Is this HU 2nd Edition Review any good?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Is this review any good?

Yes, it's awesome!
33%
No, I hate it!
No votes
Average at best.
67%

Total votes: 3

Baron mugwort
Dungeon Crawler

Is this HU 2nd Edition Review any good?

Unread post by Baron mugwort »

This week we review Heroes Unlimited 2nd Edition. We love this game :D

http://www.ding-irl.com/Heroes-Unlimited-Review.html

Please let me know what you think :)

Baron Mugwort
"Baron Mugwort, I think you are the official representative of the intrests of Giants in Rifts. Its a great job (full benefits!)." Argos.

http://www.kingsofrpg.com For all things RPG!
Contribute to the website with your own RPG advice, stories and adventures! barnonmugwort@ding-irl.com
Matt
D-Bee
Comment: Let's all have fun our own way and maybe, if we're lucky, sometimes those ways will intersect.

Re: Is this HU 2nd Edition Review any good?

Unread post by Matt »

I'd fix a lot of those typos and give more detail on the mechanics. Unless it's a problem unique to my copy, I'd also note that there is no explanation of how to parry in the section on combat steps. That was a huge problem for me.
Baron mugwort
Dungeon Crawler

Matt wrote:I'd fix a lot of those typos and give more detail on the mechanics. Unless it's a problem unique to my copy, I'd also note that there is no explanation of how to parry in the section on combat steps. That was a huge problem for me.

Damn typos!!! I will deal with that tomorrow lol thanks for the heads up.

In my copy the parry mechanic is explained on page 63 :) I have the latest copy of the book but there may be a difference in older editions.

I think I should add a paragraph on mechanics, specifically parry now you come to mention it, the parry mechanic makes the combat more engaging than in other games where you just have to beat AC or some set defence number.

Thanks for your time and your comments they really are much appreciated and have been taken on board.
"Baron Mugwort, I think you are the official representative of the intrests of Giants in Rifts. Its a great job (full benefits!)." Argos.

Contribute to the website with your own RPG advice, stories and adventures! barnonmugwort@ding-irl.com
Matt
D-Bee
Comment: Let's all have fun our own way and maybe, if we're lucky, sometimes those ways will intersect.

Unread post by Matt »

The combat rules are, to me, part of the attraction. Giving the defender an opportunity to parry/dodge/entangle feels more like a real fight than games where the attacker just rolls vs. a target number.

I'm also enjoying the idiosyncracies of Palladium. The kinks that haven't been ironed out and the enthusiasm in the writing makes the books more interesting to me than some of the competition's dry, drab, PC writing.
Baron mugwort
Dungeon Crawler

Matt wrote:The combat rules are, to me, part of the attraction. Giving the defender an opportunity to parry/dodge/entangle feels more like a real fight than games where the attacker just rolls vs. a target number.

I'm also enjoying the idiosyncracies of Palladium. The kinks that haven't been ironed out and the enthusiasm in the writing makes the books more interesting to me than some of the competition's dry, drab, PC writing.

I have added a little point about the parry mechanic as I think you are correct it is worth noting :D

Thanks for your time and comments :)

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”