Hope for Splicers with Kickstarter?

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

89er
Adventurer

Hope for Splicers with Kickstarter?

Unread post by 89er »

With the rousing funding of Robotech Tactics, this may be our chance to get attention for Splicers. Using Kickstarter, we could gain funding for bigger or more books, attention to Splicers as a front row seat.

I hope you here this Palladium Books, The Splice must fund.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Re: Hope for Splicers with Kickstarter?

Unread post by Shark_Force »

first step is that kevin would have to find someone to contract all the heavy lifting out to, basically. the robotech kickstarter works because palladium is in charge of approval, and i think marketing and distribution. which is not to say that they are not doing *anything* other than that (we know, for example, that kevin did some playtesting), but it is to say that it allows the product to be made in that time frame because kevin isn't writing, editing, and designing everything.

but sure, if there was someone else that kevin trusted to do all that stuff for splicers books (and that person has time, and is willing), there could theoretically be a kickstarter that would get us splicers books a lot sooner.

that said, i think most of the people kevin knows and trusts to write and edit RPG books are already doing just that.
Jedrious
Adventurer

Unread post by Jedrious »

Actually, I would love to see Splicertech in its own miniatures game, Have different heads for each metabolism, interchangeable bits for each bio-enhancement, etc
Warmaster40k
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Warmaster40k »

Rifts or Palladium Fantasy would get a minigame first
I am the Omega, I am the thread killer, my post is death.
Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Premier »

Jedrious wrote:Actually, I would love to see Splicertech in its own miniatures game, Have different heads for each metabolism, interchangeable bits for each bio-enhancement, etc

Please don't think for one minute that I haven't mentioned such ideas to Kevin already. A Carnivore HA pack with interchangeable heads, arms and legs and so on to build for Dreadguards and Roughnecks, and certainly a prized pack of Gore hounds and custom built Biotics, whew... Splicer would be perfect for a mini game. It already has the blood feuding warring, NEXUS, Great Houses, TJs, and Reserve creatures are awesome factions to build a mini game on.

The ideas are seriously flowing. When the Robotech Tactics Kickstarter launched, I was already thinking of how Splicers could be done. The more Kevin hears about the demand of this game line period, the more his gears will turn.

Yeah Sure..., Rifts and PB Fantasy are PB's popular titles, but they both would also encompass and require a GREAT deal more of rule hashing and editing. IMO, Splicers is a game that is straight forward for most part and has very few similarities as to competitive comparisons.
Last edited by Premier on Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jedrious
Adventurer

Premier wrote:
Jedrious wrote:Actually, I would love to see Splicertech in its own miniatures game, Have different heads for each metabolism, interchangeable bits for each bio-enhancement, etc

Please don't think for one minute that I haven't mentioned such ideas to Kevin already. A Carnivore HA pack with interchangeable heads, arms and legs and so on to build for Dreadguards and Roughnecks, and certainly a prized pack of Gore hounds and custom built Biotics, whew... Splicer would be perfect for a mini game. It already has the blood feuding warring, NEXUS, Great Houses, TJs, and Reserve creatures are awesome factions to build a mini game on.

The ideas are seriously flowing. When the Robotech Tactics Kickstarter launched, I was already thinking of how Splicers could be done. The more Kevin hears about eh demand of this game line period, the more his gears will turn.

Yeah Sure..., Rifts and PB Fantasy are PB's popular titles, but they both would also encompass and require a GREAT deal more of rule hashing and editing. IMO, Splicers is a game that is straight forward for most part and has very few similarities as to competitive comparisons.

You forgot: "and is cooler"
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

Premier wrote:

The ideas are seriously flowing. When the Robotech Tactics Kickstarter launched, I was already thinking of how Splicers could be done. The more Kevin hears about eh demand of this game line period, the more his gears will turn.

:shock: That would be sooooooooo cool!!!!! :shock:
The Dragon Has Spoken
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

i imagine it would take a lot of modding to properly run splicers, though.
Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Premier »

Jedrious wrote:
Premier wrote:

Can I actually say that out loud? ;)
Jedrious
Adventurer

Premier wrote:
Jedrious wrote:
Premier wrote:

Can I actually say that out loud? ;)

Often!

Return to “Splicers®”