The Next Major Event In Rifts

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SmilingJack
Megaversal® Ambassador

The Next Major Event In Rifts

Unread post by SmilingJack »

With the Tolkeen War having long concluded, the world of Rifts earth has settled into the traditional conflicts that mark the various regions of the world.

with that being said, what do you feel should be the next cataclysmic conflict or problem that begins to emerge on Rifts earth

Should Lazlo and The Coalition finally face off

should the NGR and Triax finally have their showdown with the gargoyle nation

Should the Xiticix or vampire nations of Mexico, overrun North America

Do the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse finally conquer Africa

or do you have a conflict in mind that hasn't even been considered yet

What is the next major event that you want to see on Rifts earth
And why
~ Love Conquers All ~
Ectoplasmic Bidet
Hero

Re: The Next Major Event In Rifts

Unread post by Ectoplasmic Bidet »

As much as they've been hyped as an extinction level threat, the Xiticix must be addressed in a major way if time is moved forward. The timeline for their population growth is such that North America will be lost in only a couple decades without outside interference.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

The Flooper Invasion.
We finally see the true evil behind these aliens' happy-go-lucky exteriors and learn the truth of what 'floop-floop-floop!' REALLY means.
Last edited by taalismn on Fri May 31, 2013 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Well, we already know what the next major event will be: the megaverse in flames book is coming out.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

I'm kinda thinking it would nice to have some nice alien-on-monster action where humans are just caught in the middle. Such as a group of mages "arranging" for the Megaverse in Flames to drop on top the Xiticix.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Triax/NGR showdown with the garg's already went down. Operation Sea Storm in Triax2.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

Please, please, please don't advance the time line any further.

Nothing good can come of it.

--flatline
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

flatline wrote:Please, please, please don't advance the time line any further.

Nothing good can come of it.

--flatline

While I agree, i've had enough of charging at that particular windmill in other threads :)
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Ravenwing
Hero
Comment: Chaplain of the CS.

Unread post by Ravenwing »

The minion war. We're playing it out now in my campaign. So far, Chi-towns under siege, half the City-State is infested with demons, the burbs are gone, Prosek is dead, Lil' Joe( the new Emperer) is holed up in the Lone Star Complex, Lazlo burns it's people already taken to be processed in the Foundries, the Fed of magic is engulfed by civil war with half the Feds aligning with the Demons, and the other half(lead by Dunscun) tries to hold the crumbling Feds together. Free Quebec is under siege and worse off then Chi-town. Kingsdale, New Lazlo and Merc Town are swollen with refugee's. The Pecos Empire is under siege by Atlantis as Ole' Splynnie uses Texas as a landing zone for millions of Kittani and Kadian troops. The Bugs are a complete none issue at this point as the Demons of Hades have reaped them all to power the Soulmancy factories in what was once Tolkeen.

And that was the entire point of the invasion of NA by Hades, resources. The Demons need Souls, PPE, and other resources to mass produce their new toys, and NA was chosen to be that place. Course so was Europe. Triax burns ( 65% causality rates), the Gargoyles are made to serve the Demon Lords again, the Brodkil are just more resources for Soulmancy.

In NA, the demons invaded using cults of witches and shifters, and emerging from the Rifts at Detroit, St.Louis, Green Bay, and Old Chicago. So far the Players are running around trying to slow or destroy the leaders of the Demon Armies, but it's rough since the Demon Princess in charge of the invasion is an Ancient Nightstalker Dragon.
Blunt like a Warhammer to the face!

Akashic Soldier is my hero!
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

taalismn wrote:The Flooper Invasion.
We finally see the true evil behind these aliens' happy-go-lucky exteriors and learn the truth of what 'floop-floop-floop!' REALLY means.

Wait... how'd you find out about the Floopocolypse!?
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Unread post by Subjugator »

After Megaverse in Flames is done, I think Pestilence is still sneaking around out there, and when the disease is created for the Xiticix, he might enhance it or have it jump species.

/Sub
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Subjugator wrote:After Megaverse in Flames is done, I think Pestilence is still sneaking around out there, and when the disease is created for the Xiticix, he might enhance it or have it jump species.

/Sub

Why would Pestilience even know about the xitixic? it's in africa with no reason at all to go to north america?

