On wings of fire; Phoenix Force & Prelude to Minion War

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Monkra
D-Bee

Re: On wings of fire; Phoenix Force & Prelude to Minion War

Unread post by Monkra »

"Let's Do This!...that's a Monro...its kind of cute." *Famous last words of Felix contract salver and butterfly hunter*
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

Well guys, how'd it go while I was out of town??? Well I hope!!
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Culture shock, went to Squiddy's shop first (without talking to the proxy ahead of time; bad idea) got marked by an 'Exile', had two Keystone Naruni bots try and collar the crew (the exile "marked" the team to take a fall for something it had stolen) and well... shopping at Naruni Enterprises afterwards.
Details to follow.
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

DhAkael wrote:Culture shock, went to Squiddy's shop first (without talking to the proxy ahead of time; bad idea) got marked by an 'Exile', had two Keystone Naruni bots try and collar the crew (the exile "marked" the team to take a fall for something it had stolen) and well... shopping at Naruni Enterprises afterwards.
Details to follow.

"PAY UP, MEATBAGS, AND PAY UP -NOW-, OR---wait a nanosecond, these aren't the debtors we're looking for! They're paying CUSTOMERS! Uh....this unit offers apologies for twisting your colleague's arms up behind her back, and shaking the other one by the ankles...Say, have you see our blue light specials today?"
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

DhAkael wrote:Culture shock, went to Squiddy's shop first (without talking to the proxy ahead of time; bad idea) got marked by an 'Exile', had two Keystone Naruni bots try and collar the crew (the exile "marked" the team to take a fall for something it had stolen) and well... shopping at Naruni Enterprises afterwards.
Details to follow.
Oh crap! who came up with the idea to circumvent the proxy? lol :?
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:
Details to follow.

"PAY UP, MEATBAGS, AND PAY UP -NOW-, OR---wait a nanosecond, these aren't the debtors we're looking for! They're paying CUSTOMERS! Uh....this unit offers apologies for twisting your colleague's arms up behind her back, and shaking the other one by the ankles...Say, have you see our blue light specials today?"

Pretty much what happend... or almost happend.
Unit #777 slipped on a cooking oil spill (natural 1) and faceslid into a garbage chute beside The Merchant's Concourse while trying to persue Uno-Rez & James "SONIC BOOM" Cormac.
Unit #24601 talked to (and searched & scanned) the VERY obliging Power Armour Pilot, Battle Magus and VBF ace. Having the 'stolen merchnadise' found and handed-over also helped. :D

Jack, Johannes & Tao-Shi were given a stern warning not to be late on any payments to Naruni Enterprises with any possible future purchases and told "Have a nice day."

James & Uno meanwhile were far & gone and going to the meeting they were supposed to do before being side-tracked. :angel:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

Shoulda got a blackmail discount for keeping quiet about seeing the RepoBot slide on the oil and into the waste disposal. That's not exactly shining PR there. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

DhAkael wrote:
taalismn wrote:
Details to follow.

Pretty much what happend... or almost happend.
Unit #777 slipped on a cooking oil spill (natural 1) and faceslid into a garbage chute beside The Merchant's Concourse while trying to persue Uno-Rez & James "SONIC BOOM" Cormac.
Unit #24601 talked to (and searched & scanned) the VERY obliging Power Armour Pilot, Battle Magus and VBF ace. Having the 'stolen merchnadise' found and handed-over also helped. :D

Jack, Johannes & Tao-Shi were given a stern warning not to be late on any payments to Naruni Enterprises with any possible future purchases and told "Have a nice day."

James & Uno meanwhile were far & gone and going to the meeting they were supposed to do before being side-tracked. :angel:
Wow! sorry I missed all that! And hmm, "Sonic boom" I like it! lol. Can Uno keep up with James? I'm curious.
taalismn
Priest

"Actually we're looking at Hartigal for our future armaments needs..." :)
Unit #24601: "....don't tempt me to engage in some brutality, meatbag...."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

The brutality may actually happen. One of the PC's made a copy of the proprietary data crystal the space-monkey had stolen
(P.S.; said space monkey was an Exile...so yeah; HIGH level stuff), thus when the data-crystal gets back to Level 3?

Uteni Overseer ZZ-pluralZed-Alpha-Stroke9; "...I am very disappointed in you unit 24601. Someone made a copy of this data. Roughly 1 minute prior to your retrival of the crystal from...ummm 'Behind waste resceptacle on the Merchants Concourse'. Who did you say lead you to the data storage unit?"

