Post a day

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Icefalcon
Champion

Re: Post a day

Unread post by Icefalcon »

We want an Open House for 2014. Please comply, because you know "resistance is futile".
*Sniff, Sniff* Why does it smell like wet dog in here?!
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

POH

POH

POH

Pls
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
MurderCityDisciple
Adventurer
Location: Formerly:Detroit, Michigan (West Side) Now in Dearborn: Which has 98.7% less arson.

Unread post by MurderCityDisciple »

I think we're the only ones who read this thread.

I live close to Palladium, maybe I will go stand out front with a picket sign. Maybe Palladium gamers should organize and threaten to strike?
“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.” - Anton LaVey

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire

"The die is cast." - Julius Caesar [Ultimate Powergamer]
Icefalcon
Champion

Would like a POH for 2014.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

I have approx $2million to spend on PB's products (actual quantity may vary) but do not want to have all the additional p&p. Best do a POH 2014 so I can spend it then.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Icefalcon
Champion

We want an Open House for 2014, I have two others who want to go.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Pls do another POH!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

If your team wins the superbowl then you will have to put on another POH to celebrate!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

The Dark Elf wrote:If your team wins the superbowl then you will have to put on another POH to celebrate!

Now, THAT may require serendipity (if not more).

Let us trust in Palladium's efficacy instead and have an Open House 2014!
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
Icefalcon
Champion

Hendrik wrote:
The Dark Elf wrote:If your team wins the superbowl then you will have to put on another POH to celebrate!

Now, THAT may require serendipity (if not more).

Let us trust in Palladium's efficacy instead and have an Open House 2014!

I agree. Must....have....Open.....House.
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

On my way to work, to keep my mind open to the things that really count ;-), I have listened to Gateway to the Megaverse S2E1 (again). It is a nice interview with Kevin. Even more than the recent information that there would be no Open House in 2013 or 2014, I was depressed by the information that the last one "may" have been the last. And, yes, I know, Kevin has said that almost in every case after every open house (but after 2009 IIRC).

Listen, my friends at Palladium, that just will not do. Don't crush our hopes there.

I am happy with and grateful for a clear communication regarding 2013 and 2014 as for any trip, but especially the long haul from Europe spontaneity is hard to finance. Nota bene: that will NOT keep me from still clamoring for an open house in '14 :D ). Still, I would be really happy to hear something like "We really want another open house. We cannot promise a thing but at the moment we are shooting for 2015. We will give you more information as early as we can."

That said: you can still repent and recant. Nobody will be sad when you will say later this year that there will be an open house in 2014. It is ok. Really.
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

Soldier of Od
Hero

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

Hendrik wrote:Still, I would be really happy to hear something like "We really want another open house. We cannot promise a thing but at the moment we are shooting for 2015. We will give you more information as early as we can."

Hi Hendrik,
I too would very much like future open houses to go ahead, but I most definitly don't wan to hear anything like that. Making empty promises or hinting a possibilites that will never happen is Kevin's absolutely worst trait, and we shouldn't encourage him. I wouldn't want to get my hopes up high and have them dashed in 2015. I would much rather he was honest with us (as he seems to be at the moment), even if the news is bad - and it really is bad news!
Like you say, things change and he could always change his mind in the future. I would much rather a 2015 open house be a wonderful surprise than to expect one and find it never happens.

P.S. But in the spirit of hope - 2014/15 open house please!
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

I guess you are right, Soldier of Od. Kevin has just gotten better with that and we don't want to see that spoiled. I do like the straightforwardness in "no open house 2013/2014", even if it is the only thing I like about it. *sigh* Let's hope for a positive change of plans for '14 and excellent news for '15.

Icefalcon
Champion

I agree Hendrik. Lets hope for a positive reversal in 2014. I would even settle for a 2015 if we can't have one in 2014. I too like to see that Kevin is a little more forthcoming with the truth, at least to himself.
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

Icefalcon wrote:I agree Hendrik. Lets hope for a positive reversal in 2014. I would even settle for a 2015 if we can't have one in 2014. I too like to see that Kevin is a little more forthcoming with the truth, at least to himself.

It is not about truth. It is about his (rampant) enthusiasm and wanting to share what he wants to do at the time he says it. This makes him creative and a great guy, but sometimes the nightmare of any PR guy because sometimes dreams and ideas do not come to fruitition (alas!) but some customers took it as gospel. ... Anyway ;-) ... here is to a real chance to share in the wonderful enthusiasm of Palladium and rampantly game for days on end in 2014 ... and 2015 :-D

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Kev, we'll get our own found and drink. Theres no need to entertain. You carry on writing, we'll be ever so quiet at the next POH!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

... and we promise to quietly inspire with the merry den of slinging dice and telling tales of grand Palladium advenures, at the very next OH!

scottypotty
D-Bee

Unread post by scottypotty »

I've never been to a POH, but I'd really like to. Please, Kevin, don't let me die with regrets. (You've got about 50-60 years as I see it.)
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

Don't be sarcastic like that Scotty, and I'm sure you have to potty. You may get kicked off the forums. Banned for at least a week if they don't like how you are posting.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Honestly, I'm done posting here regularly.. I think they are better off not inviting anyone into their own home territory. Really, if they can't act like they care about the bottom line, they should act like it is a hobby, and not a business.

"The Devil's among us!
MurderCityDisciple
Adventurer
Location: Formerly:Detroit, Michigan (West Side) Now in Dearborn: Which has 98.7% less arson.

