Campaign Logs from Regnum - Season 1: The Galvan Necropolis

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

AZ_RUNE
Wanderer
Comment: An amateur practices 'til they get it right, a professional practices 'til they can't get it wrong. - Anon.

Campaign Logs from Regnum - Season 1: The Galvan Necropolis

Unread post by AZ_RUNE »

I will be posting logs from the first campaign I have done for my game on Obsidian Portal "Regnum, Galvan Necropolis". I hope you enjoy them and stop by the site. We were just honored for Campaign of the Month February 2014! We are gearing up for Season 2 in latter half of March.

Enjoy,

AZ_Rune - GM
Last edited by AZ_RUNE on Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
An amateur practices 'til they get it right, a professional practices 'til they can't get it wrong. - Anon.
View my game based on the Heroic Realm of Regnum from Library of Bletherad at "Regnum, Paradise Lost",or even better, become a fan!! Winner Campaign of the Year 2014!
AZ_RUNE
Wanderer
Comment: An amateur practices 'til they get it right, a professional practices 'til they can't get it wrong. - Anon.

Re: Campaign Logs from Regnum - Season 1: The Galvan Necropo

Unread post by AZ_RUNE »

Journal Log 10.0

Very unlikely that fate would show her sliver haired head in such an astonishing way,to leave me almost thought less and buckling at the knees. I guess this deserves a bit more of an explanation. Hoping that you have the time to listen i’ll start from the beginning.

My uncle Zalefore comes to me with a possible solution to a problem that has plagued our family for generations. I, ever the skeptic, seeking for something to turn my wooden heart listen intently as he explains the nature of a our newest transporter and her very mysterious ways of get “victims” away from this, our great empire. To say the least I am intrigued and a bit excited except for I guess having to pretend to be married to my cousin who is a charming girl I’m sure but my cousin none the less. This is the plan outlined by my uncle who I should add has an incredible mind for strategy and if it will help our people at large then I will do it along with whatever else it takes to see our vision into fruition.

Our meeting was very uneventful I opted out of greeting her upon her arrival and was spared the mouth full of Galvanist rhetoric she covered my poor uncles surcoat in. When we did finally make contact in order to discus the plans she was as bubbly and as quick witted with the incestuous remakes that had always kept me so far away from her at court events. I imagined a few of the ways I could dispatch he when it was time to complete my task and a few brought a perverse smile to my face, better for this game of charades that she think me interested in what she had to say. A few hours later we were on our moon lit date upon a one mast schooner racing across the twenty miles of water separating Baydorf from Lavia. We discuss the direction of our families ascension, and she discussed the need to optimize the quality and strengthen the ties of our bloodline, and I thought about how she would truly feel if she knew anything at all about our “bloodline”. The trip was over far sooner than expected though still not soon enough as Zerena’s anti-Galvan hate spill had already began to make me seriously reconsider my earlier thoughts of having no harm come to her through all of this.

Once docked at Lavia it took no time to spot our transporter a midst the boxes and barrels of good to be shipped there was no one else but her, and by the moon did she cut a figure. A flowing silver mane draped perfectly over her elven features ,and we all know how those elven features are, but most striking was the pendent she wore glistening gold inlaid with an opal stone, she truly cut a figure but was far more then that I would come to learn very very soon. Our introduction was short as to say no names exchanged, and really no words except a confirmation that all was in order with the seals on the money bags and the profits of her labor and ominous wind blew causing us all to look around as if the gust it’s self had eyes. I saw no one close enough to be paying us any attention actually the only thing of note was the intense hunger in Zarena’s eyes, it saddened me a bit, and strengthened my resolve she held in her eyes the feeling of the Galvan Empire. The thought that we should not be allowed a chance to live free, and i can’t help but wonder if she knew how would she feel.

Leena offers her hands to us as if to initiate some type of prayer circle, and this is where things began to get strange. The instant I touched her hand time stopped and reality seemed to begin bleeding first one color and then one object in the next all swirling around to be swept up into a pragmatic whirlwind of molecules. As reality began to put itself back together object by object color by color I noticed that we were in a house, a quaint wooded cabin beautiful and homely. While I stood awe-stricken Zarena decided somewhere that this was all just a little bit to much for her and lost her mind blowing her cover, as I had no intention for our greatest hope for my people’s self exile to be arrested I tried to calm her down. If the elf was any other smuggler this fiasco would’ve ultimately spelled her doom. I even wanted to do my elitist cousin in for good with this blunder, why I’m so soft heart-ed with a nature rooted in cold blood is beyond me. Leena put her sleep using a spell and seemed to completely disregard the comments about her arrest that Zarena so graciously divulged, this put me a little on edge but she remained the welcoming host as always. When she led us through the front gate of this daylight manor home, we appeared in an inner courtyard at nighttime in some other location yet again! She spoke with an elven male I would suspect a servant of some sort by the way they interacted up until a pigeon flew down and landed on her arm becoming a letter as she took it in hand I watched her read it it looking for any changes in her face on posture but seeing none. When done she rolled it back up and continued to converse with he male elf once he had walked off she offered me tea. At this point I began to rabble about Zarena’s comments but caught myself deciding privacy was best for this story and she offered to get rid of Zarena. After those arrangements were made I received a pigeon just as Leena had and once I began reading it knew that both were from my uncle which lightened the weight on my shoulders allowing me to easily explain the plight of my kinsmen to Leena. Through the conversation she was made aware of a few important facts about werekin and ultimately decided that we’re worth her time. I was certain after seeing her display of magic that she could do it, that she could create a plain of existence all her own as beautiful as she and twice a breath taking and mysterious was a testament to that and had left me weak at the knees, no easy feat. We decided to stay on her island to further discuss our deal, my uncle will be pleased to hear about this all and to meet her.

Zhatist
The Inspector
An amateur practices 'til they get it right, a professional practices 'til they can't get it wrong. - Anon.
View my game based on the Heroic Realm of Regnum from Library of Bletherad at "Regnum, Paradise Lost",or even better, become a fan!! Winner Campaign of the Year 2014!
AZ_RUNE
Wanderer

Unread post by AZ_RUNE »

Gazing in the darkness <<=== This is a log from the bad guys

Drip

The magic user steps forward from the dull dark red glow of the portal.

Drip

Each step the magic user makes on the tile roof leaves a crimson, glistening footprint in the bright moonlight of two moons in full shape.

Drip

The magic user looks down across the street of the small town into the courtyard of the mage that had come to be known as the Gray Lady in merchant circles. It was said with a whiff of smoke and she and your cargo would be from Berkay to Daedala in one hour!!!

Drip

Now she hosted a Galvan Blood Inspector in her home, this was the reason for the magic user’s arrival.

Drip

Small rivulets of sanguine saturation ran down the bare flesh of the magic user and began to fall off the roof top.

Drip

The magic user removed a ceramic canteen from the bandoleer they had been wearing. The magic user uncorked it carefully as it was covered in the vitae as magic user was. Steam, hot frothy steam with light pink bubbles issued forth from the mouth of the canteen.

Drip

The magic user drank the steaming liquid and could not stifle a giggle as they burned their mouth.

Drip

The lightly cloudy night cleared just enough to let the moonlight caress the skin of the magic user as they watch and listened with their Bloodhawk familiar perched in a nearby tree. Seeing through its eyes and reading lips. Their naked form slicked in blood and adorned only with items needed for their craft.

Drip

The wounds on their body closed and look as though a knife has never cut that flesh, that flesh which had been torn asunder a 100 times before!

Drip

When the magic user has seen what it will see, the Bloodhawk returns. It draws the most intimate tool the bloodworker knows across its skin, Khūna – the bronze ritual dagger of the blood mage, across its blood slick bare flesh. The brozne edge has seen more of the magic user’s skin than the lofty, expensive whores of a Skyfast brothel.

Drip

With slow precision it draws the dark reddish metal edge from its right nipple to sternum opening the red channel that magic flows forth from.

Drip

Chanting softly, the magic user takes a thumb and flings fresh sanguine vitae into the night air. Where it hangs and begins to spin once more creating a portal, a portal made of blood!

Drip

As the magic user steps through the sound of bones scrapping the floor on the other side can be heard and a voice.

“Were you seen?”

“No mi’lord, you were right about…”

The portal closes.

Drip
AZ_RUNE
Wanderer

Unread post by AZ_RUNE »

Just keep breathing

======================

Savina looked at the book.

The things she had seen, far from the days of a baker’s daughter in the Free Islands, she had seen wonders she had only heard from a bard’s tongue in smoke-filled taverns, or in one of those trashy romance novels her father hated the prissy pants of the Green Isles for.

Some things you can’t unlearn.

Touching the book she could feel its consuming nature and seductive power. Life & Death had been hers to command and she had helped saved lives in rural Galvan Republic! That life had to be behind her now. She had been studying new spell theories for the last 2 years and her master had pronounced her a Wizard! She was a forgiven Necromancer, in exchange for service and time to the Guardians of the Accord.

She was brought before a panel of wizards, warriors, and working tradesmen of Baalgor Island. They queried her for days and broke the spells binding her thoughts. The pain of it had nearly destroyed her. In the end though she was now free and she still had her magic.

The book and the magic was her drug and her cure.

She wrapped it up and tucked it away in her room as a reminder.

“I am better than this, better than you!”

She could feel HIM mocking her.

She closed the door behind her on the way out her mission awaited.
AZ_RUNE
Wanderer

Unread post by AZ_RUNE »

When Kings worry

====================

I was standing before the ruler of the Galvan Republic, Lord High Prefect – Heinrich VonSilber Galidorf, his brother the Franz VonSilber Rhinefelden – Devan of the Church of Dualism was standing next to him. My great uncle had just past from this world and the heads of state had requested my leave to come home and settle my families affairs. I was given 6 months to set the affairs in order then report for duty in the Galvan Republic and await my next assignment.

It only took a week to make it home from Sussuria via Elven airship and it was a special character by the Royal Family of Galvan, ominous. Now the Lord Prefect handed me the journal of my great uncle, the reason I joined the Guardians in the first place and he spoke to me, ‘’Ser Gerald VonIgnus Warhiethaus had been a Guardian for 50 years serving in 6 empires on behalf of the Accord. He had earned the title of Warrior and the sword ’’Ice-Lance’’ defending the Ursen from the Ice Dragon known as White Death. When he heard his grand child had gone missing he requested the time to try and find her. It took two years but he tracked down a Necromancer selling children to demons in exchange for exotic body parts!

