Humanity Supreme 2.0

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Humanity Supreme 2.0

Unread post by Astral Pantheon »

Alternate Earth: Humanity Supreme 2.0

Rewind to the Tolkeen War- CS unleash a Super Nuke on Tolkeen but is swallowed by the ley lines. The Ley Lines Ripple and discharge a wave across the planet. All Sdc humans (and Ogres) were gifted with the following powers:

Edited

Juicers, Crazies and Borgs reject then expel components (and drugs) but the "Gifts" are bestowed. The traumatic shock will stun that human for a time and may have longer lasting mental problems. Angel of Death at Mindwerks would go to off the deep end.

--Human/Ogre--

All Powers are Frozen at levels listed below:
MDC 50
Regenerate 2d6 per melee
Immune to Energy
+10 vs Magic, Psychic, and Horror Factor
+6 Possession and Mind Control*
*Powers Lost while under Possession and Mind Control
PS(SN) 30
PE 24
No longer needs air, food, nor water....4 hours of rest every ten days is all thats needed
Spd 44 (30 mph)
Flight 15 mph
Senses: As Eyes of Wolf spell
when killed body losses all gifts
Powers are Gifted Cannot be Negated
However, Gifts vanish off planet Earth 2.0.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
As with Alternate Earth: Humanity Supreme the CS spin is: "The Earth itself has gifted Us with the Power to retake the Planet in the Name of Humanity. No longer must we fear the creatures of the Rifts for this is the Dawn of Humanity. We will push these parasites off Our Planet or grind them into the ground but we will March across the world in the Name of the Planet Earth and for Our children along with all future generations of humans. We are the Guardians of this planet and Earth has given us the power to be victorious over any threat...Long Live the Earth, Long live Humanity, and Long Live the Coalition."
--------------------------------------------------------------------

How would this really effected the Tolkeen War?

How would this have effected the world??

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

-----Edited------

As for more Nukes...The Ley Lines Ripple and discharge another wave across the planet. However, the Ley Lines turn Golden:

All Supernatural/Magic Creatures
-Max MDC then Doubled
-All Physical Stats are Max for that creature

Juicers, Crazies and Borgs reject then expel components (and drugs) but the "Gifts" are bestowed. The traumatic shock will stun that human for a time and may have longer lasting mental problems. Angel of Death at Mindwerks would go to off the deep end.

--Human/Ogre--

All Powers are Frozen at levels listed below:
MDC 400
Regenerate 2d6 per melee
Immune to Energy
+12 vs Magic, Psychic, and Horror Factor
+8 Possession and Mind Control*
*Powers Lost while under Possession and Mind Control
PS(SN) 60
PE 30
No longer needs air, food, nor water....4 hours of rest every ten days is all that's needed
Spd 88 (60 mph)
Flight 30 mph
Senses: As Eyes of Wolf spell
when killed body losses all gifts
Powers are Gifted Cannot be Negated
However, Gifts vanish off planet Earth 2.0.

Any more Nukes have no effect on Ley Lines.

:demon: The World would become a Savage Battleground :demon:
Last edited by Astral Pantheon on Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Axelmania
Knight

Re: Humanity Supreme 2.0

Unread post by Axelmania »

I guess if that happens the CS would be more accepting of Sea Titans and Amazons then.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

more likely most of civilization would completely lose their minds for a while.

i mean, a substantial portion of the population has *hated* basically everything this represents for an extended period of time. sure, eventually they'll probably find some coping mechanisms (and go right on back to arbitrarily hating everything that isn't their new version of human enough), but it'll probably lead to a fair number of suicides, widespread depression, panic attacks, and otherwise be an extremely traumatic experience for most people until they do find those coping mechanisms.
bobharly
Explorer

Unread post by bobharly »

Shark_Force wrote:more likely most of civilization would completely lose their minds for a while.

i mean, a substantial portion of the population has *hated* basically everything this represents for an extended period of time. sure, eventually they'll probably find some coping mechanisms (and go right on back to arbitrarily hating everything that isn't their new version of human enough), but it'll probably lead to a fair number of suicides, widespread depression, panic attacks, and otherwise be an extremely traumatic experience for most people until they do find those coping mechanisms.

