Mounts for Giants

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SamBell
Explorer
Comment: What is grief, if not love preserving?

Mounts for Giants

Unread post by SamBell »

Hey, fellas. Looking for a decent mount for a giant paladin. I am struggling to find anything that would make sense/be plausible for a paladin that is also one of the giant races. Thanks, as always.
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61- Colonel Cambell
Soldier of Od
Hero

Re: Mounts for Giants

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

The obvious one that springs to mind is an elephant. Or an "uughtaar" (shaggy elephant) if from the north. A melech might be suitable if your giant is on the short side.

If your gm allows it and you can explain why it would be possible for your character, they might let you ride one of the netherbeasts of Taut in the hades book.

Or, to be honest, you might just have to face up to the possibility that giants aren't really suited to that aspect of the palladin (or knight) O.C.C. and just forgo the way of the horse/lance type stuff.
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Re: Mounts for Giants

Unread post by kiralon »

Or get you dm to agree that you are big enough to be the mount and the rider and run around with a lance ;)

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”