Favorite Dragons

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

Favorite Dragons

Unread post by gaby »

Tell me What is your Favorite Dragons and Why they are your favorite?
Last edited by gaby on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Re: Favorite Dargons

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

gaby wrote:Tell me What is your Favorite Dargons and Why they are your favorite?

Dargons?
do you mean Dragons?
If so then the GHD is my fave.
Why? just look at them... they are the classic Western Dragon in all its glory.
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Re: Favorite Dragons

Unread post by jaymz »

Ice for me.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Ice, cause of the magic and they look better then the others.

One I want to play that I haven't yet.....the Fairey dragon in the invented spells topic.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

This one is hard for me. Not -universally- but for a majority of -----Palladium----- dragons. They're very..... How to say it nicely......

I don't --personally-- like the art for --most-- (not all) Of the dragons in the Palladium universe. And as the art helps to form the mental image. Most of the dragons in Palladium games look stupid. It's not the dragons fault. I just have a hard time picking when most of the dragon's artwork is in my personal opinion, is lacking.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

In general / cross I.P.? The Blue dragon :D Abberant / Lawful ebil all the way; makes for great NPC. :ok:
As for Palladium styled? Great horned dragons... but I'm biased that way (re; Plato). :love: :angel:
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

The Ogopogo and Zaayr Crystals because everyone forgets about them.

Slightly the same for night stalkers, basilisks and chaing-ku too.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Unread post by ffranceschi »

The Dragon Kings of Freehold. I am not sure what dragon race they are but their Shadow power is super cool!!!
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

That power has cool flavour text but tactically it seems like a ridiculous risk. I don't think I'd ever want to use it as a dragon. I'm not even talking about the whole mental instability thing: you create an easily destoyable lesser version of yourself which will permanently weaken you if it dies? What's the point?

If I am an ancient dragon with... let's say 4000 MDC. What's more tactically sound:
1. send out a 1000 MDC shadow dragon who gets blown up and I'm at 3000 MDC forever
2. go out and fight myself, lose 2000 MDC and then fly back home and heal to my full strength

About the only plus to shadow dragons is for outnumbering a single enemy or mass-destroying a bunch of weak enemies who aren't a threat. As a group of lower-MDC-beings, shadow dragons who fight collectively are vulnerable to area affect weapons like nuclear weapons. A volley of nukes that do 1000MDC to a radius could wipe out 4 shadow dragons with 1K life yet only upset the base dragon who could fly off and heal.

The Nightlords would laugh at the inefficiency of the whole thing. Bet those Freehold noobs wished they could make Avatars.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Tor wrote:That power has cool flavour text but tactically it seems like a ridiculous risk. I don't think I'd ever want to use it as a dragon. I'm not even talking about the whole mental instability thing: you create an easily destoyable lesser version of yourself which will permanently weaken you if it dies? What's the point?

If I am an ancient dragon with... let's say 4000 MDC. What's more tactically sound: send out a 1000 MDC shadow dragon who gets blown up and I'm at 3000 MDC forever, or go out and fight myself, lose 2000 MDC and then fly back home and heal to my full strength.

The obvious tradeoff is you only use them in situations where it may be you lose 4000 MDC before you can retreat back home.

One heavy artillery shell can deal 3d6*10 MD to a very wide area. a barrage can throw hundreds of shells per second. you do the math. They were used aginst the only army in north america who DO have artillery batteries able to get those kinds of results, and the dragon kings had to calculate accordingly.

All it takes is for intel on where the artillery division is to be wrong and even the toughest beings get blown up.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Medium Rare.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Chronicle
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Your Local Lurker. THAT'S the Reality.....

Email: Chronos47@gmail.com

Unread post by Chronicle »

I like the Classic Great horned dragon

My favorite has to be Chian-Ku though, so Mysterious :)
Your local Lurker and Temporal Wizard Extrodinaire,

Chronicle

Cosmic Forge or bust.

Love me some Phood

Where is the wood in Wormwood.

"How Are you a Super Power" -Sterling Archer
ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Unread post by ffranceschi »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Tor wrote:That power has cool flavour text but tactically it seems like a ridiculous risk. I don't think I'd ever want to use it as a dragon. I'm not even talking about the whole mental instability thing: you create an easily destoyable lesser version of yourself which will permanently weaken you if it dies? What's the point?