As though that had been enough what he wrote in his journal was worse."

I could not believe what I was hearing so I took the book and read the passage.

It was the month of Angra I was deep in the dark, forests north of Badenfeld when I found her. I entered a wooden manor with three smaller fields around it. I had to move quietly because I noticed that the scarecrows hung on posts were not stuffed hay, but bones!! I had just entered the realm of a necromancer! I left most of my armor outside by an opened window, I needed to be quiet because sound attracts the dead for reasons I don’t understand.

With Ice-Lance in hand I crept inside and was forced to behead an acolyte that ran me lest he sound an alarm. Then I saw that this was no mage but an apprentice necromancer, a boy! Judging from his hair color he came from Vilgard or some other human settlement in the other empires. The sonofabitch was using children!

I headed downstairs when I got near a staircase and heard chanting below. I arrived at the arch in time to see children bound in sacrifice on three altars and one of them was my grand daughter!

NASU! NASU! NASU!

As I charged forward the daggers dropped! I grabbed the ‘Light of Ameretat’ from my pouch and utter the prayer activating it! The light poured forth from the ironbound crystal and the etched holy symbol of Ameretat burned all those its shadow touched that were evil. I was not fast enough to save my grand daughter. Not having time to weep I gathered her body and freed the other children I found. One of the necromancer acolytes was unaffected by the light. This one might be redeemable, so I brought her along.

We burned the manor and she commanded the skeletons to stop and leap into the fire. I told her she was going to Baalgor Island for trial and her fate. She seemed relieved by the news that it would be over soon she was starting to question her path in life. Savina was her name. During the next year she was allowed to live and another mage took her on to train her as an apprentice. She had come from the Free Islands, a baker’s family. I thought it might be a longshot but I did some digging and she is a cousin from the side of the family that left during the Vilgard Sedition! I must tell young Magnus to watch over her. She may be thousands of years removed from the blood but she has no one left who can grasp her situation and still do what’s right by the youngling.’’

When I looked up Devan Rhinefelder handed me my great uncle’s sword, Ice-Lance! They asked me to meet up with Savina in Tristine and then come home and find out all we could about the Necromancer.

I told them I would not let them down.

From the Journal of Ser Magnus VonIgnus Warhiet
AZ_RUNE
Wanderer

Unread post by AZ_RUNE »

In Nasu we trust! <=== Another bad guy log

=======

When Devan Rhinefelden bid his brother farewell the morning after they had met with Ser Magnus regarding the reports of his uncle. While it seemed they had made the correct call Franz had been angry with his brother Heinrich over waiting as long as he did before alerting him so they could make the call to request Guardian aid and have the good knight laid to rest.

That morning his cough had gotten worse, so he called for his medic, Behdin (a priest title for either sex in the faith of Dualism) Worgenmas, the tea he made for him always made the cough go away. Now he was up to needing it every 6 weeks, vastly improved from a year ago. Many people wondered why the “Death Behdin” was called to serve the Devan. However, it was Behdin Worgenmas that taught the Devan about plants that could hurt and poison a demon when mixed correctly. He showed him studies he had done with caught witches, and while sickening, this Behdin had produced more antidote cures for poison than Scholars in all of Rhinefelden!

“Worgenmas, how do you feel about your God being behind the slayings of children,” asked the Devan?

‘’Holy Devan, my god deals with the sickening aspects of death to be sure, however, he never said to kill people before their time. He wants the souls of the diseased, sick, and the ill brought to him via death but never asked for their slaughter. That type of work belongs to Aeshma and the killers, warriors, and mercenary wizards that follow his bloody devotions.’’

“Your words ring true, would your lord grant power to a devoted necromancer,” queried the Devan once more?

‘’ This will always be a possible outcome of faithful interaction with the divine holy Devan. I suspect it would be difficult for a necromancer to know if it was the lord of unholy death, Nasu, himself, a Demonic or Deeval force mimicking my dread lord, or further yet the Lord of evil and all lies, great and terrible Ahriman. All I know for certain in this world is I believe in Nasu for death eventually will claim us all, but if I study and understand as much as I can. Then maybe, just maybe, I can hold it back and give those I minister to a full life and a painless passing when that is the only option left.’’

“Thank you for the tea, Behdin, would you let everyone know we are leaving for the next city,” asked the Devan?

Behdin Worgenmas bowed and left the Devan to pack and collect his thoughts. So far every attempt to poison the Devan has failed and he has recovered faster each time as though he were developing an immunity to poison? His “Galvan Blood” was amazing if this was an unknown property that was developing!

After he had busied everyone with their tasks he scrawled a quick note.

This plan is unsuccessful. Proceed with the Archive acquisition options, all. The staff must be found I stand ready to serve.
After the ink had dried he removed a scroll and read it, as it burned up a greyish pigeon appeared from the ashes with a tube on its leg. The Behdin affixed the note and let it go out the window…
…WHOOOSSSHHH!!

The Behdin return to help with preparations for the travel to the next stop on the Devan’s tour.
AZ_RUNE
Wanderer

Unread post by AZ_RUNE »

Journal Entry 2

==============

I know that I left my last entry off at a strange spot. It has been difficult to find time to compose lately, especially with the most recent developments.

Zhatist and I had sent Zarena off with one of my most trusted servants Cara, and then we were served a meal, made by my astral servant Ina and brought to us by Cara’s son Brom, it was a lovely meal with items that had just been picked from the garden. The corn is very fresh right now, and the chowder that she made was one of her best yet. We talked long into the night and then returned to my realm for a bit to rest for the evening.

We returned to my manor the next morning so that we could decide together what our next move would be. During this time, Elijah passed through with his most recent shipment. He was using our shared caravan, so I’m sure the transaction will be quite profitable for us.

After Elijah passed through, I was handed an odd note by Brom. Well, I got the note after distracting Rascal. Apparently, he thought the note was his, because it had a red seal, and red is his favorite color. Actually, all of the colors are his favorite, but red is his current preference. Young Brom distracted him with a shiny apple and I was finally able to read the note in peace.

It was rather cryptic. Inside it stated that they had the girl, and Cara’s finger was inside. This made me heart so sad, as Cara has always served me and my brothers well. The note said that we had three days to go to Tristine, and retrieve something for them from the Archives. Zahtist is expected to go with me.

Sadly, I knew I was in over my head, and needed help. I was able to contact Elijah before he left with his shipment and I was able to explain the situation to him. Needless to say, he was not happy as the potential detriment to our business and livelihood is now great. He also said to not transport any other people for less than 10,000 gold each. I still have so much to learn about this business. Elijah wanted proof and made Zhatist change for him into his snake form and while similar to the Yin Lords, there are enough differences to be distinct, namely in the face.

Elijah will help us, but I don’t know what faces us in Tristine, nor what our next step is. I only hope that Cara is safe – and I suppose I hope Zarena is safe too. It’s not her fault that she does not have a unique thought in her head, after all.

Until Next Time,
Leena
AZ_RUNE
Wanderer

Unread post by AZ_RUNE »

Tree of the Emerald Isle

==============

Dear Guardian Salazar,
What can one say when they are sitting on the deck in night sky and you look over starboard, or was it port side and see Tristine and the Great Tree of Life in its center!

I’m a creature of magic and metal and I am in awe!!!

It rivals the Golden Tower on Baalgor in beauty and power! My faint memories of the Galvan Republic don’t even touch how my soul feels seeing this symbol of everything I now stand for after being saved. Thank you for sending me here to begin my mission and meet my distant cousin!

There are millions of people!!! I can see the 7 ley lines that converge at the Great Tree of Life! The city appears to be divided by them and because it’s night they glow a bluish white! Some make it out to the water and ships seem to have crewman with looking glasses that see the ley lines! They guide them into harbor till dockers for water and ships use weighted ropes to help tie off and guide them in.

I am told I have a week till my cousin reaches here. The city awaits me and I am trying to take it all in! The lights, sounds, the people so happy, friendly, wow!!!

I saw a Shirn swordsman (he had spots I forget which one that is) with his huge, circular orb-blades get in a duel with an Elf and his sword as big as the Shirn!

Swoooosh!!!!!
CLANG!!

These sounds hang in the air like gongs of the Pyramids of the Arch in Yin-Drakkos! A leg sweep, a hook with a crossguard, flip, spin, another kick, oh these two are masters of there arts!!! They are both two of the fabled lone demon hunters, the Martial Sai! Only such skill can even allow them a chance against the foul beasts of darkness, I should know. They go on for 3 minutes and break neither having landed a single blow on the OTHER! They salute each other and I buy them both a shot of Elf spiced wine! Once they finish they bow to me and walk away in opposite directions.

In the distance I can see an Ursen and Elves leading a prayer march to the great tree. Druids!!!!!

I promise to write more but the night is dark yet full of wonder!

Your student,
Savina
AZ_RUNE
Wanderer

Unread post by AZ_RUNE »

Hi I'm your Cousin

===================

I have no idea how to introduce myself to my very distant cousin. If my uncle’s letters are correct she was a necromancer, what do I say?

“Hi there make any friends, er not dead ones…”

Oh this meeting is going to crash like a burning Arudanni!

My uncle served the Guardians of the Accord till his heart gave out last year. Only those needing airship travel typically find the money, merchants or nobles to pay the Elves or a mage to fly them somewhere. My uncle used to tell me stories when quills never ran out of ink now you need to recharge them twice a year. Here I am with passage vouchers from the King of the Galvan Republic to Daerfast and then Tristine. I have never seen a “Skyfasts” in person befor………………….

OH MY MAZDA!

I swear by Asha that I never seen anything so magnificent in all my years! There is a giant ring extending out from a city for air ships and the Arudanni to dock and land! From there you grab the rail or take a quick trip off the ring several miles to the land-side below. There are disc transports for cargo and large parties from what I can see and just amazing! I can see why the wealthy come here among the clouds. Above is a sketch I am trying (see pic) of what I saw from the boat.

Wandering the streets on the way to the Guardians Chapterhouse, I saw a Skyfast brothel I had heard about for quite some time and the girls are beyond amazing for all the other races, and some are almost as pretty as the girls in Galvan!

It didn’t take to long to make it to the upper areas with the Avandanti Temple to Garuda, and next to it was the Guardian Chapterhouse. I met with the head of the first Echelon detachment, and Arudanni name Commander Lyphan. When I gave him my orders he said to bunk down and apprise him of the situation after evening food and prayer. We had a long discussion about dark magics, surface towns, what I wanted out of my career with the Guardians, and stay away from the brothels and women of choice demeanor. While to do not profess the faith of the path seekers I did bow my head when he offered prayer to his gods. It appeared to be the respectful thing one might do and we had our discussion wrapped up and I thanked him for some insights. We bid each other good night and I fall asleep tonight on a down bed among the clouds!

