Coolest Character

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

grymhammer
D-Bee

Favorite Character

Unread post by grymhammer »

My favorite character was a transferred intelligence bot named Jon Gideon. Story I'd had was that he was working on this bot when the Rifts came, and, well something strange happened, and then he was this bot. He'd had solar back up, or battery back up, was able to swap out the powerplant every so often to just keep going.

Eventually, he'd decided it was a good idea to jump through Rifts for fun and profit, so began his adventures in other dimensions. Eventually, he'd gotten turned into something like the T1000 from T2. He was extremely sweet then.
Shades of Eternity
Immortal
Location: formerly edmonton, now residing in my own Delusions.

Unread post by Shades of Eternity »

My very first character was awesome.

he was a red skinned, rahu-man burster with a leather fetish and a black ponytail with red tips, who drove an oversized sky cycle.

When asked for his name, his reply was "names are not important, if you need to call me something, call me deathwish."

very kewl character, but this was before triax so I had to pick up my own equipment (and gm was an ass at times).

Just wish I had known half the stuff I know now, cause I could seriously make him kick now.
The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's for which the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf denounces him for the same act as the destroyer of liberty. Plainly, the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of liberty.
- Abraham Lincoln

Uncle Servo
Champion

Re: Coolest Character

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

CyberPaladin85 wrote:What's the coolest character that you have made for a game of Rifts?

Well, there were several good ones, but I think one of my favorites was Jim "Golem" McCulloch. He was a Rogue Scholar with the super powers of APS: Metal, Growth, Xtra Speed, Xtra PP, and Xtra PE (this character was created back in the old days before HU2).

He took to calling himself 'Golem' when in metal form, and even referred to himself as 'Uncle Golem' when around kids -- the first time I used the name, the GM burst out laughing. It was then I knew I was doing something right. :ok:
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel
Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

St-ar't (speak Stuart) the Ice Dragon Hatchling.

He was my second Rifts character and started to side with the wrong side (Styphonthal of Draconia). He worked for Atlantis in the Federation of magic doing alot of bad thing because he "believed" that this is what dragons do (heck tell a few hours old hatchling what to do or what not).

Through a new GM and players he began to redeem himself and is now a 9th level hatchling fighter for the light side (but still a little bit cynical). It was a hard way to work from miscreant to unprincipled.
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
dakota
Wanderer

Unread post by dakota »

my coolest character is a 5th level Sim Bloodletter named Foster McCoy. I've had him since Manhunter came out and he kicked ass all over the Three Galaxies.

But my fav alltime wasn't Rifts. Lt. Daryn Kwana was an 8th level Brash Pilot from WEG's Star Wars who survived a Death Star II run in his A-Wing and finished off an Impstar as part of Martyr Squadron.
I'm not sick, I'm twisted. Sick sounds like there is a cure....

Administrator of The Playground
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

Fav Rifts character would have to be Kid Weasle, Psi-Slinger. He was a fairly typical 'Slinger I guess, ten gallon hat, long duster, and at least 3 pairs of pistols.

Typically went into battle with a pair of chrome plated, ivory handled Colt .45's.

He was real run to play. 8)
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

You are all lucky bastards, as it stands right now I am the only GM in my group. :x

Anyways, my last actually memorable Rifts Character was a Sovietski Cyborg Shock Trooper named "Sako."

He was a real hypocrite as he would stop his fellow characters from commiting mayhem, but the second someone dealt ten damage or more to him or crossed him in any otherway he would go psycho.

It was great to be there as a player (for once) and stop the other players from being typical "I'm going to shoot it cause its SDC and I'm not expecting any reprecussions" players. :lol:
Devjannz
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Devjannz »

Currently my favorite character is my Wolverine wanna-be (it was for fun)Wilderness Scout who gained Super Powers via Experimentation. He has EX PS, PP, PE and Healing Factor plus a set of bionic Vibro Claws. I actually had a great time playing him especially when I got to beat up a demon and throw it back through a RIFT it had come out of. It seems that his master was on the other side and did not like the fact that his minion got his butt handed to him by a lesser being. (I was really lucky).
"Hurry, were running out of time!"

"Cannot run out of time. There is infinite time. You are finite; Zathras is finite; This....is wrong tool.

Susan Ivonnova and Zathras, Babylon 5 'War Without End'
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

My coolest character was an elf ley line walker. Can't remember his name. I managed to roll a physical prowness of 35. I had a higher pp than the fighter types in the group. Ironically I was the weakest in terms of sheer power in the group too. Recent characters I would have to say a shifter in an upcoming Rifts game.
Crackpot Jones
Wanderer

Unread post by Crackpot Jones »

Vagolegeney Paradiscum (Being Turkish for Killer Tomato)

An Ex-Juicer (transformed by the Forge/GM) Hockey-obsessed Elf that has one of the most wicked attitudes this side of reality. He's one of the best self-involved super-heroes ever! Plus, for some reason, this character seems to always have a good delivery of line :D :bandit:
Shadwell hated all Southerners and, by inference, he was standing at the North Pole. - Good Omens, Page 179, Footnote 4.
Syndicate
Adventurer

Unread post by Syndicate »

My favorite would have to be Jentru, an Asgardian High Elf who had amazing psychic potential. He was granted the privilage of becoming a Phase Mystic.

His "masters" (the Gods of the Norse patheon) sent him to explore the megaverse, and study the many aspects of evolving cultures, races, and possible opposition. He became a geniune hero shortly after attaining his status as a Phase Mystic. He has fought beside some of the most famous and legendary figures in the megaverse, to include (2) 10th level Cosmo Knights, (8) 7-9th level Undead Slayers, (3) Godlings of the Norse patheon, and even journeyed to Rifts Earth to help a couple of Cyber-Knights with a certain troublesome possessing entity.

Jentru has went from scrupulous to anarchist and back to unprincipled. He has worked at the side of a self-proclaimed God (who had actually destroyed other "actual" Gods), and served as an advisor to many mortal nations.
"What began as a gathering, ended as an organization."
Syndicate
Adventurer

....ohh...and a special thanks to Kruxxis, Drake, and the Oni...they were probably the best champions of all... :ok:
Uncle Servo
Champion

6armdemon wrote:....ohh...and a special thanks to Kruxxis, Drake, and the Oni...they were probably the best champions of all... :ok:

I was wondering if you remembered Kruxxis... he was a close second for my choice. Oh, heck with it -- I'll post him too! :lol:

Kruxxis Lomm was an In'Valian CCW Science Officer who developed a taste for excitement while stationed on an exploration vessel. Unfortunately for him, he also developed a taste for a female fighter pilot -- and her officer daddy put the kibosh on the fledgling romance by getting Kruxxis 're-assigned' to an isolated R&D station. He resigned his commision at the first opportunity and started adventuring on his own (most recently falling in with Jentru, Drake, and the Oni).

