Rifts®: Between Disaster and Atrocity

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

What do you think so far? (Poll Subject to Change)

Great
59%
Good
14%
Gawd Awful
27%

Total votes: 22

calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Jack Chriax: RPA Pilot, Killing Machine, Samuel Jackson Impersonator?

Re: Rifts®: Between Disaster and Atrocity

Unread post by calto40k »

Wait til you hear the new voice
Member of the Modern Cabal of 24

The stupid it burns it burns us preciouses

We are Legion and we will be heard
calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador

Have a reason I'll be playing him hopefully soon again but I have become very used to playing gunfighter types going to use this guy as a way to build a character as well

GenThunderfist
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by GenThunderfist »

Roe2121 wrote:Gen isn't doing that neither and he is the one which really needs to be in there

Although I would prefer not to, and hopefully Akashic can come up with something I can do and accomplish, so I don't have to sit out for half (or worse a whole) game session. I really hate making one shot characters, because I feel like I put a lot of time and work into them just for them to be gone after a single session.

However! If worse comes to worse, like Akashic said, then I might just have to play a one-shot so that I can still feel like I'm contributing...I hope not, I really hope the hospital doesn't take to long, or if it does there are some intriguing bits for me to take part in...maybe I can have an out of body experience rifts style and help you guys by haunting you or something :lol:

In other news, I'm almost leveled up!!! Just about 400 more xp...sooo close
Shoot or Die, it's the name of the game.

Oh kids these days, with their texting and murder...
GenThunderfist
Dungeon Crawler

Are Cup and the Professor gone for good? Or is this just how they were explained away for the session?

Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Attention Players: Poster Art

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

Please PM me (or e-mail me) a detailed physical description of each of your characters. Early August Mike Mumah will be beginning production on the Between Disaster & Atrocity poster that I will then have produced and sent to each of you.
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
Giant2005
Knight

Re: Attention Players: Poster Art

Unread post by Giant2005 »

Akashic Soldier wrote:Please PM me (or e-mail me) a detailed physical description of each of your characters. Early August Mike Mumah will be beginning production on the Between Disaster & Atrocity poster that I will then have produced and sent to each of you.

How detailed do you need?
Is the physical description in my character sheet not good enough?
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Giant2005 wrote:
Akashic Soldier wrote:Please PM me (or e-mail me) a detailed physical description of each of your characters. Early August Mike Mumah will be beginning production on the Between Disaster & Atrocity poster that I will then have produced and sent to each of you.

That should be enough unless there is a specific shirt you want him to be wearing or a minor detail you want exaggerated--body language, etc.
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
Giant2005
Knight

Akashic Soldier wrote:
Giant2005 wrote:

That should be enough unless there is a specific shirt you want him to be wearing or a minor detail you want exaggerated--body language, etc.

For clothing I imagined a pair of brace and bib style overalls with a T-Shirt underneath that has some kind of decal advertising some pointless product of the Rifts Universe.
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Giant2005 wrote:For clothing I imagined a pair of brace and bib style overalls with a T-Shirt underneath that has some kind of decal advertising some pointless product of the Rifts Universe.

Youve got a couple of weeks to think of the ultimate "pointless" rifts product. Something funny I imagine as it seems Dale is the party's comedy relief. lol
calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador

ok so harrison wears a chocolate brown stetson with a teal hatband and a chocolate brown duster with black fringed chaps over chocolate brown suit pants and a teal western style dress shirt
his boots are teal, purple, and dark blue snakeskin just like his gun rig and belt
if he is in his armor the armor is black and teal ng maverick riding armor
with the chocolate brown hat and duster and his rig and boots
harrison is 5'10" 150lbs and lean muscled hes a wiry looking hombre
long black hair with blue and purple streaks in it kinda like an industrial metal cowboy from hell lol his belt buckle says CFH
skin color is like a nice medium tan more so texan red neck looking and has a prominent lack of a nose. I figure in the picture he should be holding 1 raging bull revolver and 1 of the wilks backup pistols or tipping his hat and holding the raging bull in the other hand

calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador

Akashic Soldier wrote:
Giant2005 wrote:For clothing I imagined a pair of brace and bib style overalls with a T-Shirt underneath that has some kind of decal advertising some pointless product of the Rifts Universe.