Tomorrow I am going to go look at the three floating towers near the mountains.

From the Journal of Ser Magnus VonIgnus Warhiet
AZ_RUNE
Wanderer

Unread post by AZ_RUNE »

Journal Entry 3

=============

Well finding time to write is not getting easier.

I am so proud of my sibling, after giving me proper lecture about Cara and this Malum Sculptori character, he made sure everyone could hear that our employee’s were family and we leave no one behind. Parvati be grateful to my sibling. For he loves you and your family on high so much. Well off we headed toward Krill on our company vessel and baring that reef we came close to hitting is was very smooth sailing.

Rascal tried to sleep with the crew in the crows nest but kept scaring the worker up there so I lured him into the Elijah’s cabin, he’s so cute when he’s mischievous.

I am hoping that Eli will be able to make up some of the time that was lost by taking us to Krill. If this doesn’t happen, then he will definitely lose his bonus. I know Zhatist feels terrible about that, but in the end, we did the right thing, and that’s what is really important.

Once in Krill, we looked for a summoner that could help us with transport. They do things a little differently in Krill. The cost is 10 marks to obtain list of registered summoners. However, once a deal is made between all chosen parties, the list will combust. I guess this is how they prevent racketeering.

We decide to use a gentleman by the name of Aenor, because his name looked vaguely familiar to me. When we arrive at his place, he immediately recognizes me, but is less than thrilled at my presence. Our company has reduced his business by 2/3! I had never thought before the impact of our international trading before I was faced with the consequences of a global business.

Despite his reservations, Aenor agreed to transport us for 65,000 Marques, and an extra 5,000 to transport to a house directly. He offered a discount, but I decline out of guilt. We arranged to travel to a mage’s house directly, but it would be an hour to notify him via pigeon and another for a response. We agreed to return once a page had notified us. Aenor thanked me for being kinder than he remembered, which I thought was odd. I must talk with Eli about a possible contract that we could arrange with the summoner. Maybe we can get part of his business back.

We decided to pass the time at a local restaurant, called “Gone Krillin”, where Rascal proceeded to “clean” his fish in a water bowl. He made rather a mess of his dinner, but seemed pleased with himself, nonetheless.

After we teleported, I opened my eyes and found myself in front of the glorious tree. I was wondering how on Regnum I would ever find this staff, when I saw it in a distance. It was in the hand of a woman, who was traveling with a male.

Zhatist and I decided to use Rascal as a means to approach them. He darted in front of them and the male (who I learned is named Magnus) asked if anyone had lost a pet. As we were approaching them, a bird man dove down and snatched the staff from the female (who is Savina). She screamed “no” before taking a prayer stance.

I looked up as the bird man crashed to the ground, his arms and wings singed and sizzling. Zhatist picked up the staff, and immediately had an odd look on his face. He walked the staff back to the lady with an apology.

While this was occurring, Magnus destroyed the other bird man. I grabbed the last of the three with a sticky carpet spell I don’t know exactly what happened, But they appeared almost to explode and blood gushed everywhere. I have never seen magic like that before.

It’s not long before the Leafcloaks arrived, but we were soon released. It has been an interesting day, to say the least. There’s talk of dinner once everyone is cleaned up, and I am looking forward to it. Let’s hope that Rascal doesn’t decide to clean his fish again.

Until Next Time,
Leena
AZ_RUNE
Wanderer

Unread post by AZ_RUNE »

Someone is is trying to stop me

=======================

This is the second day some tried to kill me.

When I awoke the following morning I realized I was not alone in the room, I glanced up to see a man standing, covered in blood and half naked! I leaped for my sword on the table only to have some bloody mist descend over me and darkness…

When I awoke I thrust upward and nearly killed the inn’s page! Poor kid thought I was drunk asking if he had seen a bloody man flee the room! The good lad did save me next by alerting me to the fact it was past highsun and the skyship bound for Tristine would be leaving soon.

“Oh my Mazda! I’m late!”

I tossed a silver decagon at the boy to go get me some dried meets and fruits for the trip. If not for the door slamming t’would have thought he had vanished as my nightmare seems to have done. Vexed I noticed nothing had been taken and soon I was rushing down stairs. I tossed that punctual lad a silver penta’ for his trouble and just yelled to keep any change!

Out I burst forth into a gray fog. “What witchery is this smoke, are we in the spirit realms,” hollering into the mist. Laughter twas gleaned from the smoke and my feet had not lost the ground. “Poor groundling has never seen a cloud from the insde, HA HA HA HA!!” Twas more vexed at my lack of knowledge and than the education. I asked the Arudanni shadows to my right at the source of thy mockery, “Which way to the airship for Tristine, good skyfolk?” With knowledge gleaned and my pride dented I made my way down the steps to the lowest levels of the city and soon the clamor of passengers made the route painfully obvious.

Still not sure of thy awakened state, with purpose my feet found me aboard the Elf-made skyship worried I had been followed. Not more than half an hourglass had past when we cleared the clouds and above my I saw that blessed Ahura Mazda, lord of all good things, had enveloped the sun in his robe of stars across the sky. The twin moons were out tonight, and I offered prayer, for below me someone fought evil this eve. The remaining days passed without concern but my guard was vigilant making me poor company.

Twas the 11th day of Mehras when I beheld the Tree of Life as a god might gaze upon it. From my first vista of the magnificent fusion of life, magic, and world it took 3 more turns of an hourglass to make our descent and dock. It felt as though I was sitting in an open air salon and gazing at the beauty of the world, I did feel better as all the stories said the Tree would make me feel!

I had touched heel to dock for but a breath or two when a missive by mystical carrier pigeon sought me out. The missive was uttered out loud and her accent certainly suggest Vilgard or Free Island roots! Then joking about being the “the Dark One” was abhorrent even though many among my assorted travel companions snickered in jest. Off like an ass I went to find the “The Dark One” amidst the chaos of one of the largest cities on all of Regnum! 4 pick pocket attempts, 3 carriage rides and 1 floating platform up into the heart of the Tree of Life did I finally arrive at the upper most layer of the archive! To which a plethora of children on a tour from a school riding the platform up with me kept remarking on how it ran the length of the tree! All the dark magic was kept here and drain by the great tree. T’would appear my school days may be infrequent but never seem to cease.

As I entered the Archive I gazed upon the natural light filtering in and floating, glowing, crystals following most patrons as they would descend into the belly of the Tree of Life! Above my eyes did see the wonder of globe-like, free floating mass of the same crystals spreading the light of the what could be thusly called Asha’s grace!

During my dislocated gazing upon the light of the heavens my countenance was recognized as a Janissary by one of the magi deigned to guard duty. When he introduced himself as an alchemist of the third Echelon (I hope future generations will know this is a classification from the Guardians that means some serious measure of respect) I admitted my surprise. He and I exchanged the needed validation of each other and he made sure another mage took his place before escorting to find my long lost cousin. When I asked about his position here he smiled and said that time spent guarding the Archive could be traded for access to certain areas. Twas an investment in the future he sought with earnest and the payment for services must make the “Marque-counters” giddy with joy.

Savina Upon our arrival in the area of study my dearest cousin was to be apart of I had garnered a crystal escort to light my path I was 5 levels below the entrance level above, inside the Tree of Life! My crystal’s light changed to blue and pulsed but slowly began floating down a row of books. Without this azure angel I would have been lost. I did gaze upon Savina and did wonder about the wisdom of mating customs practiced by my forefathers. Even so 10,000 years separated our families and she was hardly a true cousin. I will find myself Elven companionship tonight to purge these thoughts of ill domain once and for all.

When I introduced thyself Savina replied that someone tried to imitate my person so she add a phrase to her missive to me. When my reply of the obvious lack of a Dark One’s appearance she smiled so bright I thought my crystal light guide would turn green in jealousy. Then she thrust her staff out and bade me to please take it for her last test.

I did and twas affixed in awe as I found my person standing alone in a place of white and there was Savina looking at me dancing up and down as though she had won a prize. She went on to exclaim this was in our minds and she told me about her being a necromancer in a previous life, and was saved by my uncle. When she asked to see him I had to explain he had been dead from his aged heart for over a full turning of seasons. This made her sad, and she told me that her tutelage as a mage of sort came at a price. Her soul had been reforged! She was the staff and the Staff was her! Savina was a Living Rune Weapon! However she could only be touched by those whose souls were good! I must admit, tis one thing to hope and try to do good, and quite another to have the most ancient of magics confirm it.

Back in the world we spent the passing hourglasses into twilight and back toward dawn’s light going over her life story she could remember, what my Uncle had written, and what she had written to herself before her transformation. I was very forth coming the darkness was not over and we were going back to finish what my great uncle started. When I told her about the blood covered assailant from Daerfast she drug me to a section of the Archive regarding magical nature of blood and it’s uses. Over a thousand tomes on the subject and three times that number of scrolls, all silvered!

Famished I was as it had been nearly 24 turns of an hourglass since food had passed my mouth. Savina apologized since she no longer required food as often with her new form. T’would appear she only ate every other day, though I could match her it would be vexing. Off we headed to the markets on the surface of the capital to find sustenance.

During our trip out among this fair city we found a raccoon that belonged to an Elven lady, accompanied by a fellow Galvan, unless he be an illusion twas my thoughts. Just then we were accosted by three Arudanni flying down from above trying to grab Savina, her staff, or is it her. Hmm one for the ages.

When one grabbed the staff he tried to fly off but Savina did to him and scorched his hands so bad he had burns covering his arms to his wings! I wrestled another to the ground by wrestling his wings together and pinning them while his buddy tried to fly away the Elven lady with the raccoon used a spell that made him stick to himself and he dropped to the street in front of us. Sounds of the Leafcloaks approach when my Galvan friend picked up the staff and brought it to Savina, good chap he is. Then the veins that keep your life’s blood flowing in you burst THROUGH THE SKIN on the remaining one I had and the mystically censored one! It took less time than a coin toss for them to bleed out and die!

By Mazda that was horrid!

With the Leafcloaks here and their investigation underway I learned Leena the Elf and Lord Zhatist Zierenburg were my associates in thwarting this attempt on my life and likely Savina’s. Later when we were allowed to leave and I finally acquired food I learned of this Malum Sculptori and that our fates maybe entwined to save his kin and her servant, much less the source of witchery plaguing Badenfeld.

