Rifts®: Between Disaster and Atrocity

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

What do you think so far? (Poll Subject to Change)

Great
59%
Good
14%
Gawd Awful
27%

Total votes: 22

Giant2005
Knight

Re: Rifts®: Between Disaster and Atrocity

Unread post by Giant2005 »

Thats some cool stuff :) but really top down view is the best way if you are capable of it, so we can tell which direction we are facing.
Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

Giant2005 wrote:Thats some cool stuff :) but really top down view is the best way if you are capable of it, so we can tell which direction we are facing.

Yeah but I am not that good :P

I was going to work off "the direction your feet are pointing is the direction you are facing."
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
GenThunderfist
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by GenThunderfist »

I am in love with my 8 bit character. I have always had a special place in my heart for sprite work :p . I put him on my character sheet.

As a note guys, if you take me to a chop shop I will do my best to kill all of you :lol: I kidd of course, but seriously, no chop shop, if Dale is willing to pay for the arm, my money should be able to take me to the Pegasus Institute for a day or two so I can get the surgery.
Shoot or Die, it's the name of the game.

Oh kids these days, with their texting and murder...
calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Jack Chriax: RPA Pilot, Killing Machine, Samuel Jackson Impersonator?

Unread post by calto40k »

oh by the gods I'm wanted by the guild of magic and avoid happy robot discount bionics at all costs
Member of the Modern Cabal of 24

The stupid it burns it burns us preciouses

We are Legion and we will be heard
calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador

what soi we don't get to violate yumiko with the sword of one million tentacles this week damn

calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador

she was born?

Akashic Soldier
Knight

Rifts®: Between Disaster and Atrocity Update

To complicate things EVEN further Dale isn't going to be there (until later) so when everyone regroups at the "prearranged time" he isn't going to show up and neither is Yumiko. Which means you guys are in trouble. Ptolemy/Gregor needs cash for more hospital care and thanks to some careless midweek role play Harrison has managed to **** in the pool of the University of Magic and Lazlo's Law Enforcement agency, earning himself his very own wanted poster. :P

By the way Harrison has earned an additional 145 experience points.
6 hours and 30 minutes until game launch!
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador

yeah well that also earned him level 2 and the ability to read

Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

Easiest way to deal with him is teleport him to space and have a K-sat demonstrate the power of the sun via point blank nuclear blast.

That or have a TW cannon powered by PPE drawn from song and dance and trick the sneaky burster into participating in a dance off.
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:
GenThunderfist
Dungeon Crawler

Roe2121 wrote:
calto40k wrote:what soi we don't get to violate yumiko with the sword of one million tentacles this week damn

:roll: :badbad: no doing that to her.... what did she do to deserve all you guys being like that :cry:

:shock: Whoa! What did I do to get lumped in with the rappy rape crowd?

Is rape breaking forum rules?

Akashic Soldier
Knight

Rifts®: Between Disaster and Atrocity Announcement

2 hours until game launch.
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Re: Rifts®: Between Disaster and Atrocity Announcement

45 hours until game launch.
Giant2005
Knight

45 Hours?
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Giant2005 wrote:45 Hours?

Meant to say minutes. That is what happens when you have nine players talking at you while youre trying to set up a PC and answer all their questions and get into the right frame of mind to actually run the game. :lol:

In other news here is a picture of Dolon Awnshiegh

Update coming momentarily.
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Rifts®: Between Disaster and Atrocity Update

Rifts®: Between Disaster and Atrocity
S01E01: Oubliette
S01E02: Dilemma of the Fisher Kings
S01E03: Payment and Price

In the beginning the power Ley Lines flowed delivering rich ambient life where it was needed. Though it was not long at all before the first Doctors saw this power and realized that through a form of arcane bloodletting they could wield it for themselves. These men of wisdom were the first Masters of Mystic arts and the founders of the mysterious city of Atlantis. These enigmatic Scions of Legacy wove their power into words and pacts and promises and shielded it in secrets so only men like they; men of wisdom and men of learning, might know their mysteries. Yes, they were but the first of men; of the seed of Adarhmu, to know these secrets but there were others. Creatures old and nameless with dark and unfathomable powers. Smiling from behind their graceful-wicked masks the nameless ones came and with them they brought gifts. Promises of Power, the path way between disaster and atrocity, the enlightened way. The Wizened drank deep of their power. They knew her limitless reaches and became privy to understandings their mortal minds were not evolved enough to ever truly grasp... and as fishers at the sea without oar or sail... they were lost.