Youve got a couple of weeks to think of the ultimate "pointless" rifts product. Something funny I imagine as it seems Dale is the party's comedy relief. lol

NG Fleshlight shirt would be suitable for dale mwuahahahahahaha

Akashic Soldier
Knight

Time Complications!

Okay, I have gotten a lot of requests for a change of time and a lot of resistance for a change of time and it seems like no matter what happens I am going to lose players so I would just like everyone to know that I am TRYING to make everything work out. Furthermore, there will NOT be a game this weekend. I have been too busy with work to have everything prepared. Though I will stay on skype at the regular time encase anyone walks to chat or ask questions.

Things to keep in Mind
1. Ptolemy is in a hospital benefiting from Healthcare Fraud and could be bed ridden for the better half of a year unless action is taken.
2. Rachel knows that their benefactors are in actuality B.A.N.D. operatives and that she is also B.A.N.D. but should they learn she is a former operative or her identity they will attempt to silence her.
3. The Gnot on Harrison's leg which he has named "Woodrow"can count, sing like a Mogwai from Gremlins, is growing... and can only be surgically removed after having a remove curse spell cast on it before hand.
4. Yumiko's mentor Dolon is missing and was last seen "going to Harrow to meet with an old colleges apprentice."
5. None of you have vehicles or any form of permanent income or residence. Except Yumiko who can travel 45 minutes out of town to stay with her parents.
6. Both Professor Bastardstrome and Cup were seduced by invisible faeries and lured into the Harrow Wyld Lands (the forest).
7. The Tolkinites are rioting more frequently and crime is on the rise so Lazlo is beefing up their security.
calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador

I know where Dolan is and Harrison will be probably gimp his way back to his bike if need be

GenThunderfist
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Time Complications!

Akashic Soldier wrote:Okay, I have gotten a lot of requests for a change of time and a lot of resistance for a change of time and it seems like no matter what happens I am going to lose players so I would just like everyone to know that I am TRYING to make everything work out. Furthermore, there will NOT be a game this weekend. I have been too busy with work to have everything prepared. Though I will stay on skype at the regular time encase anyone walks to chat or ask questions.

Things to keep in Mind
1. Ptolemy is in a hospital benefiting from Healthcare Fraud and could be bed ridden for the better half of a year unless action is taken.
2. Rachel knows that their benefactors are in actuality B.A.N.D. operatives and that she is also B.A.N.D. but should they learn she is a former operative or her identity they will attempt to silence her.
3. The Gnot on Harrison's leg which he has named "Woodrow"can count, sing like a Mogwai from Gremlins, is growing... and can only be surgically removed after having a remove curse spell cast on it before hand.
4. Yumiko's mentor Dolon is missing and was last seen "going to Harrow to meet with an old colleges apprentice."
5. None of you have vehicles or any form of permanent income or residence. Except Yumiko who can travel 45 minutes out of town to stay with her parents.
6. Both Professor Bastardstrome and Cup were seduced by invisible faeries and lured into the Harrow Wyld Lands (the forest).
7. The Tolkinites are rioting more frequently and crime is on the rise so Lazlo is beefing up their security.

Darn, I was really look forward to a game too...oh well. And sorry guys, that means you won't get to hear Gregor's (Ptolemy's) story for a bit, and I miss out on experience...possibly. Akashic I'm going to need to PM you one more time, again, sorry for bothering you so much this week.

GenThunderfist
Dungeon Crawler

On another note, and I was gong to suggest this in game, but since there isn't a game this weekend it's probably best to suggest this now and give everyone time to think on it. I think our characters, as a group, need to come to some sort of consensus about the groups goals and what we need to accomplish. Each of our characters have individual goals and dreams-I'm sure, but so far we have been flying by the seat of our pants.