From the Journal of Ser Magnus of Warheithaus
AZ_RUNE
Wanderer

Unread post by AZ_RUNE »

Death from above, haha!

===========

Dear Guardian Salazar,

Is it wrong to think your cousin, separated by 10 millennium of generations is how to the Galvan’s say it, “A tall goblet of good looking wine?” It’s not as though I can have children anymore right? Actually, I’m depressing myself the more I think of this, so pshaw with this, oh but he is so CUTE!

The poor dear found me in the Archive and talked to me about the terrible things happening to him. This sound like what I wrote of my past. Well poo, I was hoping to stay away from that nonsense of necromancers, blood magic and everything I had done before being reborn. If only I had found a teacher that wasn’t an evil person holding my folks captive.

AHHHHHHHH! Enough of those thoughts for now. It seems the council is intent on making sure I atone for my crimes with magic. So I tried to help him find information he needed. I tripped on a ladder coming down on purpose and we were nose to nose for a few moments! Dreamy, why on Regnum did I not become a Time Mage, oh not fair. He is so polite its going to be the death of me!

Well sorta!?!

Oh, I forgot the Druids were from a few days back were Elves, some Ursen, two Changelings and four Gosai were conducting three weddings! It was so beautiful seeing the Humans, Elven, and Ursen couples becoming hand fasted for a year and a day! Am I allowed to mary? Do you know if Guardian Magnus is single?

So back to my future boyfriend, well apparently I don’t need to eat as much anymore but the sweet thing offered to buy breakfast.
Checklist:

Cute – check!
Money – check!
Behavior – check!
I am so making him mine, but then Ahhh! Death from above Dun dun duhhhhhh! We were trying to help find the owner of a lost raccoon when these REALLY RUDE Arudanni swooped in and tried to steal ME!!!!!! OH HADES NO!!! When one grabbed the staff-me I could tell he was not a good person so I knelt and focus giving him the warning. Well the flying pile of dung mentioned to much money and it was ON!!!!! Burned his feather butt so bad his arms won’t be usable without heavy healing for months. If not treated soon that could be permanent, greedy beak clucker!

Just then one of the raccoon owners, another Galvan grabbed the staff and I warned him what would happen and he brought the staff back to me through the fighting. Oh what a nice man, Guardian Magnus still wins because his soul is good. My new friend Zhatist, Lord of Zierenberg is on the cusp of being good, however, he is not there as of this letter. That and he might be into men because he is traveling with the cutest little elf mage, whom is good and can handle herself in a fight. Yet apparently neither has made a play for the other, sad!

Leena, oh the Leafcloaks questioning us kept trying to puff up around Leena, all this hotness, oh my! Ah someone mentioned food when we are done.

I promise to write more but the day is bright yet full of danger!

Your student,
Savina
AZ_RUNE
Wanderer

Unread post by AZ_RUNE »

Journal Entry 4

===============

When you can travel between worlds you can forget the beauty in them. During dinner Savina believes their are several signs blood magic is being used. Her knowledge of the dark arts is fairly astounding. Magnus sent a little Gosai child to the Guardian Barracks with a note to hire some off duty guardians for the night and he gave the child a silver triangle promising another when he returned with the protectors.

While we were waiting for our guardians, we discussed the day’s events further. Savina feels that Scriptori may want her returned to the people that originally trained her. But this is confusing, because she is aligned with good now. What purpose could they possibly have with her?

The next morning, a note arrived congratulating us for beating the other team. It also mentions that Zarina is healing well but makes a fantastic inkwell and Cara is putting herself to use. These words make my blood run cold. We are also told that we will receive additional instructions after arriving at one of the three following locations: Baydorf, the Holy City, or Galfast. We have three weeks to get to one of these three cities. They ended the note by stating, "If we don’t receive notification that you’ve received our messages, we will kill the girl and move on to a different strategy.”

Other details from the note indicate that someone was watching us during dinner. I most certainly didn’t sense anyone, and I don’t think other members of our party did either. We decide that we will go to Galfast, and that flying will be best. Magnus offered some free travel vouchers for flying, but Rascal will have to be contained.

Savina and I then went into town to get an enchanted carrier for Rascal, and some treats as well. The markets are amazing in the tree, and I found a fantastic pet shop. The attendant Gentry was most helpful in picking out a cage for Rascal that is enchanted with a Cloud of Slumber. I also bought him a neet enchanted flying fish. I was so impressed with their merchandise that I immediately signed up for their Pigeon catalog. The first one should arrive sometime next month.

After completing my purchase, I was able to send additional items home via Gray Lady. This did take a little coaxing though. After seeing me become Lenus, the shopkeeper had no issue sending the items home on an account for me. I better send a note to Elijah though before he gets the bill. This alchemist shop may be a great client for us.

While there Savina had a long conversation with the shop keeper, and revealed that she was a living rune weapon. I was less than thrilled with this, but we were able to get some additional information about Sculptroi. The shopkeeper was around the first time that Sculptori came to power 500 years ago. From what she’s heard, he does dabble in dark magic, and there may actually be a group that follow Sculptori who want to remake the world in what they see as perfect. She also mentioned that there’s rumors that Sculptori is actually a dark rune weapon himself, but this hasn’t been confirmed. Sculptori could also be an elf with an age potion, a dragon, a demon, or possibly a dark god. None of these options has me overly excited. I hope that these are all just rumors, but I’ve come to learn that rumors tend to be based on some iota of truth. We just don’t know what that truth is yet. When the shopkeeper bid us ado, she also warned me that getting too close to Sculptori could result in watching my friends die. Perhaps I need to cast a spell for good luck. We may need it.

Magnus has just advised me that we’re scheduled for the last flight of the day. I still need to find Rascal and get him in his “Sleepy Box” in preparation for our journey.

Until Next Time,
Leena
AZ_RUNE
Wanderer

Unread post by AZ_RUNE »

To love a new legend

=================

Twixt the lance of dawn piercing the shield of night I found thine footsteps moving toward the passenger container’s egress. When hands with firm and supernatural strength bent my will to listen unto honeyed words and silken caress of purpose to warm mingling with fair Savina. The time spent was welcomed with hunger of water to one lost in the wastes of Berkay. With gentle tones did I try to convey heart unto the magical maiden fair, ‘’Take all my loves, my love, yea, take them all; but love is blind and lovers can never see the pretty follies that themselves commit; For if they could, Armaiti herself would blush To see me thus transformed to a boy.’’

Upon docking with the eldest of Skyfasts thine eyes gazed at wealthiest of the world’s nations, its inhabitants bustling about with golden marques on their mind. Daedal, Shirn, and a plethora of other races scurry about like hungry rats waiting and hunting for the morsel that would sustain them until the next glimmer, until the next…

Leaving the skydocks and rows of warehouses did a ‘’fowl missive’’ arrive, flapping thy wings of ill intent. We were still lashed to strings as slave puppets of an unseen master, and Leena, wise and generous had furious purpose to burn the strings she had become wroth with.

Perchance an abode of foods and warm brown liquid from Berkay I was given to try in efforts to remove out puppet master’s gaze. Koffee is a remarkable drink I must have our cooks in Warhiet Manse learn to produce, or at least procure. My limbs and mind feel full of vigor and yet most of the patrons are sloth ridden and huddled over their brew and baguette in interval amounts of sorrow or bliss, peculiar. Leena Then I heard bravery beset by fowl wisdom when Leena offered to scout and gather the wicks of the Bistro de Toulvers so we may light truth’s candle on our joint darkness.

When the fairer sex find the spark of a warrior in their heart tis a thing of tempered joy for the woe of steel is oft the payment they receive by thine opponent’s hand. Then I learned why the bold die quickly, they do not heed their ears or their eyes as mine were seeing Leena’s locks and gaze become dark and very Galvan were she not an…ah the Amesha Mazda have granted this one many faces as a Changeling, and like smoke my fears for Leena abate in whiffs of air.

Fortune favors the bold my Shirn-Rahl Commander used to say with pronounce with tones of serious measure and rote tenacity. Zhatist had provided route to family abode by marriage in the form of a bookstore to which we secreted ourselves away in loft above. Magnus Safe from prying eye and wicked strings yanking purpose I did set to task to make myself into a sailor and shadow brave Leena. I hath passed word via my pigeon ring to a fellow Janissary stationed here that I needed his help to stop some thugs after my lady. Before we made our departure Leena changed into her guise of a Galvan merchant – Marcellus: a Galvan Merchant living in Daedala – and her clothing changed as well!! Remarkable this race and their power are, forward like an ass to the slaughter did we pursue our destination. I was to act as a body guard and lead the way.

Coin was exchanged for a minute sand glass from a curio purveyor of local goods so I could arrive at the bistro some 5 turns of the minute glass after Leena, or her current disguise of Marcellus. An alley was used shortly before our arrival upon the Bistro de Toulver’s doorstep. Leena changed back to the form my memory will associate with herself and entered. When I entered Marcellus/Leena (currently in Leena form) had been conversing with the barmen, a well groomed Galvan named Kraus. Behind him there was a huge brass compass that artist, builders, and sculptors use. Marcellus/Leena (currently in Leena form) kept the curator of libations talking and soon his family was revealed. The VonGodin family were staunched purists of the blood and the most radical among them question whether Galvan Wormfang twas a Wereserpent! Preposterous indeed, but that they would be involved in kidnapping, scandal! I would inform the others as time would allow today. Marcellus/Leena (currently in Leena form) left so I looked for a quick distraction to make my exit delayed. Catching a fellow patron’s eye my invitation to his table was greedily taken. Leaping into an arm wrestling match did I with some visiting Daedal Warrior – Dux Waedal. His friends / subordinates seemed surprised when he did not win. Truth be told his muscles flinched on purpose at the end and I was given 50 marques for the wager. I bit down and held to the role, leaving and smirking as though I just swindled someone. Walking out to avoid a crowd of angry Daedal I heard him giving a lesson about loosing and knowing you can be beaten so learn from your mistakes. Thine heart and soul repair upon words my illicit victory was sought for wisdom teachings.

When I made eye contact with Marcellus/Leena (currently in Marcellus form) he tailed me back to the bookstore as though I was his body guard. where glory and honor had shone upon my love! She had helped defend another lord of Galvan and innocent from Wereserpents, no imposters, and when I checked the bodies these were VonGodin stock as well! How far from honor hath a family fall to wreck themselves and others for ash wages. Lord Levi and Leena had been friends but given that moods for changelings are different faces I should think I would have been more surprised by whom she didn’t know.

