nexus points

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

oger333
Explorer

nexus points

Unread post by oger333 »

could one build a fist size pyramid and move a nexus point around ? and could you have a pyramid that small . and have the same powers ?
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Re: nexus points

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Off hand I don't think there is a specific size limit for a pyramid to work. Though one could take the sizes listed for MDC as an indication.

No a Pyramid could not be used to move a Nexus Point or Ley Line.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

no
unknown
unknown, probably not
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by 13eowulf »

While a pyramid itself cannot move a nexus point I am intrigued by your idea here.

What would happen if a Nazca Line Mage and a Stone Master got together?

in theory a portable pyramid on a nexus could be the result...
Oderint Dum Metuant.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

oger333 wrote:could one build a fist size pyramid and move a nexus point around ? and could you have a pyramid that small . and have the same powers ?

No, the writeup for stone pyramids clearly has the smallest available size as 100 feet tall to control the nexus energy. page 104 of the Atlantis book
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

If we're talking mobile pyramids, the most flexible I could see here is some kind of 100ft pyramid-on-wheels (or somehow make it float) so that it could travel up and down a ley line or turn on nexus intersections. Could not move energy from where it's fixed (though Nazca can make new lines or extend existing ones) but I'm not sure if pyramids have to be fixed or not.

Course I have no idea how much a pyramid (even the smallest) weighs and how much energy it'd take to transport something like that.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

I'm reminded of something out of Mutants in the Yucatan. Didn't they have flying pyramids? Or were those just platforms?
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”