Just a quick question...

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

What would I do?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:19 pm

*Take the stuff and sell it to highest bidder; damn the consequences.
28%
*Keep it for myself & try to reverse engineer the data to sell the end PRODUCT; damn the conequences.
11%
*Plant it on someone else (enemy perhaps?) and tip off the bad guys.
33%
*Pray to the gawds to have mercy upon my heathen soul.
28%

Total votes: 18

DhAkael
Knight

Just a quick question...

Unread post by DhAkael »

Taken from the Facecrack PBooks guild page.

Thought experiment;
Is it wise to steal from Naruni Enterprises something THEY stole from a polity which stole it originaly from a completely different dimension?
...also, is it wise to KEEP said stolen property (or a copy therein) and claim ignorance of its existance DESPITE fact of having a psychotic mudering niegh-invulnerable omnicidal elf after your PC's sig-other (thinking he/she has this ill-gotten property)?

Just wondering here.

Thoughts?
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Re: Just a quick question...

Unread post by Marrowlight »

Kinda depends on the what...but in general, if something could be used against us at a later date by our foes, my party operates on the "destroy it rather than sell it" policy. If it's not so dangerous, sell it, and enjoy the consequences!
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

I'd say;
"Too much heat! :? Where'd you say Gen. Lyboc was holing up for the summer? Damn. Okay, how 'bout the regional sales rep for Northern Gun? Exellent! Bastiches cheated me on my 30-day warrenty."
Then proceed to hide it in his/her mail & sit back (under blast-cover) with popcorn to watch the fireworks as the 3-way scrum happens. :demon: :ok: :demon: :ok:

Leaves of the lotus rise

smashed
Wanderer

Unread post by smashed »

DhAkael wrote:Is it wise to steal from Naruni Enterprises ....?

No. If things have progressed past this point already, pray is your only answer.
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Unread post by Drakenred®™© »

DhAkael, next time your in Houson near the Johnson Space flight Center, remember, our "Giant Leap for Mankind" included Steps on the lives of the workers of Mittelbau-Dora.

you left off "Turn the whole mess over to the local athoritys and let them sort things out."
冠双
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

I voted the second option, as that, is what I Jay would do. My characters? #1 would choose option 1 #2 would probably turn it over to his superiors, barring that? Option 3
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

smashed wrote:
DhAkael wrote:Is it wise to steal from Naruni Enterprises ....?

No. If things have progressed past this point already, pray is your only answer.

This.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Unread post by Subjugator »

It depends on how badly you need the money.

"I need this money to save my family!"

Sold!

"I need this money for that new Ferrari!"

Planted!

"I need this money to put new seats in my new Gulfstream! I decided I didn't like the ones that came with it!"

Given back to NE!
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

DhAkael wrote:Taken from the Facecrack PBooks guild page.

Thought experiment;
Is it wise to steal from Naruni Enterprises something THEY stole from a polity which stole it originaly from a completely different dimension?
...also, is it wise to KEEP said stolen property (or a copy therein) and claim ignorance of its existance DESPITE fact of having a psychotic mudering niegh-invulnerable omnicidal elf after your PC's sig-other (thinking he/she has this ill-gotten property)?

Just wondering here.

Thoughts?

You might have a reason to have a couple Audit ships pay a visit to your players.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Drakenred®™© wrote:DhAkael, next time your in Houson near the Johnson Space flight Center, remember, our "Giant Leap for Mankind" included Steps on the lives of the workers of Mittelbau-Dora.

you left off "Turn the whole mess over to the local athoritys and let them sort things out."

Sadly I don't travel south of the 49th.

Leaves of the lotus rise

Return to “Rifts®”