That evening over supper the unexpected was served up once more. Good Tobias whom was verified by Savina explained he was a Wereserpent! People were in shock myself included but my hand had found the brass plaque holding Ice Lance in case I needed to take down this beast. How could one of these creatures – be – good? I didn’t hold wrath against those not wrought from the blood and bone of the oldest civilized nation on the world. Most outside my homeland know not of ancient purge of the Werebeasts or of Galvan Wormfang and his fight and sacrifice for our nation. Then saw me pondering and dropped the hammer I did not see coming, he was a Wereserpent as well!!!

My finger was caressing the brass plate with Ice Lance, but I had fought against shadow creatures, I have seen him work toward our benefit and my fair lady said he was ok. Her soul was firmly planted in the light of good and she wouldn’t lie, so the leap of faith in friendship I took when Savina said, “My heart, my shared soul, talk with Zhatist and show him the way to being good by being a living example of honor and faith, not hate.” was nothing short of miraculous.

That night after supper Tobias offered wine to Savina and I, and we looked out on to the stars and I told her the story of Indurin and Guillandae. She made me promise to not die even if a dragon hit me, and laughed when I qurried if she had known any.

For two days I set myself to purpose of working out which Janissaries my friend and I new that could be trusted. Soon we had a force of thirty and we began gathering information on the Bistro de Toulvers. Lady Leena and Zhatist had been gifted with a sum of gratitude from Lord Levi and used it to acquire items of worth to the cause. As the light of the Amesha Mazda shown through panes of color glass, did the glory of my gods touch upon her fair sun kissed skin and dark golden locks as the 3rd day of Crimson began the merciless sand drizzle toward night and our rendezvous.

Twilight, tis an hour I will forever love and hate every day since. A man should never be forced to watch his love walk to her doom to save anyone. Shame washed over me in this moment for I wanted to save her, a rune weapon, that could not be destroyed and would exist forever. In this moment I only saw Savina not her staff. I saw my heart walking away and I found my faith in light waver. For mine eyes did witness bravery and sacrifice, for this day the fairer sex did prove the stronger sex. Instead of walking out the into our trap laid well by disguised Guardian Troops he simply vanished dropping a note to the ground with a key.

"…. Well done, your friends are on the third floor of the Inn across the street in room 3D

Sincerely,
Malum Sculptori …."

Knowing the location of the kidnapped I snapped to motion and my commrades followed suit – both my friends (yes Zhatist too) and the Guardian Troops! We burst the door down to 3D and it revealed both women. I seized up Zarena and told her I was Ser Magnus and I was here to rescue her at behest of Lord Zhatist. The look was only a second but the spark was shared, Lord Levi is right. The heart knows no boundaries and calls no person brother or sister.

Leena and my men were right behind me to which Cara was stunned and began crying when she saw her. They embraced and I have to say ‘’Those of Many Faces’’ are as brave as any race willing to sacrifice everything for those they cared for. When Zarena saw Zhatist she stopped hugging me and walked to him and slapped him! Then she hugged him and said, “Tell me later the whole truth but I forgive you because you never gave up on me.”

She kissed both his cheeks and hugged him as family is fond of entreating. As the magic using guardians mentioned there were several burst of magic being used now. The last two were in this building and…
…Zarena blurted out that they were a decoy that the Malum Sculptori had come to BRING DOWN GALFAST FROM THE SKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With urgent haste I made my purpose to ferry the maidens to Tobias and trusted him to watch these innocents because Savina trusted him. On the way there we saw fires in the distance and and began hearing the sounds of riots. Zhatist broke away to find us wisdom sought from Chaos, he joined us once more after leaving the maidens at Tobias’s bookstore. The city had broken into a riot growing stronger and making its way to the docks, the best spot he could find was able to show him crowds in the size of several thousand! He saw three more fires in the distance and surmised that 10,000 to 40,000 of the city actually worked for the Malum Sculptori !!! They were creating chaos in the streets to draw the watch from the skythrone! I had some of the finest Guardians with me and not helping!

Murder be our intent and speed our method, for if this is the fate of Galfast that dwarf was going to die! Onward our band of 33 headed into the bowels of the city and toward the throne of the oldest Skyfast, and sweet Savina!

At every turn it was a pitched fight and I owe the raccoon of Leena my life as he distracted one of the several attackers so his swing missed and another for saving his mistress. Noble this beast familiar was in trying to help Leena and us all. I shall not harm another of his breed till my last breath! When we had made it to the door of the skythrone we were but scraps of our strength!!!! For the villians what had been 6 and hundred was none, and for our heroes of the tale what had been 33 was but my friends and I, three of my brothers, and 4 soldiers that would likely be made into Janissaries should they live past today!

Leena, told to stand back she would get the door open! The tandem amulets told us Savina was on the other side. Something had blocked her ability to teleport away but we could still scry her location. Leena changed into her natural form, shaking her garments away and standing in her/his natural glory. Then cast a spell and vanished, about a half turn of the minute glass and the doors swung open revealing more horrors this night! They had linked the heart of my heart to the Skythrone! There stood the Dwarf and the Blood Mage that had attacked me! Next to them was a circular portal of blood hanging in the air and decapitated acolytes laying in a circle! Then the dwarf reached out and CUT HER THROAT

SAVINA!!!!!!!!!!

I didn’t care I ran forward and the stunted necromancer tossed loves form as a sack of flour toward me. Diving for my heart I caught love in an embrace of gentle strength and crazed fear!! I used my last healing pill on her and because it was magic it worked!! She gasped and in a flash healed herself as though villian’s blade ’ner touched her throat. When thy eyes could glance upon something else there was but sorrow to be found for evil had made egress.

::: SHUDDERSS :::

As though the Lord of Evil was trying to break free from this floating mountain fast did my world tremble as though death would claim us now. My love grabbed me and said, “I think I can save everyone but it means everything my love.” With the same strength she began our affiar did she move me and stand up informing everyone that insight to a better day was hers as the whole of Galfast just lurched to the side

Penned on 3rd of Crimson
AZ_RUNE
Wanderer

Unread post by AZ_RUNE »

My Last and Greatest Sacrifice

=======================

Dear Guardian Salazar,

This missive is the last will and testament of Savina the Repentant

Leena I am now linked with the Skythrone of Galfast and it uses a process for bonding not dissimilar to a rune weapon and its wielder. For the record, I wish to be assigned to Leena, the Gray Lady as I’m compatible with her and after this will and testament no one would deny me this person, my best and only friend.

throne Amid the headless corpses of the 20 ritual members and first sacrifice of the former pilot I explained to my friends that because I was forced to link to the Skythrone I now understand that the Skyfast can actually MOVE! Since they have been in the air for thousands of years most people think tales of them moving is a thing of the past, I know I did! With the shuddering of magic beginning to run out I found that I might be able to forestall this by taking the city into the heart of the three ley lines nexus points north of our position. It would also allow me to draw on the magic to forestall my external manifestation’s death, which is a given by the time you read this.

My love just said goodbye to me and I can’t be given to him because I will hate whomever gets his heart now, and I don’t want him to long for what we now, can never have. He is a man of duty and deserves a woman that can understand and support him. It just can’t be me, in time maybe his grandson but not now to soon.

I have given Leena my staff and broach to use as she sees fit and explained we will be able to communicate this way but that she has to save as many people as I can buy her time to get off Galfast. I informed her I and going to try and bring the Skyfast down as far north as possible to minimize the damage, though I suspect the death toll will be in excess of hundreds of groups of thousands. I feel bad that I did not wait for their approval of my plan but I know their is no time if lives are to be saved. I informed them I can keep it going only for 12 to 24 turns of an hourglass so they had better begin to hurry.

As a group when they emerge on the surface the city is in a full riot, hundreds of thousands marques in damage! It is hard to keep the Skyfast on the ley line so it is my fault when it shifts left or right suddenly.

It should be noted the following examples of bravery by the group of heroes from what the Skythrone let me see:

Tobias – This Wereserpent died in his natural form defending Zarena until the others could get to her and Zhatist gave her two items and I know one of them was the teleportation ring I was no longer going to be needing. Leena teleported her, Cara, Tobias’s dead body and the baby Rascal saves to the realm. She gives the child to Cara and send her through the gate to the her private home in Kingdom of Greenwater. I suspect Zarena has teleported to Galidorf or Zierenberg in Galvan Republic by now to warn them. From what I could see Tobias’s death pained her deeply, she held his head as he took his last breath and closed his serpent eyes just before Ser Magnus burst in.
Zhatist – Each time they ran into rioters Zhatist dropped his human guise and became a Wereserpent to help Magnus along! In fact the two of them made quite the team dealing with rioters so Leena could get to merchants, families of all races and nations to help them off the doomed flying island. They made quite the team and saved each other many times over the 18 hours they dealt with the mobs!
Magnus – The team he and Zhatist made can never be overstated in that 18 hour war! What can I say about the love of this life, he never flinched in his duty to saving the downtrodden, protecting the innocent and punishing the wicked. He was gracious with thanks for assistance and accepted a once hated foe as an ally. A knight he was today and always will be. He made sure Leena could carry out her mission of getting people to safety and for 18 hours he fought a war of attrition that he survived and grew stronger in the crucible.
Rascal – It should be noted that her familiar never likes to be left out of anything and since I can hear her thoughts and her linked familiar it was precious when Rascal the Raccoon raced into a burning building to save a baby it heard and leapt from the window clutching the new born and swaddling clothing! Magnus caught them and kept heading to Zarena. When they arrived and Leena blinked them to the Astral Realm she controls and so does Rascal it seems. Leena has him, “Why did you get into fights and start saving Magnus, Zhatist, myself and this child?”
“Everyone was saving people so it looked like a fun time. Do I get fish now?”
“When I am done stay here and tell my brothers what is going on in the flying city. It is going to crash! That’s an order,” said Leena. While Rascal obeyed Ser Magnus owes him a total of five assists and one complete save. Zhatist owes him eleven assists one while he had transformed into his Wereserpent form to deal with Sculptori rioters. Leena owes him for 6 complete saves and one near fatal wound she was able to heal with the staff.
Leena – I have saved her tale for last for it eclipses everyone today! Every single time Magnus and Zhatist would save a person or group Leena would grab them and start appearing in her realm near a gate out to our world and shoving them thru it to get them far, far away! Every minute past she was moving nine to twelve residents to a safer if foreign land.
At the 18th hour’s completion I sent word to Leena to get back here with everyone and they needed to hurry! Just as I saw them hit doorway I mention in a broadcast message that stated:

GALFAST WILL CRASH THERE IS ENOUGH ENERGY TO KEEP IT AFLOAT AT MOST 4 HOURS, BUT FOR SAFETY YOU HAVE THREE HOURS TO FIND A WAY OFF!!!

