Malvoren's and PPE

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SpiritInterface
Hero

Malvoren's and PPE

Unread post by SpiritInterface »

In my copy of WB30 D-bees of North America page 140 has Malvoren starting PPE as "3D6x10+ P.E. Attribute Number + 3D6x10" Is this a typo or is that how they meant it?
Veni Vidi Vici
Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem
Sic vis pacem, Para bellum
Audentes fortuna iuvat
O Tolmon Nika
Oderint Dum Metuant
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Re: Malvoren's and PPE

Unread post by The Beast »

SpiritInterface wrote:In my copy of WB30 D-bees of North America page 140 has Malvoren starting PPE as "3D6x10+ P.E. Attribute Number + 3D6x10" Is this a typo or is that how they meant it?

I'm gonna go with typo, because if that's what they meant, they would have gone with 6d6*10+PE.
HarleeKnight
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: For the White Rose!!!

Unread post by HarleeKnight »

It is a typo. It was covered in another forum, exhaustively, with some of the writers weighing in on it.
There are two kinds of people in this world... 1: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data
SpiritInterface
Hero

HarleeKnight wrote:It is a typo. It was covered in another forum, exhaustively, with some of the writers weighing in on it.

I did a search and could not find it.
Veni Vidi Vici
Audentes fortuna iuvat
O Tolmon Nika
Oderint Dum Metuant
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

SpiritInterface wrote:
HarleeKnight wrote:It is a typo. It was covered in another forum, exhaustively, with some of the writers weighing in on it.

Greetings and Salutations. Check the D-Bees of North America - Comments/Questions thread that's stickied. I have trouble including links on my phone, but for me I think it's setup for 50 posts per page.click to page 2. You'll see the question quoted as saying first post (it was asked early in page 1 but never addressed). The Galactus Kid answers, and later Levi (author of the race from my understanding) answers. Both say it's a typo. If you hit the red comment from Mack, you've gone too far in the thread. Farewell and safe journeys.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Marcus
Explorer

Unread post by Marcus »

Levi wrote:
Retired Juicer wrote:
Question:
On page 140, Under P.P.E., It states: 3D6x10 +P.E. attribute number +3D6x10, and an additional 10 per level of experience.

Is this an obvious typo? ?

That is in fact a typo. I'm not sure what happened during editing, but it should have read:

P.P.E.: 3D6x10 +P.E. attribute, and an additional 10 P.P.E per level of experience.

I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner, I just haven't been visiting the boards much these days.
Dear optimists, pessimists, and realists,
While you were all arguing over the glass of water, I just drank it.

Sincerely,
an opportunist.
SpiritInterface
Hero

Prysus wrote:
SpiritInterface wrote:

Greetings and Salutations. Check the D-Bees of North America - Comments/Questions thread that's stickied. I have trouble including links on my phone, but for me I think it's setup for 50 posts per page.click to page 2. You'll see the question quoted as saying first post (it was asked early in page 1 but never addressed). The Galactus Kid answers, and later Levi (author of the race from my understanding) answers. Both say it's a typo. If you hit the red comment from Mack, you've gone too far in the thread. Farewell and safe journeys.

Thank you, this is what I was looking for.
Last edited by SpiritInterface on Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Veni Vidi Vici
Audentes fortuna iuvat
O Tolmon Nika
Oderint Dum Metuant
HarleeKnight
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: For the White Rose!!!

Unread post by HarleeKnight »

Thank you, Prysus. I had no idea where I had read it, I just knew that I had.
There are two kinds of people in this world... 1: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

Return to “Rifts®”