Well, I really shouldn't say he was 'on his own' -- after all, he had 'Aix,' the AI unit housed in his exoskeleton, for company.
Shin Kenshiro

Unread post by Shin Kenshiro »

my favorite character has to be my first character ever created with the Palladium system...a Macross II Valkyrie Pilot named Shin Kenshiro (I named him after the coolest characters in Fist of the North Star), who eventually made his way to level 4 and had the callsign "Phantasm" because he was such a biatch to hit in his Valkyrie, before our GM became a little unstable in the railroading/invincible NPC way.

He always piloted a VF-2SS SAP or standard VF-2SS and carried an SDC long sword (patterned after Duke of Battle Arena Toshinden) since his best friend (and mine's character) Wren carried an SDC wakizashi....oh the adventures we had. All that started 10 years ago when I was but a wee high school student.
Uncle Servo
Champion

Shin Kenshiro wrote:All that started 10 years ago when I was but a wee high school student.

Heh. I cut my own RPG teeth on a Robotech character -- a Veritech Hover Tank driver named Jacob "Omar" Bradley. I think I still have his character sheet lying around somewhere.

And that started a mere 15-16 years ago, when I was but a wee college student. :lol:
Devjannz
Dungeon Crawler

Uncle Servo wrote:
Shin Kenshiro wrote:All that started 10 years ago when I was but a wee high school student.

Heh. I cut my own RPG teeth on a Robotech character -- a Veritech Hover Tank driver named Jacob "Omar" Bradley. I think I still have his character sheet lying around somewhere.

And that started a mere 15-16 years ago, when I was but a wee college student. :lol:

My first Palladium character (and game) was also Robotech. I started in a Macross game playing a Veritech fighter pilot named Eric Black. On his first combat he earned the callsign Reaper from the rest of his team (9 kills and no one even came close to touching him). He eventually made it in the Sentinels era as a 9th level VT pilot and Squadron Commander on an Ikazutchi carrier.

I miss playing that character.

"Cannot run out of time. There is infinite time. You are finite; Zathras is finite; This....is wrong tool.

Syndicate
Adventurer

Uncle Servo wrote:
6armdemon wrote:....ohh...and a special thanks to Kruxxis, Drake, and the Oni...they were probably the best champions of all... :ok:

I was wondering if you remembered Kruxxis... he was a close second for my choice. Oh, heck with it -- I'll post him too! :lol:

Kruxxis Lomm was an In'Valian CCW Science Officer who developed a taste for excitement while stationed on an exploration vessel. Unfortunately for him, he also developed a taste for a female fighter pilot -- and her officer daddy put the kibosh on the fledgling romance by getting Kruxxis 're-assigned' to an isolated R&D station. He resigned his commision at the first opportunity and started adventuring on his own (most recently falling in with Jentru, Drake, and the Oni).

Well, I really shouldn't say he was 'on his own' -- after all, he had 'Aix,' the AI unit housed in his exoskeleton, for company.

Wish you could have stay till the end by-the-way...old Gadrin just didn't have the "true" Kruxxis spirit... :D .
AllMightyRCB
Wanderer

Unread post by AllMightyRCB »

My favorite character is my Miscreant female godling Demonica. She slayed a Norse giant that had 30,100 MDC all by herself. It had 4 arms, each equipped with an auto grenade launcher.
Uncle Servo
Champion

6armdemon wrote:
Uncle Servo wrote:

Wish you could have stay till the end by-the-way...old Gadrin just didn't have the "true" Kruxxis spirit... :D .

I wish I could have too... it's funny how real life can rudely get in the way of some good gaming... :ugh:
AllMightyRCB
Wanderer

Unread post by AllMightyRCB »

First came carpet ov adhesion, second came quicksand, then came a suffocated dead Norse Giant, and a nice corpse with lots of MDC for my strenght of the dead spell.
NoJack
Explorer

Unread post by NoJack »

While my Naruni Repo-Bot was the coolest looking, I think my overall coolest (and most rounded) was my Nightbane Barmaid. I rolled a 28 on PB and then to top things off when I went over to my morphus I had the unearthly beauty aspect so it was low 30ish pb for me. The fact that she could drink a dragon under the table helped too.
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

It's a tie between two - the first is a cyborg NPC I ran with a group I was GMing. His name was / is Arthur "Cutter" Mynx (if I'm remembering correctly - that was back when the first two books were out). The second was / is a Chiang-Ku Tattoo Master with an absent minded Stone Master twin brother (NPC) and their two protectors / body guards / allies - a male and female set (twins) of Maxi Men. He was out adventuring while the brother (and the twins) stayed in England building a pyramid at a remote nexus. Never had a chance to play him, unfortunately.
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Kaleb
D-Bee
Location: Discussing metaphysical realities with Thoth & Marduk

Unread post by Kaleb »

My all time favorite character was my very first character. When I opened the Rifts main book for the first time and read about the Cyber Knights I just fell in love with that character. So, my first character was a Cyber Knight. With the advent of the Cyber Knight book from Seige of Tolkeen I think that the Cyber Knight has become even cooler with all their new abilities and special powers. I love the Cyber Knight character class even more now.

One of my other favorite characters was one of my very first Techno-Wizards. I don't remember his name but I just remember that he spent most of his time trying to create new TW items.

I also have an NPC character that has been in a few of the games that I have GMed. He plays the part of a blacksmith in a small town on the edge of the magic zone. He is actually a Godling whose specialty is creating magical items/weapons and the like. He speaks with a scottish accent and when asked a question usually has a very profound answer that takes days just to decifer and understand. He has traveled the Megaverse extensively and has lots of knowledge of many places that he will share when asked politely.
"Of course my hammer broke your sword, you tried to hit me with it."

Kaleb the Blacksmith
Great_Googilymoogily

Fav Charachter

Unread post by Great_Googilymoogily »

My personal fav is the charachter I'm playing right now. Japanese Demon Queller by the name of Mitsuragi Asane.

Has a Rat-1 Pegasus for a mount, a bad attitude and a blind warrior women for a mate :) Two main objectives right now, killing demons (of course) and figuring a way to get the blind warrior women pregnant (not making alot of head way on that one)
Kaleb
D-Bee
Location: Discussing metaphysical realities with Thoth & Marduk

Unread post by Kaleb »

My favorite character is probably a Cyber-Knight character who carries two T.W. Psi Blades from South America. I also have a really cool Techno-Wizard that I like alot. He has created a number of items that have extra abilities when used on a ley line such as powerful renewing force fields and the ability to dimensionally teleport without using thousands of PPE.
"Of course my hammer broke your sword, you tried to hit me with it."

