New power brewing to take out the CS

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Re: New power brewing to take out the CS

Unread post by jaymz »

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:Now my fun is ruined hope you're happy now

Ok, I'll refrain and only do this if your efforts fail :D

However if you like, I'll give you VF-25's with full armour packs to use instead of VF-2's and Metal Sirens.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

jaymz wrote:

However if you like, I'll give you VF-25's with full armour packs to use instead of VF-2's and Metal Sirens.

Ok hey let's team up
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
jaymz wrote:

Ok hey let's team up

That works, you'll be the first assault wave and if that fails I follow up with waves 2 and 3 :)

Now if that fails I'll bring in the 1000 more Dolza sized fleets that are apparently roaming the galaxy in Macross. :D
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
SamBell
Explorer
Comment: What is grief, if not love preserving?

Unread post by SamBell »

jaymz wrote:I have a few questions........Knarf, who was originally said to be human is now secretly now a Nighbane yet was NEVER found out by a Dog Pack or anyone else while still working within the the CS military? Not only that he joined forces with another human and managed to put together enough resources to create a billion being Private Military Company? Ok I am all for suspension of disbelief but this is well beyond my capability to do so and borderline ludicrously silly.

Why not just say Knarf is the one TRUE god and creator of all and call it a day? That is how ludicrous this whole idea is to me.

EDIT - ON second thought I'll be the one TRUE god and creator of all. For fun I snap my fingers to send the entirety of the Splugorth and all of their multidimensional forces to stop you. As their back up I resurrect Dolza's main fleet from Robotech (5 million huge warships, billions of mecha let alone infantry). Why? Because by and large I like aspects of the CS and you destroying them with your ridiculously powerful PMC will tip the power scale much too much for my tastes thus I feel compelled to stop you and maintain balance on Rifts Earth.

What a poke
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61- Colonel Cambell
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

SamBell wrote:
jaymz wrote:I have a few questions........Knarf, who was originally said to be human is now secretly now a Nighbane yet was NEVER found out by a Dog Pack or anyone else while still working within the the CS military? Not only that he joined forces with another human and managed to put together enough resources to create a billion being Private Military Company? Ok I am all for suspension of disbelief but this is well beyond my capability to do so and borderline ludicrously silly.

Why not just say Knarf is the one TRUE god and creator of all and call it a day? That is how ludicrous this whole idea is to me.

EDIT - ON second thought I'll be the one TRUE god and creator of all. For fun I snap my fingers to send the entirety of the Splugorth and all of their multidimensional forces to stop you. As their back up I resurrect Dolza's main fleet from Robotech (5 million huge warships, billions of mecha let alone infantry). Why? Because by and large I like aspects of the CS and you destroying them with your ridiculously powerful PMC will tip the power scale much too much for my tastes thus I feel compelled to stop you and maintain balance on Rifts Earth.

What a poke

What you expected people to actually take you seriously with your BILLION being PRIVATE military company (which makes TMS in the three galaxies look like a small potatoes outfit) that was started by two lowly humans (oops forgot one was a secret Nightbane) from Rifts earth?

\m/
SamBell
Explorer

Unread post by SamBell »

jaymz wrote:
SamBell wrote:

What a poke

What you expected people to actually take you seriously with your BILLION being PRIVATE military company (which makes TMS in the three galaxies look like a small potatoes outfit) that was started by two lowly humans (oops forgot one was a secret Nightbane) from Rifts earth?

Jeez killjoy, the nightbane thing was a joke.
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61- Colonel Cambell
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Actually the Nightbane thing was the part that seemed the most plausible....depending on the morphus/powers available to them.

\m/
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

SamBell wrote:

What a poke

You should probably try and follow the policy of 'discussing the post and not the poster'.
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
Giant2005
Knight

Unread post by Giant2005 »

Take a look at Sam's post count.
The guy is obviously new.
Now take a step back and consider whether making fun of the new players is a good thing for these boards or for Palladium in general.
Instead of making yourself feel big by picking on the new guy, how about you constructively explain to him why you think his idea sucks instead of using hyperbole to make him look more ridiculous.

@Sambell:
The point is, you are either going to make things much too easy and in an unrealistic manner or you are vastly overestimating the CS.
If you want to take the fight to the CS, make it a fight not a slaughter - keep your army smaller than the CS's, or at the most equal to that of the CS and make your players work for the win. Winning through trial is far more satisfying than a one-sided victory.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Giant2005 wrote:

Now take a step back and consider whether making fun of the new players is a good thing for these boards or for Palladium in general.
Instead of making yourself feel big by picking on the new guy, how about you constructively explain to him why you think his idea sucks instead of using hyperbole to make him look more ridiculous.

@Sambell:
The point is, you are either going to make things much too easy and in an unrealistic manner or you are vastly overestimating the CS.
If you want to take the fight to the CS, make it a fight not a slaughter - keep your army smaller than the CS's, or at the most equal to that of the CS and make your players work for the win. Winning through trial is far more satisfying than a one-sided victory.

1 - the first half of my post asked legitimate questions and i thought was not making fun of the poster aside from my expression of the silliness of it.

2 - the second half which was hyperbole is no more silly than the original idea in teh first place and thus an example as to why this should look silly.

3 - how about we let posters defend themselves if they feel slighted?