This is an interesting take. Not everyone who wakes up with "super powers" will have a healthy reaction to it. The CS would likely continue to fight Tolkeen, blaming them for this abomination!

World Wide, not everyone will think this a good thing, when most power comes with a price (Juicer or Borg?), so who is to say how long these powers will last or what side effects they will have. There would be a period of chaos before people calm down and get comfortable with new abilities again, and that for the folks who can handle the change.

I don't want to be a downer, but it was an open question. If you want to do the energy ripple, perhaps de-power the supernatural. The CS would love that! Heck they might launch a few more nukes just to see if they could replicate it. Who knows?
HWalsh
Hero

Unread post by HWalsh »

Another concern. What about Bionic rejection? When humans become SN creatures what happens to those who have implants? Or Juicers?
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Axelmania wrote:I guess if that happens the CS would be more accepting of Sea Titans and Amazons then.

Maybe.

Shark_Force wrote:more likely most of civilization would completely lose their minds for a while.

Depressing but very true.

bobharly wrote:This is an interesting take. Not everyone who wakes up with "super powers" will have a healthy reaction to it. The CS would likely continue to fight Tolkeen, blaming them for this abomination!

World Wide, not everyone will think this a good thing, when most power comes with a price (Juicer or Borg?), so who is to say how long these powers will last or what side effects they will have. There would be a period of chaos before people calm down and get comfortable with new abilities again, and that for the folks who can handle the change.

I don't want to be a downer, but it was an open question. If you want to do the energy ripple, perhaps de-power the supernatural. The CS would love that! Heck they might launch a few more nukes just to see if they could replicate it. Who knows?

I agree the CS would likely continue to fight Tolkeen.

As for more Nukes...

HWalsh wrote:Another concern. What about Bionic rejection? When humans become SN creatures what happens to those who have implants? Or Juicers

taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Second Age of Darkness alright, with a lot of unhinged people wanting to try out their new powers and going nuts...before running into a lot of unhappy, but willing to cope, people who distract themselves for the immediate future by putting DOWN the nutjobs... %hen they start thinking 'Is this really bad if it has allowed me to do good? Deep down inside, I FEEL like myself. Am I really changed that much?" Much soulsearching ensues. Some folks, unfortunately, decide it's the d-bees' fault, and go out looking for some 'payback'.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Shark_Force
Palladin

oh, and just to be clear... while i do think the typical human in the CS will take this worse than the typical human in, say, lazlo or the federation of magic or the pecos empire, i don't think *any* nation will really just treat it as "business as usual". any human nation at war will likely have to get a lot less active in that war for a period of time, if nothing else because there will probably be some degree of rioting.

again, people are going to lose their minds for a while. anything that involves large groups of people carrying on as if nothing has changed won't happen until people have started to understand and accept what just happened.
taalismn
Priest

The bionics industry will take a nosedive...at least until somebody remembers that there's an entire d-bee market, now desperate for ANY sort of edge to stand shoulder to shoulder with, or against, the new transformed humans.....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

taalismn wrote:Second Age of Darkness alright, with a lot of unhinged people wanting to try out their new powers and going nuts...before running into a lot of unhappy, but willing to cope, people who distract themselves for the immediate future by putting DOWN the nutjobs... %hen they start thinking 'Is this really bad if it has allowed me to do good? Deep down inside, I FEEL like myself. Am I really changed that much?" Much soulsearching ensues. Some folks, unfortunately, decide it's the d-bees' fault, and go out looking for some 'payback'.

I could see some humans blaming the d-bees.

Shark_Force wrote:oh, and just to be clear... while i do think the typical human in the CS will take this worse than the typical human in, say, lazlo or the federation of magic or the pecos empire, i don't think *any* nation will really just treat it as "business as usual". any human nation at war will likely have to get a lot less active in that war for a period of time, if nothing else because there will probably be some degree of rioting.

again, people are going to lose their minds for a while. anything that involves large groups of people carrying on as if nothing has changed won't happen until people have started to understand and accept what just happened.