Unit #24601; "...knee-capping will be too lenient for them sur. Should I team up with Units Jimmy 'ice-pick' Sarduchi-9 and Franky "crowbar" Torrio-7?"

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

Neutronium galooshes in space? :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

DhAkael wrote:The brutality may actually happen. One of the PC's made a copy of the proprietary data crystal the space-monkey had stolen
(P.S.; said space monkey was an Exile...so yeah; HIGH level stuff), thus when the data-crystal gets back to Level 3?

Uteni Overseer ZZ-pluralZed-Alpha-Stroke9; "...I am very disappointed in you unit 24601. Someone made a copy of this data. Roughly 1 minute prior to your retrival of the crystal from...ummm 'Behind waste resceptacle on the Merchants Concourse'. Who did you say lead you to the data storage unit?"

Unit #24601; "...knee-capping will be too lenient for them sur. Should I team up with Units Jimmy 'ice-pick' Sarduchi-9 and Franky "crowbar" Torrio-7?"
LMFAO my boys will be on deck next week, bring the mayhem, I think PF and friends can handle it.
taalismn
Priest

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

taalismn wrote:"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."
LMFAO!!! :lol: :lol:
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

Lost Seraph wrote:Cannot get Les Mis out of head.. Everytime I see 24601 I want to break out into song with Look Down.
LOL well at least it's a good musical.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

zzzZZZzzzzZZZzzzzZZZz :sleep:
Huhmuwha? :eek:
...only Wensday... *looks at other threads and never ending petty useless debates* :nh:
...Wake me when it's Sunday.
ZzzzzzzZZZZzzzzzZZZzzzzZ :sleep:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

Lost Seraph wrote:Cannot get Les Mis out of head.. Everytime I see 24601 I want to break out into song with Look Down.

I'm rather fond of 'Master of the House' not so much for its inspirational value, as for its grotesque comedy. Thénardier and his wife are classical 'grotesques' in the same mold as Faulkner's Snopes family; the low-brow scum of the earth who rise to the top by being unrepentant and blatant opportunists.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

“We sure ain’t in Kansas no mo’ Lobo!”
Entering the Straylight-7 space station above Phaseworld was an exercise in culture shock for most of the newer members of Phoenix Force and guests. Like Lazlo, Tolkeen and Kingsdale combined in an ultra-tech shopping-mall styled enclosed environment. James & Felix gawped at the canid, felinoid, reptile, insecta, humanoid and other less classifiable beings milling around them. Rika quickly gave her husband Markus a quick reminder to keep everyone relatively safe and to meet her at the Jovian Area in 2 standard hours (ship-time). At that, Rika stepped up to one of the numerous data-terminals and placing her CIC pendant against a touch plate, was teleported away to where she had business to attend to. For the next 20 minutes the group just stood in the middle of the space-station customs area, only briefly being interrupted in their debate when a helpful 1st stage Promethean came over to give the group the typical visitor run-down on laws and regulations on and near Phaseworld & Center. As Felix almost committed half a dozen cultural faux-pas, Uno-Rez joined the group to take charge of getting the laggards moving down to Center. A quick teleport hop later and they were placed along the Merchants concourse on Center, level 2.

The blue-haired fem was instrumental in preventing a number of possible conflicts from occurring as they sauntered along; letting the nervous James Cormac know that both she and Johannes would ‘have his back’ if things got ugly. Markus Falkon decided that he would be efficient and try to directly speak to “Squiddy”; skipping speaking to any proxy first. As they approached the location listed for Squamato Kekkil Damathui (Re; “Squiddy the fence”) along the concourse, a feeling of foreboding descended upon the group. The contact that Rika had sent them to, his place of business… was a graffiti covered large cargo container, with an old air-lock welded to it for a front door. Despite the sinking sensation, Markus pressed the intercom button on the front and got a very rude pre-recorded message back; in effect telling whoever was at the door to sod-off and make an appointment (in at least 3 trade languages plus Squiddy’s native Monro language). Standing looking gob-smacked at the dead-end, Jack reminded Markus that they were supposed to go and speak to Squiddy’s representative at the Jovian Arena first. When the Chromium Guardsman turned to fire off a rejoinder to the warrant-officer a high-pitched squeaky voice interjected behind the group; asking if they wanted buy any info about the tall long eared guy who was also looking for ‘The Squid’. Turning, everyone was greeted with the sight of a smooth, orange skinned, hairless, bug-eyed and long limbed “monkey”. When they were about to ask what the hell it was talking about, it suddenly spoke very rapidly and loudly, clapping a hand onto James saying;

“Ohlookhowtimeflieshuh?GOTTAGOMYLONGTIMEBESTFRIEND!BYE!”