\m/
SamBell
Explorer

Unread post by SamBell »

Giant2005 wrote:

@Sambell:

Thanks, also my whole grounds for this idea was just to take out the CS, I suppose I got a bit overzealous with the "billion soldier" count think and making frank a nightbane, believe it or not Frank Knarf used to be a character of mine, and John Strider was my buddy Cody's. And we had a time where we just out right despised the CS as bullies and plain douche bags, but they did start their own PMC, which we JUST estates at about 560,000 soldiers, and about 500-600 special units, including giants, angels (rare), and bunches of other things. But the non MDC creatures, such as humans, elves, dwarves etc. are equipped with a MDC skeleton and one cybernetic arm, (to be able to parry robots and such) and all have a JA-12, vibro sword or axe, and one standard side arm (generally a 1D6 pistol, like a big bore) but thats the whole thing. And the name of the PMC is in fact the Franstrnougphinhïemer (fran-stran-off-en-hymour). Yes I said it. It's a big name to be sure.
Giant2005
Knight

Unread post by Giant2005 »

jaymz wrote:
Giant2005 wrote:

@Sambell:

1 - the first half of my post asked legitimate questions and i thought was not making fun of the poster aside from my expression of the silliness of it.

2 - the second half which was hyperbole is no more silly than the original idea in teh first place and thus an example as to why this should look silly.

3 - how about we let posters defend themselves if they feel slighted?

I apologize, that second half had me a little annoyed and I overlooked the first half. I just think the game needs fresh blood and I'd rather see them nurtured than deterred.
I must say this question piqued my interest:
Knarf, who was originally said to be human is now secretly now a Nighbane yet was NEVER found out by a Dog Pack or anyone else while still working within the the CS military?

Can a Nightbane in it's Facade form be detected?
They do have an inordinate amount of PPE but if it is below 80 and not in use, it shouldn't be detectable but that is something that is inconclusive in my opinion. I'd like to hear some opinions on it (or some conclusive info would be even better).

Either way, the character went awol - it is possible that that occured after he became a NB (Or was the cause of his defection). That isn't for me to say of course.
Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

I'd like my statements addressed rather that just shot down without explanation.

Thank You. :)
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
llywelyn
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by llywelyn »

Dead Boy wrote:
SamBell wrote:They're the brains of the operAtion, they have a PMC, that is over a billion strong, that's consists of a whole bunch of different types of races, even a few angels :)

:lol: ... oh ... :shock: ... you were serious.
:D

More or less my reaction.

Well, as long as you and your friends have fun at the table with the campaign, that's what matters the most.
Exactly, although
Though I do have a question: where's the challenge in it for the player characters, and with a cast of a billion, what part of significance could the players possibly have in the shadow of such an organization?
Spot on. At this level, with that minimal of a start up, most of the adventure probably comes from keeping your employees from assassinating you.

Apart from just +1ing Dead Boy, someone had to point this gentleman towards Rifter 9½ and the article on Gigadamage™. Also, I think that's the issue with the planet made of pure diamond that helps provide some of the backstory here.
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Thank you for your rapid response. I am looking forward to reading more about this group of your. If they ever do create some new design, I hope you will post it here. I know I would try it out.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
SamBell
Explorer

Unread post by SamBell »

Aramanthus wrote:Thank you for your rapid response. I am looking forward to reading more about this group of your. If they ever do create some new design, I hope you will post it here. I know I would try it out.

Wait. The franstranophiheïmer?
Aramanthus
Monk

LOL Sure my group will try it out for a laugh or two.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
SamBell
Explorer

Unread post by SamBell »

Aramanthus wrote:LOL Sure my group will try it out for a laugh or two.

Lol if ya wanna know more ask :)
Aramanthus
Monk

I would love to see this creation posted. Even if you send it as a PM.

HH....FIE
SamBell
Explorer

Unread post by SamBell »

Aramanthus wrote:I would love to see this creation posted. Even if you send it as a PM.

Thanks, also my whole grounds for this idea was just to take out the CS, I suppose I got a bit overzealous with the "billion soldier" count think and making frank a nightbane, believe it or not Frank Knarf used to be a character of mine, and John Strider was my buddy Cody's. And we had a time where we just out right despised the CS as bullies and plain douche bags, but they did start their own PMC, which we JUST estates at about 560,000 soldiers, and about 500-600 special units, including giants, angels (rare), and bunches of other things. But the non MDC creatures, such as humans, elves, dwarves etc. are equipped with a MDC skeleton and one cybernetic arm, (to be able to parry robots and such) and all have a JA-12, vibro sword or axe, and one standard side arm (generally a 1D6 pistol, like a big bore) but thats the whole thing. And the name of the PMC is in fact the Franstrnougphinhïemer (fran-stran-off-en-hymour). Yes I said it. It's a big name to be sure.

No sure if this is what you meant.
Aramanthus
Monk

Thank you for posting it. And thank you for the pm.

HH....FIE
SamBell
Explorer

Unread post by SamBell »

Aramanthus wrote:Thank you for posting it. And thank you for the pm.

Did you plan to use it?
Aramanthus
Monk

I actually could use it. When we get my group back together to game.

HH....FIE
SamBell
Explorer

Unread post by SamBell »

Aramanthus wrote:I actually could use it. When we get my group back together to game.

Lemme know how it goes!! :D
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

i think you are Mary-suing your new Power,it must take time for it to grow to the size it needs to take on the CS like in 120:P.a
Aramanthus
Monk

We if is in 120 PA they could be joined by severl other powers.

HH....FIE

Return to “Rifts®”