Immortal Demon Lord Mega Hero Help!

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Baron mugwort
Dungeon Crawler

Immortal Demon Lord Mega Hero Help!

Unread post by Baron mugwort »

Hello all, please help!

I have been tasked with rolling a Demon Lord Mega Hero for a short campaign however I am new to HU2E.

My question is this: How the hell do I roll this guy?

Ideally I want him to be a caster, the book says roll as a mega hero. So if I decide to roll him as a Wizard do I still then get to roll on the table in section 2: Other powers and abilities?

Basically can I make a wizard with associated spells and abilities plus, Immortality, Plus the extra mega power and then still roll on table 2 for even more powers? Or am I reading this wrong?

Thanks in advance, sorry for being a noob lol
"Baron Mugwort, I think you are the official representative of the intrests of Giants in Rifts. Its a great job (full benefits!)." Argos.

http://www.kingsofrpg.com For all things RPG!
Contribute to the website with your own RPG advice, stories and adventures! barnonmugwort@ding-irl.com
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Immortal Demon Lord Mega Hero Help!

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

You misunderstand. when it says the demon lord immortal is a mega hero, it means he gets all the features of a Mega Hero (such as faster healing, increased range, ect), but he does not get another power catagory. it means that you roll up the immortals power catagory as a mega hero, not that you get a second power catagory as a mega hero. the mega hero template is simply applied on top of all the listed powers and bonuses.

the confusion is that while all Immortals get the mega power of immortality, only a few are considered mega heroes--the rest get the immortality mega power but no other features.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Baron mugwort
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Baron mugwort »

Thanks Nekira, I thought it seemed a bit OP

So Basically I am better going for Super abilities and Magic from table 2?

That being the case does spell strength ever increase with level or does it stay at 12?

Thanks for your help!
"Baron Mugwort, I think you are the official representative of the intrests of Giants in Rifts. Its a great job (full benefits!)." Argos.

http://www.kingsofrpg.com For all things RPG!
Contribute to the website with your own RPG advice, stories and adventures! barnonmugwort@ding-irl.com
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Order of the steps for mega hero Immortals:
◆Roll the stats as normal
◆Add in the Mega Heros
◆Add in the Demon Lord modifications
◆Chose one of the four Powers sets that gives magic to the char. (since you have chosen to be a mage in your char concept.)
(((This is where I deviate from the book slightly because the next tables are limited in concepts and some putting the cart before the horse.)))
◆Choose if your char is "from earth". If 'from earth' skip the 'reasons why' table and the 'Familiarity' table.
◆ if not from earth roll (or choose) on the reasons for being on earth table (because its a Demon lord I would re-roll any roll of 91 or greater) & Roll on the Familiarity table. However, if the char is not of earth but has been there a long long time only roll just the 'why' table but not the 'familiarity' table because he has been there long enough to be familiar as if from earth.

◆You choose how old the char is before looking at the education tables or roll a D1000 (for the roll it is better to use a on chat die roller program cause using real die (3D10) will bent the average age higher then if using die roller.

◆◆Education
~~if from earth go to the HU2 Main book and roll for their education as normal and then add in the age related modifications based on the char's age.
~~if not from earth then roll of choose an education for immortals not from earth and add in the age related modifications based on the char's age.

◆Alinement: if you are going to be working with heros then pick one of the selfish alinements, if it is a villains game then pick a selfish or evil alinement. (Demon lords can not be any "good" alinement as per the DL text.)
◆ Roll for money as per 'of earth' or 'not from earth' status.
◆Weapons
~look at your char concept and choose magic or modern weapons.
~~If you choose a magic weapon roll on those tables. Ether ignoring a roll of 01-05 & re-rolling or talk to your GM about having a TW weapon from Rifts.
~~If you choose to have modern weapons and the character came from off world you might want to look through the Aliens personal weapons table in the HU2 main book or look at the weapons available from the AU or AUGG book.
------
If the character is a heroic "good" demon then you might want to look at the Heroic Hellion power cat. in the Armageddon Unlimited book.
------
You also might want to look at the Rifter with the optional text covering how the Mega Hero status affects the char's magic. Yes, you will need to talk to your GM to get approval to use them.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Baron mugwort wrote:Thanks Nekira, I thought it seemed a bit OP

So Basically I am better going for Super abilities and Magic from table 2?

That being the case does spell strength ever increase with level or does it stay at 12?

Thanks for your help!

the data for increasing spell strength appears to be missing from the immortals catagory, even for those that are purely wizards and have no other powers. On the other hand this is also missing from Mystically Bestowed heroes who get spell magic. it's difficult to tell if this is an ommission by editing or a deliberate choice for balance reasons.

either way it's up to your GM.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
◆Alinement.

In my house game, I use Alignment instead."
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

say652 wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
◆Alinement.

"Tomato, Tom'ah'to" said the typo deamon. :P
Yep you caught me not using my spellchecker.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
say652 wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
◆Alinement.

"Tomato, Tom'ah'to" said the typo deamon. :P
Yep you caught me not using my spellchecker.

First time in about six years actually.

Glorious.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”