warlocks, along with Witches and some clergy, have no knowledge of spell magic nor any other magic, because their powers are given to them through a supernatural force, not learned."-Rifts Conversion Book 1R pg68).

as i already noted earlier, there is a potential method of getting around this provided you can get a god of magic to make a pact with a shifter and grant earth elemental magic spells ;)

(it's possible that one of the other rifts books has some shifter options that would be a bit less of a stretch too, i suppose... i don't see any reason a shifter couldn't theoretically make a pact with a being that has strong elemental ties.)
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The reason I say it is a Power cat is that The Idea Does Not Fit the Term OCC, and once they have transferred to the golem body, they would loose any ability to change their class, stuck as what they are.

Note, not saying they would gain superpowers or any powers; but like with borgs they would loose any and all of their natural abilities.
-------------------------------------------
Another option would to have the class an RCC because they are in essence a new race and once they become a G.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
TechnoGothic
Knight

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:The reason I say it is a Power cat is that The Idea Does Not Fit the Term OCC, and once they have transferred to the golem body, they would loose any ability to change their class, stuck as what they are.

Note, not saying they would gain superpowers or any powers; but like with borgs they would loose any and all of their natural abilities.
-------------------------------------------
Another option would to have the class an RCC because they are in essence a new race and once they become a G.

Well, my idea is to Train the individuals to specifically for the Job of being a Golem Warrior. How to use the scrolls, read the scrolls (or TW devices needed), various combat skills most useful in their role.

Yes, becoming a Golem Warrior is more like a RCC change of course. But one that comes with special training. If you building a 12 ft golem body to use for yourself, cause you want to big ans scarry, you will not need many Piloting Skills will yeah. The OCC training is strictly to prepair the soon-to-golem warrior for his new life in a Golem body.

----------

@ Mack
Great ideas. I like Two devices better. To to Animate the Golem, another to Tranfer into it.

Also, i was coming up with TW device idea to help prepair volenteers is a TW helmet which worn it is linked to another "Helmet" worn by a Golem. When you wear it, it allows to see, hear, and "pilot" a golem up to 500 ft away only. So this is only a teaching aid device (usually). Allowing you to experience the weird senses of a Golem, experience how they move different than your normal body. Learn HtH skills using the golem form better, Wp skills using weapons that may be too large for you to use or able to use normally. If the volenteer is say missing arms, this allows him to practice.
Techno-Wizards have discovered Triax/NGR Technology versions to remote control Robots/Transfer into Robots. It has taken the TWs 10 years to figure out how to make a TW version for Golems but can also be used on normal Non-programmed Robots. However the TW version lacks great range, making this best used as a training tool. TWs are working on making a version with much greater range (not likely). Side-Effect, users of the Helmet become addicted to the Golem/Robot power easily. Bio-Feedback from damage done to the Golem/Robot carries over to the wearer of the helmet. Which is dangerous and could result in death if not careful.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

TechnoGothic
Knight

I'm revisting this idea soon in my current game.
I think I'mm go with the TW devices method for it.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Return to “Rifts®”