Unread post by MurderCityDisciple »

Jorel wrote: I think they are better off not inviting anyone into their own home territory. Really, if they can't act like they care about the bottom line, they should act like it is a hobby, and not a business.

Maybe it's kinda like that Shatner 'Get a life' skit on Saturday Night Live. Kaptain Siembeida looks out upon his mouth breathing, never kissed a girl minions and is both disgusted and appalled by what he sees :eek: . Then somebody whispers in his ear about 'da money' and he snaps back to the KS we all mouth breathingly worship. It's a vicious circle of a nightmare...one he can only take every 5 or 6 years. GIVE THE MAN A BREAK!!! :!: :clown:
“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.” - Anton LaVey

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire

"The die is cast." - Julius Caesar [Ultimate Powergamer]
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Another day, another wish for the only Westland convention that garners interest from international parties. We WANT to spend loads of money flying half way around the world to use our free imaginations and pretend we are someone else in a different location!

Although saying it aloud seems very illogical....

Still want a POH though!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

The OH is GEEK-logical, a must have, a must be, a must be there!

You also see friends. It is logical to spend money on that. For what else is it worth the effort.

Pretty please.

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Keeeeeeeep posting!

Another POH pls!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Winnie the POH
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Icefalcon
Champion

The Dark Elf wrote:Winnie the POH

Now that was clever.

Please, Open House for 2014. Or, even 2015.
scottypotty
D-Bee

Unread post by scottypotty »

Edgar Allen POH?
Icefalcon
Champion

scottypotty wrote:Edgar Allen POH?

Nice.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

:ok:

Pls do another POH!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Icefalcon
Champion

Yes, another Open House, please please please please please please.
ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Unread post by ffranceschi »

I'm back from Vacation and still want a POH 2014.
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

I am tired, weary and I want to go to bed......

But Id find the time for another POH!

Cos they fkin rock!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Icefalcon
Champion

I would hazard another weekend of no sleep to attend an Open House.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

gimme gimme gimme -

another awesome POH!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Dear Family,

Hotel is nice, weather warm. People are really friendly and we're having a blast although we stayed up really late last night and got totally bladdered. Rolled some dice, chatted LOADS and bought some stuff you'll begrudge. See you soon.

I could have been writing this as a postcard when I was at the next POH....

WISH I WAS THERE!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Dear Palladium books,

The purpose of these posts is to turn the "clever, but futile idea" into "critical action that saves the entire group" of fans from bursting at the seams!

Do another POH!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Another POH pls!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Icefalcon
Champion

POH please. Pretty please. Pretty please with sugar on top.
ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Unread post by ffranceschi »

"I think it would be very useful to know the main official reason behind the idea of not doing a POH 2014."

A member of the Official POH 2014 pro movement.
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
Icefalcon
Champion

ffranceschi wrote:"I think it would be very useful to know the main official reason behind the idea of not doing a POH 2014."

A member of the Official POH 2014 pro movement.

I agree that it would be useful to know the main reason.

Another Open House, please.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

An assumption: Because it takes a lot of time away from producing RPG books which is what they are criticised for not doing enough of.

Secondary assumptions: It makes little money and is physically knackering for all involved.
Who wants to meet the fans that dis your business decisions on the forums everyday. I couldnt meet them face to face and pretend to be nice, ROFL. :erm:

P.S. but pls do one anyway.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

I would guess this:
    - Cons take away time from (other) business even if the OH gave good sales
    - Cons are important to "get the word out" and interface with fans and (future) customers
    - The POH is more for those that already are fans
    - Palladium needs to interface with new people to increase the customer base
    - Palladium needs to interface with distributors to increase basic demand
    - The OH is not ideal for the latter two needs
    - Palladium is doing Gencon and/or Origins etc. and those are good for those needs

I think they have made a decision to first go to other cons and I guess they will have an OH 2015. I think that makes sense.

I am for an OH 2014 anyway!

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Do another POH and Ill represent PBs at a UK convention. Deal.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Request filed for another POH.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Palladium. Open. House.

Does anything else NEED to be said? :D
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

The Dark Elf wrote:Do another POH and Ill represent PBs at a UK convention. Deal.

Does it matter when they do it. Cause so far 2015 is not off the table. "Ill represent" sounds like somethin a rapper says. Sick hold it down. I think you should do one in UK and try to get Kev out there.

"The Devil's among us!
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Jorel wrote:
The Dark Elf wrote:Do another POH and Ill represent PBs at a UK convention. Deal.

Does it matter when they do it. Cause so far 2015 is not off the table. "Ill represent" sounds like somethin a rapper says. Sick hold it down. I think you should do one in UK and try to get Kev out there.

Lol. If he publishes my manuscript (when finally submitted) I'll represent PBs as "one of the writers" (that would be fkin sweeeet!) in a UK annual convention. Im sure I could get one of my gamers to sit at a booth and chat megaverse whilst I run an awesome Rifts or DR game (or PFRPG, HU2, BTS, NB, ATB, N&S etc.)!

And I just bought virtually all the mini's which I could show off!

Need to finish that damn manuscript!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

- to add -

Pls do another POH so I can chat to people like Jamyz face to face and listen to his reviews over a beer (or two) and chat PFRPG with Prysus and test some future subject material on the uber fans and etc. etc..
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

We will never be able to have the first robotech tactics competition if you don't have another poh!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Another day, another POH request!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic

Return to “Palladium Open House”