Dunia
Adventurer

Unread post by Dunia »

I would like the storyline to advance a few years after the Megaversal in Flames-book.

Lazlo is crumbling from the inside in the aftermath of the Demon/Devil War and how it will fall to criminal syndicates with its high crime-rate and Tolkeen Retribution Squads (as well as having said people being secretly being funded by Coalition Sates, Unity and Free Quebec.

Coalition States will after hey save North America need to rebuild ye again and their expansion is halted for quite a while, but more border villages and small owns along the edges of CS space will apply for membership in the Coalition.

Unity will annex New Hope and other small villages along the north shore of Lake Otairo and apply to become a new Coalition State.

Kingsdale & Whykin war (More things to do for mercenaries)
Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Unread post by Subjugator »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Subjugator wrote:After Megaverse in Flames is done, I think Pestilence is still sneaking around out there, and when the disease is created for the Xiticix, he might enhance it or have it jump species.

/Sub

Why would Pestilience even know about the xitixic? it's in africa with no reason at all to go to north america?

He wouldn't. He'd know about the disease that is created to kill them...because he'd feel the pulse of a new killer disease.

/Sub
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

Xiticix seem the most plausible target for an event, given the NA focus of the franchise and the timeline (as said above). On a pure wishlist kinda deal...I'd love to see the human empires of North America, South America, Europe, and Africa (sure, they'd basically have to be created since the Africa book.....well anyway), along with Naruni, True Atlanteans, and a gaggle of pissed of Faerie Lords and other assorted slave races from beyond band together to get all Fortress America on Atlantis.

Won't happen....but it'd be fun to see the blood run thick on the golden streets of Splynn.

Hell, maybe even a devil's bargain with Mexico - because that's the worst idea ever, and thus, ideal for this kinda situation.
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Bill »

A new plague sweeps across the planet killing 95%of all males. The swimsuit edition characters take over.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Bill wrote:A new plague sweeps across the planet killing 95%of all males. The swimsuit edition characters take over.

Buwahahahahaha..oh wait...crap... :-? :?
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

I like advancing the timeline. New ideas are great.

Also, I can still ignore the story if want to.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

Alrik Vas wrote:I like advancing the timeline. New ideas are great.

Also, I can still ignore the story if want to.
I agree with this 100%
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

omg, advancing the timeline in other parts of the world? Surely that's just madness! 8-)
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
wyrmraker
Hero

Unread post by wyrmraker »

I would like them to move backwards, as opposed to forwards. Get historical with it. Start at 1 P.A. Ask serious questions like "What were CS soldiers wearing during the Campaign of Blood?", "What is the historical timeline of Lazlo and the other magic states?".
Those sorts of things, I feel, need to be answered. Stop moving forward and provide a proper history of the modern era.
MaxxSterling
Adventurer
Comment: I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum...

Unread post by MaxxSterling »

I'd say, Megaverse in Flames obviously. It's only like 8 years overdue, which I guess technically is on time for palladium. It doesn't matter anyhow, it's already like 114 or 115 P.A. in my game. Any books that come out now would require starting over, so they'll be ignored and not purchased.
Blastaar
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Home of the Xiticix...
Hudsons Wheigh is located near my actual home of Gillam and not Gitlam

Unread post by Blastaar »

wyrmraker wrote:I would like them to move backwards, as opposed to forwards. Get historical with it. Start at 1 P.A. Ask serious questions like "What were CS soldiers wearing during the Campaign of Blood?", "What is the historical timeline of Lazlo and the other magic states?".
Those sorts of things, I feel, need to be answered. Stop moving forward and provide a proper history of the modern era.

Isn't this the setting for Chaos Earth? the beginning of the rifts
Greed is for amateurs. Disorder, chaos, anarchy: now that's fun!
Ravenwing
Hero
Comment: Chaplain of the CS.

Unread post by Ravenwing »

Blastaar wrote:
wyrmraker wrote:I would like them to move backwards, as opposed to forwards. Get historical with it. Start at 1 P.A. Ask serious questions like "What were CS soldiers wearing during the Campaign of Blood?", "What is the historical timeline of Lazlo and the other magic states?".