Kaleb the Blacksmith
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

Misfit KotLD wrote:. Always had her foot in her mouth too. .

sorry... I'm unfamiliar with this expression, and it's not in my dictionary, could somebody explain please?
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

my own personal favorite was /is (he hasn't been in play for a hell of a long time, but is still potentially active) Morg, aka Morgan Armstrong, a better than average looking, runty (still human sized) ogre Maxi Man who wandered around Rifts earth spying for Lord Splynncrith... he doesn't know it but he is implanted with a mindlink symbiot so his High Lord handler doesn't actually need him reporting, but can just pick up the intelligence in his mind... he's an all around bad ass and likes to get to fisticuffs with just about anything that crosses him (with his tattoo granting him 32 supernatural strength on, natch) ... would have made a good field commander in the army if he'd not been chosen to act as a spy... he's very military minded, and takes his role as a warrior minion of the Splugorth rather seriously...

my current character is nice too : Jeb Hopkins for earthlings, his full name is Usapheres Hopekh Ineser Geb Nefer Khaibithoth... he's a demigod with the poweres of a line walker and the OCC of psi tech... the GM made me choose an Egyptian god for the parent, and I thought that Thoth was a logical choice (and I have a personal fondness for the old rogue too)... what I did not know before joining the party, is that Thoth is a *member* of the party... only that he usually looks like the Turtle Master from Dragon Ball and spends a lot of time making spliffs strong enough to make a dragon woozy. currently, the group is involved in the siege of Tolkeen, on the Tolkeen side, as specialized artifact retrievers... we go around in a TW truck with a built in swamp and mountaintop inside and go hunting... we already brought the Möbius to Tolkeen (they gave it to Zurvan for safekeeping) and are just back from stealing some more artifacts from a Master Vampire in Muluc... all the while Jeb is getting steadily frustrated because he doesn't have enough tech to tinker with... he'd just like to play with the CS's tech toys and see if their power armor is better than his souped up Triax predator...
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

A wolfen fallen cosmo-knight, aberrant allignment... he was quite a bit of fun, went with mage rather than psychic {though of course psychics have alot of advantages over magi}.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
Raymann
D-Bee

Unread post by Raymann »

My fav Char was from Palladium Fantasy His name was Leyoric he was a barbarian from the northern hinterlands and had a problem with big words,when people used big words he thought that they were trying to make fun of him by acting more intelagent infront of him,he had incrediable strength he once had a balista fired at him he rolled with punch with a natural 20 and then rolled another natural 20 to eep hold of and catch the pointy tree trunk just shot at him in a amazing turn of events I actualy dont know how (i think the dm wanted to see if i could do it with my characters strength)rolled another nat 20 and threw the trunk back at the ballista hiting it and killing the wolfen officer or cordinator or what ever shouts out cordanist to fire at

3 days later the wolfen send a few officals to talk with the castle there beseiging ,leyorics friend and later to be employer came out to talk with the castles king and the wolfen becuase he was a impereal janisary,one of the warriors with the wolfen started talking and the were trying to nagotiate a surender of the castle to them ,he turned to leyoric and in the biggest mistake of the rest of his 20 seconds of life started to talk to him using a few big words like "This man here is a briliant fighter and should not be squandered in such a meaningless battle etc...."Leyoric got mad and hit him and then procceded to make a wolfen rug in the grass with his boot. the other wolfen ran away in horror as the uncivilized barbarian was killing one of them with no remorse or tohught of what this would do to nagotiation.from that day on i was banned from the castle so i left and also seeing the castle was doomed the elven janisary (i cant realy remember his name)faradine fallowed and asked for my services as a body gaurd in return for a monthly salery of course i accepted.

we made it to a port where everything was being sold and bought and traded for ,thats when Faradine grabed leyorics wolfen flamburg and mace and chain and threw them into the sea leyoric was so confused he didnt know what had happened untill faradine draged him to a drawven blacksmith and bought him better stronger weapons. befor we left from the sea port leyoric went to the out skirts to get away from the busying city streets unfortunatly he was ambushed by 7 goblins he mangaged to take out 4 of them and thanks to the accdental help of 1 oblin a 5th was killed(go natural 1 and crossbows to the back of the cranium) the final 2 started to run away seeing as there cohorts had been slaying even though i had taking alot of hits i think the blood all over my face made my charqacter scarier,i threw my flamburg at one of them but i only hit it with the hild of the sword knocking it unconchess while the other ran away.

i walked up to the unconchess goblin and started looking at what it had on him and such when it awoke with little to no shock it gobbly it said"oh ******* hell what a bad dream"then turned over to see me grining at him he screamd and started imiediatly appoligizing and begging for its life.i said "if you wish to live u should work for me but you wont be a slave u will be paid so dont try and slit my throat in the night or my friends will kill ya!"i

and so started my hord and i cant remeber anything else for no actualy i just dont want to type anymore its 4am and i have a **** sift tommorw
If It's Dangerous,Do It.If it's Suicidal,Do It NOW!
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

every character i create is unique in some way...
so i would have to say they are all cool....
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
Qev
Hero

Unread post by Qev »

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!!!

Er... sorry, thread necromancy. :)

I'm not certain who'd be my 'coolest' Rifts character... probably one of my imports from Heroes Unlimited, Johnny.

See... Johnny was a wolf, a rather curious one, who on a fine day wondered what it would be like to be one of those funny, two-legged humans who were always tramping about his territory. So he tried it out. Then promptly forgot he was a wolf. Well, except his eyes. They remembered they were wolf eyes. But they never saw fit to mention this to Johnny.

He tried a bunch of other odd shapes as time went on, and this eventually got him dragged into a bunch of superheroic nonsense, which in the end (after several years of foiling villainous plots) resulted in the group stumbling through a Rift, where he discovered the joys of piloting mecha. Not to mention a plethora of new, bizarre shapes to try out; he spent a good while as a dalmatian Dog Boy... and occasionally a june bug*, which have remarkably clingy legs.

In the end, after doing some favors for the good side of the Dragonwright, he got to try out being a dragon and divine servitor, which he found to be just the coolest darn thing, even better than driving that Ultimax around. Among other things, this resulted in the Lizard Mage Uppercut of PA108: never before had a lizard mage so quickly ascended a flight of stairs.

As far as I know, he and his friends are still roaming about, righting wrongs and accidentally destroying property... usually the bad guys' property, but well... these things happen.

He never did remember that he was a wolf, though.

*You may also know these as June beetles.
"Then you can simply spead the ground dried corpse bits amongst the plants as needed." - Sir Ysbadden

"There weren't many nukes launched in the apocalypse, so the nuclear winter wasn't that bad." - Killer Cyborg
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

My favorite is my Robotech VF pilot, started the campaign on the day the Zentraedi attacked and ran him till the Battle of Reflex Point.

The campaign ran for 3 years real time and my PC was the only starting one to survive till the end he was 12th level or there about.

His many adventures and near misses with death became the stuff of legends. He received the equivalent of 38 Purple Hearts, 7 Bronze Stars, 3 Silver Stars and 1 CMH, plus numerous minors awards and commendations (the GM was an Airforce brat), he also rose from the rank of 2nd LT to brevet Colonel (all the responsibility none of the perks).

The group remained constant with only 2 people actually dropping out over the course of the game and they were quickly replaced so our PC total stayed at 6 with each of us having an NPC wingman (that stubbornly refused to be used as Red Shirts :lol: ) so that in game we were a full squadron of 12 VTs.

I miss that game. :(
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Question; NPC or "played" character?
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Devjannz
Dungeon Crawler

Nxla666 wrote:My favorite is my Robotech VF pilot, started the campaign on the day the Zentraedi attacked and ran him till the Battle of Reflex Point.

