You are made King/Queen

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

You are made King/Queen

Unread post by Astral Pantheon »

You are now a Yama King/Queen or if you don't have Rifts China: You are a King/Queen of a level of the Underworld with all the below conditions:

Jade Emperor issued unique mandates to Player Character (You) becoming a New Yama King/Queen. The New Yama King/Queen must collect/rescue the dead and the damned (this and other dimensions) - returning them to Narakas to resume saṃsāra. Restore celestial order by forcing China's Demons to return to work in "their" Narakas...the Green Scarf Sect and their services. Finally, if the New Yama Kings can break the fog over China.

King Yama or Yanluo is a dharmapala said to judge the dead and damned. The Yama Kings preside over the Narakas*- Hells or Purgatories and the cycle of saṃsāra**.

*Naraka refers to in English as hell or purgatory. The Narakas firstly, beings are not sent to Naraka as the result of a divine judgment and punishment; secondly, the length of a being's stay in a Naraka is not eternal, though it is usually very long.

**Saṃsāra means wandering, with the connotation of cyclic, circuitous change. It also refers to rebirth and cyclicality of all life, matter, and existence. Saṃsāra is defined as transmigration, karmic cycle, reincarnation, and cycle of aimless drifting, wandering or mundane existence.

A being is born into a Naraka as a direct result of his or her accumulated actions ,karma, and resides there for a finite period of time until that karma has achieved its full result. After his or her karma is used up, he or she will be reborn in one of the higher worlds as the result of karma that had not yet ripened.

A few Yama Kings are free on Rifts Earth. Some sources describe five hundred or even hundreds of thousands of different Narakas.

---Some grey areas: demons outside China, Non believer soul, and/or lost souls like Madhaven ... ect---

Player Character (You) gain the following:

10 Levels as Immortal King/Queen
stats are supernatural
thousands Mdc
hundreds PPE select 20 spells any
hundred ISP/CHI select 4 chi or super and sensitive plus healing or physical psychic powers
Power over Domain
Regenerate 4d6 per melee
Immune to mind control, possession, curses, Soul/spirit attacks, normal cold, normal heat, and Aging
Doesn't Eat, Breathe, Drink, nor Sleep
Command Demons with Domain
Weakness: True Immortal Form Cannot leave Narakas unless Summoned by Jade Emperor.

Main Power
Create Single Avatar: must start at 1st level (almost any class)
and must be human...each avatar has its own stats and abilities...select a location on Earth...start with gain experience as normal...this avatar is how the Yama King/Queen affects the mortal plane ...if dies vanishes as if it never existed...can create a new 1st level...and begin again.

[and no You cannot kill yourself many times leaving your stuff to your next self...nuff' said.]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Where would you begin?

and

2. What 1st level O.c.c. (R.c.c for psychic or spirit host)- human would you be??

---But Your True Immortal Form is still King/Queen---

!!!Some help from wikipedia on the Yama King ... customized to fit Rifts!!!
Last edited by Astral Pantheon on Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Axelmania
Knight

Re: You are made King/Queen

Unread post by Axelmania »

OCC: Ecto-Traveler from Mindwerks then my avatar can be most mobile in astral form and manifest physically to help people everywhere. My actual form will live nearby to protect it in case Angel of Death realizes I am goofing off.
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Unread post by Astral Pantheon »

Axelmania wrote:OCC: Ecto-Traveler from Mindwerks then my avatar can be most mobile in astral form and manifest physically to help people everywhere. My actual form will live nearby to protect it in case Angel of Death realizes I am goofing off.

Axelmania, always liked Ecto-Traveler :ok:
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Axelmania wrote:OCC: Ecto-Traveler from Mindwerks then my avatar can be most mobile in astral form and manifest physically to help people everywhere. My actual form will live nearby to protect it in case Angel of Death realizes I am goofing off.

(Imagines the expression on the unfortunate bastard who attempts to assault the EcT's body, and finds what's effectively an Alien Intelligence guarding it...) :shock:
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

If not limited to Rifts Earth. I would choose An Astral Lord or Mage, with a leaning towards the Mage. Thus gaining access to the entire astral plane and its associated Megaversal links.
Zamion138
Hero

Unread post by Zamion138 »

Temporal Wizard start at lv 5 thus im lv 15 when it kicks in and now I have the PPE for the spells and my low cost lightning bolts do 15d6 los......
That or dragon juicer..... I cant die from old age and I can probably convience elder dragons for a pint now and then of blood with my new powers

Return to “Rifts®”