I got 99 problems but a Lich ain't one

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Incriptus
Hero
Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!

I got 99 problems but a Lich ain't one

Unread post by Incriptus »

Did some quick searching on the forums, did find a few hits, but it's been years since the last discussion so I figure I'd start anew. Plus I came up with a cool thread subject title :-)

Looking for a Lich knockoff ...

First thoughts are there are two undead creatures from South America 1 & South America 2 who fit the bill of powerful intelligent undead, but neither of them are something you've willingly become.

Second thought is a HU style undead Mega-Hero, either a mystic study or a russian necromancer

Third thought is indeed a Necromancer who's cast the vampire spell, but I don't want the vampire trappings. (although it's not like I can't just mix and match the ones I want)

Fourth Thought: Nightbane Morheus

Final Thought: Make something up completely
Shark_Force
Palladin

Re: I got 99 problems but a Lich ain't one

Unread post by Shark_Force »

just recently reread rifter 50, there's a mortificant spell that can steal the power from a master vampire in it, but i don't believe it actually turns you into a vampire (though it will allow you to command lesser vampires). that might fit the bill, if you have access.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

You might want to check out the Land of the Damned Series (#2 is what I'm thinking of specifically) from the Palladium Fantasy Line. There might be something in there for what you are looking for.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

I would go with the south america 2 undead immortals option they are pretty powerful and lich like.

Other option is not quite undead but has a lot of undeadish features is the cold blooded OCC from merc adventures. They are not quite dead but are close to it and are REALLY hard to keep dead. Ironically they are super good vs necromancers and other undead.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

The two-part Castlerake adventure from the Rifter has a lich stated out, and has a spell for becoming one. I don't currently remember which numbers they are.
SpiritInterface
Hero

Unread post by SpiritInterface »

In the Palladium Monsters and Animals on page 121 is the Mummy Immortalus. According to the write up it is a person, often mage, who was turned into a type of undead while retaining its mind and magic.
Veni Vidi Vici
Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem
Sic vis pacem, Para bellum
Audentes fortuna iuvat
O Tolmon Nika
Oderint Dum Metuant
random_username
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Just an old dude Gamer (GM and Player) who had the honor of gaming with several great groups of folks over the years.

Unread post by random_username »

There is a very simple 3-stage Lich-equivalent combo that is incredibly powerful (especially with some bona fied adjudication) wherein you can create a deific level NPC. That makes for a very good villain NPC.

Have one for a module/e-book/equivalent story-line shelved based on this. :)

Let the games begin...
If something makes the RPG experience better that's great. If not don't use it.

If not overly informative hopefully it was at least mildly amusing. Munchkin Clown Away! <fwoosh... honk, honk>
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

SpiritInterface wrote:In the Palladium Monsters and Animals on page 121 is the Mummy Immortalus. According to the write up it is a person, often mage, who was turned into a type of undead while retaining its mind and magic.

This is the simplest by the book lich equivalent.
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg

Return to “Rifts®”