The campaign ran for 3 years real time and my PC was the only starting one to survive till the end he was 12th level or there about.

His many adventures and near misses with death became the stuff of legends. He received the equivalent of 38 Purple Hearts, 7 Bronze Stars, 3 Silver Stars and 1 CMH, plus numerous minors awards and commendations (the GM was an Airforce brat), he also rose from the rank of 2nd LT to brevet Colonel (all the responsibility none of the perks).

The group remained constant with only 2 people actually dropping out over the course of the game and they were quickly replaced so our PC total stayed at 6 with each of us having an NPC wingman (that stubbornly refused to be used as Red Shirts :lol: ) so that in game we were a full squadron of 12 VTs.

I miss that game. :(

That sounds like an awesome game. I wish I could have been in it.

Rockwolf66
Hero

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

My favorite character has to be "Big" John Thrasher. I created him soon after WB 10 came out. Starting from 101 PA, he's survived and prospered up to the current 109 PA.

His family history is rather interesting, as he is the child of a half Japaese Shifter and a Headhunter Assassin. He did fight the mechanoids and was going to try and fight the four horseman. While stopping in Manoa he got married to an Amazon names Helen (yes she is good looking). their Rift to Africa didn't work out so well and they ended up in Europe. They ended up finding a ship to take them to Africa but found that the Horsemen had been defeated without them. So as a result they sailed off to Japan to introduce Helen to his Grandparents (the joys of having traveled by magic). In Japan he had his UAR-1 Enforcer upgraded in reward for some action in the Demon controled Areas. Having visited his grandparents they ended up in Russia and hooked up with Gypsies. His first daughter Athena was born in that Gypsy camp. Having made enemies with a couple of the more brutal Warlords he headed back to Europe and then America. He has avoided the War with Tokeleen and is fighting Calgury demons.

Note: when Rifts:Canada came out I updated him to reflect the OCC.
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

My Nightspawn (This was copied and pasted from my post on Nekira's forum) as a race they are the ultimate in hodgepodge munchable goodness. I have four of them. My favorites are identical twins separated at “birth” that are mirror images of each other physically and emotionally. First I'll do Ashley, if anyone wants to read more I can do her twin but that would be a little shorter. The only other history I have done is a scientist.

Ashley was adopted into an abusive low income family even with all the problems she excelled in school. Likely because she believed that doing so would remove her from the life she lived. Because of her high ASVAB scores combined with her high I.Q. tests she was noticed by a government agency. Weeks before graduation a man approached her and offered her a full ride scholarship if she would work for the agency when she graduated. Of course she took it, he didn’t care that she was only sixteen.

A few days before graduation she was walking to a theatre when she realized two questionable looking boys were following her. She tried to loose them and inadvertently ran into a dead end alley. The boys turned into the alley, cornered and proceeded to rape her. Clothes torn, body beaten and violated her spirit was broken. She was numb and still asking the questions that victims often ask themselves… why me, what did I do wrong, what did I do to make them think I wanted this? She didn’t even notice they had stopped before completing the act, jumping from where they were, pouring blood, clutching themselves and screaming as they ran off.

She laid there in a pile of trash for only a few minutes longer, but it seemed like years to her as she continued to twist reality to blame herself. She pulled herself up using the edge of a dumpster right next to her. She noticed something move inside it and looked seeing a featureless flaming skull. Where the eye sockets should have been was a piercing bright glow, the flat plastic bone where the mouth should have been was covered in razors. It, the skull, was adorned with several horns and a crown of crystals. She gazed at it thinking that she should be terrified, but it seemed oddly familiar and strangely beautiful. As she gazed at it she noticed a hand below her naked breast and was startled, as she moved so did the skull and a tail whipped out from behind her to strike and shatter the mirror?! It was hers… the face, the clawed chitinous hands, the tail. She calmed down and inspected her… its… the body. Beside the hand were crab… no scorpion like pincers and beside that was latched onto the rim of the dumpster a single digit connected to longer fingers with a thin leathery membrane hanging between them. As she wondered what thy looked like open they spread and she recognized them as batwings that reached to the ground. Her feet well… they weren’t feet she stood upon cloven hooves connected to some kind of deer like legs. Metal bone was exposed in various locations and crystal formed on the skin over edges of bone and large meaty parts of skin were covered in chitin plates. Her torso was covered… if that’s what you could call it, by a piece of leathery chitinous lingerie that left nothing to the imagination. Her cleavage and areola were covered in razors as was her mons veneris, vulva and gluteal cleft especially around the anus. Though she felt no pain from them and could speak normally she found that there were razors in her mouth too… wait a second she didn’t have a mouth, but she still felt one and there were razors inside of it… God only knew where else they were. She stood there thinking that she was magnificent. She wouldn’t notice for many years but she wasn’t ashamed of her exposure… though she did worry about what people would feel about her new form. As she thought this there was a flash of light , suddenly her viewpoint was raised, apparently her other form was shorter. When her change was completed she realized her clothing was torn… was that real? She attempted to cover her nakedness with her torn clothes and arms and began to skulk out of the alley hoping all the while that no one would see her… that must have been a strange dream. As she was emerging from the blood stained alley two police officers following the trail of blood into the alley stopped in front of her. As she stood there in shock and shame in her nakedness, the male officer ran off and returned with a blanket. As he approached her she started to back away and as he was trying to calm her with words he raised the blanket and she screamed. And fell to her knees. The female officer tore the blanket from her partner’s hands and wrapped it around the traumatized girl.

Years passed and aside for a rare case of androphobia she was fine. She again excelled in school and once out of college and in the agency she excelled in training too, even the physical regiment. She became tougher, stronger and more independent, finally able to stand the presence of males near her, but still unable to trust them… without cause. When activated she commonly ran across the name Alexandria Kerensikov. Her exploits would eventually earn her the title monster. Many missions were successfully completed as she hunted down the woman she would come to know as Defiler.