That was the time the pair of Naruni Repo-Bots turned the corner (and subsequent disappearance of said space-monkey). Uno-Rez recognizing what the two cyborg enforcers were slapped Jack on the back and told him to run, also radioing to the rest to either do the same or to try their best to defuse the situation. As James left in a rooster tail of loose papers and cans (along with a food stalls cooking oil supply for a month) the Repo-bot in pursuit of he and Uno slipped and fell face first on the oil-slick and slid into a garbage cute. The remaining Repo-bot was greeted by Jack, Johannes & Tao-Shi, who very politely assisted the Repo-bot in its duties and allowed for “Voluntary Search & Scan”. Uno radioed the three, saying she had found a data crystal stuck in James Belt loop and had discarded it into a nearby alley (and gave directions; which Johannes then parroted back to the Repo-bot). Not finding what the space-monkey had that the Repo-bots were trying to retrieve, the trio were politely thanked and given 1 free hour at Wonderworld. Shrugging, the group (minus James & Uno; who had run sprinted all the way to the Jovian Arena) regrouped with Felix (Markus, who had followed Uno’s directions to quickly make a copy of the data crystal before ghosting away to ‘Bushido Arms’) and went to Naruni Enterprises shopping district on level 4. to spend some of their hard-earned combat pay, to show “no hard feelings”.

…and October 7th. Isn’t even over yet.
Last edited by DhAkael on Fri May 17, 2013 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

..because it's when the Naruni-owned entertainment venues at WonderWorld are supposedly closed down for 'repairs' that the Repo-Bots go down the water-slides.

#"WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"#
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

DhAkael wrote:“We sure ain’t in Kansas no mo’ Lobo!”
Entering the Straylight-7 space station above Phaseworld was an exercise in culture shock for most of the newer members of Phoenix Force and guests. Like Lazlo, Tolkeen and Kingsdale combined in an ultra-tech shopping-mall styled enclosed environment. James & Felix gawped at the canid, felinoid, reptile, insecta, humanoid and other less classifiable beings milling around them. Rika quickly gave her husband Markus a quick reminder to keep everyone relatively safe and to meet her at the Jovian Area in 2 standard hours (ship-time). At that, Rika stepped up to one of the numerous data-terminals and placing her CIC pendant against a touch plate, was teleported away to where she had business to attend to. For the next 20 minutes the group just stood in the middle of the space-station customs area, only briefly being interrupted in their debate when a helpful 1st stage Promethean came over to give the group the typical visitor run-down on laws and regulations on and near Phaseworld & Center. As Felix almost committed half a dozen cultural faux-pas, Uno-Rez joined the group to take charge of getting the laggards moving down to Center. A quick teleport hop later and they were placed along the Merchants concourse on Center, level 2.

The blue-haired fem was instrumental in preventing a number of possible conflicts from occurring as they sauntered along; letting the nervous James Cormac know that both she and Johannes would ‘have his back’ if things got ugly. Markus Falkon decided that he would be efficient and try to directly speak to “Squiddy”; skipping speaking to any proxy first. As they approached the location listed for Squamato Kekkil Damathui (Re; “Squiddy the fence”) along the concourse, a feeling of foreboding descended upon the group. The contact that Rika had sent them to, his place of business… was a graffiti covered large cargo container, with an old air-lock welded to it for a front door. Despite the sinking sensation, Markus pressed the intercom button on the front and got a very rude pre-recorded message back; in effect telling whoever was at the door to sod-off and make an appointment (in at least 3 trade languages plus Squiddy’s native Monro language). Standing looking gob-smacked at the dead-end, Jack reminded Markus that they were supposed to go and speak to Squiddy’s representative at the Jovian Arena first. When the Chromium Guardsman turned to fire off a rejoinder to the warrant-officer a high-pitched squeaky voice interjected behind the group; asking if they wanted buy any info about the tall long eared guy who was also looking for ‘The Squid’. Turning, everyone was greeted with the sight of a smooth, orange skinned, hairless, bug-eyed and long limbed “monkey”. When they were about to ask what the hell it was talking about, it suddenly spoke very rapidly and loudly, clapping a hand onto James saying;

“Ohlookhowtimeflieshuh?GOTTAGOMYLONGTIMEBESTFRIEND!BYE!”