Not to bash on how the game has gone, but if we had just set up priorities and gotten to know our goals as a group better, I think we could have dealt with Willy (maybe) and we would be sipping healing potions on the beach right about now...and I *might* have had my arm still, considering my armor wouldn't have been weakened in the combat nearly as bad...

none-the-less, our characters need to sit down and figure out a list of what we want to do, how it will help contribute to the party and such, then prioritize and mobilize. Not everyone's wishlist will necessarily get fulfilled I'm sure, but at this point I feel as a player (and my character will have similar sentiments) that what is best for the group will be best for our characters. So if going back to deal with Willy is best, and that gets in the way of a personal goal, then so be it.

I hope this makes sense...if not just go ahead and give your opinion-I'm open to suggestions. This week off gives us plenty of time to decide our next move.

Oh! and I wouldn't mind if our next move was finding a Mystic...or some other healer ;) ... just sayin' :lol:

GenThunderfist
Dungeon Crawler

Roe2121 wrote:
GenThunderfist wrote:On another note, and I was gong to suggest this in game, but since there isn't a game this weekend it's probably best to suggest this now and give everyone time to think on it. I think our characters, as a group, need to come to some sort of consensus about the groups goals and what we need to accomplish. Each of our characters have individual goals and dreams-I'm sure, but so far we have been flying by the seat of our pants.

Not to bash on how the game has gone, but if we had just set up priorities and gotten to know our goals as a group better, I think we could have dealt with Willy (maybe) and we would be sipping healing potions on the beach right about now...and I *might* have had my arm still, considering my armor wouldn't have been weakened in the combat nearly as bad...

none-the-less, our characters need to sit down and figure out a list of what we want to do, how it will help contribute to the party and such, then prioritize and mobilize. Not everyone's wishlist will necessarily get fulfilled I'm sure, but at this point I feel as a player (and my character will have similar sentiments) that what is best for the group will be best for our characters. So if going back to deal with Willy is best, and that gets in the way of a personal goal, then so be it.

I hope this makes sense...if not just go ahead and give your opinion-I'm open to suggestions. This week off gives us plenty of time to decide our next move.

Oh! and I wouldn't mind if our next move was finding a Mystic...or some other healer ;) ... just sayin' :lol:

well i have a feeling that we will still need to bring this up ingame but yes a group consensus on what we want to do as a whole would be great... also bout the healing potions wasnt it ptolemy who decided to blow up the "drug" lab which brought about the whole mess :lol: not bagging ya out mate it was hilarous and a pretty good situation to deal with afterall i did kill the lemurian princess :shock: :oops: but yea you could of possibly had your arm still... to put everything in perspective my character is fairly well shy but is warming up to ptolemy and rachel in the party. on the healing side of thing i have a feeling since yumi has no first aid or medical skill i would have to roll unskilled on iq or something to work out that a psychic or magic healer is needed to speed the healing up... however metagaming wise she comes from a family of psychics and if i recall two of her siblings are psychic healers so if you suggested anything on that part she would try to help out.

As for personal goals she needs to get to her master Dolan so she can officially complete her training as a ley line walker.

Yeah, I can admit to my mistake on that part. I think if the whole party was there it might have gone smoother, but I saw it as a chance for redemption from the whole breakout scene where my character ended up catatonic. It turned into a bloodbath...oops :oops:

As for personal goals, the major one is to get his arm fixed up and back on the road. He also has a passion for helping people in need and for setting things right in the world...try to bring a bit of light to the dark world, you know, basic heroing...also, he wants to be redeemed from his past, which he will tell you about next session.
Finally, he wants to learn more about magic and such in order to become a better fighter, using invocation magic to augment his abilities. He can't learn most invocation magic, but he wants to know what he can. He has always been a bit of a student type, and enjoys that feeling of learning new skills.

