Absurd and Joke Characters

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SmilingJack
Megaversal® Ambassador

Absurd and Joke Characters

Unread post by SmilingJack »

Lol,

I'm wondering if any of you have played or just conceptualized a joke character to run as a PC or include as an NPC

our last session our GM, informed us we could create up to 2 Ancillary characters, and while we were discussing the topic

I joked that I was creating a vagabond, who only had domestic skills And he was Charles from: Charles in Charge,

Also if my character dies I've already rolled up Tony from who's the boss with Mona as my second PC character

I wanted to hear what you guys have done or who you would want to add into an adventure that you think would be funny

Have fun!
~ Love Conquers All ~
taalismn
Priest

Re: Absurd and Joke Characters

Unread post by taalismn »

Concept: Heroes Unlimited-style sentient Flea Gestalt that mindcontrolled a dog to get around. With the option of upgrading to a DogBoy.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

First, for an explanation of how we came up with this particular character go here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=138319&sid=fdbd550d119a2e09673bf93ed5f8cf42#p2669230

now for the PC himself

IQ 5
ME 11
MA 22
PS 11
PP 4
PE 4
PB 21
SPD 9

Animal Type: Deer
Cause of mutation: Accidental Encounter
Education: Grew up on the fringes of society. Has Prowl +12%, HtH Basic, and 14 secondary skills.
(These are the 14 random skills we came up with)
Adv. Math
Auto Mechanics
First Aid
Basic Mechanics
Body Building
Wilderness Survival
Language: Hindi/Urdu
Language: Arabic
Writing
Land Navigation
Read Sensory Equipment
Pilot Related - Navigation (Air, Land, Sea)
Photography

BE WARNED! The back story we came up with is full of insensitive and probably racist humor. No actual insult is intended.

The Pc is basically retarded but not completely inept. Think along the lines of a stupider Forrest Gump. Like the fabled Idiot Savant our PC has a knack for languages and technology. He doesn't have an established home, but rather spends his time hanging out in the airport control tower (Navigation and Sensory instruments..."Okee dokee flight 465 time for to lan da airpwane!"), the local garage (he's surprisingly good at fixing things) or the corner quickie mart (where he picked up his foreign language skills). While clumsy, weak, and stupid, the PC is loved by the local townsfolk. Because really, what's more endearing than a simple minded buffoon with a cute dopey grin?
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

Abran Cortez
Paul Mackenzie

Do I win the No Prize?
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
Razzinold
Hero
Comment: HTTP 404 [witty comment not found]

Unread post by Razzinold »

I had a first time player who couldn't think of a name, ended up calling himself Bob Loblaw.
It's funny because when said it loud it sounds like you are saying "Blah, blah, blah".
Other then that the character wasn't funny or absurd, but it was fun for me when he ran into a CS patrol and they thought he was lipping off by answering "blah, blah, blah" when asked for his name, lol

Mr. Clippiddy Clop - The Mobile Death Pub

This became a long running inside joke that started way back from my original gaming group that continued on whenever the 3 of us found ourselves together again in larger/new groups.

I can't remember exactly how it came to be but I know it started out as a threat, someones brain was going to be inserted into a robot horse body, but he wasn't actually able to control it with free will only respond to our commands, however he would be fully aware of what's happening to him just powerless to stop it. It was a punishment for something (can't remember what for but I do remember it never happened) and the description became funnier with each telling.

Basically (from what I can remember) he could fire a boom gun out his butt, peed napalm, laser eyes, machine gun nostrils, flame thrower mouth and had a secret compartment in him that housed a keg of beer. The panel on his side would open up, a little shelf would slide out and there were two mugs of cold beer and a bowl of pretzels that magically was always full. Also two little benches could slide out from him as well if you didn't feel like sitting.

We laughed like crazy over this (keep in mind we were like 15-17 at the time). Later on whenever we played in a new group (the 3 of us played Rifts for years before adding new players) and we ran into a trouble maker (rules lawyer, somebody whining if they weren't the most powerful guy or not getting some awesome piece of equipment even though the character had no means of possessing) one of us would always mention the name Mr. Clippiddy Clop, or just neigh like a horse (or drum your knuckles on the table for hoof sounds) and we'd crack up laughing while everyone else just stared blankly since they had now clue what we were talking about.

We ended up not gaming together for years (until recently) and when they both came over to my place to roll up characters with the rest of the group I had just put together I mentioned the name and after all that time they still remembered the joke and burst out laughing.

I realise this must sound stupid and pointless to all the rest of you but that's the beauty of inside jokes, they're not usually all that funny unless you lived it and if you did then it's funny as hell!
Either way I'll stop talking now, lol
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Razzinold wrote:I had a first time player who couldn't think of a name, ended up calling himself Bob Loblaw.
It's funny because when said it loud it sounds like you are saying "Blah, blah, blah".
Other then that the character wasn't funny or absurd, but it was fun for me when he ran into a CS patrol and they thought he was lipping off by answering "blah, blah, blah" when asked for his name, lol

, lol

Actually I DO find that extremely (and darkly) amusing....it's a strange and demented twist on the slave borg concept. :twisted:
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

A few years back, the online Rifts group I was in (Shiny Hal's), one of the guys did a x-mass special pit arena duals between tripped out chars. So I converted the "SANTA MAN" char from "you're under arrest", who denies being "STRIKE MAN" dressed up for x-mass.

Riding in on ehis trusty hog.... ahh..Raindeer, he won his arena fight hadily, with the help of "HOMERUN GIRL" and his cleats.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Razzinold
Hero
Comment: HTTP 404 [witty comment not found]

Unread post by Razzinold »

taalismn wrote:
Razzinold wrote:I had a first time player who couldn't think of a name, ended up calling himself Bob Loblaw.

, lol

Actually I DO find that extremely (and darkly) amusing....it's a strange and demented twist on the slave borg concept. :twisted:

Thanks taalismn, like I said we found it funny as hell (still do to this day) we even said we would humiliate him further by making him carry us like a real horse. It was a funny threat to use on people.
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

I would never play it but asways liked the idea of a flooper turned bad, basically an assassin.
Looonatic
Adventurer

Unread post by Looonatic »

A Gurkha Cosmoknight with a pair of Cosmic Kukris.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/362/gurkhas.jpg
--The more powerful you are, the less tacos you get.--
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Ogre gladiator called Crush who had his own name written backwards on a plate then rivited to his head.

His signiture move was the headbutt so he could imprint his name into people's skulls.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20

Return to “Rifts®”