That was the time the pair of Naruni Repo-Bots turned the corner (and subsequent disappearance of said space-monkey). Uno-Rez recognizing what the two cyborg enforcers were slapped Jack on the back and told him to run, also radioing to the rest to either do the same or to try their best to defuse the situation. As James left in a rooster tail of loose papers and cans (along with a food stalls cooking oil supply for a month) the Repo-bot in pursuit of he and Uno slipped and fell face first on the oil-slick and slid into a garbage cute. The remaining Repo-bot was greeted by Jack, Johannes & Tao-Shi, who very politely assisted the Repo-bot in its duties and allowed for “Voluntary Search & Scan”. Uno radioed the three, saying she had found a data crystal stuck in James Belt loop and had discarded it into a nearby alley (and gave directions; which Johannes then parroted back to the Repo-bot). Not finding what the space-monkey had that the Repo-bots were trying to retrieve, the trio were politely thanked and given 1 free hour at Wonderworld. Shrugging, the group (minus James & Uno; who had run sprinted all the way to the Jovian Arena) regrouped with Felix (Markus, who had followed Uno’s directions to quickly make a copy of the data crystal before ghosting away to ‘Bushido Arms’) and went to Naruni Enterprises shopping district on level 3. to spend some of their hard-earned combat pay, to show “no hard feelings”.

…and October 7th. Isn’t even over yet.
Man! I wish I'd been there. At least we have Naruni Industries off our backs for the time being. Now it sounds like Markus is on his way to see the Oni about help decoding whatever is on the data crystal, Tao-Shi and the guys are off having a good ol time, and Uno and James are trying to meet the contact we were supposed to meet in the first place! LOL
taalismn
Priest

"Well, what's on the data crystal?"
"Patient, you gaijin demon....the encryption on this file is incredibly subtle. Either that, or..."
"Or? Or what?"
"It's a True Naruni family recipe for tollhouse chocolate cookies, or their equivalent..."

Naruni Chocolate Chip Cookies: Taste the Darkness.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

taalismn wrote:"Well, what's on the data crystal?"
"Patient, you gaijin demon....the encryption on this file is incredibly subtle. Either that, or..."
"Or? Or what?"
"It's a True Naruni family recipe for tollhouse chocolate cookies, or their equivalent..."

Naruni Chocolate Chip Cookies: Taste the Darkness.
HA! :lol:
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Oh...if ONLY it were that simple. :demon:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:Oh...if ONLY it were that simple. :demon:

It's the Naruni Family Secret Recipe for Lasagna?

"Layers upon layers, over deeper layers still..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

"Im gonna make them an offer they can't refuse..."
~Shadowy man in dark corner of a dimly lit bar when observing PForce entering the 'Jovian Arena'
Spoiler:
...as he adjusts his Sword of Atlantis and multiple talismans & amulets before paying off his bar tab with a 500k UTC disposable debit.

Leaves of the lotus rise

calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Jack Chriax: RPA Pilot, Killing Machine, Samuel Jackson Impersonator?

Unread post by calto40k »

Time to kill everything and bring hip hop back to middle earth
Member of the Modern Cabal of 24

The stupid it burns it burns us preciouses

We are Legion and we will be heard
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

calto40k wrote:Time to kill everything and bring hip hop back to middle earth
LOL, yeah probably not. If the hint DhAkael gave bears out, Center's #1 guy is about to stick his nose in this.
Last edited by Jay05 on Sun May 19, 2013 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
taalismn
Priest

calto40k wrote:Time to kill everything and bring hip hop back to middle earth

So, skipping "Plan A' and going to 'Plan B' because 'B' is so much cooler?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

:demon: *whistles tunelessly*
Minor Update: Elias [censored] Harkonnen!!!
:shock: :nuke: :eek: :?
Last edited by DhAkael on Mon May 20, 2013 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leaves of the lotus rise

Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

DhAkael wrote::demon: *whistles tunelessly*
Minor Update: Elias [censored] Harkonen!!!

Yes to all of the above, and I freaking KNEW it was Thraxus watching us! But in a way, Seraph was right too because I think he's referring to the lil A hole that PF worked for briefly and saved a bunch of workers while they worked for him. That aforementioned dunghole is connected to my 2nd PC Darius Lupus-Canis, Wolfen Quatoria.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

The more I go back and read 'Hammer of the Forge' (didn't collect the last few eps. as the Rifters they were in SUCKED like black-holes), the more i realize that... DAMN, Harkonnen is one B.A.M.F. and is not someone you want on your tail.
Ever.

