Naruni Arms and North America

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Re: Naruni Arms and North America

Unread post by eliakon »

imposterzilla wrote:Do Naruni guns specifically need clips from Naruni? It seems so, but in Rifts Mercenaries it says, "standard E clips". Also, do you think in the more remote areas of the country there are Naruni traders?

The answer is Both, Maybe, Depends.
The weapons sold in North America are most likely designed to work on standard e-clips
Just like the ones sold in Phase World work on their local e-clip.
I am sure that Naruni has its own e-clip that it uses for when its the sole supplier as well...

Of course E-clip (in)compatibility is poorly covered in canon to begin with.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
rifter72
D-Bee

Unread post by rifter72 »

I assume that with a little bending here, little sanding there and some Duck tape, any E-clip could be universal.
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

rifter72 wrote:I assume that with a little bending here, little sanding there and some Duck tape, any E-clip could be universal.

Or just a set of adapter cables which can be made by any competent engineer or suitably trained electrical/mechanical sort.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Richardson
Wanderer

Unread post by Richardson »

I seem to recall that Naruni e-clips are in fact solidified plasma, not a super battery like the Rifts Earth e-clip, and actually used up as fired similar to a hot glue stick. One Naruni rifle was specifically mentioned as functioning off earth e-clips and dealt 6d6 instead of 1d4x10 to represent this but specifically the same rifle otherwise. So yes, Naruni does have it's own clips and the are not directly interchangeable. However being a mechanic is WAY more impressive in the postapocalytic future than today. My own mechanic can't figure out why the darn service engine soon light is on in my car, but your average PC Operator can strip the fans off a hover tank and slap them onto an ice box sized nuclear reactor in 2 hours with some dental floss and a cheese slicer while drunk.

Go with what your GM allows.
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

Richardson wrote:I seem to recall that Naruni e-clips are in fact solidified plasma, not a super battery like the Rifts Earth e-clip, and actually used up as fired similar to a hot glue stick. One Naruni rifle was specifically mentioned as functioning off earth e-clips and dealt 6d6 instead of 1d4x10 to represent this but specifically the same rifle otherwise. So yes, Naruni does have it's own clips and the are not directly interchangeable. However being a mechanic is WAY more impressive in the postapocalytic future than today. My own mechanic can't figure out why the darn service engine soon light is on in my car, but your average PC Operator can strip the fans off a hover tank and slap them onto an ice box sized nuclear reactor in 2 hours with some dental floss and a cheese slicer while drunk.

Go with what your GM allows.

You're thinking of the plasma cartridges. The Naruni weapons that use those do not use e-clips. Other weapons (like the laser and particle weapons) do use e-clips.

--flatline
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

imposterzilla wrote:Do Naruni guns specifically need clips from Naruni? It seems so, but in Rifts Mercenaries it says, "standard E clips". Also, do you think in the more remote areas of the country there are Naruni traders?

The N dealers might sell N E-clips that will hold more power then earth standard e-clips, and are incompatible with non-N weapons due to some locking chips (or something) in the e-clip.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

In NG 2, the 'newest' Rifts book out there, there's a notation about their universal energy cord from the power armor.

It stipulates that it works with weapons from North America (NG, Chipwell, CS etc) And then says it even works with Traix stuff, and the Geo front. Then goes on to say it even works with Naruni eclips.

So they seem to be 'different'.

Sort of like you can't use a magazine from A Sig 9mm in a glock, or amagazine from your AR15, with an AK47.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...

Return to “Rifts®”