When Darkday came Ashley was at home sleeping and woke because she couldn’t get on of her wings… and tail… comfortable. She jumped from bed to be met by her splendor looking back at her with that featureless flaming skull from the full body mirror on the back of her door… it was real. Her clock said 0900, but it was still dark outside. Hours passed as she called around to find out what was going on. Thinking she must look like some cheesy hodgepodge adult Halloween costume, but her limbs all moved naturally . At one point she smiled, though her skull probably didn’t show it, as she found herself holding the phone in one hand dialing it with the other while she held her day planner open with a pincer the other tapping impatiently on the counter one wing thumb was holding a drink and the other was scratching her head. She finally got through and one of the few trusted male coworkers told her two things; “Defiler is here, trust no one not even the agency. Then a familiar voice with a Romanian accent said in a sexy tone, “Hello toy, wanna see something that’ll get me off?” There was a pause as the male made an uh hmm sound, then she moaned a zipper sound and then a blood curdling scream from the male, which turned into a muffled scream followed by the sound of something cutting through air, then silence…, had the phone gone dead? Her voice again this time much closer, “Are you getting off ton this too? There is so much blood. That is you isn’t it… Templar?” Ashley gasped as she heard her agency code name. “I’ll take that as a yes. Don’t worry.” Alexandria said as there was a ripping sound, “He’ll make an excellent meal for me.” Then the phone went dead. Ashley was enraged she called her office number hoping someone would answer… nobody did and her answering machine picked up. “damn it!” She thought, “What I wouldn’t give to be there now.” There was a barely noticeable flash of light and as she went to put down the phone she realized she wasn’t holding it any more, that she was in and wasn’t herself. She heard something move in the hallway, she leaped to the side of the room with the door and pressed herself up against the wall. The sound passed and she used the stealth skills the agency taught her to get to Dan’s office. When she entered she was met with the most gruesome scene ever, she stood there in shock. Dan was all over the office. His nude body in his chair his blood on the floor his entrails on the book shelf as far as Ashley could tell he was missing his genitalia, heart, tongue and face. This almost made Elizabeth Bathory seem… nice. As she turned to leave the room she noticed words written in blood that she had walked through. “We can work out things when you get here.” It was all too much and she vomited. She started to go down the hall to the armory and as she passed the gym doorway she noticed her reflection looking at her out of the corner of her eye… wait a second there was no door for a reflection to reflect off of never mind how the hell a reflection can look at you when your passing perpendicular to it! That was kinda the question running through her mind… actually it was more like “WHAT THE HELL!!,” but that was why she thought that. She turned on her heels and ran back to the doorway. There stood her doppelganger, she knew she was just like her, a shape shifter. As she looked at her copy in shock, her copy analyzed her. Then she, the duplicate, said with a Romanian accent with that familiar voice, that Ashley now realized they shared; “You know Templar your man was quite… well tasty.” Ashley interrupted “He wasn’t my man.” Alexandria looked at her, with a little shock “Oh you swing that way… well, I’m sure he’d want you to know you could have had his heart, so here it is” she said as she dropped the still heart on the floor in front of Ashley. “I’m sure you wouldn’t mind, I already had some.” An evil smirk crossed Alexandria’s face. Ashley screamed and changed as she leaped at Alexandria. She had Alexandria pinned, her legs were held down with her wings her arms with her pincers and a hand was on her neck as she pulled the other back to punch her. Alexandria changed into an… angel? Ashley paused, too long and Alexandria managed to kick her off. “That is so far from what you are beast!” Ashley yelled as she kip upped. “Who are you talking to? You’re the beast.” Alexandria calmly said back. “Now lets see.” She said as she walked to one side, playing with the zipper at the top of her leather teddy, zipping it up and down showing cleavage. “You are very beautiful, and if I wasn’t straight I’d zip down, but I am and your just competition to be removed so… I’ll zip up,” she said as her hand shot between her thighs pulling another zipper up from her crotch. What was revealed was not the skin that she was showing off before but bare muscle with several mouths and a living tattoo depicting cat like humanoids slaughtering and gruesomely eating mouse like humanoids. “Now come here and give me a hug.” Alexandria said with an evil grin, just before she jumped across the room. “Now that’s more like the real you.” Ashley said just before Alexandria was surprised by Ashley’s tail which knocked her to the floor. “Well I can see you know how to move your body… sister.” Again with the evil smirk which grew larger as Ashley’s face contorted with horror at the realization of the truth. “But do you know how to use your powers?” Alexandria said as a ball of black energy formed in her hands. One moment Ashley was worried she was facing the end, the next she was in a meadow with someone’s hand on her shoulder.

She turned to find the office geek. “Hi, I’m…” She interrupted him “Phillip Darwin, code name Titanian, twenty seven years old, specialist in dead languages and research, you have doctorates in several fields including software engineering, astrophysics, anthropology and medicine.” She stated in a single breath. “Was there anything I missed?” She said as she removed his hand from her shoulder. She was never able to trust him but she had always felt some sort of kinship to him, now she realized he was a shape changer. “Yes.” Phillip said. “Oh what’s that? That you’re a shape changer.” Ashley interrupted, again. Phillip started to get annoyed “No, and we prefer the term Nightspawn, but I’m also a mage.”
“I already said you know a bunch of crap.” She said, annoyed herself that she still had to talk to this man.
“No not sage, mage as in I cast magic missiles… into the darkness.” He said with a snicker.
“So Alexandria said we have those too.”
“No… you don’t.” He said growing more irritated at the realization that he had to educate another moron. “Those are called Nightspawn talents, there aren’t very many of those and most of them you can’t use in your facade form.” With a blank stare from Ashley he continued. “That would be your non-human form. I gave up most of mine for a more flexible power… magic.” Again with the blank stare, with a sigh he continued after rolling his eyes. “OK with Nightspawn talents you bend darkness or natural energies. With magic you, or rather I, use my will to manipulate the very thread of reality… oh and I’m 274.”
“Oh, you look very young for your age.” Finally a response…

OK fast forward, she finds out she’s on the astral plane in a realm made by a group of sorcerers. She learns to control her abilities, Alexandria finds her there’s another battle Alexandria ends up running into the mist outside the realm to escape. Ashley follows in hot pursuit and finds herself in her NY, NY apartment… but it’s totally destroyed, not to mention you can see through the building, eventually she finds out its Rifts. Titanian shows up with a full body mirror which they end up leaving in her “apartment”, after walking through it back to the astral realm. She finds out that ever since she went through the mist they’ve been looking for her but all the portals now lead to a future Earth or an alternate dimension or something. Ashley informs them of what’s up. Ashley learns she can control the realm and has been recruiting agents since then and expanding her realm.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Looks like it's time for the story of Harakhamis Arimi Acheran again...

Magic moves through our entire race. I've heard that since the day I was born, that the people who fled Atlantis were special, especially those of us who came to Alexandria. I suppose it's true, in a way. I certainly have always felt the magic in me, just below the surface... the slight itch in the skin just beneath the tattoos, or the tingling at the fingertips whenever I would just extend my strength of will over someone. I could always feel the magic.

I guess I was about 17 when my parents apprenticed me to Zahod, the old alchemist at the local pyramid. I'd already picked up my 'jack and a little bit of skill with electronics and computers, so I thought Zahod would teach me Techno-wizardry. Instead, he just looked me deep in the eyes. I can still feel that gaze burning into me, like it was burrowing under everything I normally covered myself with... I couldn't even bring up a Mind Block to stop this feeling of being completely open to him. He started pelting me with words, smacking me whenever I would mispronounce one, forcing me to rattle them off faster and faster until I was chanting on my own. I could feel a glow grow up around me, shining softly off objects that were scattered about the shadowy room. A tingling ran just beneath my skin, and I knew that I was meant to be more than a magical mechanic.

I spent nearly fifty years working with Zahod, getting my education. Each day, he would speak to me in a different language, sometimes switching mid-sentence, making me keep up with his knowledge. He would cast spell after spell at me, forcing me to counter them with spells of my own, berating me when I would choose the wrong one. I went under his needle three more times, gaining tattoos that he said would aid me in my pursuit of magic, placing one at each temple and one above my natural eyes. He also taught me the symbols and ways of Circle magic, though I learned few enough of those from him.