Alas, the poor team got sucker punched sold out and shafted by just ONE space monkey / Exile... all cuz they were impatient and decided to "Drop in" on The Finn.
(-psssst- it was actualy 'Squiddy' they tried to drop in on :mrgreen: )
Spoiler:
They're called books kids, read one once in a while... specifically William Gibson's holy trillogy Neuromancer, Count Zero & Mona-Lisa Overdrive. Then you'll get the 'Finn' joke.

Leaves of the lotus rise

Monkra
D-Bee

Unread post by Monkra »

That elf guy wasn't so tough a few well placed grenades, a carpet of adhesion, and couple space station bulkheads and we held true to that age old idiom..."We must fight...to run away." I love it when a plan comes together...all this while wearing an overpriced salmon colored shirt. :? :badbad: :frazz: :-? :ugh: :puke:
calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador

Jay05 wrote:

Yes to all of the above, and I freaking KNEW it was Thraxus watching us! But in a way, Seraph was right too because I think he's referring to the lil A hole that PF worked for briefly and saved a bunch of workers while they worked for him. That aforementioned dunghole is connected to my 2nd PC Darius Lupus-Canis, Wolfen Quatoria.

What what what Darius knows the guy that almost got Jack killed the first time.

calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador

Monkra wrote:That elf guy wasn't so tough a few well placed grenades, a carpet of adhesion, and couple space station bulkheads and we held true to that age old idiom..."We must fight...to run away." I love it when a plan comes together...all this while wearing an overpriced salmon colored shirt. :? :badbad: :frazz: :-? :ugh: :puke:

Told you we would bring hip hop back to middle earth

taalismn
Priest

calto40k wrote:
Monkra wrote:That elf guy wasn't so tough a few well placed grenades, a carpet of adhesion, and couple space station bulkheads and we held true to that age old idiom..."We must fight...to run away." I love it when a plan comes together...all this while wearing an overpriced salmon colored shirt. :? :badbad: :frazz: :-? :ugh: :puke:

Told you we would bring hip hop back to middle earth

Had it ever gone away?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

calto40k wrote:
Jay05 wrote:

What what what Darius knows the guy that almost got Jack killed the first time.
LOL, nope, the friend Darius is looking for worked for the guy who almost got Jack killed and Darius suspects that his friend may have been killed but was probably alive at the time of Jacks near death. In other words we have an enemy in common. :bandit:
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

LOL, wasn't so tough? lol I think our definitions may differ.
calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador

Douchebag PA Pilot and The Wolfen next fall on FOX

DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

"Coming up next; Splynkryths' All my Minions, here on FOX 29"

Leaves of the lotus rise

Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

calto40k wrote:Douchebag PA Pilot and The Wolfen next fall on FOX
LMFAO! you describe your own PC as a douchebag?! But I'll bite, Dbag PA pilot and the Quatoria an action comedy staring Jack and Darius! LOL!
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

DhAkael wrote:"Coming up next; Splynkryths' All my Minions, here on FOX 29"
LOL! yes!
taalismn
Priest

Jay05 wrote:
LOL! yes!

"So much for advanced galactic civilizations communicating great and wise thoughts over interstellar and intergalactic media."
---- :( Carl Sagan XXXIII, Galactic Observer Clone.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

taalismn wrote:
Jay05 wrote:
LOL! yes!

"So much for advanced galactic civilizations communicating great and wise thoughts over interstellar and intergalactic media."
---- :( Carl Sagan XXXIII, Galactic Observer Clone.

LOL, sorry to burst your a Sagan Jr.'s bubbles. LOL
taalismn
Priest

Jay05 wrote:LOL, sorry to burst your a Sagan Jr.'s bubbles. LOL

S'right. The Sagan series tends to be rather disgruntled and disappointed by the general state of galactic affairs in general.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Still no recap.
Been lazy this week.

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:Still no recap.
Been lazy this week.

Understood. Weekend conducive to laziness. Either bad weather forces stay-in, or good weather a get-out.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Bad hair day were declared. :nh:

Leaves of the lotus rise

DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

DhAkael wrote:Bad hair day were declared. :nh:

Update: at least I'll have time to do the recap properly from two weeks ago. :erm:

Leaves of the lotus rise

DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

NEW UPDATE!