On a side note, I learned I can't get TW Cybernetics/Bionics from Akashic...and getting them is a new goal, using the thought process of "If I have to have one, I might as well get something really useful". However this is more (much much much more) of a player goal for his character and not a character goal. But I wanted to throw that out there. :lol:

GenThunderfist
Dungeon Crawler

This is more of a unrelated post but,

I just wanted to say that even though it's only been a couple sessions I'm having a great time gaming with you all. I never have really got to play in a group more than around 3 strong, every now and then being only a couple players consistently. It was crazy at first for me, but it's been a good time, thanks for including me! Can't wait for the next session! :lol:

GenThunderfist
Dungeon Crawler

Roe2121 wrote:yea. only real thing i can think of right now in terms of spellcasting is to prove those asshats in lazlo that they were wrong when they said that she couldnt learn magic :lol: Also i wonder what happened to that blue otter that harrison was having a staring contest with.

My guess is that it either got scooped up by the couple of lumerians that were still alive, or it become a blood splatter during our antics...or the little fiasco with Willy...either way...pretty sure it is non-living now

Giant2005
Knight

GenThunderfist wrote:On another note, and I was gong to suggest this in game, but since there isn't a game this weekend it's probably best to suggest this now and give everyone time to think on it. I think our characters, as a group, need to come to some sort of consensus about the groups goals and what we need to accomplish. Each of our characters have individual goals and dreams-I'm sure, but so far we have been flying by the seat of our pants.

Dale doesn't have any real goals in life. All he wants is to be alive and to be respected.
He just isn't quite sure what respect is exactly - to him saving a town of innocents would be just as rewarding as finding a nice job as a Janitor for someone really important.
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Jack Ryder wrote:Hey, I'm Cup. First post here, so it's only fitting for me to say I LOVE RIFTS! And Liam dude, you sure know how to make a game intriguing, scary, dark, mind bending, and most of all totally fun. I knows your busy but I can't wait to get back into it

I'm glad to see they finally accepted your account on the board. :ok:
And thank you for the complement. As I think I have said before I started Rifts because I love the setting and I swore to myself that I would run the Game the way that I'd always wanted another GM to run the game. Fair, not to easy, no favoritism, no pet NPC's and respectful of the setting. My only caveat is that Between Disaster & Atrocity is supposed to be a dark story of espionage and otherworldly evil. Each of your characters (knowingly or otherwise) have strong political ties and have been thrust together in a dark cacophony of twists and turns. As always with my games, even Dale the janitor is more than he seems.

Giant2005 wrote:Dale doesn't have any real goals in life. All he wants is to be alive and to be respected.

He just isn't quite sure what respect is exactly - to him saving a town of innocents would be just as rewarding as finding a nice job as a Janitor for someone really important.

Dale, you were contracted to that farm house by a small janitorial company in Lazlo. Just thought you might like to know that encase you would like to collect any compensation for damages. Also, you will find that the Tolkeenites have taken all the good jobs and most of the bad ones and getting work now is next to impossible and its worse for him because he is slow.
Akashic Soldier
Knight

hardnox2k wrote:Hey all! Dropped by to say I'm loving the story so far and hope to see more of it in the future! In fact, I'm hoping to be part of the story! But I'd like to post some possible pcs and let the group as a whole decide which would be the best fit. 1) Aviane SkyKnight (WB30) OR 2) Human Sea Inquisitor (WB7) Hope to hear from you soon!

I think I've already stated that this is my preference is the Sea Inquisitor. I can do a lot of really cool stuff with him to reveal more of the plot. :D

Down, down, down you go
No way to stop
As you fall, hear me call
No, no, no
Listen to this warning, and
Consider these
Simple words of advice
Stop, stop, stop...

Fogging the view, cupping face to the window
In darkness you make out a spiralling shape
Putting all reason aside you exchange
What you got for a thing that's hypnotic and strange

The spiralling shape will make you go insane
(Everyone wants to see that thing)
But everyone wants to see that thing

And nobody knows what it's really like
But everyone says it's great
And they heard it from the spiral in their eyes...

This could lead to excellence
Or serious injury
Only one way to know
Go, go, go
Go ahead, wreck your life
That might be good
Who can say what's wrong or right?
Nobody can...