As one can expect people began jumping to their deaths seeing no other sign of hope. Over 1,000 Arudanni were slain when they tried to explain they could only carry one at a time. Other Arudanni help anyone they could to one of the ships already free of the skydocks. Some ships are taking marques for passage and others are women and children first! The best and worst of all life is being played out for my view in what seems like seconds! I will never understand how the Gods can stand by and watch an action like this. Leena saves just over 1 / 20th of the entire population of Galfast’s one and a half million population!

On the way back down toward the Skythrone a few of the dead rose and attacked like zombies and the walking dead! The brave three exterminated them with divine prejudice. When they see me now I am nearly transparent and glowing blue it is getting very hard to stay intact and help. Even though it isn’t true I deliberately look up so I won’t break down if I look at my friends for the last time! Leena whispers she will speak with me later in her head. I inform them I don’t have much energy left but I can send them to the ground to try and clear the towns below me. I flatly explain they won’t save them all but some is better than none.

They agree.

I tell them the next time they hear from me they must grab each other and vanish into Leena’s realm or face death with me. I can see Gazhur’s plan but I only tell them that this is not all the necromancer had planned, they must live and survive for the dead may yet walk once more as they saw. I summon all their gear and tell them suit up. Once they have everything I don’t wait to say goodbye it would hurt to much. They are shrouded in blue light and gone. I issue the distress call alerting everyone in 10 miles to RUN! The Skyfast is falling! The message repeats every 5 minutes until impact!

I can see them on the ground and a pigeon arrives to Leena a message of thanks from my teacher. This will be the one secret I take to an eternity in the staff, I just can’t cross that bridge. This is my sacrifice, my sin and hopefully, my redemption.

In the final moments when I begin to loose my grip of the city I feel it plummet, I cry out for them to run knowing Leena can hear me. I see all the faces about to die they are etched in my mind, and yet I comfort myself with the faces I see thru Leena saved because I kept the floating Necropolis in the air as long as I could! Using the announcing enchantment I said out so as many could hear it thanks to the Gray Lady for saving as many as she could.

I surrender my form to the Skythrone…

…My last human act was to give up what is cherished so less would perish.

Then I feel a darkness being jarred, I open my eyes and see another world? No this is Leena’s realm and her shoes. I am seeing through her eyes and they are alive, there is rocky debris and dust on the ground in the air and yet Leena is looking at one item. Amid the dust and dirt is a half torn child’s teddy bear.

With love for life everlasting,
Savina the Repentant
Penned on the 4th of Crimson
AZ_RUNE
Wanderer

Unread post by AZ_RUNE »

To War!!!

===================

Journal Log 10.6

Uncle,

InaWe are in Ameretat’s hands now.

The astral caretaker, Ina, an identical avatar of the Gray Lady herself has informed me Ser Magnus is awake and drinking the same tea she brought me an hour ago. Leena has been spending the evening going over reports, letters, and sending out a dozen magic pigeons. Her magical energy here seems far greater than when she is out of her realm.

Frankly Uncle, if we live through this I want to find a nice patch of woods and just disappear. Not for fear of retribution but I am tired, it would appear my involvement in these events has gotten us accepted as sacrificial lambs because the The Galvan Republic’s army is comprised of 50,000 sons and daughters of nobles and prefects. We have have about 100,000 wizards spread across the country and a third of them live in Badenfeld. Another third in Rhinefelden sucking on the teat of the Great Library. The rest are spread out across the country and all of us have only one thing in common. None of us have been in a war!

Just as you said the World Council world councildid arrive with over a hundred retainers in tow. When Magnus and I had returned from passing out aid to refugees outside the Daedala ‘Gate’ they were finishing their questioning of Leena with the ‘’Orb of Thought’’ to see her thoughts. At least that’s what I remember after I was questioned last. Poor Magnus did not do well reliving loosing Savina and feeling it a second time. He did however, impart his ’’feelings’’ to all those sharing his memories and when he passed out it was a few ambassadors that stepped forward to pick him up and carry him to the house under Ina’s direction.

I was to the next one to deal with the ‘’Orb of Thought’’ and reviewing my memories of how and why I was involved. This more than anything brought to light the actions of a Wereserpent acting in defense of innocents. After this happened they mobilized the 25% of the regiments of the Arm of the Guardians in the Kingdom of Greenwater and the Empire of Daedala. and 100% of the Guardians in our Republic to help hold the line at Badenfeld with the Knights and Mages assembling now!

You probably know this by now, hmmm…

It was decided to deploy fifty of the Living Rune Weapons from the sea behind enemy lines and attack the Dwarf Necromancer and Blood Mage directly! Fifty! whatever they saw in those memories had the Justicar shaken and angry. Within an hour after the council adjourned word came all the refugee centers were being guarded by two Living Rune Weapons and a detachment of 25 Guardian Janissaries each.

I will see you no later than the ninth of Crimson

Written on the morning dawn of the 6th of Crimson, 9982 A.T.
Zhatist VonHochSchlange Zierenberg,
The Inspector
AZ_RUNE
Wanderer

Unread post by AZ_RUNE »

11 Days That Changed the World

==========================

The last 37 of the corporeal, Guardian Living Rune Weapons and last 8-man squad of Blood Inspectors have returned bearing 7 of the defeated evil Living Rune Weapons hatched by the descendant of the Bringer of the Great Thunder!

It is over.

What I recant to thy pages is for scholars yet born or learned to read, know, and forget not. Lest evil dwelling deep return anew. The night was deep into its inky blackness on the 8th of Crimson twixt our departure from the world made of grey, astral smoke. The Guardian Janissaries present matched the fingers on my hands. With them was two Elves though certainly not of normal ilk. This duo of might & magic were also living rune weapons! One in resplendent plate armor with a terrible golden double curved blade such size that gave one pause to glance in its direction. The other bore a staff of bluish-gray with an appearance of thinly carved stone column. As though one had it reduced from a building to a rod in girth.

Leena &amp; LeenusWhen gazing upon en mass they did offer nods of approval, but solemn was currency of the moment’s tone. The Gray Lady and her brother, Matthias, Matthiasdressed in the other’s arcane robes. Then Leena took the form of Leenus in front of everyone and Matthias took Leena’s form. With a wink Matthias/Leena snapped its fingers and disappeared in a flash of blue white light. Matthias/Leena’s goal was to go deep into enemy lines and save as many people as possible as Leena’s identity. When worried about support the eldest among Leena’s siblings said that there were some bastards that owed him many favors, to battle he would take their toll. Leena/Leenus grinned at both Zhatist’s and my quizzically skewed faces then dropped the mana of knowledge we sought.

Her sibling had founded the Company of the Golden Coin, a magical based mercenary company among whose few requirements was having the ability to use magic and follow orders. One of their senior members twas thine teacher for mathematics and intelligence gathering. Would there have been time to ponder I would query Leena her age, alas I was spared such elevated burdens. Aenor was awaiting us with the others to perform the Circle of Transportation. Our presences in the quadrant of the circle with the name of our location scrawled in runic chalk, the summoner lit the ingredients in the bowl as he began a chant of sending.

Our vision blurred and I heard his words till they stopped and as the last sound past this ear so did my gaze fall upon the throne room of the Lord High Prefect of the Galvan Republic! Standing there greeting us was a group of wizards bearing the Great Library’s sigil upon their vestments, Galvan Knights and our military commanders, and Arm of the Guardians Generals. I was presented with the ‘’field rank’’ of High Captain and both Leena/Leenus and Zhatist were made ‘’field rank’’ Captains under me. Our group was followed by another contingent of Guardian Soldiers, soon joined by a large group of Galvans led by Margrave Zalefore of Zierenberg! Such news means all under his uncle’s command were wereserpents such as Zhatist, according to my friend’s counsel. The Margrave greeted my person as High Captain and told us the rest of those willing to fight for their lives and freedom had already moved north to Badenfeld and they were at my disposal. I asked him to brief me on the skyship we headed to on confrontation his the walking dead. When we exited the palace I was not prepared for Galidorf I saw before me. The streets were filled with refugees from the destruction caused by Galfast’s crashing into the ground. Blue lightning was seen for days on the northern horizon and some say it burns the air there still. Other talk abounds regarding the rumors of an ‘’Army of the Dead’’ marching south to destroy the Republic. Many that had homes up north have nothing now and I can feel one of my aides clipping a cloak to thine pauldron armor.

At first I paid it no mind till a few of them began looking at us and then shouting and cheering! Apparently, word of the Gray Guardians of Galfast had spread farther than my mind could think. I paused to look back and everyone in my contingent was now blazoned with matching garments! Blessing to Asha that cloth accolades and not assassin blades were all that was at my back. The Wereserpents in human guise were waring gray sashes and clearing a path for us to the skydock towers. Long it was not as I read the reports of the last three days en-route to the skydocks of the capital. There I saw the dreadnaught we were to use, aerial behemoth would come close to the trying to describe the floating monstrosity in the clouds above me. Having just become dawn in Galidorf the sun made the giant glow as though a spirit of light was overhead!

Knowing the whole of the 9th would be spent traversing the clouds to Badenfeld I turned to the crowds that had followed to the towers. When I raised my hands they fell silent

The Gray Lady is north of here now with the Guardians and the Company of the Golden Coin seeking retribution for the ‘’Fall of Galfast’’ and our heart is with her and those braves souls. I know though that the spirit of my friend is with me though as we join the war front at Badenfeld!

Fear etched on the crowd’s face for the measure of the word had not been uttered in many of their lifetimes.

This is not the Galvan I hail from for we are proud and hearty folk! ‘’Our Tradition is Dedication in Ourselves’’ is our words! Valor is standing up for that tradition even when if it must change! Skyfasts can fall and I call upon our mages to find out how to stop that! Rumor has it that Galvan Wormfang was a Wereserpent, this is true and his line exists today, Lord Zhatist, his heir, joins this High-Captain of the Guardians, Ser Magnus of Warheithaus in seeking the valor to defend our words with dedication to all of YOU!