And so Atlantis sank beneath dimensional tides. Her spirit wounded. Her victories twisted. Her promises broken. Cursed to remain forever; a reminder to those who walk between the ways, between the rifts, between disaster and atrocity... to know thy self and thy path and beware the price of power and the beautiful simplicity of that which is found beyond the grace-wicked mask.

Long ago, but not so long as the afore... another of man's most ancient enemies rose up and with a wave of its gnarled hand unleashed an ineffable disaster upon all of Japan. Without mercy or compassion it thrust its talons deep into the heart of the land and spread its influence through the minds of the wise like a poison. Made feeble by their vice, the unenlightened quaked and yet still rose to fight! To be great once again! But their hands were stayed by greed and their blades drawn only in envy. Blind honor and unwavering dedication to a corrupt tradition had knotted their convictions and stifled their course. Their cause and their people were lost to fear. And so... with the last of their mercy they took their prince and laid him upon a stone alter and with ancient Atlantean words and the power of the Devil's Triangle they sent him away. Their last hope for light in a world entrenched and entangled by shadow and treachery.

The drums sound and the sea stirs and boils and madness takes it claim on the mind of those who seek it. Answers become questions and denials truth. Shadows permeate each sword-fall, darkening the loss of each mounting life on foreign soil just as it once had in Japan. Spreading like a poison into the hearts and minds of those seeking simplicity and ease. Twisting those whose darksome wills call for peace of mind or steady their hand in the name of necessary evil. From behind the veil they smile. From beyond the world they chortle. Their dreams blurring the lines between nightmare and reality, defining the boundaries between disaster and atrocity and made ever more clear by those who walk their path and pave their roads. They're coming back. They're stirring; beneath the sea, between the worlds and within.

Previously... in Rifts!

The Gnot Knot sings a beautiful and tragic song as it flops and flumps about the bloody tray. Harrison pays the Doctor and leaves. The growth squeals and trembles with rage, its milky white eyes rolling madly into the back of its head... but it is unheard. The Doctor returns to the creature and turns on his Wilk's laser scalpel to calve away a sample for study. He cannot help himself. He has never seen a Gnot Knot quite like this before... psis and purulent... His operating mask almost stops its invasion of his body, almost, but it was faster than he thought... that it could move at all defies everything he knows. He gasps for air and staggers towards emergency alarm as the singing cist borrows throbbing maggot-like whips into his face and forces itself down his throat. He stands terrified with his hand on the alarm. He wants to pull it. But then he knows he will die. He knows he cannot remove it. He does not want to die. The Doctor closes his mouth as the slick wet growth squirms into the back of his throat and begins nesting. The Doctor closes his eyes a moment and sees a gun in his hand. He looks up and sees a man. He fires without thinking about it. Its just a job. Its the only way. The Doctor sees a woman come. He tries to stay. He tries to stay because its incomplete. But he runs. The Doctor opens his eyes again and slumps back into his chair and licks the remaining blood and residue from the surgery off the tray. "The gunman is doing it wrong" he thinks. "How can he help him see that he does not need reasons... that he can do or have whatever he likes?"

The Doctor picks up the scalpel and opens his fingers and lightly sucks the blood from it. "How indeed?"

Last game session we inadvertently explored a lot of the darker parts of each of your characters and learned their vices. Although the game was rather uneventful from a plot-driven perspective it went to incredible lengths to show that none of you are perfect. Each of you are struggling with each of your own inner demons and that is the sort of thing that builds character.

Cup finds it difficult to tolerate the flaws of others and when faced with them drowns himself in drink to escape.
Gregor is abrasive, controlling and confrontational when agitated.
Harrison would kill rather than struggle or be forced to endure poverty.
Lorenzo puts his best of intentions before truth.
The Professor is insane and does not believe in such a thing as "evil."
Rachel struggles with fear and paranoia.

Although I did not think so at first and at parts it was mildly frustrating me as Game Master (because for three game sessions I had tried to give you all an excuse to work together). Now I see that it was a good thing. Especially for character growth. I had always intended for R:BD&A to be a massive test of character for each of you. To explore the depths to which you would sink to accomplish that which you most desire and what prices you felt were acceptable and that is exactly what is going on here.