Put out your hands and you fall through the window
And clawing at nothing you drop through the void
Your terrified screams are inaudible drowned
In the spiral ahead and consumed in the shape

And now that you've tried it, you're back to report
That the spiralling shape was a fraud and a fake
You didn't enjoy it, you never believed it
There won't be a refund, you'll never go back

And nobody knows what it's really like
But everyone says it's great...
And they heard it from the spiral in their eyes
(Spiral in their eyes)

Fogging the view, cupping face to the window
In darkness you make out a spiralling shape
Putting all reason aside you exchange
What you got for a thing that's hypnotic and strange

Don't spend the rest of your life wondering

:twisted:
calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador

Harrison has some plans for the next adventure.. just wondering group consensus how much time have we let pass while sitting in lazlo looking for jobs. personally i would be cool with a couple of weeks to a month. also we need to go raid that farm i want my bike back and we could probably loot a lot of stuff from there. Also I Chris know where dolan is harrison has no clue and just wants his bike back

calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador

just saw the cost of my new knife i could sell that for my remove curse or continue using it tough choice

Giant2005
Knight

calto40k wrote:just saw the cost of my new knife i could sell that for my remove curse or continue using it tough choice

Damn, I was going to try to buy that off you. Don't think you will let that happen now :P.
calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador

lol i m still planning on keeping it we just need to get back to the farm and the basement and i mean fast we left sooooooo much stuff down there and my &*(&^%%##@ bike is still there

Giant2005
Knight

calto40k wrote:lol i m still planning on keeping it we just need to get back to the farm and the basement and i mean fast we left sooooooo much stuff down there and my &*(&^%%##@ bike is still there

It would take us weeks to walk back there...
calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador

well then I guess I'm going back on my own we are missing cup and the lunatic and Harrison is already ticked off we left them behind when he started to be able to think clearly again

Giant2005
Knight

Man you really want that hovercycle...
That possessed Klepto guy was going to give you one, you should have just taken that.
Akashic Soldier
Knight

You could always pawn the the Mercurial Blade to the University of Magic. :)
GenThunderfist
Dungeon Crawler

I think it's important to go back too. But I don't want to go for any of the stuff (not saying I won't take any, just that's not my priority). The main reason I want to go back is I want to storm the farmhouse and hopefully we can clear up this problem with Willy before anything worse happens than what already has. We missed an opportunity to kill him once, we probably shouldn't wait for that Spell of Legend to be complete before we get around to killing him.

calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador

Giant2005 wrote:Man you really want that hovercycle...
That possessed Klepto guy was going to give you one, you should have just taken that.

would have taken it but if i remember correctly members of the group stated since my leg was injured i couldnt ride it despite you know a hovercycle has hand controls like a motorcycle anyway its still the fact of the matter we left others behind and also have a mystical enemy trying to bring hell on earth that we need to stop

Giant2005
Knight

I'm sure someone in Lazlo might want to take care of Willie for us if we mention the whole slaughtering a town, poisoning a ley line and intending to call the legions of Xy to his aid when the stars next align, thing.
Giant2005
Knight

He already mentioned the slaughtered town and army of Xy and the stars aligning parts but he didn't mention the poisoned Ley Line thing because he doesn't know enough about them to know it was poisoned and if he somehow did know, he doesn't know enough about Ley Lines to care that it was poisoned.
calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador

that's why we as the players need to take care of it and not chalk it up to npc intervention

calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador

does yumiko have any anti magic spells like dispel or antimagic cloud? if so we have this scarecrow freak beat

calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador

also uranium rounds would be a good idea too they stop magical regeneration

calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador

if only we had a level 5 warlock with blue flame

calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador

so is willy a mk scarecrow or a fire warlock scarecrow?

calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador

true trying to figure out a way to negate his immunity to fire. if he's a burster i m going to make a cuban door boat and float to australia to smack the crap out of akashic since a scarecrow can't be a burster

calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador

wondering if fire bolt would work? also we could just tear him to shreds and separate the pieces

Giant2005
Knight

I know what he is through meta gaming (Dale obviously has no clue) but I will say this, we aint killing him without GM intervention.
Akashic Soldier
Knight

calto40k wrote:true trying to figure out a way to negate his immunity to fire. if he's a burster i m going to make a cuban door boat and float to australia to smack the crap out of akashic since a scarecrow can't be a burster

They can be any psychic O.C.C. :P
GenThunderfist
Dungeon Crawler

Gegor can hurt and presumably kill Willy. No clue why.

