What are the forum's thoughts

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

JTwig
Adventurer
Comment: Molon Labe

What are the forum's thoughts

Unread post by JTwig »

As I've mentioned in a previous post that some might have read, I have a group of Rifts PCs who are tracking down a group foes who had fled to other dimensions. One is a mummy immortus necromancer whose hideout I'm thinking about placing in the Dead Reign setting. My question is, since the zombies in the setting see P.P.E. as "life energy", how would they view the mummy immortus? She is already dead, but as a necromancer she has a significant amount of P.P.E.

My defult of course is that they would recognize her as a fellow dead/undead, and would ignore her. I'm even thinking that they would even instictively show her deference, with acts such as crowds automatically parting as she passes through or backing off if she claims a kill. Despite this I'm not planning on having them automatically follow her commands like slaves, though she will collect a small group of zombies to use as watch-dogs and servants (though she would prefer humans for the later).

Her personality is such that she won't have much respect for death cults, and will have little interest in conquoring more than a small area to use as a hideout and to regroup after being driven into hiding by the PCs. She will also most likely be surprised that the PCs have followed her to this dimension.

Any thoughts on how the zombies would react to her, or any other suggestions are welcome.
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Re: What are the forum's thoughts

Unread post by Thinyser »

Make the zombies go after her too. PPE is PPE and they are not likely to know the difference in source. That is unless you have smart zombies then maybe they would know and leave her alone but that would only be a small % of the the zombies out there so most would attack to feed.
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
CarCrasher
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: What are the forum's thoughts

Unread post by CarCrasher »

I am not familiar with Rifts so I don't know about the mummy immortalus. However from what I have read I would think I agree with relicandcheese. Death priests have more PPE then average joe but don't trigger the dinner bell. So this necromancer I wouldn't think triggers it either. I think also they might be able to command a small amount of the zombies. While not caring for death cults the cults might look upon this necromancer as an extension of the evil god Brulyx and might deign to serve this avatar of their god. So a group of human followers would be handy for it. Just some thoughts I had about the subject.

Return to “Dead Reign™”