Right now life is not fair to you. You have an enemy with mounting power, an evil cult and dark magics beyond your ken... and yet you have taken the first step to making allies and standing against the man/creature who wronged you. Though where will this journey into the heart of darkness take you? Deeper still into your own vice or is there a hope of emerging untainted?

I guess we'll have to wait to find out.

EXPERIENCE POINTS

Body Count

Cup

Dale
(Missing)

Harrison

Professor

Ptolemy

Rachel

Renzo

Yumiko
(Missing)
Nursahburen
Wanderer
Comment: i have DIM MAK.

Unread post by Nursahburen »

How can I join this game when does it run and how?
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Nursahburen wrote:How can I join this game when does it run and how?

It starts from 7:00pm AEST time on Saturdays (I don't think there will be a game this coming weekend but there may).

All you need is a Skype account (its free if you are unfamiliar with it) and microphone. Remember, since you are in Canada and I am in Australia there is a good chance that my Saturday night is your Friday. You will have to work out the time difference.

Might I ask what it is specifically you are interested in playing?

I am only looking for players who can commit to regular play. As you can tell from the last post group politics are currently a bit of a mess and the only thing binding them together is their mutual hatred (unfortunately).
Nursahburen
Wanderer
Comment: i have DIM MAK.

Unread post by Nursahburen »

Rifts your game was recommended to me by Giant (who plays in my group on Saturday nights) thank you any of your rifts games that are open look great (IF THERE IS MORE THAN ONE)
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Nursahburen wrote:Rifts your game was recommended to me by Giant (who plays in my group on Saturday nights) thank you any of your rifts games that are open look great (IF THERE IS MORE THAN ONE)

Let me know what you want to play. :)

I have hidden five clues that will assist the troop in their conquest against the forces of chaos. Think of it like a bit of an Easter Egg hunt.

Clue Locations
#1: It is neither a photo album or a book and yet in its own way it still is.
#2: Find the man who gave the Ramones shirt to the Dirai Ecto-Man
#3: Unless you know, you cannot win.
#4: The forum that encompasses everything.
#5: A world plagued by chaos.

I will give 100 to each clue located and correctly deciphered. ;)
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Aussiegrif wrote:Player Clue #5: "The Forest Has Eyes"

Possible meaning: Willy can see everything which happens in the forest for some reason so there is almost no chance of us being able to ambush or surprise him on the attack as the forest surrounds the farm house completely. This will cause a problem because if he knows we are coming he can either leave; whittle us down with cursed animals and creatures in the forest and/or prepare and set up traps for us. We need to be prepared for all of these possibilities.

Correct! (For the most part). I'll give it to you anyways. ;)

+100 experience points for Rachel.
GenThunderfist
Dungeon Crawler

AkashicSoldier wrote:Player Clue #3: Things you need to know if you are going to avoid ending up carbonized ash beneath the Wicker Man's feet.

The oldest fire in the universe burns brighter than the power of the Wicker

The only thing I can think of is that, first of all, there is only one way to kill Willy, and that is with fire. He is a Burster, that much we know, which means that he is immune to regular fire and we cannot burn him. The oldest fire would seem to me we would need, hell, the only thing I know of for sure is that Fire Warlocks have that Eternal Flame spell that is supposed to last for a long time. However that is still fire.

My other idea would be the molten core of Rifts earth and that we have to throw him into lava LotR style, haha. It's not technically fire, and I would rule that Lava could kill a Burster since it's not only the heat that is doing the killing, also even if he lived, he's in the molten hellhole of the center of earth, what else could he do?

Might be wrong, but it was a good shot...

Akashic Soldier
Knight

Any Complaints?

Hey Guys,
I had this conversation earlier with Yumiko's player.

AKASHIC SOLDIER: "You have to have some faith in your abilities or you will never improve. You have an entire team of people at your disposal each one exceptional in their own way! All Willy has is immortality, Harrison's son (E. Jack Hewlett), some weak demons and inhuman monsters and a 40 foot wall of fire and some witchy invocations. That is it. That should be child's play."

ROE: Entire team of people who will not listen to a plan and will most likely end up doing what they want to do im sorry but we are ******. also it doesnt matter how weak the demons what matters is the numbers as far as i know we have no one who can do crowd control as in large area of effect abilities.. and we are up against something which is immortal if it wasnt for the fact that i enjoy the game i would say i ******* quit...