When not being drilled, I helped in his shop and accompanied him on his trips to Phase World and other planets. While there were certain services he provided for free (such as applying the Marks of Heritage to babies), he would put the rest of his efforts up for sale. I served as both a PPE battery and a shopworker, picking up a keen sense of tactics and a little knowledge of the underground magic trade in the bargain.

It was during this time that I met Corbin. Many mages choose their familiars... Corbin chose me. I had been studying the applications of certain symbols in the practice of circle magic, attempting to breach the barrier that kept demons in their own world. It seems like hours I fed energy into that circle, chanting invocations and exhortations, trying to bring even the tiniest imp across, just so I could banish it and be content in my accomplishment. Nothing. Finally, I simply collapsed in the circle, exhausted from the stress. I laid on my back, the scent of goat's blood coppery in the air, when I heard the flapping of wings. A raven settled down on the remains of my sacrifice, and began to pluck at the entrails that spread into the open area of my circle. I'd never seen a raven this close... I could almost reach out with my hand and touch it. There was something in his eyes, something that went beyond the usual vapid stares of birds. I felt a click within me, and knew that Corbin was here to stay. I spent some time learning his capabilities, giving him some of my own energy so we would become more tightly bound, until finally I could feel him just at the edges of my senses whenever I relaxed. It's a comforting feeling, knowing that he's always there. It's nice to never be alone, even when he's not with me.

When my apprenticeship was up, Zahod tested me again. He was still my master, though no where near what he had been a half-century earlier. Had he faltered once... maybe twice... he would have fallen to me in our mock-combat.

With Zahod's recommendation, I got a position at a teaching college on the second moon, Nephytys. I almost think this was his last test of me... to see if I could stand the intense boredom of teaching and teaching and teaching, never getting a chance to study or explore on my own. 80 years I taught there, striving for the tenure that would provide me some of my freedom. 80 years! As if my skills were growing in such an environment.

About the only thing I did learn from working at that place was how to fight with a sword. There was a Silhouette there, Mjor, who I worked with from time to time. We grew to be friends, he and I, and, in exchange for a couple of minor spells (why he was so impressed with Cleanse and Featherlight, I'll never understand), he taught me the basics of self-defense and sword fighting (usually with me in my newly-acquired armor... he was stronger and tougher than me, so he didn't need it). He even offered to help me find some sources for some other projects... he hinted that there might be a price for the help, though. I don't know. Something about the offer creeped me out... but it seemed very attractive, at the same time.

I got tenure just before the Gathering of the Clans, thank the Forge. Thus, this trip the Council wishes me to make can count as my first sabbatical... though you can bet I'm going to ask the council to give me an exception, so I don't have to spend time I could be studying playing their bounty-hunter.

Scratch that last sentence. Tired though I may be, I'm still a member of Clan Acherean and the Atlantean race, and that's all that matters. I do it for no other reason than that.

Dealing with the Devil

While the others were seeking out armor, I opened my link to Corbin... carefully, as I had never tried to intiate contact before. "Corbin? Corbin? Are you listening?"

"Yes?"

"I must speak with my 'benefactor'. Contact him, and alert me when he is ready to speak with me."

Corbin stared at me in silent understanding, then goes silent. A few moments later, I felt a malevolent new presence. I slipped into a brief trance, flushing all other thoughts from my mind. I must admit, my mind voice took on a slightly sardonic and addressed my 'benefactor'. "What is thy bidding, my master?"

No vision came to you, only a voice as deep as a Gods inside my head, drowning out everything around me. "I have performed a great favor, and in return you shall become one of my vessels. I have much greater plans in store for you, my protege." A low chuckle, similar to a growl, echoed through your mind as He ended these final words

"Accept this Gift of Magic," the voice said. "In return, I expect your service. Do NOT disappoint me." At that, I knew fear, fear so bone chilling that I can still feel it, even after all this time. "Your first task is merely an initiation. An enemy of mine will soon be revealed to you. After he has revealed himself, you are to destroy him completely. There should be no remains left to be resurrected. When you have completed this task, you will have proven your worth to me and will become one of my vessels." I did not like the sound of the term vessel... in saving my world, myself, what had I gotten myself into? "Should you fail, I assure you that a fate far worse than any death you might experience awaits you in my realm."

I managed to find my voice, before I lost myself entirely to blind servitude. "One moment, my lord. I would know the name by which you are called, if you please."

"Mortals know me by many names. You may call me Mephisto"

As the presence seems to "move" away, the feeling of dread and fear dissipates, leaving you alone with Corbin. Corbin seems a bit different, it may be the slight luminescence in his eyes, but you're not sure. Corbin even seems a bit larger.

I bowed my head briefly as the presence moves off, then turned to glare at Corbin, and saw the new spirit in his eyes. In a mind voice, I commanded him "Conceal your true nature, creature. There are sensitives about."

Corbin lashed back into my head, a fleck of irritation evident: "This is merely the result of your acceptance of The Pact. It will fade in a few moments."

"Do not anger me, creature. We serve the same lord, but I am your superior, in every way save perhaps age and stench."

"There is no need for us to serve the same master," Corbin replied, annoyance still showing in his "voice". "As for being my equal, you obviously know little of the path you have chosen. I am here to aid you if necessary and watch you in my Master's place."

"I know much of the path I have chosen, creature. I also know much of those who are weak enough to be bound into the shell of an animal. Your pretensions cause me no alarm."

He merely chuckled in response. Apparently, though, he was telling the truth about his glowing eyes and size. Less than a minute later, he appeared as nothing more than a normal raven, though his eyes did still glow ever so slightly to my sight.

Signed, Sealed, and Delivered

When we found that little girl in the "Village of the Damned", my heart just went out to her. All I could think of was keeping her safe from harm. So, I called over Corbin, to give her his ring... he no longer needed it, not as he was. She shied away from him. I remember thinking "Sweet Mother Isis, what have I gotten myself into, that even a child this young can feel the darkness within him? What have I done?"

As I took her to the horse, I came to my decision, stopping behind a tree for a moment to put it into words... I'm so glad I know how to speak my mind on paper, or I fear what would have happened. I committed it to paper, and returned to the group, in time to see them burn to the ground a small shack, containing the zombie remains of the girl's parents. I called Corbin over, reviewing my words in my mind.

My Lord Mephisto,
I hope that this letter finds you well, for I am afraid that it bears you poor tidings. I am afraid that I must resign from your permanent service, and return to you all such gifts as you have given me. It has recently been revealed to me that our goals and desires for the future are incompatible, and, as such, I would make a poor servant for one of your eminence, and, despite your power and majesty, your yoke would not fit lightly on my shoulders.