Sorry posting from a phone...it sucks

GenThunderfist
Dungeon Crawler

ok, on a computer.

Anyway, I think that Willy can only be hurt by Rune/Magic attacks and/or weapons. I hurt him when I hit him with the Katana, I just never got around to telling you guys I think. I'm pretty sure he is either resistant/immune to all forms of physical damage, which if I remember correctly was all you guys really did to him. But I hit him with one attack from my greater rune weapon and he was cursing me to hell because I actually hurt him. He was just as shocked as I was, so it's possible that he didn't even really know of this weakness he has to magic and/or rune weapons. With that in mind. I can cast blade magic on weapons, which will only last for a couple melee rounds, but it's better than nothing. Plus we have that Mecury Blade that Harrison has, and the Rune weapon I have....idk about anything else we really got going for us.

Akashic Soldier
Knight

Summary: Session #2 (Part I)

I ran out of time but I will finish this later and make sure its up to date and complete by Wednesday at the latest.

Previously on Rifts! wrote:
The Sword of Storms is raised. Coals spill from the manikin’s chest and is extinguish on the cobblestone floor. Bursting forth! Discordant chaos claims Bartholomew. Thrashing! Thrashing! Thrashing! Then gone! The rods rupture and the Mind Over Matter system leaks cerebral radiator fluid into the hungry mouths of the chirping Ganka seedlings! The manikin flees… a quake from the thunderous boom from the lonely blade and its fearsome new master!
Outside chaos tears at the earth with all the veracity of fuming shadows. The swordsman emerges from the dank cellar but is forced back on his heel in disbelief and horror. The manakin smiles back at him as it gorges itself on the life-giving cerulean fluids from the fleshlight. Then with a crackling of green-black energy it reaches up and seizes hold of face and dry heaves. And again! And again! Then tears! Tears its jaw and chest open like old hessian bag and from the throbbing wet cavity it comes. Sliding slowly out like a slick wet piece of fleecies and tumbling helplessly to the barn floor. It looks up at the swordsman as he regains his conviction. A child—a D-Bee but still just a child!
The swordsman hesitates and the scarecrow smiles as it gently places its hands on the shoulders of the trembling young child and its patchwork steampunk body stiches itself back together. The cold wet child stands and bows its head as the sinister scarecrow-witch predates the fears of the Swordsman and backs away slowly back towards the sea of chaos writhing beyond the perimeters of the barn. Regaining his composure the Swordsman dashes forward! The Scarecrow snaps its fingers and vanishes into a cloud of writhing darkness!

The Swordsman adjusts his stance and accesses the imposing magic a-work about his sinister captor but cannot identify it. The bedlam anthem howls and jeers as it swallows the darkness. The Swordsman readies the blade and dashes forward… the illusion is shattered! Though even in the security that such visages hold no power over him the aversion of their likenesses is still enough to slow his advance. Piercing the veil the darkness weaves and bobs, almost capering, across the farm yard and into the house. The Swordsman follows but cautiously and then loses the darkness behind the farm door. Instead of perusing the cloud he falls back and hides as he tries to locate his fellow prisoners.
There! The obvious tracks leading away from the farm and the bovine carnage are sure signs they are alive. The sudden stutter of old motor cycles break his concentration and foil any further tracking attempt at two of the lunatic scarecrows Currupt minions kick up a small dust cloud as they rocket out of an old tin shed and zoom past the Swordsman. They make it half way up the road before they notice him. With a sound like a misfiring engine one calls out to the other and they double back. The Swordsman chants an invocation and gives his dagger an edge that can sheer through steel! He runs! The dirt bikes wiz back down the road in formation!
Meanwhile up the road within the safety of the forest The Professor pulls over and informs his passengers that they have to get out as he has an important appointment. Hearing the roar of the engines in the distance the Ninja vanishes into the foliage as the Cowboy, the Archer and Janitor get out of the vehicle and quibble with one another.
The Professor gets out of the vehicle, seats himself in the driver’s seat of another imaginary vehicle and potters off down the road and takes a sharp turn into the woods vanishing from sight. Before anyone can speak The Drunk slips out of the car window and capers off after him.