Does anyone else feel that their situation is hopeless and victory is impossible?
calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador

well for clue 3 i m thinking its either the sun, a supervolcano, or the warlock blue flame spell
also if we are talking about the ectoman from the book thats a misfits shirt not a ramones shirt

Akashic Soldier
Knight

calto40k wrote:well for clue 3 i m thinking its either the sun, a supervolcano, or the warlock blue flame spell
also if we are talking about the ectoman from the book thats a misfits shirt not a ramones shirt

Its a misfits shirt. You may use a powerdrill on my brain if you like. That was an epic fail on my behalf. Just like saying universe when I should have said solar system. :lol:
calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador

so it is the sun mwuahahahahahaha and i ll try to figure out the misfits shirt thing as well

calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador

also for clue 1 why do i get the feeling its a flash drive

calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Any Complaints?

Akashic Soldier wrote:Hey Guys,
I had this conversation earlier with Yumiko's player.

AKASHIC SOLDIER: "You have to have some faith in your abilities or you will never improve. You have an entire team of people at your disposal each one exceptional in their own way! All Willy has is immortality, Harrison's son (E. Jack Hewlett), some weak demons and inhuman monsters and a 40 foot wall of fire and some witchy invocations. That is it. That should be child's play."

ROE: Entire team of people who will not listen to a plan and will most likely end up doing what they want to do im sorry but we are ******. also it doesnt matter how weak the demons what matters is the numbers as far as i know we have no one who can do crowd control as in large area of effect abilities.. and we are up against something which is immortal if it wasnt for the fact that i enjoy the game i would say i ******* quit...

Does anyone else feel that their situation is hopeless and victory is impossible?

uhm lets see anyone can lay down some crowd control with an automatic weapon. We can do this

Akashic Soldier
Knight

calto40k wrote:We can do this

:ok:

With enough ammo Harrison is bad ass enough that he should be able to clear the forest with relative ease. The only thing that are going to give him any trouble will be a few dino's, the Wardens and maybe some of the Fae. Its just ammunition is expensive.
GenThunderfist
Dungeon Crawler

Aussiegrif wrote:
Akashic Soldier wrote:

With enough ammo Harrison is bad ass enough that he should be able to clear the forest with relative ease. The only thing that are going to give him any trouble will be a few dino's, the Wardens and maybe some of the Fae. Its just ammunition is expensive.

Ammunition is expensive but so are funerals :P

In Rifts? Nah, funerals are for those who didn't get atomized, and if they didn't get atomized then they can still get 'borg systems hopefully. Or get resurrected (maybe...probably not).

But, we can do this, it may be tough for sure, and we might get beat senseless for a bit,l but we can win. We have a lot of people with plenty of power...I think we can manage. It will just take some clever tactics, and a little bit of luck - like all Rifts.

DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

...and brains.
Anyone pushes the "Big shiney CANDY like red button" though, deserves the Balrogs hoof up their [censored for public viewing]. :thwak:

NEVER push the red button unless you really really really have to.

9 times out of 10 it is the GM getting ready to TPK your mook hienies (re; "IT's A TRAP!" :nuke: ) if you're stupid enough to do so...ORRRRR he expects the crew to read the instruction manual. :demon:

Be that as it may, in THIS instance? Hail Mary, lock & load, damn the torpedo's and LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRROY JENkins the damn things.
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
GenThunderfist
Dungeon Crawler

Roe2121 wrote:
GenThunderfist wrote:
Aussiegrif wrote:
Akashic Soldier wrote:

Ammunition is expensive but so are funerals :P

In Rifts? Nah, funerals are for those who didn't get atomized, and if they didn't get atomized then they can still get 'borg systems hopefully. Or get resurrected (maybe...probably not).

But, we can do this, it may be tough for sure, and we might get beat senseless for a bit,l but we can win. We have a lot of people with plenty of power...I think we can manage. It will just take some clever tactics, and a little bit of luck - like all Rifts.

yea i have been thinking since last night... i was a bit in a dull and dark mood then.... however i will bring up my plan in game with actual roleplay btw we still need a vehicle to put stuff in perspective :)

Well, we could either pool our money, or steal something from some bad people. Stealing is within all our alignments I think, and although it's a bad thing, as long as we do our best to return it, and since in the end it is for the greater good, I think we can do it without breaking alignment to much...but it would have to be big enough to be worth it, but small enough to not get caught...