I wonder what non-human nations would try to exploit this chaos?

taalismn wrote:The bionics industry will take a nosedive...at least until somebody remembers that there's an entire d-bee market, now desperate for ANY sort of edge to stand shoulder to shoulder with, or against, the new transformed humans.....

I like it :ok:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

What would Archie 3 do, if anything??
Shark_Force
Palladin

i think there are probably some fairly significant beneficiaries, but probably the most probable non-human forces to take advantage would be the gargoyles in europe. i think atlantis would initially take advantage (it is much easier to take slaves in the resulting chaos), but lacks the concentrated forces near enough to the major human nations to really take full advantage against cities and such. plus, they'll probably be busy dealing with slave riots (once the humans figure out that they are as tough as a tank and can turn stones into sand with their bare hands, and can fly, i'd expect they aren't going to put up with their usual treatment for very long... until they properly comprehend what several billion soldiers really means, that is). maybe some of the various forces in russia and china, i'm not as familiar with those regions.
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

Intersting, the TV show Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. covers some of these very same issues in Season 3 with Inhumans and their rising number thanks to the release of the Teragen (SP?) agent into the oceans.
taalismn
Priest

Given that the transformed humans are immune to energy weapons and highly resistant to magic and psionics.... and people are now tanks, MDC-wise....
Well, stun guns and 'non-lethal' magic ways of subduing people are out...
Aggressive law enforcement ramps up, with routine use of rail guns, exploding bullets, gas, vibroblades, and just plain beating the $#!+ out of people to keep'em in line. Some CS Peacekeepers go utterly 'club-happy' beating up people.
Wilks' stock plummets temporarily(they'll be back up when people remember they can still shoot at non-humans), Northern Gun sells out of blast hammers and projectile weapons overnight.....ANYBODY making MD projectile weaponry and ammunition makes a bundle as everybody re-arms against human threats internal and external.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

The energy resistance alone is going to force a lot of changes in weaponry across the world as frankly most kinetic weapons suck compared to the energy ones.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Shark_Force wrote:i think there are probably some fairly significant beneficiaries, but probably the most probable non-human forces to take advantage would be the gargoyles in europe. i think atlantis would initially take advantage (it is much easier to take slaves in the resulting chaos), but lacks the concentrated forces near enough to the major human nations to really take full advantage against cities and such. plus, they'll probably be busy dealing with slave riots (once the humans figure out that they are as tough as a tank and can turn stones into sand with their bare hands, and can fly, i'd expect they aren't going to put up with their usual treatment for very long... until they properly comprehend what several billion soldiers really means, that is). maybe some of the various forces in russia and china, i'm not as familiar with those regions.

Chaos Earth 2.0 :demon:

Marcethus wrote:Intersting, the TV show Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. covers some of these very same issues in Season 3 with Inhumans and their rising number thanks to the release of the Teragen (SP?) agent into the oceans.

Watch the show and love it :D

taalismn wrote:iven that the transformed humans are immune to energy weapons and highly resistant to magic and psionics.... and people are now tanks, MDC-wise....
Well, stun guns and 'non-lethal' magic ways of subduing people are out...
Aggressive law enforcement ramps up, with routine use of rail guns, exploding bullets, gas, vibroblades, and just plain beating the $#!+ out of people to keep'em in line. Some CS Peacekeepers go utterly 'club-happy' beating up people.
Wilks' stock plummets temporarily(they'll be back up when people remember they can still shoot at non-humans), Northern Gun sells out of blast hammers and projectile weapons overnight.....ANYBODY making MD projectile weaponry and ammunition makes a bundle as everybody re-arms against human threats internal and external.

I fully agree :ok:

Daniel Stoker wrote:The energy resistance alone is going to force a lot of changes in weaponry across the world as frankly most kinetic weapons suck compared to the energy ones.

Daniel Stoker

Yes, I believe Big changes to weaponry across the Earth :twisted:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

Astral Pantheon wrote:
Marcethus wrote:Intersting, the TV show Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. covers some of these very same issues in Season 3 with Inhumans and their rising number thanks to the release of the Teragen (SP?) agent into the oceans.

Watch the show and love it :D

It's too bad Netflix only has 66 episodes of it on there and I am nearly done with it.

Return to “Rifts®”