Two questions

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

FrankSerpico
D-Bee

Two questions

Unread post by FrankSerpico »

-Which book are the Republicans described in?
-Is there any info from the original printing of Vampire Kingdoms that's omitted from the revised edition?
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Re: Two questions

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

The Republicans are described in Rifts Source book 1 Revised (the cover of which is different than the original version so it is easy to tell them apart). They might be mentioned in Shemerian Nation (been awhile since I looked at that book) and are vaguely mentioned in the original Rifts Main Book for the Wash. DC area (no real info though).

As for Vampire kingdom revised/original. I do not know off hand as I don't have either version of the book. I thought the stuff that was removed from original found its way into Vampire source book though.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

FrankSerpico wrote:-Which book are the Republicans described in?
-Is there any info from the original printing of Vampire Kingdoms that's omitted from the revised edition?

a) Rifts Sourcebook One(Revised Edition) is where you'll find the most about them. Mention is made in a few other books, but that's mainly one or two lines about how the Republicans are likely to react to various specific threats like the Minion War.
b) Can't answer that, sorry(away from my book collection at the moment).
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

FrankSerpico wrote:-Is there any info from the original printing of Vampire Kingdoms that's omitted from the revised edition?

The info on the Yucatan was moved to the VSB. Some of that's been changed as well. Members of the Reid Rangers have been changed and/or updated, vampire intelligences were updated. It's likely that the towns described in the original have been updated as well.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

ShadowLogan wrote:The Republicans are described in Rifts Source book 1 Revised (the cover of which is different than the original version so it is easy to tell them apart). They might be mentioned in Shemerian Nation (been awhile since I looked at that book) and are vaguely mentioned in the original Rifts Main Book for the Wash. DC area (no real info though).
...snip

And...if I am remembering correctly...in the Mutants in Orbit had the original mention of the Republicans.

And...not very sure..the revised Federation of Magic book might have some republican text in the new expanded part of the books.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
ShadowLogan wrote:The Republicans are described in Rifts Source book 1 Revised (the cover of which is different than the original version so it is easy to tell them apart). They might be mentioned in Shemerian Nation (been awhile since I looked at that book) and are vaguely mentioned in the original Rifts Main Book for the Wash. DC area (no real info though).
...snip

And...if I am remembering correctly...in the Mutants in Orbit had the original mention of the Republicans.

And...not very sure..the revised Federation of Magic book might have some republican text in the new expanded part of the books.

Actually RMB had the first mention of the Republicans.

Rifts Main Book pg. 146 wrote:The city of Washington is in ruins, although a thriving tech-center, calling itself the "Republicans," lays claim to the old ruins and subterranean tunnels of the old subways. They are a growing power in the East (60% human; little magic, but heavy on all forms of augmentation and psionics)
FrankSerpico
D-Bee

I already have the RMB so I'm aware of the info there. I'll have to check out the revised sourcebook, thanks. As for the Vamp questions, was mainly just seeing if there was any reason to keep the non-revised world book if/when I grab the new one
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

There where several TW devices and weapons that did not make it into the revised.
If I recall right some of the other anti vamp weapons did not show up as well.
(new stuff was added but stuff was removed.)
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Vamp Kingdoms Revised and its sourcebook really only expanded info and updated the timeline to 109 PA. Its biggest changes were really in game mechanics. Aside D-Bees which were omitted (they all appear in Dbees of North America), I cannot think of any story or canon arc that was omitted from the Original to the Revised books aside advancing the timeline 10 years and making references to the other 30+ world books that were written after the Original book was released.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

next up: World Book 2Atlantis, Revised: "we took out all the new races and added in the new power arrows and symbiotes from SDM, gave Splynncryth a couple deific powers, and increased Styphathal by 1 experience level, thanks for the money"
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
FrankSerpico
D-Bee

I may just avoid the revised book altogether then. Maybe just roll with my original printing and pick up either the Sourcebook or Dark Conversions instead.
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

FrankSerpico wrote:I may just avoid the revised book altogether then. Maybe just roll with my original printing and pick up either the Sourcebook or Dark Conversions instead.

If you are going to roll with the original printing and ot get the Revised printing, I do no suggest getting the Sourcebook, since all the Sourcebook is all the stuff that was revised, but didnt make it to the main book. Think of it as Vampire Kingdoms Revised part 2. If you are going with the original book, the source book is not going to make you happy.

Additionally, Dark Conversions is pretty much void now, if you already have the Hades and Dyval books. There are still a few nuggets of goodness in there, but over 65% of that book has been reprinted with better rules with Hades, Dyval, and RUE. If you do NOT have those books, DC is still useful, especially if you are sticking with the pre-RUE books.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

DC: "even though Nightbane already says just convert to MD, we will reprint the powers anyway as MD, kind of like with Skraypers, also Rifts has a Darklands and humans are now Nightbane
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “Rifts®”