Confused, the Cowboy, the Archer, the Janitor and the Ninja sit a moment in quandary trying to make sense of the situation.

Spoiler:
Both Cup and the Professor were approached by beautiful tiny women with gossamer wings and enchanted by their fae charms. They were guided by these tiny (and invisible to everyone else) creatures to an inner sanctum within the forest ruled over by a trinity of Shroom Boglins. They were then fed fairy foods and convinced to protect their little glade from the darksome menaces that have recently been stalking their forest.

Oddly, since their arrival in the glade there have been no attacks. Even the troublesome Woodrow brother’s had been oddly silent. As if something else had drawn their attention away from the Fairy Hollow…
calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador

ok so who is who i know roe is yumiko so i think i had giant and gen confused on their characters so game plan for next week if gregor is and yumiko are down to go back with harrison we can kill the tree rapists on the way back and then kick the living excrement out of willy and get the stuff that we forgot save dolan and loot the hell out of the basement and everywhere else

GenThunderfist
Dungeon Crawler

Well I am Gregor, in case that was still unclear - not being a poke purposefully if that's what it sounds like.

Anyway. I'm cool with going, and if I don't have to spend all my money on a cybernetic with Dale pitching in, then I currently have around 23k but most likley it will be around 10k or so after my arm. Plus I am still in the hospital and won't be going anywhere unless yo uguys get me all healed up!

calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador

I have some strange ideas that might work if we can get you a new arm or some kind of stub covering lol

Akashic Soldier
Knight

Recovery Time Announcement 1: Lazlo Care Facilities

Roe2121 wrote:its not the stub that will take a while to replace its his sdc and hp. unless we get a healer he is staying put...

Recovery Rate (R:UE, pg. 354):
2 HP for the first two days and 4 HP for every day thereafter then 6 SDC per day.

And Ptolemy/Gregor was on 1 Hit Point because he was knocked down from three by Rachel quartering his wound. So that is...

11 days (to recover all his Hit Points)
9 days (to recover all his SDC)
Total Recovery Time: 20 days.

Lets get into the the price of hospital care.

It costs 900 credits per day of hospital care at Tristan Base Hospital. Zimon promises to cover the first week so that will leave you with a bill of 11,700 credits after 20 days. After nine days in Tristan Base Hospital Ptolemy/Gregor will be able to be moved to a cheaper (or more expensive) medical facility as you so wish.

The cheapest LEGAL care facility is Landsdale Public Care Facility which charges 500 credits per day while the most expensive is The Pegasus Institute of General Health which charges 1,500 credits per day but will ensure complete privacy of its clientele.

Until he has made a full recovery (Hit Points & S.D.C.) no professional Cyber Doctor will perform an operation on him. Which means, without magical assistance it will take at bare minimum 20 days before Ptolemy/Gregor can go under the knife. The surgery itself will cost 2,500 credits in addition to the cost for the prosthetic itself (bare minimum of 24,000 credits) for a grand total of 26,500 credits.

Attaching the cybernetic limb is simple (when compared to bionics--page 65 of the Bionics Source Book) and will only take a few hours of surgery and one day of bed rest in the hospital for good measure and to ensure it is completely functional.