I signaled for Zhatist to change and the effect was deafening to behold.

We must hold to each other for my home was crushed under Galfast! My people may be gone but they will never be forgotten! I go now to see to that, and I need you all to see to each other and care for those that cannot care for themselves. The ultimate measure of oneself is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy!

Cheers began to usher forth from the gathered!

A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself. We go now to defend the Accord and the Republic!

For the Accord and Republic!

That was repeated over and over by the crowd as ascent was made forth to the air dreadnaught.

To Badenfeld.

~ Day One: 10th of Crimson ~
Before the light of the Amesha Mazda streched its power across the sky our warbird did come to hover above the damage Galfast’s fall caused to the city of Badenfeld. Leena/Leenus, Zhatist and I gazed with terrible wonder upon the clouds caused by Galfast. If the reports were to be taken at face value 300,000+ had fallen prey to the Curse of Galfast and marching south as the walking dead. The first groups would be in Badenfeld by nightfall.

My forces had been assembled by my former instructor in Janissary training, General Vilalta, a former Grand Prince of the Vilgard Federation that had joined the Gaurdians when his term was up. He took 1,000 of the Janissaries north with him to join the Gray Lady (Matthias/Leena) and the Mage Mercenaries of the Company of the Golden Coin.

The day wore death’s pallor as rouge and I had everyone not willing to fight for their home even if it meant killing the corpse of a loved one south. Then I spent the day getting everyone used to the 8,000 wereserpents that would make a stand to rival Galvan Wormfang’s when he chose us over his fellow werebeasts.

When the gods fire dimmed did the dead appear on the horizon 10 miles according to the scouts. I ordered the mages to set fire to the forests north of Badenfeld. Then I instructed Zhatist to have his people catch anyone that came through the blaze.

So it began.

As darkness had descended so did it fall, my gray cloak blowing in the smoke and ash. Warlocks were used to keep the fire from the city and I stood my post shouting orders and taking knowledge and making choices to save the whole. Leena/Leenus was sent forth when our troops were hurt to prevent them dying and strengthening the enemy ranks. I assigned an Ursen bodyguard to her from the troops present and and had to trust that with my lost heart as her friend and weapon, Savina, would help keep her safe. A bear like gargoyle did my gaze set north and would not move till my people came home. We lost a single wereserpent that night and her fellows brought her dismembered corpse home rather than let one of their own fall to the unholy undeath.

~ Day Two: 11th of Crimson ~
Dawn afforded us a view of smoldering wasteland. Lumber would be the industry hit hardest by my choices but there was no tree within a mile of this city now and covert attacks were impossible save enchantments. I had not slept and potions were brought to bypass sleep, hunger, and thirst. Enchantments sustaining my person we set about creating the honeypot. Last night was a test these were sacrifices to see our response and gauge us a target. Tonight we had to loose, before they would seek another route we had to make taking the city seem viable!

I went over the details with Zhatist and Leena/Leenus that the attack last night was to test us. It was the first time they saw me for what I was trained to do, win wars.

Proelio, vincas, omnis – To fight, to win, always

I asked the mages to begin building a circle with the rubble. I explained that before I left Galidorf I was given notes on how to turn the rubble area into a staging area for the whole of the Arm of the Guardians here to this spot. Leena/Leenus went with them to help, even though knowing she had to subtly sabotage them after what I whispered to her on the way out. I could not take the chance of one of them working for the Sculptori. While, gone I told the Sky Commanders and Captains what now was needed was this suicide team to get an object to the forward forces that they can then plant in the Hades gateway which would then destroy the undead. When the Lieutenants left to carry out the Captains commands to find volunteer’s I made it clear that what was said next could not be allowed to leave the room and anyone that heard it would be sequestered until the mission was over. five of the nine Captains and two of the Sky Commanders agreed, and I told the remaining to leave and have their troops help the wizards and summoners as needed with the colossal circle being constructed.

Now Zhatist, five captains were looking at me when I told them the device was a hoax. I needed to weed out any compromised troops the villainous group – Sculptori had among either the Galvans or the Guardians! With those remaining I asked for those willing to volunteer on what was a suicide mission to make us not just a target but one that was irresistible. We made a box and gave it to the team, they were told to deliver it to the Gray Lady and they would have to ride through the main enemy force. The air dreadnaught above will help clear a path to exploit, allowing them a chance to get through.

Evening brought awesome bombardment from the warmachines aboard air dreadnaught. Off our riders set, blessings unto them for the box is a Vilgard Verlogen, a bomb. It was designed to explode using power wards, runes for the trigger, and an active circle inside designed to bring forth elemental forces. The minute evil touches it BOOM!!!!

~ Day Three: 12th of Crimson ~
The rest of that second night went without terrible events due to seeing the air dreadnaught’s awesome power. It had to leave mid morning due to pigeon from the capital that the reinforcements from Daedala had arrived (7,500 Guardian Soldiers and 800 Guardian Janissaries). During the day we received the magic pigeon and their sequestered captains made it clear that they were out in the field if they failed to deliver the box it would bode poorly for the city. We knew that the rough estimate of their numbers was just over 300,000 That night we faced the siege once more but the battles were pitched and designed to draw us out from the city. I had smaller regiments run out on three fronts and raise flags when they got to specified distances. The second the flags went up trebchets and catapults would launch hammering the enemy with fire and the city mages would rain down spellfire as they tried to get close to the walls following our three unit’s retreat. I know there is a general holding back his troops, these walking dead are to organized.

~ Day Four: 13th of Crimson ~
The reinforcements from the Kingdom of Greenwater had arrived, along with 5 of the ships that had bore refugees away came back to help us. They would pass word and attack undead trying to sneak pass the city from above. We now had the following number with current casualties added in:

43,250 Guardian Soldiers,
2,650 Guardian Janissaries,
7,919 Wereserpents
18,000 Galvan Magic Practitioners (3/4 are non-combatants, and of that 8 out of 10 are novice level or apprentices)
14,680 Galvan Knights
15,000 Badenfeld City Militia
Though scholars that know not the sting of battle will scoff, though, I found it a blessing that we were only outnumbered 3 to 1. All ranged defenders are instructed to take down the walking dead before they get to close and a loved one looses their sanity by running out after them, getting killed, and joining their ranks.

Leena/Leenus reported the sabotage changes are ready to the grand circle in the ruins. She has worked with trusted vetted Scholars and Mages of the Great Library by Savina, Guild of the Silver Cord to make the rubble circle into a great ritual we will use to send the portion of the world made of grey, astral smoke called, the Void. There they should breakdown and be destroyed within minutes by the celestial end of all things!

Scouts reported that a flaming cloud can be seen north of the city a day and a half ride out. it is over a mile wide, Sent word out across the city that a period of mourning would be held for the brave souls that were reported dead. We were on our own, no more help would be coming and the assaults would begin likely today.

I asked Zhatist for 2,000 of his kin to spread themselves 1,000 Galvan Knights, 100 Mages, and 1,500 Guardian Soldiers. I explained that they were to report an hour before sundown and they were the wall. I told them they would go down in the history because they could not break the line they would set, and tonight we would be the mother bear protecting their cubs. Hit hard, as one of the men had put it would be and understatement. Fire, Magic, Decapitation were there tools of trade now, they were sent off with a heroes welcome and once more I was unto a bear like gargoyle, my gaze set north. I directed the aerial ships watching our flanks and rear in rotating fashion to provide aerial support.

7 Galvan Knights, 364 Wereserpents, and 1 novice Wizard no longer, survived by morning to cries of joy from the city. That night they faced seven times there numbers in walking dead, 20 blood beasts and a demon maggot! I had them removed to rest and made it clear all would be given accolades by the King and Council when this was over. No one looked upon the Wereserpents as monsters when they changed into humans known among these people. The heroic survivors were wrapped in blankets and taken in by a grateful city! My words about the bear protecting their cubs spread like wildfire! “The Bear” became my rank and none questioned I was here to save them.

41,450 Guardian Soldiers,
2,650 Guardian Janissaries,
6,268 Wereserpents
17,901 Galvan Magic Practitioners (3/4 are non-combatants, and of that 8 out of 10 are novice level or apprentices)
13,687 Galvan Knights
~ Day Five: 14th of Crimson ~
When word reached about the ‘Priests & Druids’ I had runners spread the news like wildfire to help give the city hope. Far from over this ordeal was but faith & hope had a nourishment all its own. I wanted them to have something because it would be today I surmised the hammer being rained upon the anvil we hath wrought.

Tis, foul sometimes to be so acute.

50,000 of the Walking Dead marched on the city in broad daylight of highsun!

“To ARMS!!!!” I cried and as I rallied a resting city used to nightly assaults and lead the charge with 7,000 Guardian Soldiers, 2,000 Galvan Knights, 150 Mages, 1,500 Wereserpents!

~ Day Six: 15th of Crimson ~
We faced two additional waves of 25,000 walking dead each, FOUR EVIL LIVING RUNE WEAPONS in each of the successive waves. The battle continued until high sun on this day. For a full day and night we fought and got reinforcements from 600 Janissaries. When the forces retreated I let out a roar echoed by all the survivors! Until this moment I did not dare dream we would make it through this. The plan had been devised to make the enemy pay five bloody marques for every marque we paid. I knew we had not long till they were back.

Their numbers now:

over 200,000 walking dead,
4 of the 8 evil Living Rune Weapons,
1 to 10 Maggot Demons and their statue making eyes.
A note of Valor to Leena/Leenus and a Daedalan Illusionist, Luzio, whom lured 4 of those foul weapons, a demon maggot and 1,000 undead into her realm where the Gray Lady revealed herself in all her terrible Glory and came back with only minor injuries!

Our numbers now:

34,425 Guardian Soldiers,
2,090 Guardian Janissaries,
4,768 Wereserpents
17,751 Galvan Magic Practitioners
11,987 Galvan Knights
~ Day Seven: 16th of Crimson ~
We had only two of our scouts make it back, but they confirmed that nearly every Behdin in Avestein must have taken to the field! Spread among them in groups are the Druids some 2,000 and a host of deer, feral dogs, and birds. To aid them we send 4 of our six skyships to bombard the enemy and send word to push them at us for we have a plan. By then end of the day word had been delivered to Behdins here in a vision of the god Asha saying unto them “The Bear will have his hunt!”.