If I am an ancient dragon with... let's say 4000 MDC. What's more tactically sound: send out a 1000 MDC shadow dragon who gets blown up and I'm at 3000 MDC forever, or go out and fight myself, lose 2000 MDC and then fly back home and heal to my full strength.

The obvious tradeoff is you only use them in situations where it may be you lose 4000 MDC before you can retreat back home.

One heavy artillery shell can deal 3d6*10 MD to a very wide area. a barrage can throw hundreds of shells per second. you do the math. They were used aginst the only army in north america who DO have artillery batteries able to get those kinds of results, and the dragon kings had to calculate accordingly.

All it takes is for intel on where the artillery division is to be wrong and even the toughest beings get blown up.

+1. Besides it is SUPER COOL! Normally I choose my "favorites" because of style. Examples: The Dragon Kings, Violator SAMAS, Glitter Girls, etc.
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

Killer Cyborg wrote:Medium Rare.

:ok: :lol:

Seriously, this topic is GREAT!

Its not an easy question though. I am very fond of the Ice Dragon but... I think that my favorite Dragon would have to be the Castle Builders. My only complaint with them is that they have a long serpentine body and I much prefer the look of Traditional Western Dragon. That is as a player character though... I am going to have to give some serious thought to my favorite NPC antagonist Dragon.

Anyone got any suggestions?

The closest thing I've ever run to a serious NPC Dragon was a Beast Dragon but boy was he fun to run!
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Killer Cyborg wrote:Medium Rare.

:lol: Nice.

I'd have to say the old Great Horned Dragon was my favorite.

I like the new Cat's Eye Dragon. Very intriguing as a PC.
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

I favor the underdog - the Forest Runner dragon hatchling is my choice.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

The one fighting on my side rather than against me.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Glistam wrote:I favor the underdog - the Forest Runner dragon hatchling is my choice.

:ok:

Those are cool too. Very good choice for a Player Character Dragon.
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:The obvious tradeoff is you only use them in situations where it may be you lose 4000 MDC before you can retreat back home. All it takes is for intel on where the artillery division is to be wrong and even the toughest beings get blown up.
In situations with that kinda risk they shouldn't be flying about in EITHER form, get some expendable minion to do it =/

Glistam wrote:I favor the underdog - the Forest Runner dragon hatchling is my choice.

Akashic Soldier wrote:my favorite Dragon would have to be the Castle Builders. My only complaint with them is that they have a long serpentine bod

I'm wearing my Rifts classes, are these new dragons in PF? Why they no include them in D&G? :(
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Glistam »

I don't know about the Castle Builder, but the Forest Runner was one of the new dragon hatchlings created for Rifts Ultimate Edition, which came out after the Dragons & Gods book.

Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

Ugh I thought RUE was a silly idea but the more I hear about all the new stuff in it... this should be stuff advertised on the cover =/
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Tor wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:The obvious tradeoff is you only use them in situations where it may be you lose 4000 MDC before you can retreat back home. All it takes is for intel on where the artillery division is to be wrong and even the toughest beings get blown up.
In situations with that kinda risk they shouldn't be flying about in EITHER form, get some expendable minion to do it =/

My point is, there is no point at any time during the whole seige on tolkeen where that wasn't a small risk. CS couldn't have artillery everywhere but you could never be certain you knew where it all was.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

The CS probably won't randomly launch 10 nuclear missles at a non-target place on the ground, so if a dragon morphed into a rabbit and hopped through a forest trail he could get around pretty easily.

Honestly the idea that any self-preserving dragon would be in his dragon form at ALL when there's such missles zooming around is silly. You'd want to stay in small forms, spread out, etc. I don't recall if shadow dragons can even metamorph.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Tor wrote:The CS probably won't randomly launch 10 nuclear missles at a non-target place on the ground, so if a dragon morphed into a rabbit and hopped through a forest trail he could get around pretty easily.

Honestly the idea that any self-preserving dragon would be in his dragon form at ALL when there's such missles zooming around is silly. You'd want to stay in small forms, spread out, etc. I don't recall if shadow dragons can even metamorph.

I'm sorry where did you get I was talking about nuclear missiles? I'm talking about regular, unguided artillery shells.

And while the question of "Why do dragons ever fight in full dragon form" is a question the game never really answers, cannonically they like to do it a lot regardless of how tactically unsound it is.

Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

Ice Dragon, 'nuff said.
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Well probably they do it because they are dragons. They are huge, super tough even as hatchlings and if they get into trouble can teleport long distances in an eyeblink. Even if they get really beat up it takes it takes them little time to heal fully again so even random missil attacks are more of an annoyance than something to fret about. Now dragons are smart enough that they probably would not fly over a CS army or territory in their normal form but in other areas why not they are dragons and proud of it.

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Tor wrote:The CS probably won't randomly launch 10 nuclear missles at a non-target place on the ground, so if a dragon morphed into a rabbit and hopped through a forest trail he could get around pretty easily.

I'm sorry where did you get I was talking about nuclear missiles? I'm talking about regular, unguided artillery shells.

And while the question of "Why do dragons ever fight in full dragon form" is a question the game never really answers, cannonically they like to do it a lot regardless of how tactically unsound it is.
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:I'm talking about regular, unguided artillery shells.
Hm okay, am mostly familiar with missles, even so I think the point stands that the CS won't randomly concentrate fire on areas unless they think there's a target worth hitting there, to conserve ammunition and stuff.

Nekira Sudacne wrote:And while the question of "Why do dragons ever fight in full dragon form" is a question the game never really answers, cannonically they like to do it a lot regardless of how tactically unsound it is.
I'd expect this of hatchlings and impulsive arrogant dragons, but presumably Freehold founders are experienced enough to know the dangers of being a huge target that humans wanna kill, and the advantages of moving about and fighting as rabbits.

Not to mention adult dragons can teleport around pretty easily if they want to leave shelter =/
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Tor wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:I'm talking about regular, unguided artillery shells.
Hm okay, am mostly familiar with missles, even so I think the point stands that the CS won't randomly concentrate fire on areas unless they think there's a target worth hitting there, to conserve ammunition and stuff.

That's sort of the opposite point of artillery, which is to concentrate a whole lot of cheep explosives in an area you think something valuble is in. Missiles you conserve, artillery you throw at anything you think it might be useful to hit.

And that's my point, moment any CS unit radios in "Got a dragon here at *x/y/z*", expect shells to hit soon after. Why you should argue for dragons to play "smart" and not the CS is beyond me. this is exactly what light artillery is designed to deal with.

Nekira Sudacne wrote:And while the question of "Why do dragons ever fight in full dragon form" is a question the game never really answers, cannonically they like to do it a lot regardless of how tactically unsound it is.
I'd expect this of hatchlings and impulsive arrogant dragons, but presumably Freehold founders are experienced enough to know the dangers of being a huge target that humans wanna kill, and the advantages of moving about and fighting as rabbits.

Not to mention adult dragons can teleport around pretty easily if they want to leave shelter =/

you'd think so, but according to SoT, they don't.

Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Glistam »

Dragon horror factor is probably a lot less effective when they're in the form off a bunny. Also they have less reach. Also they're DRAGONS and they're arrogant and they not only know that you're inferior to them, but they enjoy proving it.

Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:Why you should argue for dragons to play "smart" and not the CS is beyond me. this is exactly what light artillery is designed to deal with.
I expect the CS to be smart and target dragons, I just don't get why dragons would make themselves so targetable. Hopping down the bunny trail's a horrible artillery target to scout out.

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
I can only think this is a result of insanity and mental instability. Perhaps this is a result of prolonged use of shadow dragons.

All the more reason that Tolkeen's Freehold is a threat that must be eliminated, justifying the CS' motives.
Nightmask
Palladin

Tor wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Why you should argue for dragons to play "smart" and not the CS is beyond me. this is exactly what light artillery is designed to deal with.
I expect the CS to be smart and target dragons, I just don't get why dragons would make themselves so targetable. Hopping down the bunny trail's a horrible artillery target to scout out.

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
I can only think this is a result of insanity and mental instability. Perhaps this is a result of prolonged use of shadow dragons.

All the more reason that Tolkeen's Freehold is a threat that must be eliminated, justifying the CS' motives.

Yeah sorry but no, you know there is simply no justifying what the CS did.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

If I'm going to play a dragon, the Chaing-ku is my preference.