GenThunderfist
Dungeon Crawler

Right, but I happen to know that there are plenty of seedy areas that could use some clearing out...like the one Harrison just used to make a quick 3k...if I learn about it my new cause might just have to be to go burn them to go bring them to justice and take a car or something with me on the way out...

or like I said, we could all just pool our money and get something.

GenThunderfist
Dungeon Crawler

Right, and it cleans up the town. The good, selfish, and evil (none right?) aligned characters could finally work towards a common goal in one instance. Transportation. Sure, my scrupulous character defines it as cleaning up the streets and stealing out of strict necessity with the intent to return it. The Selfish characters say that stealing makes it fair and square theirs, and then evil characters just get to have fun killing and taking loot. Even though the intents are different the goals are the same, meaning we could work together on this one.

I think it's a good plan, and this way we lose minimal amounts of money.

Giant2005
Knight

GenThunderfist wrote:Stealing is within all our alignments I think, and although it's a bad thing, as long as we do our best to return it, and since in the end it is for the greater good, I think we can do it without breaking alignment to much...but it would have to be big enough to be worth it, but small enough to not get caught...

I think you may have forgotten how Dale reacted after you all helped yourselves to the possessions of the survivors from that town you obliterated - he thought it seemed wiser to stay behind than go with you guys. He was even reconsidering whether or not Willie was actually the bad man he thought he was after witnessing the crime-spree that Willie's former captives were comfortable going on.

In short, Dale isn't a huge fan of assholery and stealing constitutes assholdery :D .
Giant2005
Knight

Roe2121 wrote:
GenThunderfist wrote:Right, but I happen to know that there are plenty of seedy areas that could use some clearing out...like the one Harrison just used to make a quick 3k...if I learn about it my new cause might just have to be to go burn them to go bring them to justice and take a car or something with me on the way out...

or like I said, we could all just pool our money and get something.

the thing is we have quite a few characters now... 8 or so i think.... so thats van or two cars ><... but yea seedy areas could be useful but thats as a player talking :lol:

You can get a nice bus for 30k if it is gas powered or 90k for nuclear.
It only has 70 MDC though, so I am pretty sure it would be destroyed within a few hours of purchase - maybe we could get it some armor.
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Giant2005 wrote:You can get a nice bus for 30k if it is gas powered or 90k for nuclear.
It only has 70 MDC though, so I am pretty sure it would be destroyed within a few hours of purchase - maybe we could get it some armor.

A souped-up armored bus eh? Doesn't get much more post apocalyptic than that.

You can do a song and dance and pair it in with a retro 70's montage where you fix it up and then Willy's handmaidens can rip it apart and puck you out like Sardines so that Harrisons seed can skull **** your limp wet corpses.

Its hopeless. Youre all going to die. Might as well just give up and let him reawaken the slumbering Old One. He has a 40ft wall of fire and scantly clad cultists. You can't win.

:P
Last edited by Akashic Soldier on Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
GenThunderfist
Dungeon Crawler

Well a 70 MDC bus really isn't meant to go out and get into fights in. I had a jeep once with like 30 MDC maybe. I got out around a quarter of a mile or so, used camoflauge to hide it, and then walked the rest of the way to my fight. It wasn't that bad really. I mean, we have forest on all sides, the only problem would be the things in that forest, but if we hide it well enough, it shouldn't be that much of a problem.

And Dale doesn't have to know where we get the bus. Some members of the group could potentially lie to him, I probably can't since he seems to be of the good alignment, but I could turn a blind eye for the good of the cause. Dale is pretty stupid, he might be prone to believe his...well I guess friends might be a little strong, but companions, we just don't let him see us taking vehicles and keep him occupied or something. His IQ is like 6 right?

Akashic Soldier
Knight

GenThunderfist wrote:Well a 70 MDC bus really isn't meant to go out and get into fights in. I had a jeep once with like 30 MDC maybe. I got out around a quarter of a mile or so, used camoflauge to hide it, and then walked the rest of the way to my fight. It wasn't that bad really. I mean, we have forest on all sides, the only problem would be the things in that forest, but if we hide it well enough, it shouldn't be that much of a problem.

