Alternative Tattoos

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Alternative Tattoos

Unread post by 13eowulf »

So I, off and on, give thought to what characters with 'Magic Tattoo Envy' might do.

The current subject of my thoughts is Nazcan Line Magic.

Now the Wield Lightning line drawing can be drawn on the flesh of others. Theoretically it can be 'tattooed' by adding permanency, or it can possibly actually be tattooed there.

But what other line drawings can work as tattoos? Specifically I am thinking of Pattern Armour, but am unsure.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Alternative Tattoos

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Lesser animal
Greater animal
monster drawing
line blast
pattern of wounding
power symbol

the ones I'd call iffy as "tats", looking at them through GM eyes.
Draught of Health
Feast Sign

Any others I would make the player create a good story, written in their background, about how they earned them. And totally nixing the "secret" patter spells from being able to be used as "tats".

This might be a good area to develop/create new pattern spells for.
--------------
In the Rune Warrior. next page after the line maker, says the patters of power are drawn onto the skin.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Alternative Tattoos

Unread post by 13eowulf »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Lesser animal
Greater animal
monster drawing
line blast
pattern of wounding
power symbol

the ones I'd call iffy as "tats", looking at them through GM eyes.
Draught of Health
Feast Sign

Any others I would make the player create a good story, written in their background, about how they earned them. And totally nixing the "secret" patter spells from being able to be used as "tats".

This might be a good area to develop/create new pattern spells for.
--------------
In the Rune Warrior. next page after the line maker, says the patters of power are drawn onto the skin.

I completely agree on nixing the secret patterns, with the possible exception of permanency, but modifying permanency so the recipient of the tattoo has to pay the permanent PPE cost to be able to activate the drawings themselves as tattoos, rather then needing the line mage to activate the tattoos.
This adds a 'cost' for the tattoos, and provides a mechanic by which the recipient becomes the 'owner' of the drawing, without having the drawing be constantly active.
Oderint Dum Metuant.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”