--flatline
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Tor wrote:

Nekira Sudacne wrote:

Well, obviously, your not thinking like a dragon. Your thinking about what a human would do given the powers of a dragon. :)

kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Tor wrote:

Akashic Soldier wrote:my favorite Dragon would have to be the Castle Builders. My only complaint with them is that they have a long serpentine bod

I'm wearing my Rifts classes, are these new dragons in PF? Why they no include them in D&G? :(

The thing to remember about dragons especially adults is while artillery could in theory kill it is very very difficult to do especially with something like artillery. For an Adult dragon you are talking about a being with thousands of MDC with the ability teleport very long distances in the blink of an eye with high degrees of accuracy. Given that why not fly around in dragon from if something actually seems like it may be a threat teleport away any damage that was done unless it was done with U rounds will heal up in a trivial amount of time. That which does not kill a dragon outright is a mild annoyance.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

kaid wrote:
Tor wrote:

The thing to remember about dragons especially adults is while artillery could in theory kill it is very very difficult to do especially with something like artillery. For an Adult dragon you are talking about a being with thousands of MDC with the ability teleport very long distances in the blink of an eye with high degrees of accuracy. Given that why not fly around in dragon from if something actually seems like it may be a threat teleport away any damage that was done unless it was done with U rounds will heal up in a trivial amount of time. That which does not kill a dragon outright is a mild annoyance.

I never forgot, my point is that Dragons as written simply don't seem to bother learning even rudimentary tactics.

Nightmask
Palladin

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
kaid wrote:
Tor wrote:

I never forgot, my point is that Dragons as written simply don't seem to bother learning even rudimentary tactics.

Outside of a group of dragons mentioned but never seen from a dimension where the dragons are all cultured, peace-loving sorts who if they ever encountered the 'normal' Palladium dragon would be appalled by their behavior and would rally to hunt them down and educate them in proper dragon behavior. As an inversion of the 'normal' dragon one would imagine that they're highly educated and quite skilled in things like tactics.

Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

Nightmask wrote:you know there is simply no justifying what the CS did.
You think eliminating dragons who are doomed to become evil by relying on Shadow Dragons isn't a good thing for the earth in the long run? There's enough evil dragons as it is.

Being that adult dragons can all dimensionally teleport, if they're on earth, it's because they choose to be here, making them invaders.

The CS will take pity on D-bees transported against their will, ones who aren't evil mages with the power to leave, the power to destroy earth once more. Like dog-boys they are free to work for the CS, but being that they are not as trusted (due to being less proven) they cannot serve military roles like dog boys and must instead serve as labourers under close human observation.
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

Tor wrote:
You think eliminating dragons who are doomed to become evil by relying on Shadow Dragons isn't a good thing for the earth in the long run? There's enough evil dragons as it is.

Being that adult dragons can all dimensionally teleport, if they're on earth, it's because they choose to be here, making them invaders.

The CS will take pity on D-bees transported against their will, ones who aren't evil mages with the power to leave, the power to destroy earth once more. Like dog-boys they are free to work for the CS, but being that they are not as trusted (due to being less proven) they cannot serve military roles like dog boys and must instead serve as labourers under close human observation.
If by pity you mean a quick death vs a slow torturous one...
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
Nightmask
Palladin

Tor wrote:

Whether or not the dragons were doomed to become evil is irrelevant, it wasn't the dragons that the CS was after it was EVERYONE in Tolkeen, from adult to infant in the crib, with the sole desire to kill them. They did not launch nukes at the lairs of said dragons they launched them at the heart of the populated citystate of Tolkeen where the majority of people were humans and many of them non-magik using. It was purely a 'you are not us therefor that entitles us to kill you and take all that you own for ourselves' situation.

Also again you clearly aren't reading the books. The CS has no pity or compassion for D-bees, does not care if they or their ancestors were transported to Earth and had lived there for thousands of years, does not care if they or a magic user is good or evil because their indoctrination process makes it clear that ALL D-bees and magic users are to be considered evil monsters to kill without remorse or concern for whether or not they might be good. ALL citizens are taught to believe that any d-bee or magic user that looks good is only engaging in some convoluted ruse and will eventually kill them in some horrific fashion. Citizens that disagree where the secret police find out quickly get 'reeducted' or disappear into a cell or grave somewhere never to be mentioned again by those who knew them lest they get the same treatment.

EDIT: glancing at things again this isn't even the thread for that kind of discussion, it completely goes off track regarding favorite dragons.

Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

Damian Magecraft wrote:If by pity you mean a quick death vs a slow torturous one...
Ah, but isn't all mortal life a slow torturous death?

The CS has no reason to torture obedient d-bee workers. Injuring your workers reduces productivity.

