My solutuion to the Cyborg vs. Phase Beamers

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nightmask
Palladin

Re: My solutuion to the Cyborg vs. Phase Beamers

Unread post by Nightmask »

Jerell wrote:I know I might be a little in left field here (talking about the planetary batteries, not the hand held weapons), but I wouldn't allow a ship to protect its crew from Phase World phase beam planetary cannons simply because someone wired a brain to it.

Why not? If it's the brain's 'body' it should be just as 'alive' as any other machine with a brain hooked up to it.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

I would be open to a Tochiro/Arcadia relationship if someone could figure out how to get their soul to flow through the whole ships electronics, failing that I wouldn't consider the machine parts of a ship to be alive, nor have I seen anything that supports treating a brain wired into a starship like a standard cyborg. To each their own.
Qev
Hero

Unread post by Qev »

Obviously, full-conversion borgs have an armature inside their frame which carries their organic parts, and this is configured to automatically move these parts around in order to dodge incoming phase-beamer fire. You might say they have wandering minds. :lol:
"Then you can simply spead the ground dried corpse bits amongst the plants as needed." - Sir Ysbadden

"There weren't many nukes launched in the apocalypse, so the nuclear winter wasn't that bad." - Killer Cyborg

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”