Despite my unwillingness to continue in your service, I am mindful of the large debt that I owe to you, for rescuing me from the results of the earthquake on Alexandria. Therefore, along with returning the spells, power, and familiar you have gifted me with, I send a proposal. As you have saved my life, so I will take the life of this enemy that you have selected for me, thus evening the balance. As you know, loss of the familiar will extract a further price upon me, and I consider that sufficient cost to pay for any of your other gifts I may have made my limited use of. Furthermore, if you agree to these terms, I will not knowingly oppose your plans, save in self-defense, or in the defense of that which I love or hold sacred.

If you find these terms acceptable, or you wish further negotiation on these terms, communicate with me via your lesser servants, either deevils or devilkin. Please use the same method when you wish to direct me towards the foe you have chosen. While I apologize for the inconvenience, as I know you would prefer to work through Corbin, I have recently found him impossible to work with, and will deal harshly with him should he return.

Speaking from the Light,
Harakhamis Arimi Acherean, Shifter and Former Witch

We stood in the middle of the street now, zombies pouring out of alleys and homes. As the walls of magical ice grew around us, I called for Corbin, and pressed the parchment into his clawed hand. "Take this to our Lord Mephisto, at his home in Dyval, yet read it not yourself. I can handle such as these," gesturing contemptuously at the flaming undead that are attempting to come through the pass, "without your aid."

The searing pain that ripped through me moments later, as I hovered above the battlefield, told me my proposal had been, at least in one way, accepted...

The Last Day of Harakhamis Arimi Acherean

We awoke at dawn of the last day. Something about that dawn seem crisper and purer than any dawn I'd ever seen before, and I knew that the day would be momentous beyond imagining.

We knew where the tomb was, roughly, so Nightfall and I flew in slow passes over the plateau, seeking out a magical signature that would tell us where He lay. Once we had him, we could go home. On the sixth pass, Nightfall motioned me down. He'd found the tomb. A rough hole cut into the wall, bearing a faded inscription. It was beyond my ken, until I flipped down the optics on my helmet, translating them from arcane script to my native Egyptian. "Let only he who is true enter here, for he who knows maliciousness shall surely fall." I knew maliciousness, that was before the Village of the Damned... not anymore.

We retrieved the others in quick order. Only Maelstrom, Nightfall, and I felt up to the task of going in... too main stains on the other's souls from this campaign, I suppose. A quarter mile in, we came to an archway. Nightfall read the Gaelic inscribed, and we found the trap... one set for he who entered with an impure heart. I stepped through, even though I knew my heart wasn't pure. I had to. My family, my clan, my people... my homeland... depended on us waking the man who lay in that sarcophagus. I passed through with nary a scratch... I wish I'd had time to wonder why.

We lifted the lid from the sarcophagus, and gently lifted out Arthur Pendragon, greatest warrior of Old Atlantis. He awoke, slowly, shaking off the dreams of twelve thousand years, looking at us quizzically. The others, Bagh-Dach, stood in awe. I kept my head, as Acheran do, and stepped forward with a bow.

"Arthur Pendragon, I am Harakhamis Arimi Acheran. May I present to you Nightfall and Maelstrom, of the Bagh-Dach clan?"

He seemed more at ease with his own clanmates there, and questioned me about the date. "It has been twelve thousand years since you last breathed, Arthur. There is much to do, and we will explain later."

He hesitated, wanting his sword, his armor. Why is it that warriors always want a sword? The Bagh-dach found it concealed in the room, and he seemed much relieved to have it on his hip, clanging against his armor. As we walked up, we spoke briefly of the situation with Atlantis, telling him of the loss of Atlantis and the ongoing campaign to reclaim it. He was not comforted by our news, but I did not expect him to be.

When we stepped onto the ledge overlooking the valley, the scent of evil was palatable in the air, even to those of us with normal senses... the presence, though, was enough to send Nightfall reeling for a brief moment. Before us, in the quiet air, hung a man, long hair and wild eyes. Some part deep within me, some stain I had long tried to purge, knew this man to not be a man... he was a god, one of evil and deceit. I shoved to Gecko all but a tiny portion of my power, whispering into the radio that they should leave, now, through a portal I knew Zoderhan could make. In that instant, the man spoke, his voice like a roll of thunder across the plains.

"Harakhamis! You owe me a debt, the debt of a life! You will slay him, Harakhamis, to pay your debt to me!" I didn't even need to look to know that he pointed to Arthur. Time slowed to a crawl, and I knew that all debts must be paid. Quick as thought, I flew along the wall to stand in the empty air across from him.

"You know I can't do that, Mephisto." Please, gods, let them have the time. Let them have the time. A crackle in my senses told me the Rift was opened... they could go home. Maelstrom spoke to me in the radio, asking me if I was sure. I had no choice... I had to pay my debts. I sent them through the portal with my blessing, until only Zoderhan remained.

"Then you know the cost." Mephisto's words contained more hate than I had ever known, and his negligent gesture summoned nearly a score of deevils to stand before him. In the corner of my eye, Zoderhan blinked out of sight. For an instant, I thought he was gone through the portal, and wished him well. I felt his parting gift materialize around and inside me... armor of pure energy, and a bubbling, magical strength. I knew the cost.

With both hands, I raised my sword. A thought sent the energy of life running down its blade, and it glowed green in the light of an early morning. As I raised the blade higher, over my head, the sun crested the cliffs, bathing me in its light. The exultant energy was too much for me, and a word rang out of my throat. "HORUS!" I charged into melee, a mortal against a god, and knew that I would never die.

And then I knew no more.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Rockwolf66
Hero

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

Lord_Coake wrote:My fav was and is Tessa Gephart, my eleventh level Elven Triax Field Mechanic with elite piloting skills in anything with jets, rotors, props, wheels or treads.

She was turned into a Cyber Humanoid during the Gathering of Heros, chosen by Athena to be one of her priestesses, blessed by her goddess, and is now leading an elite team of adventurers on Axis Five in Phase World to uncover some long-lost artifact before the Kreegor get hold of it.

I;m writing a story that revolves around her...but it's already eighteen chapters long, and nowhere near done.

now that is a great character. I have one for another system who's written story covers a two year period and the agravating thing is that I have yet to type up most of the pages(when I do that the word count seems to double).

Feel free to give out advanced copies. :-D
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
Jefram_denkar
Rifts® Trivia Runner Up

Unread post by Jefram_denkar »

Dances with Chicken Feathers

Cobbler Goblin Priest of Thoth.

(Mind you he is multi classed into both Warlock (Air/Earth), and Rifts Shifter as well now)

He has been around for a while.

Actually was first used as an NPC in a Palladium campaign but was so much fun to play I rebuild him a PC (at Level one) and went from their.
I've got an advanced pre-rifts energy rifle, A soul drinking rune blade, living bio armor, and a hover truck full of nukes. So why do I feel under equipped for this??? (Sir Joe the Gardner 7th level Ogre Keeper of the garden on his first encounters with the Mechanoids)
Crazy Lou
Hero

Unread post by Crazy Lou »

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:You are all lucky bastards, as it stands right now I am the only GM in my group. :x

Anyways, my last actually memorable Rifts Character was a Sovietski Cyborg Shock Trooper named "Sako."

He was a real hypocrite as he would stop his fellow characters from commiting mayhem, but the second someone dealt ten damage or more to him or crossed him in any otherway he would go psycho.

