So about ressarection/necromancy

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SamBell
Explorer
Comment: What is grief, if not love preserving?

So about ressarection/necromancy

Unread post by SamBell »

If someone only has their head, and it's been dead for say, a few days, can they be ressed?
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61- Colonel Cambell
Giant2005
Knight

Re: So about ressarection/necromancy

Unread post by Giant2005 »

SamBell wrote:If someone only has their head, and it's been dead for say, a few days, can they be ressed?

they can but their body won't magically reappear.
They will just be a living head for about 2 seconds and then die again.
abel799
D-Bee

Unread post by abel799 »

Giant2005 wrote:
SamBell wrote:If someone only has their head, and it's been dead for say, a few days, can they be ressed?

any way to keep them alive .... kinda killed our cyber-knight
SamBell
Explorer

Unread post by SamBell »

Giant2005 wrote:

Can they be like a necrocyborg thingy? From one of those rifter books?
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61- Colonel Cambell
Giant2005
Knight

I don't know what a Necrocyborg is but if you managed to get a body into a livable state before a resurrection is attempted, it will survive.
If you took the brain from that head and put it in a Cyborg body, it would live.
An extremely good surgeon might even be able to get away with a brain transplant.
abel799
D-Bee

Unread post by abel799 »

Giant2005 wrote:I don't know what a Necrocyborg is but if you managed to get a body into a livable state before a resurrection is attempted, it will survive.
If you took the brain from that head and put it in a Cyborg body, it would live.
An extremely good surgeon might even be able to get away with a brain transplant.

wait would the head have to be resurrected first ? for the cyborg option that is.
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Really depends on the magic, some powerful ones might work, particularly in combination. One restores the brain to life the next attaches the head to a suitable ready body.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Depends upon the type of spell.

Most forms of life-restoring magic will only revive what what you have there -which means that the body has to at least be whole enough to survive on its own.

A tiny, tiny handful of life-restoring magics -and off the top of my head I think that they're unique spells known only to a tiny handful of the most powerful Gods of Light -also perform restoration at the same time, and can revive a dead person if the party only has a pinky finger to go on.

Also, you could try to get Set to feed you that potion of his and all your bases are covered no matter how you die (at the cost of your sanity though).

There's always that. ;)
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

I let the Restoration spell regenerate missing body parts, so after resurrecting the head, casting Restoration would recreate the body.

Don't know if there's a canon way of doing it, though.

--flatline
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Godly resurrection can restore the whole body and bring the person back to life.
If a God brings you back from such a state, there must be a good reason. A Destiny of some kind maybe.
This method is found in Dragon and Gods book. Also check out Pantheons of the Megaverse.

Of course you just have the character show back up. He does not remember anything after his "death", and "woke" up walking on his way back to the group. Noone is sure how he was brought back to life, or Why.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Faceless Dude
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: The Devil on your Shoulder

Unread post by Faceless Dude »

You could approach someone like Dr. Bradford or a Gene Splicer to make a cloned body from the existing materiel and then Resurrect it
Not Misunderstood, Just Evil
Mallak's Place
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mallak's Place »

Ley-Line Restoration followed by Resurrection should work.
Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

There is also a spell of Legend in Rifter #55 that will restore them entirely so long as it has not been more than two weeks?

And then... there are the Almana (Rifts World Book 30: D-Bee's of North America). :)

:D
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
abel799
D-Bee

Unread post by abel799 »

amana would be a great idea .... except they require atleast 70% of the body to be left
Akashic Soldier
Knight

abel799 wrote:amana would be a great idea .... except they require atleast 70% of the body to be left

What... uh... happened to the rest of him? :shock:

Could you go back and get it?

Technically unless they reduced him to his P.E. below zero HP there should be enough of him to put back together. :lol:
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
Nightmask
Palladin

Akashic Soldier wrote:
abel799 wrote:amana would be a great idea .... except they require atleast 70% of the body to be left

Technically unless they reduced him to his P.E. below zero HP there should be enough of him to put back together. :lol:

At least one GM on here stated his house rule was you lost a percentage of mass equal to your lost SDC/HP or MDC, no matter how illogical that actually is. So if you're killed on the game you'd be unrecoverable because you'd have nothing left (and leaves you wondering how someone with 90% of his body gone was still getting around doing anything, makes you think of some computer games where a 10,000 HP creature can be reduced to 1 HP and still dealing full power attacks and no penalties).
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Mallak's Place wrote:Ley-Line Restoration followed by Resurrection should work.
The various Restoration spells, in my opinion, strongly imply that the body in question has to be still alive.

Especially those Restoration Spells that impart a permanent cost to the recipient and/or the caster.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
abel799
D-Bee

Unread post by abel799 »

Akashic Soldier wrote:

Well 4 high explosive mini missiles seem to do quite a bit to an unarmored human :-D

The dude shouldn't even have a head left but for some reason the gm gave him a chance (2%) and now we are searching for some way to bring him back
Nightmask
Palladin

abel799 wrote:
Akashic Soldier wrote:

Well 4 high explosive mini missiles seem to do quite a bit to an unarmored human :-D

The dude shouldn't even have a head left but for some reason the gm gave him a chance (2%) and now we are searching for some way to bring him back

It was something of a running gag in Schlock Mercenary where one character ended up reduced to just a head quite often. But they have the nanotech to regrow an entire body and he'd had his head and brain so reinforced you'd just about have to hit it with anti-matter to kill him.