I hate chaos earth and do my best to pretend that it never was published. Rifts was already wonky before it was released. Afterwards things started getting 'retconned' and that just made it even worse.
Blunt like a Warhammer to the face!

Akashic Soldier is my hero!
wyrmraker
Hero

Unread post by wyrmraker »

Blastaar wrote:

No, not at all. 1 P.A. takes place roughly 200 years after the Time of Chaos. It's the accepted end of the Dark Ages of Man.

That's my whole point. The rifts have finally died down to current levels, the Federation of Magic is in the ruins of Chicago. The Coalition States are just starting up, complete with d-bees and mages in their ranks. The NGR is starting to rebuild factories and retaking their patch of Europe. It's the beginning of the resurgence of civilization. Why not address that era?

The earliest part of the canon Rifts chronology starts around 102 P.A., with the Mechanoid Invasion thanks to Archie-3. I don't know of anything placed earlier than that. So that's a century of fuzzy history. We've got bits and pieces, but nothing concrete, such as what kind of armor Joseph Prosek the First wore.

And as I recall, Chaos Earth is officially considered a different timeline than Rifts, even though nobody really treats it that way.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

DhAkael wrote:
Bill wrote:A new plague sweeps across the planet killing 95%of all males. The swimsuit edition characters take over.

Buwahahahahaha..oh wait...crap... :-? :?

Time to see if there's any gender-changing magic... :bandit:
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Ectoplasmic Bidet
Hero

Ravenwing wrote:
Blastaar wrote:

I hate chaos earth and do my best to pretend that it never was published. Rifts was already wonky before it was released. Afterwards things started getting 'retconned' and that just made it even worse.

How did Chaos Earth conflict with Rifts Earth?
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

Ectoplasmic Bidet wrote:
Ravenwing wrote:
Blastaar wrote:

Personally I feel in chaos earth they pushed moving the remaining NEMA force to the Chicago area to be the foundation of the chi-town, vs rather then it coming together years later. And then add the republicans retcon of the founding of the chi-town, just adds to the mess.
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

SmilingJack wrote:With the Tolkeen War having long concluded, the world of Rifts earth has settled into the traditional conflicts that mark the various regions of the world.

with that being said, what do you feel should be the next cataclysmic conflict or problem that begins to emerge on Rifts earth

Should Lazlo and The Coalition finally face off

should the NGR and Triax finally have their showdown with the gargoyle nation

Should the Xiticix or vampire nations of Mexico, overrun North America

Do the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse finally conquer Africa

or do you have a conflict in mind that hasn't even been considered yet

What is the next major event that you want to see on Rifts earth
And why

I rather have players reshape the world, vs any mega plot.
Just give me the entire equipment list and the tactics each side will use, I can handle the rest.
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Mack
Supreme Being

Unread post by Mack »

Mech-Viper Prime wrote: And then add the republicans retcon of the founding of the chi-town, just adds to the mess.

Hold on a sec. The Republicans only claim to have influenced Chi-Town. The book doesn't say if they actually did or not.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Dunia
Adventurer

Unread post by Dunia »

I agree with Mack.

Just as Al Gore claiming to have invented the Internet. Just because they teach that to their soldiers does not mean that it is true.
It is called Propaganda and to instill a sense that "It is we who gave Chi Town their ability to produce SAMAS by giving them the Chi Town Library, it is our responsability to make it right by ousting the Proseks. We do not attack them or start a war with them, we just save the people from leaders who misused what we gave them. We are just saving them and liberating them"
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Mack wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote: And then add the republicans retcon of the founding of the chi-town, just adds to the mess.

Hold on a sec. The Republicans only claim to have influenced Chi-Town. The book doesn't say if they actually did or not.

True they claim but under operation chi-town coup seems there is some truth to this claim

Mack
Supreme Being

Unread post by Mack »

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
Mack wrote:

True they claim but under operation chi-town coup seems there is some truth to this claim

I agree that they were up to something. I just don't know if they were actually responsible for any real events (minor or major), or simply took credit for events outside of their influence.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Mack wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
Mack wrote:

I agree that they were up to something. I just don't know if they were actually responsible for any real events (minor or major), or simply took credit for events outside of their influence.