The psychic impulse in the back of your mind has a better idea. Take that energy pistol. Place it in your mouth and blow a hole in your brain. Its way better than dealing with whatever horrors are going to be back at the farm house. But first you should shoot your sleeping friends in the face. They're brave but they have no idea what terrible things are there. At least that way it would be quick and painless and their immortal soul may find peace. Shoot your friends in the face as they sleep... then kill yourself.
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Roe2121 wrote:Wait is this suicidal impulse before or after yumi and dale rejoin with the group :lol:

Things like that don't matter. All that does matter is that everyone in Lazlo is a magician or a psychic and you are a joke. You aren't even a real spellcaster. You're just some patchwork doll using some sort of special needs magic. You're quiet and meek and geeky and no man will ever love you. You're parents sure as hell don't. They cry over Gar running away to live on the streets of Lazlo but you've never seen them shed a tear for you. Not once. If Dale wasn't here you could hang yourself but he keeps looking at you. Reminding you of how inadequate and unattractive you are compared to all the other girls you went to school with. Maybe if you killed him... a solid blow to the back of the head with that jewelry box could do it... maybe if you were quick and quiet you could get him out of the way and throw together a makeshift noose and be done with it. Then they'd all be sorry. Then they'd notice you.
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Roe2121 wrote:I would never do that to Dale :P

He's a pervert and simple. He's got it worse than you. He'd probably be better off dead.
GenThunderfist
Dungeon Crawler

No, Gregor has enough sins that he needs to atone for, he isn't about to start indiscriminately blasting what are possibly his only friends left in the world. He knows where he stands, and he knows that the plan will work in the end. Worse comes to worse, he died for a noble cause. :p

Colt47
Champion

Unread post by Colt47 »

Okay, want to know a good way to stop a cult? Get 200+ bottles of hard liquor, bring the van over with gusto and heavy party music, and get the cultists as drunk as humanly possible! Why? Because there is no way they are going to make that once in a lifetime summoning ritual happen if the guy trying to conduct the ritual has a congregation of drunken metal rockers... unless he's attempting to summon Bizzaro-Thor...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Akashic Soldier
Knight

Colt47 wrote:Okay, want to know a good way to stop a cult? Get 200+ bottles of hard liquor, bring the van over with gusto and heavy party music, and get the cultists as drunk as humanly possible! Why? Because there is no way they are going to make that once in a lifetime summoning ritual happen if the guy trying to conduct the ritual has a congregation of drunken metal rockers... unless he's attempting to summon Bizzaro-Thor...

*For more information on Willy's cultist followers see The Corrupt O.C.C. in Federation of Magic. :)
Colt47
Champion

Unread post by Colt47 »

Akashic Soldier wrote:
Colt47 wrote:Okay, want to know a good way to stop a cult? Get 200+ bottles of hard liquor, bring the van over with gusto and heavy party music, and get the cultists as drunk as humanly possible! Why? Because there is no way they are going to make that once in a lifetime summoning ritual happen if the guy trying to conduct the ritual has a congregation of drunken metal rockers... unless he's attempting to summon Bizzaro-Thor...

*For more information on Willy's cultist followers see The Corrupt O.C.C. in Federation of Magic. :)

So instead of human metal rocker anarchists, it's a bunch of Mega-damage demon metal rocker anarchists! Let the good times roll! :demon:

*Note: remember goats! Those guys need something to tear into while they are drunk off the atmosphere. Also remember the mantra "MURDERTHON!" :P

By the way, this is probably the most dangerous counter party plan option since the ritual is likely being conducted on a leyline or nexus during an equinox or solstice. I'd get a good escape plan ready when the miniature inland Bermuda Triangle starts going haywire from the excessive PPE not being siphoned for spell casting.
Last edited by Colt47 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Giant2005
Knight

Akashic Soldier wrote:Its hopeless. Youre all going to die. Might as well just give up and let him reawaken the slumbering Old One. He has a 40ft wall of fire and scantly clad cultists. You can't win.

Good point.
With that in mind I think we should pool our money and spend it all on hookers and blow - screw the bus.
GenThunderfist
Dungeon Crawler

Giant2005 wrote:
Akashic Soldier wrote:Its hopeless. Youre all going to die. Might as well just give up and let him reawaken the slumbering Old One. He has a 40ft wall of fire and scantly clad cultists. You can't win.

Good point.
With that in mind I think we should pool our money and spend it all on hookers and blow - screw the bus.

Does Dale know what to do with hookers and blow? Or is he just going to creepily watch Yumiko again?

DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Akashic Soldier
Knight

DhAkael wrote:-ahem-
two decicreds worth :demon:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/38710069/5817.jpg

I want them to use the thread to "huddle" and plan and think for themselves. I never put a victory condition in the game. Its up to my players to make one and decide what "victory" means to them. Or to give into the darkness and be swallowed up by the midnight horrors that lurk beyond the periphery of their dreaming.

The formula for my games runs something like this...

[THING THAT WILL SCREW YOU OR IS SCREWING YOU] + [PLAYERS] = ???

There is an over arcing storyline that that looks something like this...

[PEOPLE DOING THINGS THAT YOU NEVER PAY ATTENTION TO SO I DON'T TELL YOU] + [PLAYERS] = :frazz: or [GAME'S END]

:D
GenThunderfist
Dungeon Crawler

As much as I don't want to go to the farmhouse, nor do I think we have near enough firepower, we have to. The other option is to wait until all hell breaks loose, and by then it is far to late to be worrying about it. We have to stop this now...in actuality, we should have stopped this before the Incident at Harrow, but it's to late for that.

Basically we have to do this before it becomes "to little, to late." We know that at least Gregor can hurt Willy. Maybe not kill, but pain is a nice deterrent for now. My thought, is that if worse comes to worse, we decapitate him, dismember him, pile them all together, tie them up, and run them through with the Katana of the Storm until we figure out how to kill him. This should cause constant pain and injury so he can't form. Then we just bury him...or hang onto him, so that we can deal with him properly when we figure it out.

Getting to him is the hard part. But we already have a solid plan to getting there, heck, we could even make do with SDC vehicles. We just need to get there. We have enough fire power for now...give or take.

I kinda wish the Faries still thought that Cup and the Prof were champions of the forest...we probably could have used that. They might actually, I hate to say it, but I was reading up on some other Rifts stuff when that exchange was going on.

If the Lumerians were still around we probably could have used them too, assuming we had left on good terms...but that's not going to happen.

Our best plan would be to see if we couldn't amass some small group of people to help us, however I think we have more than worn those options thin...so that really leaves us and a few vehicles. So that makes the new plan a little more than a suicidal run at the farmhouse.

First of all, we will most likely have to ignore the animals of the forest and some of the corrupt. If we spend to long fighting off the minions we will have nothing left for Willy. We will have to gun it once we hit Harrow. Until then, it should be a moderate ride. Should be doesn't mean it will be, but hopefully we can make it to Harrow mostly unmolested. Once we get to Harrow we will all have to floor it straight for the Farmhouse, we can't stop for anything or I am almost certain we will get attacked by the enemies that are lying in wait just beyond the edge of the Road.

He will know we are coming. Either his minions will see us, or they will hear us. There isn't much stopping that, unless Chameleon (Or Invisibility preferably) and Globe of Silence (I know there is a silence spell, can't remember it right now) are cast on our vehicles...and even then it's a stretch.

There are 3 main buildings that I remember. The Barn. The House. and the Garage. The Garage has demon babies in it, and will probably have a few corrupt. The barn most likely will have some corrupt guards and possibly some sacrifices, as well as equip we can raid later for some cash to recoup after this mission. The House is one of the main concerns in this raid. We have 9 people (hoping that all of us will be there). I think we should split pretty evenly between men at arms and adventuers.

The reason for the two teams is to cover the Garage and House equally. The Garage team needs to clear the garage, find anything of immediate use, and then storm the main house through the back in order to provide the necessary support that the House team will need in the fight with Willy. The House team will storm through the front, in order to preoccupy Willy so the other team has time to clear out his support.

The Barn, although a possible danger is a non-issue for this plan. Although it may house reinforcements and innocents, it will be useless to topple and spread our team that far apart when the main threat is elsewhere. We can take care of it immediately after and save whoever, if anyone, is trapped like we were.

Now, as for the teams, I propose that Gregor - the only one we know can hurt Willy - be in the House team (Team 1). Along with him I was thinking maybe Lorenzo because he is immune to magic.

Garage Team (Team 2) should probably consist of Rachael, (I am assuming here) I think the farmhouse is two stories, after clearing the Garage she can get up stairs and fight/come down for a good surprise, if not, she is fast enough that she needs the room that fighting outside will allow her to have. Also Harrison should be in this team as well. He can actually assault the Garage and be able to keep an eye on the Barn as well, seeing as he is ranged. Backing up Harrison should be the Juicer (can't remember name right now) he has some good guns, the two ranged assualting the Garage from afar and keeping an eye on the barn for the duration of the Garage Phase.