Akashic Soldier
Knight

abel799 wrote:
Akashic Soldier wrote:

Attach the head to a full range of cybernetic organs and THEN resurrect it. He will be useless but its affordable and maybe once he is just a head and a bunch of mechanical organs you can talk to him and figure out a lasting solution. You don't need a cyborg chassis just a vat or something you can float the organs in. In theory once he is alive you could then use an Almana (this is so unlikely) to slowly grow back each part of him until he is whole again.
SamBell
Explorer

Unread post by SamBell »

Akashic Soldier wrote:
abel799 wrote:
Akashic Soldier wrote:

Attach the head to a full range of cybernetic organs and THEN resurrect it. He will be useless but its affordable and maybe once he is just a head and a bunch of mechanical organs you can talk to him and figure out a lasting solution. You don't need a cyborg chassis just a vat or something you can float the organs in. In theory once he is alive you could then use an Almana (this is so unlikely) to slowly grow back each part of him until he is whole again.

Luckily we have an AMANA pc.
Akashic Soldier
Knight

SamBell wrote:Luckily we have an AMANA pc.

Then I guess you can SLOWLY bring him back might it runs a serious risk to the D-Bee and it will require you guys a year or two of doing nothing while you fix him. But if you do, that's dedication to a friend -- especially if you guys have a Juicer in your team!

Works for the D-Bee though I guess, each time he regenerates a different part of him he gets like a minimum of 10 XP! :lol:
SamBell
Explorer

Unread post by SamBell »

Akashic Soldier wrote:
SamBell wrote:Luckily we have an AMANA pc.

Then I guess you can SLOWLY bring him back might it runs a serious risk to the D-Bee and it will require you guys a year or two of doing nothing while you fix him. But if you do, that's dedication to a friend!

Especially if you guys have a Juicer in your team. :lol:

The 'dead' fellow was a cyber knight who had a run-in with a very clever/evil operator. Long-ass story lol.
Akashic Soldier
Knight

SamBell wrote:The 'dead' fellow was a cyber knight who had a run-in with a very clever/evil operator. Long-ass story lol.

Now he is a Cyber Knight who has walked beyond the shores of Caesary and returned. One might wonder if it really is at all possible of truly bringing back the dead, or after seeing all the things he would have seen in that hellish place--is your friend already gone forever?
SamBell
Explorer

Unread post by SamBell »

Akashic Soldier wrote:
SamBell wrote:The 'dead' fellow was a cyber knight who had a run-in with a very clever/evil operator. Long-ass story lol.

Now he is a Cyber Knight who has walked beyond the shores of Caesary and returned. One might wonder if it really is at all possible of truly bringing back the dead, or after seeing all the things he would have seen in that hellish place--is your friend already gone forever?

The operator was also a pc. And what they had in mind was have him com back as a evil cyborg, hell bent on revenge.
Akashic Soldier
Knight

SamBell wrote:The operator was also a pc. And what they had in mind was have him com back as a evil cyborg, hell bent on revenge.

You have Players fighting Players?
Giant2005
Knight

SamBell wrote:
Akashic Soldier wrote:

The operator was also a pc. And what they had in mind was have him com back as a evil cyborg, hell bent on revenge.

A Cyborg Cyber-Knight would be badass! Good luck to that Operator.
SamBell
Explorer

Unread post by SamBell »

Akashic Soldier wrote:
SamBell wrote:The operator was also a pc. And what they had in mind was have him com back as a evil cyborg, hell bent on revenge.

You have Players fighting Players?

Well you get that occasionally. What with contrasting alignments, or beliefs, or personalities. Its inevitable sometimes.
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Yeah I know I just don't like it. Just a personal thing I have. It's my one guilty bias.
SamBell
Explorer

Unread post by SamBell »

Akashic Soldier wrote:Yeah I know I just don't like it. Just a personal thing I have. It's my one guilty bias.

I wasn't the gm either. I was playing a dog boy (pitbull) named bill.
Akashic Soldier
Knight

SamBell wrote:I wasn't the gm either. I was playing a dog boy (pitbull) named bill.

Does Bill have an issue with the predigest his breed suffers for being violent when its been established that fighting dogs are no more aggressive than any other type of dog and that more Labradors attack and maul humans each year than pitbulls?
SamBell
Explorer

Unread post by SamBell »

Akashic Soldier wrote:
SamBell wrote:I wasn't the gm either. I was playing a dog boy (pitbull) named bill.

Does Bill have an issue with the predigest his breed suffers for being violent when its been established that fighting dogs are no more aggressive than any other type of dog and that more Labradors attack and maul humans each year than pitbulls?

Nah. Bill has an IQ of 6 lol. Bill don't give a shi*.
Akashic Soldier
Knight

SamBell wrote:Nah. Bill has an IQ of 6 lol. Bill don't give a shi*.

*looks at the audience with the deflating toot of a thrumpet*

:lol:
SamBell
Explorer

Unread post by SamBell »

Akashic Soldier wrote:
SamBell wrote:Nah. Bill has an IQ of 6 lol. Bill don't give a shi*.

*looks at the audience with the deflating toot of a thrumpet*

:lol:

HA!
Akashic Soldier
Knight

SamBell wrote:HA!

:ok:
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

IIRC there's a device in the first triax/ngr book that can keep a head alive for a few hours. I remember playing a triax medic and had to use it on a team member so he could get the cyborg treatment afterwards.

Return to “Rifts®”