Human clones

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

dargo83
Dungeon Crawler

Human clones

Unread post by dargo83 »

In an up coming game I have a major villian a MU (magic user). I want him to use human sacrifice and i was wondering in human clones have ppe. some of the rituals require large amounts of ppe and he wants to use babies cause they have the largest amount of ppe and since babies are hard to come by in large enouth numbers for his taste he wants to make large batches when he needs them. if anyone has any info on this subject it would be awesome thanks in advanced.
dargo
Zamion138
Hero

Re: Human clones

Unread post by Zamion138 »

yeah if the clones are alive they will have ppe......
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

yes, clones have PPE
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Bill »

They might even have more than the typical human, like children, because they don't know anything and have unlimited potential to be anything human.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Bill wrote:They might even have more than the typical human, like children, because they don't know anything and have unlimited potential to be anything human.

They do, one of the books has how much PPE they start with. babies start with a whole lot and it drains as they age. unless they are a mystic or study magic, in which case the decrease is offset by training to store more.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

IIRC, Gilgamesh in Pantheons had a chance to be immortal by killing 100 clones of himself in a special ritual. but then he decided to let the 100th wake up and then decided to let that one live..
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
dargo83
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by dargo83 »

cool thanks everone
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

dargo83 wrote:a major villian a MU (magic user). I want him to use human sacrifice and.. he wants to use babies .. and .. he wants to make large batches when he needs them.
I like the way this guy thinks.

Bill wrote:They might even have more than the typical human, like children, because they don't know anything and have unlimited potential to be anything human.

Do you mean clones would have more than normals, or that babies would have more than older children? If latter, I concur babies should have more, though I'm not sure how much. Dead Reign gives a set 4d6+12 for all preteens, 1d8+5 for teens, 1d6+3 for next 9 years, then 1d4+1 for olders. Very different from what I've seen for humans (I think 2d6 for adults in rifts?) in other settings.

glitterboy2098 wrote:IIRC, Gilgamesh in Pantheons had a chance to be immortal by killing 100 clones of himself in a special ritual. but then he decided to let the 100th wake up and then decided to let that one live..
It was 7, not 100 =/ Anywho while he did let the last one wake up and didn't kill it immediately like the first six, we don't ultimately know what occured there. He might've killed it, might've let it live, who knows. Implied that he let it live or else absorbing it wiped his memories, one way or another producing 'the wanderer'.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Incriptus
Hero
Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!

Unread post by Incriptus »

I can't prove it, but I say no if it were my game --- sorta

Here is the thing. It is said multiple places "the average adult has little PPE yet an average teenager has more than at any other time of his life" [p161 Rifts original book, and reprinted in several others] that preteens & teens have the highest PPE. The reason is that teens & adults are spending their PPE on skills/talents/gifts. Only adults who learn to turn their bodies into PPE batteries have more [and vastly so].

Now if this is true [and it is contradicted other places]* then it's clear that babies/todlers/young children have less than teens. Why? Well the book says that our PPE changes as we physically and mentally develop.

So I purpose that the youngest of children and babies don't have all that much PPE either, because they simply haven't experienced life enough. Of course this is pure speculation, but it's one that I perfer. Thus I expand this to clones, they've not experienced life at all, they're little more than a sack of proteins.

---------------------

of course this opens up it's own can of worms. Why do baby sacrifices at all? My purposal to that is, you sacrifice babies to dark beings who are in it for the evilz!

Conversion Book 1 gives adults 3d6 PPE, teens 13+ 4d6, and children < 13 6d6 +6 . . . I'm going to say that anyone less than 5[ish] have less.
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Incriptus wrote:I can't prove it, but I say no if it were my game --- sorta

Here is the thing. It is said multiple places "the average adult has little PPE yet an average teenager has more than at any other time of his life" [p161 Rifts original book, and reprinted in several others] that preteens & teens have the highest PPE. The reason is that teens & adults are spending their PPE on skills/talents/gifts. Only adults who learn to turn their bodies into PPE batteries have more [and vastly so].

Now if this is true [and it is contradicted other places]* then it's clear that babies/todlers/young children have less than teens. Why? Well the book says that our PPE changes as we physically and mentally develop.

So I purpose that the youngest of children and babies don't have all that much PPE either, because they simply haven't experienced life enough. Of course this is pure speculation, but it's one that I perfer. Thus I expand this to clones, they've not experienced life at all, they're little more than a sack of proteins.