This leaves Cup, The Prof, Yumiko, and Dale. If I am thinking of Yumiko's powers right, I think she would be best suited in Team 1. She can provide us with a little Armor of Ithan as well as a few other helpful supportive and damaging spells. The problem is that she uses a bow to use the spells...but I think it might be able to work...if she has either Blinding Flash, Cloud of Smoke, or something like that, that would be wonderful. We can pick up some infrared goggles or multioptics bands for the team. Dale should accompany team 1 I think as well. His feedback and shell abilities will really help in the first wave of assault and I think he might be able to withstand the attack - is he level 2 and have any control over his powers yet...that would be even better. Anyway we just need to get him a gun and some armor I think...I have a gun I can give him for now...he just needs some protection beyond his shell. That should finish out team 1.

Cup could circle around back and provide some distractions and cause mayhem with his abilites and well as the Prof, finishing out team 2 so it looks like this.

Team Hold Main House until Support Arrives into Main House Siege
Gregor - Heavy fighter with ability to hurt Willy
Renzo - Heavy fighter with ability to withstand all magic, also does heavy damage to Sup. Nat I believe
Yumiko - (OoC needs EXP) Provides a little extra protection and possibly some cover and damage.
Dale - Feedback abilities come in handy when dealing with enemies. Just needs a gun and some armor.

Team 2 - Garage Assault into Main House Siege
Rachael - Fast attack, able to surprise enemies, also can get good footage of full problems.
Harrison - Long Range support and eyes on barn until Main House Siege (Heavy Firepower)
Juicer(again sorry, can't remember name) - Long Range support and eyes on barn until Main House Siege (Heavy Firepower)
Cup - Distractions, Mayhem, Destruction
Prof - Distractions, Mayhem, Destruction

With this plan we would need to either pool our money or commit various misdemeanors (in a 'good' fashion) in order to aquire:

Gun with Ammo and Armor for Dale
Vehicles, preferable MD but SDC will work just as well
A Plow on 2 of the Vehicles
Gas (unless purchasing nuclear or Solar powered)
Food and Water for a 2 - 3 week trip
Ammunition for Yumiko (arrows / guns?), Gregor (Has 5 e-clips), Harrison and Juicer (Main Priority) - and that is as far as I know
Possible extra weapons for Gregor (Needs throwing stars...a lot of them), Rachael, Cup, Prof
Med Kits including Quick-Clot and healing Salve as far as I know for sure...unless someone has something better than First Aid
Camping Gear
Bags for any loot we happen to get

Alright, now for a bit of explanation. We need at least 2 vehicles, preferably 4 (2 large and 2 small). The Plows will be put on the large vehicles and we will literally be moving them into position. Locking the steering wheels, throwing bricks onto the gas pedals, and ramming them through (hopefully) the Main House as well as the Garage. Harrison and the Juicer will then blow them up. That creates our opening. All of this happens after Team 2 gets into position to storm the Garage and Team 1 is in position to storm the House. The explosion is the signal to go. Hopefully the ramming and explosions gave us enough of a suprise/opening to make a clean assualt and take them off guard. Willy will be fine this whole time.

After team 2 takes our the remainder of the Garage they must turn around and rush the back of the house as quickly as possible, so that team 1 that has been holding the main building has some backup in order to push forward and get to Willy. Team leaders will be determined before this, as well as hand signals established, nothing proffessional, but we can get it together enough to understand each other. When team 2 is in place a quick double tap of the comm link installed in all environmental body armor will serve as the signal that they are ready. A double tap from team 1 leader will signal to move and start the final assault on the main house. At this point, honestly, the objective is to protect and provide assistance to Gregor, who will be fighting Willy by now. As far as I know, it is only him who can actually hurt Willy. After Willy is as defeated as we can get him, and the house is clear, we can regroup and take the barn as a team, but I don't want to get that far ahead.

I don't know how well this will work, or is any of you will even agree to this, but I thought it was a good plan. I still don't fully know everyone's powers so the teams might not even be right.

Tell me what you guys think!

GenThunderfist
Dungeon Crawler

That's why the enemy forces are split...unless all the forces are actually in the farmhouse, which would just kinda suck in general...

Return to “Rifts®”