Nightmask wrote:Whether or not the dragons were doomed to become evil is irrelevant, it wasn't the dragons that the CS was after it was EVERYONE in Tolkeen, from adult to infant in the crib, with the sole desire to kill them.
Why were the Tolkeenites sheltering evil dragons?

Nightmask wrote:They did not launch nukes at the lairs of said dragons they launched them at the heart of the populated citystate of Tolkeen where the majority of people were humans and many of them non-magik using. It was purely a 'you are not us therefor that entitles us to kill you and take all that you own for ourselves' situation.
I expect the CS was just probing their defenses and trying to exhaust their forcefields (the RCSG probably knew aaaalll about it).

The CS is not opposed to killing humans (even ones that don't use magic) if they foolishly defend magic-users and aliens.

Nightmask wrote:Also again you clearly aren't reading the books. The CS has no pity or compassion for D-bees, does not care if they or their ancestors were transported to Earth and had lived there for thousands of years, does not care if they or a magic user is good or evil because their indoctrination process makes it clear that ALL D-bees and magic users are to be considered evil monsters to kill without remorse or concern for whether or not they might be good.
I don't agree, where does it say that the CS will by default kill every single d-bee? Those who don't use magic can be pitied (even if they must be dominated/exported/enslaved for human safety) as they didn't come voluntarily. Magic using humans can be pitied for being misguided. Where is the potential for members of the CS feeling pity and empathy for their enemies denied? Perhaps the violence the CS uses is a harsh but necessary-seeming choice.

Nightmask wrote:ALL citizens are taught to believe that any d-bee or magic user that looks good is only engaging in some convoluted ruse and will eventually kill them in some horrific fashion.
So? Magic is unstable and brought about the Rifts. This is the gosh-darned truth.

I don't know if the CS has learned of Pyramids or Millenium Trees which stabilize magic energy and prevent rifts, but even if they did, let's keep in mind that the True Atlanteans had lots of pyramids and it didn't stop them from ruining the planet by opening the continental megarift.

Nightmask wrote:Citizens that disagree where the secret police find out quickly get 'reeducted' or disappear into a cell or grave somewhere never to be mentioned again by those who knew them lest they get the same treatment.
I doubt ALL citizens do. Random quackbots are no danger. It's moreso those that show the ability to influence other's opinions and cause trouble with their lies.

Nightmask wrote:EDIT: glancing at things again this isn't even the thread for that kind of discussion, it completely goes off track regarding favorite dragons.
True, let's steer it back.

Why should the CS allow your human converts to Dragonwright corrupt its innocent populace just so they can be eaten?
Ravenwing
Hero
Comment: Chaplain of the CS.

Unread post by Ravenwing »

My favorite dragon is breaded and deep fried, and then covered in a red chili sauce. We call it General Jericho's Dragon ;)
Blunt like a Warhammer to the face!

Akashic Soldier is my hero!
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I like the Serpent of the Wind
It Great that can can do Air elemental spells.

What do you think is the best Breath weapon?
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Skikome Kido Mi
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

The new fire dragons from the RUE are pretty nifty. Grapple some giant robot or supernatural critter and light the scales up POOF!
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

The Galactus Kid wrote:Skikome Kido Mi
Am guessing Japan or China?

We really gotta come up with a collective Palladium list of Dragons since I don't think any book (including D&G) has actually organized it.
Eclipse
Adventurer

Unread post by Eclipse »

GHD for power, but Chiang-Ku for shapechanging as a hatchling plus tattoos..
And if... somone whipped out a mini gun. We run and hide. lol.

Now.. some guys won't... and you can say nice things at their funeral. "He was a brave soul.... if stupid.. he didn't take cover when the guy whipped out the mini gun on us that day.. but his blood-fountaining corpse did give us a chance to sneak around and clonk the machine gunner on the head with a rock. Rest in Pieces.... Swiss Cheese Man.....

Pepsi Jedi
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

I have to go with her.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
X'Zanthar
Wanderer

Unread post by X'Zanthar »

Yea, she's pretty. Of course she knows it, lol.

Me, I am biased, Nightstalkers, as a PC unless you are a bad guy you have 2 negatives to deal with, but they add to the fun (Day blind and Reputation). For sheer power there are tougher guys.

We had a guy playing a hatchling Hydra, had personalities for each head, was a hoot.

Return to “Rifts®”