Fan Made Rifts Trailer

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

adamaldred
Megaversal® Ambassador

Fan Made Rifts Trailer

Unread post by adamaldred »

After seeing a rifts fan trailer on here (sorry cant find the link again for credit) I have decided to give it a go myself. More so to help my group who are brand new to Rifts and will be playing their first game this coming Wednesday. Its still work in progress and I think I need to change the music any suggestions?

http://youtu.be/SqBJvfDysZM
Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Re: Fan Made Rifts Trailer

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

adamaldred wrote:After seeing a rifts fan trailer on here (sorry cant find the link again for credit) I have decided to give it a go myself. More so to help my group who are brand new to Rifts and will be playing their first game this coming Wednesday. Its still work in progress and I think I need to change the music any suggestions?

http://youtu.be/SqBJvfDysZM

Great work man!

I think the music is suitably epic but a little too slow for the fast-paced action of the video. Keep up the great work and keep spreading the love! :ok:
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
Bobboky
D-Bee

Unread post by Bobboky »

Pretty awesome... Needs a bit more of the mystical in it though I think
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

also that second bit of 'scenery' at the beginning, where you zoom over the desert to the burning city? seems a bit redundant when you've already got the opening bit with the overgrown city. you might want to look for other location shots to use. ideally something that fits into the kind of 'post-apoc, but not a desert wasteland' look of that overgrown city.
off the top of my head, you could look at scenes from The Postman as an option, since that has a very similar visual to the overgrown city clip you used. not sure where else you could go for clips.

as for music.. you need something slow to start but that shifts to a faster pace part way through. hmm.. trying to remember what song my brother and i were going to use when we planned to make an anime based video for rifts/CE... i remember the video we used more than the music, ironically.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
adamaldred
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by adamaldred »

Thanks for the feedback, the reason for the 2 settings is down to the game I will be running. As a mercs session, hence not much of the mystical. I was thinking of cutting one of those flyovers but they seem to fit my game world soo much. I think i would cut the forest one if i had too. Music i was really struggleing with as I need something 5 minutes long!

I Will be doing a other one soon any suggestions on vids or clips to use?
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

consider finding several shorter musical pieces. toss a short calm one for the opener, then ramp up the tempo after. then time the clips to switch tempo at the same time.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website

Return to “Rifts®”