Cybernetic Healthcare in Lazlo

LANDSDALE PUBLIC CARE FACILITY
Bed: 500 credits per day.
Practicing Cyber-Doctor: "Sparky" [Dog Boy (Bloodhound); 3rd level Cyber Doctor]
Per Surgery: 1,700 credits

TRISTAN BASE HOSPITAL
Bed: 900 credits per day.
Practicing Cyber-Doctor: Eliot Droverman [Human; 4th level Cyber Doctor]
Per Surgery: 2,500 credits

THE PEGASUS INSTITUTE OF GENERAL HEALTH
Bed: 1,500 credits per day.
Practicing Cyber Doctor: Lucas Miller [Auto-G (Human); 5th level Mystic/3rd level Cyber Doctor]
Per Surgery: 5,000 credits

Note: These are not the only Cyber Doctors in Lazlo. They are just the only surgeons with extensive experience with human patients. Players may opt to find a Chop-Shop as normal if they so desire. Success indicates they will find the following institutions:

HAPPY ROBOT DISCOUNT BIONICS "YOU'D HAVE TO BE CRAZY NOT TO!"
Bed: 10 credits per day.
Practicing Cyber Doctor: Doctor Smiley [Human; 10th level Whack-Job Scientist]
Per Surgery: 150 credits
**All Cybernetics/Bionics HALF price and no handling or installation fees on M.O.M. conversion!**

MAGIC MAN'S MAGICAL EMPORIUM OF MECHANICAL MYSTERY
Bed: 60 credits per day.
Practicing Cyber Doctor: Twindle Knifefingers [Fingertooth Carpetbagger; 1st level Cyber Doctor]
Per Surgery: 750 credits

BLOCK'S CHINESE RESTAURANT "NOW WITH 40% REAL CHINESE!"
Bed: 40 credits per day.
Practicing Cyber Doctor: Block [Ogre; 2nd level Mercenary/3rd level Cyber Doctor]
Per Surgery: 500 credits

KREMIN COST-DOWNER
Bed: 7,500 credits per day.
Practicing Cyber Doctor: No Names. No Questions. No Complications. [Kremin Cyborg; 9th level Cyber Doctor]
Per Surgery: 10,250 credits

If players want additional information they will be required to gather it in game through the normal means. The game will pick up on the sixth day of Ptolemy/Gregor's hospital care with the group gathering to to discus their financial options. If a player cannot attend it is assumed that they are not there. In the case of Yumiko she will be attempting to track down her brother "Gar" the City Rat or spending time with her family. In the case of Cup or the Professor it will be assumed they are still off with the faeries. No pun intended. Okay, maybe a little. If they are present we will assume that Cup or the Professor were able to shirk their responsibilities and escape from their unseelie masters.

Here is a short video that I thought might inspire players, enjoy. :)
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Just For Laughs!

Hey Guys!
I am using my spriting skillz to make "avatars" for everyone's character's for when we use Roll20.net.

CUP was done like a flash but giving him his stick and a bottle of wine proved to be really difficult because of the raggy brown clothes he was wearing. It was difficult to ID the staff but I am pretty confident I fixed it.
DALE took me 48 minutes to stick together with the broom being the hardest part. I gave him a little janitorial outfit (including a hat to cover up his bald spot) but I couldn't find a way to make him flat without distorting the entire sprite.
GREGOR was where I think I have really hit my stride. Very proud of this one.
HARRISON took me an hour because I tried to do him quick drawing and duel firing but no matter how I came at it I couldnt design a 12 or less pixel firearm that looked convincing from the front in contrast to rawhide leathers. Then I decided I was going to have him bare chested and make him super ripped on the abs and that took ages too.
PROFESSOR was a cinch! Mindwerks forever.
RENZO took a bit of work, might need to fix the hair a bit later.
RACHEL duel-wielding Tech-Ninja extraordinaire.
YUMIKO only took like 13 minutes. She was easy as. Which was a surprise because I thought her hat would be a real pain but it was remarkably easy. I got cocky and forgot her glasses. I have now added them, plus... LEMURIAN BLUE SEA OTTER!

Advocate of Xy this one is a rehash from the video game I was making but never got around to finishing. I figure it is nice and pretty for the Corrupt Minions of Willy Wykl.
Last edited by Akashic Soldier on Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:55 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Return to “Rifts®”