Any weather control/immune to knockback powers?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Cyber-Knight
Dungeon Crawler

Any weather control/immune to knockback powers?

Unread post by Cyber-Knight »

I was wondering, are there any books which features any powers which grant the following ability?

1) Weather Control (The closest I've seen is Control Elemental Force: Air in the main book, and it's pretty weak).

2) Immunity to Knockback

If so, could you point me to which books I can find powers which accomplish any of those effects? Thanks.
MIAMI, FL: Player Looking For a Game.
Long Shadow
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Any weather control/immune to knockback powers?

Unread post by Long Shadow »

Cyber-Knight wrote:I was wondering, are there any books which features any powers which grant the following ability?

1) Weather Control (The closest I've seen is Control Elemental Force: Air in the main book, and it's pretty weak).

2) Immunity to Knockback

If so, could you point me to which books I can find powers which accomplish any of those effects? Thanks.

There was an official super power, Weather Control, in one if the Swimsuit Rifters, probably #39
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Weather Control as an OFFICIAL power was added in a swimsuit edition of the Rifter... I dont recall the power.

Immune to Knockback - The power "Immovability" in Powers Unlimited 1. Depending on the source of the "knockback", Immune to High Speed Kinetic Attacks [PU3] or Immune to Melee Attacks [PU3] come to mind. There are others if you are creative with the use of the power.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

NMI wrote:Weather Control as an OFFICIAL power was added in a swimsuit edition of the Rifter... I dont recall the power.

Immune to Knockback - The power "Immovability" in Powers Unlimited 1. Depending on the source of the "knockback", Immune to High Speed Kinetic Attacks [PU3] or Immune to Melee Attacks [PU3] come to mind. There are others if you are creative with the use of the power.

Once again NMI is corrected. The Weather power is an official Major One one created by
Palladium's Julius Rosenstein. Very oriented toward weather control and not a very offensive power
like Control Elemental Force Air. Kind of like Rainstorm from Powers 3. Still I'd say useful enough to
be put in a manuscript to make it truly official ;).
Mediapig71
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mediapig71 »

I'd love to see that... can anyone confirm which Rifter # it was in?
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

APS: Liquid is sort of immune to knockback. Punches and such won't send you back, but explosions will splatter you which, depending on the situation, will be more or less annoying than being knocked back.

--flatline
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Mediapig71 wrote:I'd love to see that... can anyone confirm which Rifter # it was in?

Rifter #39. Its a swim suit issue. Lock for Storm Witch

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”