Psionic Enhancements and Crystal/Psionic Items

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

VR Dragon
Dungeon Crawler

Psionic Enhancements and Crystal/Psionic Items

Unread post by VR Dragon »

Something came up during one of my talks with a fellow gamer. There is little in the game to really enhance a psionicist's power pool much as similarly as the magic users have. Mainly I have not found much of anything that allows a psionicist to store ISP in some sort of crystal or what not like a wizard can with PPE talismans. Sure there are some items in phase world, but that not something many GMs allow outside a phase world setting.

Are there any rules in a rifter or any other setting book for that talks about a psychic attuning crystals or empowering them to store some extra juice somehow? I know there is some crystal stuff listed in the PF: Island at the edge of the world book, but nothing there expands on it beyond basically psionic rune weapons.
Grand Paladin
Adventurer

Re: Psionic Enhancements and Crystal/Psionic Items

Unread post by Grand Paladin »

There is Psylite crystals that are a component of Noro weapons and equipment that is presented in the Rifts Phase World setting, and I believe that it has some of the characteristics you were looking for, but probably not all of them. I think that it's really worth expanding, and begs a Rifter article at the least!
"In America the President reigns for four years and journalism governs forever and ever. "
— Oscar Wilde
"I reject your reality and substitue my own!"
— Adam Savage, Mythbusters
X'Zanthar
Wanderer

Unread post by X'Zanthar »

Not my speciality, but the Western Empire book has magic items that store ISP I think.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

DiceMan wrote:
X'Zanthar wrote:Not my speciality, but the Western Empire book has magic items that store ISP I think.

The Idrantine Circlet. Western Empire, page 162. They can store up to 100 I.S.P.

And most of them are non-rechargeable.
--------
There are three places that talk about constructing Psi-Devices in all the PB game books: 1) The PF1 book talks about "Psi-Magic" devices w/o any Class associated with them, and 2) the "psi-devices" made by the Akimi Stonemen (psi) gizmoteer Racial Char Class in Rifts South America 2.

Third place is a class found in BTS1, NB:BTS, BTS2, and Rifts Psyscape, the PCC Psi-Mechanic that built psi-devices for themselves. But these are more limited in scope then the 1st two types.

There is the psi-tech in psyscape but that is more like a more Psi oriented Operator.

Other then those places there are no detailed places that the text talks about psi's making Psi-Device"-like stuff.

side note: there are some psi-mech "psi-devices" in one of the rifters, in an article talking about Chaos Earth in Britain.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”