---------------------

of course this opens up it's own can of worms. Why do baby sacrifices at all? My purposal to that is, you sacrifice babies to dark beings who are in it for the evilz!

Conversion Book 1 gives adults 3d6 PPE, teens 13+ 4d6, and children < 13 6d6 +6 . . . I'm going to say that anyone less than 5[ish] have less.

It's also a very inefficient and wasteful way to try and produce victims for PPE anyway. You can breed animals and produce tons more PPE that way far more easily than creating clones, seems more like a 'for the evilutz' motivation rather than one based on practical need. The memorial slaughterhouse in Nightbane generates PPE in the thousands and maybe edging into the 10,000 range daily from the regular slaughter of animals. There isn't any reason to create clones to kill other than just to say 'I'm so evil I kill all these cloned people just because I can'.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Nightmask wrote:

---------------------

It's also a very inefficient and wasteful way to try and produce victims for PPE anyway. You can breed animals and produce tons more PPE that way far more easily than creating clones, seems more like a 'for the evilutz' motivation rather than one based on practical need. The memorial slaughterhouse in Nightbane generates PPE in the thousands and maybe edging into the 10,000 range daily from the regular slaughter of animals. There isn't any reason to create clones to kill other than just to say 'I'm so evil I kill all these cloned people just because I can'.

yah the PPE from a Abattour/Slaughterhouse is off the charts crazy. There are several that will process well over 2000 animals an hour. at a LOW end thats 2000d6ppe per hour....and it goes up from there.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

eliakon wrote:
Nightmask wrote:

---------------------

yah the PPE from a Abattour/Slaughterhouse is off the charts crazy. There are several that will process well over 2000 animals an hour. at a LOW end thats 2000d6ppe per hour....and it goes up from there.

While you likely couldn't do something at that level in Rifts given the lack of a distribution network to supply all those slaughtered animals to markets (unless you wanted to be wasteful, but why? ) you could certainly get close enough to have all your PPE needs covered. Unless the clones were sentient rather than blanks they wouldn't be much to say they were human sacrifices anyway, they'd be just animals that happened to look like people.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Zamion138
Hero

The above statement is why cloning is illegal hahahahaah
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Incriptus wrote:It is said multiple places "the average adult has little PPE yet an average teenager has more than at any other time of his life" [p161 Rifts original book, and reprinted in several others] that preteens & teens have the highest PPE. The reason is that teens & adults are spending their PPE on skills/talents/gifts. Only adults who learn to turn their bodies into PPE batteries have more [and vastly so].

So I purpose that the youngest of children and babies don't have all that much PPE either, because they simply haven't experienced life enough.

"under 13" is pretty broad. Still thanks for that stats... now we can ponder why CB1 stats differ from Dead Reign.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Incriptus
Hero
Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!

Unread post by Incriptus »

Tor wrote:Still thanks for that stats... now we can ponder why CB1 stats differ from Dead Reign.

Yikes that is signifigant [I didn't think of going to dead reign for the numbers]. Well the numbers I lifted from CB1 were for converting modern people to rifts earth. I will go with the assumption that Dead Reign is a lower magic environment and everyone was less PPE
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Wasn't this how the 'summon rodents/garden mulcher PPE generator' came about?

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Daniel Stoker wrote:Wasn't this how the 'summon rodents/garden mulcher PPE generator' came about?

Daniel Stoker

Yes, yes it was. :twisted: Funny you should mention that :twisted: Now I dont have to :lol:
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

yeah, seems like this is a rather odd way to go about getting sacrificial victims for PPE.

i have a hard time believing it's more expensive to just buy a farm animal than it is to clone a human being.
Zamion138
Hero

I always thought large vats of krill would work good, you make them as large cylinders and thenafter 2 weeks you got alot of krill, so let say they are 1/4 a ppe each then a pulse shoots through them kill all the vats full of krill, not as evil for evils sake as babies but you know you could feed kids with the fried krill
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

Incriptus wrote:I will go with the assumption that Dead Reign is a lower magic environment and everyone was less PPE
Give it time :)
Daniel Stoker wrote:Wasn't this how the 'summon rodents/garden mulcher PPE generator' came about?
The problem with this approach is you could in theory run out of rats from nearby areas.

I'd rather go with a Summoner because they can Summon Animals from other dimensions. Though I guess in theory other dimensions could also run out of animals... or maybe a mage bovine farmer would notice his missing cattle and track them across the Megaverse to the thieving Summoner's lair?

Return to “Rifts®”