Samas's Blue prints being found a public library, it would be like you or I going to a public library and finding blue prints to the new stealth helicopter, then add in Joseph the first never talked about killing the great dunscon, just adds to it.
Now if the republicans had the resources to do all of this, before the altantis forces almost wipe them out, if they had the resources then it could be a possibility, if not then its a baseless claim.

kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:Well, we already know what the next major event will be: the megaverse in flames book is coming out.

Keep the dream alive /snort! Haha just kidding yup the megaverse in flames I think is the next big setup point at least for north america. Given that one future source books is listed as CS heroes of humanity it sounded like the CS plays a big role in fending off the demonic invasion and perhaps mellows out a bit in the process perhaps at least allowing the vanguard back into its good graces.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
Ectoplasmic Bidet wrote:
Ravenwing wrote:
Blastaar wrote:

Personally I feel in chaos earth they pushed moving the remaining NEMA force to the Chicago area to be the foundation of the chi-town, vs rather then it coming together years later. And then add the republicans retcon of the founding of the chi-town, just adds to the mess.

There is no reason it cannot be both. Sure NEMA moved forces to chicago A> because it was far away from the coast B> in about as tectonically stable part of the country they could find given the crazy stuff going on with the coming of the rifts and C> centrally located in the country.

There is no evidence that the nema forces actually become the CS. It is equally likely that the NEMA forces fought bravely and in the end scattered or died. The military bunkers and bases and legends of them led others a century or more later to build enclaves to protect their high tech troves and those enclaves eventually grew to become the CS states.

I also don't see the republicans as being much of a retcon. All they would have had to do is basically point survivors at known bases/depots that may have survived the apocalypse which would be common in an area where NEMA had consolidated forces.
ScottBernard
Explorer

Unread post by ScottBernard »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:Well, we already know what the next major event will be: the megaverse in flames book is coming out.

?????

How can that possibly be the next major event when its the current major event???
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

kaid wrote:There is no reason it cannot be both. Sure NEMA moved forces to chicago A> because it was far away from the coast B> in about as tectonically stable part of the country they could find given the crazy stuff going on with the coming of the rifts and C> centrally located in the country.

There is no evidence that the nema forces actually become the CS. It is equally likely that the NEMA forces fought bravely and in the end scattered or died. The military bunkers and bases and legends of them led others a century or more later to build enclaves to protect their high tech troves and those enclaves eventually grew to become the CS states.

I also don't see the republicans as being much of a retcon. All they would have had to do is basically point survivors at known bases/depots that may have survived the apocalypse which would be common in an area where NEMA had consolidated forces.

Could be, but I feel he wanted to rush the idea that sawyer people turn into chi- town then cs chi-town.
Chi-town at one time had 12 glitter boys now if they were NEMA rebuilds or non NEMA is open to debate, turn add in the claims of them finding the samas blueprint, that were planted by the republicans for them is open to debate as well, but like I said before that is like finding the blueprints of the new stealth copter in the public libary.

Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

I'm wondering if the "Megaverse in flames' Might not "Partially solve" the Xits problem. The Demons and Devils rift onto earth in Northern NA, and they and the Bugs go to war over that area. The minions defeat and kill off most of the bugs at great losses to their own numbers.

Then when the bugs are no longer the pressing problem, the much much much weakened Demons and Devils are set upon by the CS and Lazlo and the Fed, and only due to having lost millions and millions to the Xits, do they eventually lose to the Earth forces.

Which also get trashed and have to go home and lick their own wounds.

PERHAPS... with one of the magic groups saving the CS's hide in the war and making the CS start to re-evaluate their 'Anti magic/anti dbee' mindset. Even if it's just a grass roots thing starting to gain traction.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Ninjabunny wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:I'm wondering if the "Megaverse in flames' Might not "Partially solve" the Xits problem. The Demons and Devils rift onto earth in Northern NA, and they and the Bugs go to war over that area. The minions defeat and kill off most of the bugs at great losses to their own numbers.

Then when the bugs are no longer the pressing problem, the much much much weakened Demons and Devils are set upon by the CS and Lazlo and the Fed, and only due to having lost millions and millions to the Xits, do they eventually lose to the Earth forces.

PERHAPS... with one of the magic groups saving the CS's hide in the war and making the CS start to re-evaluate their 'Anti magic/anti dbee' mindset. Even if it's just a grass roots thing starting to gain traction.