“The hated Harkonnen…”

The shopping trips went well (Markus Falkon heading back to Fenris-Darkstar ahead of everyone else). Felix unfortunately only had his boxers on after putting his Mk VII powered exo-armour to the tender mercies of Naruni Enterprises. Making a quick stop at ‘Albacore & Finch Clothiers’ (size small only) the crazy spent far too much of his hard earned credits for a salmon coloured sport shirt, loafers and khaki slacks. Shrugging, he just looped through his shield belt and continued on with the rest. Along the way to the Jovian Arena they met up with both Rika & an ebullient Leena Shidow.

Meanwhile over at the spacer / sports bar, Uno-Rez and James were exchanging histories. The scholar was fascinated at the origins of the mysterious (and mysteriously attractive) gynoid; finally understanding how she could be the daughter of Rika, albeit only mentally / spiritually. The two spent a pleasant time conversing on several topics while waiting for the rest of Phoenix alpha (and guests). They were not alone however in awaiting Rika Hanlah-Falkon. Two tables over, Wolfen Quatoria-cadet Darius Lupus-Canis also wished to meet the NuMan captain, though not for drinks and casual buisness.

He had been given information from his intended life partner, Mara Albus-Luna, information pointing him towards Phoenix Force Alpha as being the last people to have had possible contact with his long lost blood-brother Garreon. Information that placed Garreon in the employ of one Antonio Angraeus-Colk; Altess trust-fund bennefactor, hunter of lost antiquities and possible tomb-raider. Unfortunately the young Wolfen had not quite perfected his shadowing / stakeout skills and was easily “made” by Uno-Rez. The front doors opened, spilling a changing of the bar patrons in & out, along with Rika and her companions.

Before Darius could move to interrogate the NuMan female and her team / crew / entourage, he was politely intercepted and bought a drink by a dark haired, very well dressed male human covered in jewelry and talismans. Darius instantly recognized the man, not even needing to be informed that this individual also had a controlling interest in the bar they were in, and (“Forge slag it and Cerberus gnaw on the Fates”) friends of friends of the man. Darius got the hint to “play nice” and as he turned to thank the man, noticed he had vanished. Phoenix Force was approached by the Quatoria (who thanks to Uno-rez were not shocked) and a terse but polite questioning period occurred. Just as the information that Darius had hoped for came forth (Garreon may have used a pseudonym ‘Garreth’ when in Angraeus-Colk’s employ), that his friend may have survived the ill-fated excavation of Xerxes Beta… an uninvited party-crasher stormed over to the table.
An elf dressed in the Imperial black-on-red of the TGE Invincible Guard.

Not wasting time, the super powered elf tore the bar table in half and reached for Rika saying only “Where is the crystal?” The NuMan fem didn’t bother trying to ask what crystal he was talking about and just leaped into the lighting and video monitor rigging hanging from the bar’s ceiling. Johannes Teufel lashed out with magically enchanted long-knives which utterly failed to leave a mark on the Janissary’s flesh. Even Darius using his hidden palm-blasters and James Cormac slamming into the neigh-invulnerable elf at just under 600mph against the opposite wall did more than annoy him and shatter the imperial battle-plate. Darius finally put two and two together and realized who they were facing; Elias Harkonnen. Fugitive Invincible Guardsman from the Trans-Galactic Empire and murderer of hundreds…and yes; technically invincible. Felix Perez, in nothing more than a light force-field and over-priced metro-sexual attire, cartwheeled forwards, planted two grenades into the collar of the already damaged imperial’s armour and shoved Harkonnen back into the dent in the wall.

All Harkonnen had time to say was; “Frell me…” before being blown completely through the wall into a connecting alley.

Standard tactical retreat maneuver No. 1 was affected; advance to the rear at full sprint. Darius, not wanting to loose his only thread-fine hint of his friend’s whereabouts, offered to meet up with Rika at her space vessel. Rika, knowing that any business on Phaseworld would be postponed for the near future, agreed. A hurried disembarkation from Straylight 7 (just in the nick-of-time, as they pulled away from space-dock, Elias Harkonen could be seen at one of the observation windows in Straylight 7), a quick rendezvous with Darius’ gunship and then… activation of the Fenris-Darkstar’s TW dimensional recall device. An eternal moment later, the Fenris-Darkstar was home on Terra in the embrace of its dry-dock berthing near Rika’s home-away-from-home; hAvEn.

The date is now October 8th, P.A. 109.
Last edited by DhAkael on Fri May 31, 2013 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leaves of the lotus rise

Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

Dang that was close!