What do you think are the best Magic items in Nightbane?

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

What do you think are the best Magic items in Nightbane?

Unread post by gaby »

Tell me what do you think are the Best magic itmes in Nightbane and Why they are the Best?
Vidynn
Adventurer

Re: What do you think are the best Magic items in Nightbane?

Unread post by Vidynn »

I never used any in NB. :bandit:
"My own big mouth causes me trouble too. You see, people are always asking me what 'I want' to do next or have planned for the future. Like an idiot, I blather on about some idea I've been kicking around or I'm dying to do."

- From the desk of Kevin Siembieda, The Rifter 12.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

there are only a few magic items that are presented in NS/NB.
Darkmetal weapons (NB main & Nightlands) and Artifacts (Nightlands) are the two major types of cannon magic stuff

others would include magic mirrors enchanted by a mirror mage, and cyber-mage constructs, and Charms.(all three in TtGD)

The there are astral (NB:BtS), spacial(R4?), and dream-stream(NB:BtS) Domains. These are more places the chars go then things to collect.

Most NB chars can pick up a DM weapon from the battle field they find them left standing over.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

Honestly I think the best magic weapons are the ones that the hounds use. They are plentiful, easy to find, and all you have to do to get one is find a hound or be found by hounds and then pry one from their bloodied, dead corpse. Better yet, if the kill was made without decapitation the body parts are still good for cyber magic for about 5 minutes! As I would always tell a cyber mage adventuring buddy, "Hey, get hacking we're on the clock." :lol:

At least I think the body would still be good for cyber magic. Does the hound have to be alive as in breathing and kicking around when you saw off the arm or can he be near permanent death and still have good body parts? :shock:
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:
Colt47
Champion

Unread post by Colt47 »

Well I mean the damage from a nightbane is usually pretty freaking high anyway so there isn't much need for a magic weapon, except for the fact the magic weapon doesn't risk breaking when the wielder does massive damage with it.

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

I like custom Creating Artifacts, Though I blend the Artifact tables with the Rifts and PF rune weapons tables since Artifacts are NB's Rune weapons.

I also like Making Magic weapons out of the darkmetal blades. It does say that they inherently carry a magic about them and so I can see an Alchemist or some other form of Magic Artificer liking them for the creation of Magic weapons.
Colt47
Champion

Unread post by Colt47 »

Anyone know if it is possible to make bullets out of the black metal? Would be kind of neat honestly.

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Colt47 wrote:Anyone know if it is possible to make bullets out of the black metal? Would be kind of neat honestly.

Yes.

No, they don't.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

Colt47 wrote:Anyone know if it is possible to make bullets out of the black metal? Would be kind of neat honestly.

Theoretically it should be possible but that would be up to the GM, Canon-wise its never mentioned.
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

In our game we used a theme of tracking down cursed items that the Night Lords had been sending to earth to help corrupt mankind since the dark ages. It played out allot like the Old Friday the 13th TV series, but with allot less happy endings lol!
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
MurderCityDisciple
Adventurer
Location: Formerly:Detroit, Michigan (West Side) Now in Dearborn: Which has 98.7% less arson.

Unread post by MurderCityDisciple »

runebeo wrote:In our game we used a theme of tracking down cursed items that the Night Lords had been sending to earth to help corrupt mankind since the dark ages. It played out allot like the Old Friday the 13th TV series, but with allot less happy endings lol!

Great Idea!!! Offically now stolen. :D
“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.” - Anton LaVey

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire

"The die is cast." - Julius Caesar [Ultimate Powergamer]
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

runebeo wrote:In our game we used a theme of tracking down cursed items that the Night Lords had been sending to earth to help corrupt mankind since the dark ages. It played out allot like the Old Friday the 13th TV series, but with allot less happy endings lol!

That sounds like an exceptionally dismal game since there weren't really any happy endings in the TV series.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Living chariots (ok so theyre not artifacts but sod it, theyre cool).
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited

Return to “Nightbane®”