~ Day Eight: 17th of Crimson ~
I asked Leena/Leenus to let her brother know if he was still alive to send word to those Changelings that know Leena take her form and have tell people publicly how the war effort is going in the refugee camps. I was going to ask Leena to drop the Leenus disguise and make her appear everywhere at once. The enemy must have spies among some of the survivors and this should throw a wrench into their plans.

I then told everyone we were going to force a final confrontation in the ruins. We needed to make the next three days look like a protracted retreat through the city from the north, through the rubble and when we had the enemy in the rubble the plan would be unleashed!

The criers have called out the final battle did come this lone tazu of the fight shows more than I can put into words.

~ Day Eleven: 20th of Crimson ~
As I have said at the beginning it is over we won. The price was high, for only 14% of our forces survived the walking dead, demons, evil rune weapons, blood beasts. I was hoisted up to cries of BEAR! BEAR! BEAR! Then we were humbled and the Ursen whispered and I saw the druidic goddess, Snake Mother come to the Wereserpents and off those left here a new home watching over another Tree of Life! A twin to the one in Tristine and somewhere else on the world!?!? They are discussing it as I right this but the sounds of it is that they will go. I have no idea if that means all werebeasts are now gone or are there other Wereserpents?

I still have to identify the dead troops and write letters to their next of kin. I am not required to do so for the Galvan forces, but I did know a fair number of the mages, knights and they defended their republic with honor. Their loved ones should know they died bravely and with distinction. The effects of this are far from over though. The refugees, the inquiries about what happened, how, and future prevention? The rebuilding of Badenfeld, the ruins of Galfast and what to do with it? Is it still cursed?

The future is not paved yet, I look forward to the road.

Penned on the early morning of the 21st of Crimson, 9982 A.T.
AZ_RUNE
Wanderer

Unread post by AZ_RUNE »

A Time to Remember

====================

Has it been ten years?

Could she see me through her eyes?

Would I look old? Do I look old?

These were the questions I asked myself before my friend’s arrival.

This was the first time I met Leena err… Vora. Leena’s preferred Dwarf Female form. Valdus and Vira are so lovely for I don’t associate with Dwarves much. Valdus wants to be a Rune-Maker like his father Valryk, whom came with Leena/Vora. Vira says she been training to be a Martial Sai and hunt evil wherever it dwells. Looks like I will be paying additional taxes on his gift, custom shield that can hide a weapon like my belt, make me strong like an Ursen and shoot fire from the sculpted bear motifs embossed upon it. Never has a gift been so kingly I told him.

Youth is sweet, well I’m not that much older than Vira she is 20 winters now and I hear she will be made 1st rank in the fall. I only have 18 years on her at 38 winters myself. Just as dinner was winding down I had a plate of fish brought in and Leena/Vora removed the Raccoon from his traveling crate. Poor buddy has always hated that thing and a decade, four design changes later he still hates the “sleepy box” he travels in. When he started to growl and whine I asked where the collar was? Like a proud father he displayed it and I gave him the whole platter of fish and a bowl of water to clean his hands.

When he was done he got to sit next to me and tell me about whatever he wanted to talk about. Leena and I would reminisce and then I asked her to come and pray to her goddess while I prayed to Asha. When entered the chapel we knelt and gave thanks to our chosen of the celestial hosts. When I was done I walked forward and put my hand over a single flame, I had been nursing it all day long. Before Zarena left this morning for Zierenberg she made it clear that when she dies I had better acknowledge her as well or she swears their will be an angry vengeful ghost in my future. As the flame began to hurt I slowly pulled it away and looked up.

“I never let the dragon hit me, and it never will. I miss you. Be happy please.”

I walked back to see one of the Behdins leaving Leena/Vora’s side. She had tears running down her cheeks and she was blotting them with a kerchief. When she hugged in her dwarf form I looked down and in her hair was a familiar broach that another once wore. Then her clothing shifted and glimmer as Leena took another form I had, yet had not seen Leena ever take. My first love said that yes it hurt sometimes but she was happy every other time. Then her features began to fade back to Leena/Vora and all I could mouth was how sorry I was. My friend kissed my cheek and reminded me it was never my fault it was a choice we all make. Her physical life was short but very, very bright.

I took her hand in mine and thanked her for age and battle had numbed and blurred some memories, today I can begin to put aside that guilt and move forward. As I walked Leena/Vora back she winked up at me and said, “She still wants her candle just eat cake for a birthday instead.”

Cake it shall be.
Penned on the late evening of the 4th of Crimson, 9992 A.T.
AZ_RUNE
Wanderer

Unread post by AZ_RUNE »

The Aftermath [GM Post]

YOUTUBE LINK VID

What follows are a list of the after effects and general outcome of the Galvan Necropolis existence. I have asked the players to wait and read this, then come up with “reflecting back” style log from a month later, a year, five years, etc. When to set it would be their choice.

So here is the list of facts about “The Aftermath of the Galvan Necropolis”

~ One Year After: 9983 A.T. ~

Only 14% of the ‘’Wall of Badenfeld’‘ survived the 11 day siege.

A year of mourning was announced for those that died, Urns with ashes of the dead entombed in a monument in Galidorf with an interesting set of magical effects.
  ◊ The Walking Dead, Undead, Demons or Dyvals may not approach within 1,000 feet!
  ◊ On the door of every urn the name of it’s occupant.
     If you touch it you can hear the letter written to the loved ones by the commanding officers!
  ◊ Their is a permanent Sanctuary spell in place for the memorial monument!

The “Order of the Northern Wall” was established to honor those that fought the seige in Badenfeld were honored with the rank of Knighthood.
  ◊ Premiere of the knightly order is Ser Magnus VonIgnus Warhiet.
  ◊ This is the first case of mages being given such a martial honor in mass.

Wards and runes were carved into stone columns 20 feet tall placed 50 miles out from the ruins of the Galvan Necropolis. They were placed 200 feet apart to warn people not to go beyond this line for fear of undead. Using a permanent Eyes of Vohu Manah Spell this message can be read in every language.

For the following year all Skyfasts were asked to move over water while the world council commitee on aerial safety was convened and plans put in place to advert this kind of tragedy if it was found to be a failure in the system.
  ◊ The Gray Lady was asked to sit on the committee.

At the end of the year of mourning every city held a week long festival celebrating the heroes.
  ◊ With Ser Magnus VonIgnus Warhiet’s service obligation up with the Guardians he was announced as the Margrave Prefect of Badenfeld.
  ◊ The Gray Lady was given the tile of Lady and Lord, since she is a Changeling after all, in every country for her efforts to save people regardless of their affiliations.
  ◊ Wereserpents are added as official citizens with full marriage rights within the Galvan Republic. In honor of Zhatist all those that are identified as Wereserpent will bear the VonHochSchlange family name for Serpent of Light.

Pigeon News & Accord Report becomes a new line of industry, and copied to be used as an early warning system in the event of a international crisis.

~ Three Years After: 9985 A.T. ~

Matthias and Elijah were given the title of Count in the Kingdom of Greenwater.

Matthias is made the Ambassador to the Vilgard Federation for the Kingdom of Greenwater.

The “Order of the Northern Wall” was honored when the Kingdom of Greenwater acknowledged the order as a branch of Knighthood when it dubbed the Company of the Golden Coin as members of the Order.
  ◊ Margrave Prefect, Ser Magnus was there to anoint the new knights – all mages that fought north of Badenfeld.

The Investigation into the incident now being called the Galvan Necropolis in official documents came to a close. The incident was considered isolated due to the nature of the attacker.
  ◊ Security measures have been taken to make it even harder to get to the pilot’s area.
  ◊ Pilot program for Vilfast was altered and the city is piloted by three Living Rune Weapons.
  ◊ The Galvan Republic has stated that until Vilfast has garnered a track record for safety it will not seek to allow a Skyfast over its lands again, barring a national or international emergency.

Rascal is made a squire in Greenwater and the Galvin Republic. He is presented an enchanted collar with the crests of Greenwater and the Galvin Republic upon it. The baby he saved is the one buckling it on him.
  ◊ The raccoon seems far more interested in the fact when he shows it off he is given food.

Vilfast launches at the end of this year, many of the refugees (4,000) take up offers of starting over from the Three Brothers Trading Company. They in turn end up helping many of the Vilgard newcomers to life aboard a Skyfast.

It was also decreed that Skyfasts could no longer be stopped over cities, with the exception of transport and passenger puck-up and drop-off. The current Skyfasts have been moved to no longer rest over cities.

~ Five Years After: 9987 A.T. ~

Margrave Prefect Magnus and Margrave Prefect Zarena wed, after all she is a purebred Galvin.
  ◊ It is made illegal to kill Raccoons in Badenfeld’s regional prefectures.

Lady Leena Gray splits her time watching her adopted children enter school in Ith-Mahal, Helping to run the various companies she has interests in, and presiding on the World Council for Aerial Safety and Transportation.

1,000 Arudanni Wizards join the 6 Astral Lords/Ladies and 3 Astral Mages in making an Astral Kingdom for the Realms of the Skyfasts to use for evacuation, study and training.
  ◊ A select few non- Arudanni are allowed to become residents of the realm. Among them is Lady Leena Gray.

~ Ten Years After: 9992 A.T. ~

Aenor the summoner (who transported the group a few times) was hired by Matthias at Leena’s suggestion, and acknowledged with the minor title of Lord in the Kingdom of Greenwater this year. He now splits his time between working for the company and teaching at the local school. His old lifestyle has been restored.

There is now many children named in several kingdoms bearing the first names of Zahtist, Magnus, Leena and even Savina as their exploits have been put to public record and many a bardic troupes recount there exploits in plays and song.

The term “Rascal-like” is appointed to animals (and sometimes even people) who are incredibly loyal.

~ Nineteen Years After: 10001 A.T. ~

The Ambassador for Fikir Tayfa asks the Ambassador of the Realm of the Skyfasts to open an Embassy on each of the existing Skyfasts. This move is unprecedented as the current ambassador, a Gosai Astral Lord, Narakosh is returning home to somewhere in the Barrens. He has checked with his government and they would like to invite the Skyfasts ambassador to the hidden realm, meet his replacement and then make up his mind.

Anti-Empire protests have begun in Berkay from the Orcs wishing to establish their own lands. Many Quorian Wandercamps have come under attack.

Protests have been filed with the World Council regarding coercion regarding how the Realms of the Skyfasts have gotten the lucky honor of seeing Fikir Tayfa before the world.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

I likey, I was hoping this would turn up here. Congratulations on getting campaign of the month.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Nice work! Glad to see this here as well, although I read them all on Obsidian Portal!
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”