Mmost we could hope for is a more Traix/NGR approach.

Perhaps, but if poppa Prosek died in the war, Young Prosek is a bit more open minded. Could happen.

My main thing was I think the Minions and the Bugs are going to fight each other and weaken both sides, 'before' those on earth Rally to basically push them back/off earth.

I can't think that you can leave the minion war raging, as all the future supplements would need to address it. I think the Megaverse in flames has to have some sort of finality to it, meaning the Demons and Devils have to lose or some how be made to see Rifts earth as unprofitable.

heck those "Megaversal Superpowers" Might step in. The same ones that don't let any one Sploog get TOO much control over the planet? Maybe they swoop in and end the fight.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Ninjabunny wrote:Young Joe is more evil then Papa though, he would exploit it to an evil self "servicing" end.

How is Young Joe more evil than Papa? I know he runs the PR corps but why 'more evil'?

Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Ninjabunny wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Ninjabunny wrote:Young Joe is more evil then Papa though, he would exploit it to an evil self "servicing" end.

How is Young Joe more evil than Papa? I know he runs the PR corps but why 'more evil'?

Updated stats have Karl Miscreant and Joesph Diabolic.. not near my books I shall later post if I recalled correct or not.

I thought he was Aberrant or even unprincipled.

Which books is he found in? I have my books at hand but honestly forget where he's located in them.

Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Ok. CS War Campaign has Joseph Prosek II As Aberrant, pg 215.

Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

I remember him as diabolic too. Think it was in the first sourcebook. If they changed it in CWC that works. I'd rather young Joe have a shred of honor.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
arthurfallz
Wanderer

Unread post by arthurfallz »

I always want to let my players make the moves and decisions in the world. I like the adopt the idea of "Time of Tumult" from Exalted - there is a 10 year span where big events happen, and see how the player characters alter or steer those events. I start my games in 102 P.A. (I use RUE, but I like starting back in classic Rifts timeline).

Then I wonder what they can accomplish?

Really, I don't care what Palladium releases. I like when they have books (like Vampire Kingdoms) that present a looming menace, and leave it up to the GM and players to play through. Not define. It's why I RP.
I reserve the right to change my opinion the moment I am proven wrong; that's called learning.
Ectoplasmic Bidet
Hero

I think it would be nice to maybe devote a Rifter issue to developing several likely, and maybe unlikely, scenarios for the near future of Rifts Earth, both in North America and the rest of the inhabited world.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

ScottBernard wrote:

?????

How can that possibly be the next major event when its the current major event???

It's not the current major event. Megaverse in flames isn't out yet. ;)

Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Pepsi Jedi wrote:I'm wondering if the "Megaverse in flames' Might not "Partially solve" the Xits problem. The Demons and Devils rift onto earth in Northern NA, and they and the Bugs go to war over that area. The minions defeat and kill off most of the bugs at great losses to their own numbers.

I'll be honest. I never saw the xitixic as much of a global threat. a pair of temporal raiders with 4d transformation could wipe them out pretty darn easially. they have 0 defence aginst it. Just have them go 4d, explore until they find the queens chamber, drop off some nukes there, pop back 4d to escape the explosion. Lather, rinse, repeat. with some logistical backing and funding from Lazlo they could have the xitixic exterminated in under a year.

flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:

I'll be honest. I never saw the xitixic as much of a global threat. a pair of temporal raiders with 4d transformation could wipe them out pretty darn easially. they have 0 defence aginst it. Just have them go 4d, explore until they find the queens chamber, drop off some nukes there, pop back 4d to escape the explosion. Lather, rinse, repeat. with some logistical backing and funding from Lazlo they could have the xitixic exterminated in under a year.

How many insanities would they pick up with such flagrant use of 4D Transformation?

--flatline
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

flatline wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

How many insanities would they pick up with such flagrant use of 4D Transformation?

--flatline

Plenty, but several psychics with cure insanity can remove them. you'd need quite a few, sinse each permanent cure requires 2d6 ISP to be permanetly sacrafised, but it's a small cost to pay for elimating the xitixic, and a serious effort by a major power like lazlo could round up a dozen or so volenteers.

Return to “Rifts®”