Human Traits from Lone Star WB

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Crow Splat
Explorer

Human Traits from Lone Star WB

Unread post by Crow Splat »

I see a lot of folks post up characters here but few of them are ever human. And the ones that are, never have any of the special traits from the table in the Lone Star book.

So who here uses them? And what is your favorite one?

Personally, I like quick learner as I tend to put my highest Stat rolls into IQ and more skills is always nice, even without a bonus.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Re: Human Traits from Lone Star WB

Unread post by Glistam »

Last time I played Rifts I tried to get the G.M. to go with my using those on my character, but he declined.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Crow Splat wrote:I see a lot of folks post up characters here but few of them are ever human. And the ones that are, never have any of the special traits from the table in the Lone Star book.

So who here uses them? And what is your favorite one?

Personally, I like quick learner as I tend to put my highest Stat rolls into IQ and more skills is always nice, even without a bonus.

Yup.
Anything that gives you more skills is pretty cool.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Slight001
Hero

Unread post by Slight001 »

My players had access to a modified version... I, however, never found a GM who would even consider them... had no problem with a yeno cyber-knight... but damned be him that lets the human combat mage roll on that list... or find any more spells for the entire campaign...
"If your plan relies upon chance to succeed, then you've already failed."
"Sometimes to achieve the greatest good, one must commit great evil."
Morik
Explorer

Unread post by Morik »

I let any Human OCC non mage, who is not psychic (and with no more than 3 cyber implant) roll on the table. I love the savant option. Gives more expertise for a couple of skills for the player.
Incriptus
Hero
Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!

Unread post by Incriptus »

Didn't know the table existed!

I guess I've never engaged Lone Star in any meaningful manner. Heck it took two looks over the table of contents still didn't see it (it is there under the header of 'other areas of GED research) and had to do a page by page to find it.

I wouldn't be adverse from giving adventurer style classes a shot at that chart ...
grandmaster z0b
Champion

Unread post by grandmaster z0b »

I would use it if the other players in the party were all more powerful for some reason e.g. the others were true atlanteans, sea titans, powerful dee bees etc.
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

The current game that I am in run by sirkermitsg allows any human pc who is native to rifts earth to roll on the table.
Its a nice perk for the natives that helps to balance out the fact that they don't get the cool D-Bee toys, or powers, or skills.
I am thinking of following suite for games with lots of D-bees myself.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Crow Splat
Explorer

Unread post by Crow Splat »

I used to put restrictions on what classes could roll for them. But I've gotten to a point where I let any character that was born human roll to see if they have any special traits.

At the end of the day, munchkins will be munchkins and if they think that this table is what is going to push their character over the edge then whatever. It's Rifts, there's probably a dozen more ridiculous combinations out there that they could have brought and this way I don't have to hear them whine about not getting their way.
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

I usually have the players roll on that table, sometimes outside of RIFTS too.. Great stuff to round out a character.
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."

Return to “Rifts®”