It was great to be there as a player (for once) and stop the other players from being typical "I'm going to shoot it cause its SDC and I'm not expecting any reprecussions" players. :lol:

Well... at least you have a group... I haven't had one going on three years now...

Anyway, while I've made loads of characters, and written out stories, etc, this was all just superfluous because I never had a chance to play any of them. I ran 2 characters in a Japan game, a Cyberoid Punk and a Tsunami Dragon Borg, plus (in a different campaign our group only just managed to start) I had a City Rat Hero (mutant) with mutant supernatural PS (54, carry x300 lift x500) who was still SDC though and took damage like a titan juicer w/o armoring. I think he would have been my favorite of the three if I'd had a chance to run him for more than about 3 sessions (it was after that that my group collapsed... :( ). What made him so cool was that he was a splicer experiment w/ a great backstory and a continuous mutation (gained another power every level -- only made it to lvl 2 and gained a pair of tentacles -- and also gained a new deformity).

As it was though, my cyberoid was probably my favorite because I played him the longest, and had some great adventures. The best was right before the group fell apart -- we'd been attempting to eliminate a ninja clan within Takematsu, and had exposed and killed/captured about half of every ninja in each of their bases. Then the ninja retaliated w/ simultaneous attempted assassinations against every one of our (extremely huge) player group, including NPCs (I think w/ NPCs we had about 18 characters). The assassinations didn't go too well though. My cyberoid almost died, but managed to survive by jumping out a 30th story window onto a large scaffold and powersliding down the rope on a pulley (btw this is in a bath towel as he'd just gotten out of the shower and after getting shot 4 times w/ a bolt action sniper about 1000m away, which he only managed to survive because he'd been slightly mutated when the Republic of Japan rifted into the furture, so he had a tiny bit more SDC, and managed to roll w/ impact every time), and excape to the parking garage thanks to a series of crazy gymnastic evasions of pursuing ninja, quickstart his street racer motorcycle, and ramp off some nearby construction I-beams (ironically ony there because of an earlier attack on the government complex) over the 30' high walls of the complex, and escape into the city.

That was an amazing campaign. Our group was a combination of mercenaries and Republic of Japan soldiers who'd been hired by Takematsu to help their police fight a huge gang run by what turned out to be a goblin spider Techno Wizard that'd rigged up 8 dimensional gates to the Japanese hell Rokugen. We prevented most of that, but still got nailed w/ a large flood of oni into the city, and after taking care of most of that we discovered the ninja clan's activity, while simultaneously realizing that the Yakuza were similarly trying to enact their own takeover of the city, and also still worrying about the 2 party members trapped in Rokugen with the "defeated" goblin spider who'd not actually been killed, just forced back to his kingdom... It was crazy trying to manage all that at once. I just wished we'd been able to continue. If we'd kept playing, the eventual plan was to finish off the ninja, wipe out Rokugen (that was to become the other dimension which Takematsu has for resources mentioned in cannon), take the fight to the Yakuza in the Republic of Japan, curb their ambitions, then head off to the New Empire to deal with an entity invasion of sorts (this was supposed to resemble BTS in many ways) then make our way through the Otomo Shogunate, stop their Japanese take over ambitions, fight our way through the zone all the way to Hokkido (sp?), the domain of the gods, defeat the Oni Empire there which was centered around a second japanese milennium tree (corrupted like in africa), cleanse it somehow, and then make our way to China. That was supposed to be the whole course of the thing, but we were sadly cut short after about a year and a half.

Now three years later I think we would have been able to finish by now but... sigh. Oh well, maybe when I get to college I be able to get another group together...
"If it's dangerous, do it. If it's suicidal, do it NOW!" -- Graffiti painted outside a Juicer Bar

nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae fuit. -- Seneca The Younger
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Unread post by Dead Boy »

For me one of my favorite and coolest characters was a Dog Boy named Thrasher; a belligerent, vicious killing machine with a soft spot for the kiddies. Even though he kept taking a pounding, thanks luck with the dice he kept coming back, every time a little bit more machine than before, nukeing his ISP by half as a consequence but giving him more and more cyber-abilities as a trade-off. Eventually, upon making the rank of Warrant Officer after a really good mission, I was able to get him a class change to Commando which gave him an air of prestige... and eventually an auto-dodge. He was one of my funnest characters of all time ranking just above my short-lived Ramen Gunfighter.
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
Blight
Champion

Unread post by Blight »

I made this for Hippie Momma's online game (Hated that i didn't get to play) He was a totally randomly rolled Night Spawn i Had no concept i just rolled and then the story just unfolded. I ended using him in Etat's game and i have been loving him ever since. It's just been so fun to role play..
Oh he's 6th level now.

Name: Michael Grimm
alignment.: Scrupulous
Horror factor: 0 / 16
S.C.D. / Hit points /(The Grimm) M.D.C.: 70 / 21 / 249
description: 5'10" 192lbs. Thick Shoulder Length Curly Brown Hair, Hazel Eyes. His strong square jaw sloping forehead and heavy brow rarely show expression. But when alone or lost in thought he has a tendency to stare off in the distance as if remembering better times, or with some long ago pain etched across his face. His build tho broad only hints at the explosive power contained within it's frame.
The Grim, Mike's (other form)
Huge wolf/dog 12' long 31/2' at shoulder 960lbs Shadowy black fur. Legs are more mastiff like than the rangy wolfs. His muzzle is wider, longer with over sized teeth. Like some breeds of germen shepards they are all biting teeth, no molars Eyes are a glowing red pools no white. Just Red!

I.Q. 18 Skill bonus: +4%
M.E. 19 Save vs Psionics / insanity: +2 / +2
M.A. 24 trust / intimidate: 80%
P.S. 22 // 42* Damage bonus: +7 // Special
P.P. 20 // 27 Strike, parry, dodge: +3 // +6
P.E. 21 // 32* Coma death: +12//+32 poison, magic: +3 // +8
P.B. 16
Spd. (Meter per Minute) 22(440) // 44(880)
P.P.E. 165 I.S.P.0
*supernatural
Race: Nightbane
O.C.C.: Vagabond
Family / history: Orphan and widow..
Disposition: Tho normally a quiet, distant man he is capably of much tenderness in privet and with children. He also can fly in to terrifying rages in combat. Almost a Bipolar shift.
Night Bane Abilities:
Change to Morphus takes one melee
Supernatural Senses: Nightvision: Facade 200'; Morphus 2000' (glowing eyes)
Sense other Nightbane: 300' + 30' per level
Supernatural Attributes: in Morphus
Immune to all forms of mind control and transformation and Disease
Regeneration: 10 S.D.C. / H.P. each melee round (2D6+2M.D.C. in Morphus)
Talents.............Range / Radius...............Duration................................ P.P.E. .....................................Save / effect
NightBringer:.......10' per 2ppe...........................................................2 per 10' ...absorbes energy attacks (not shadow) -6 to strike, parry, dodge -3 with nightvision
Shadow Shield:....Self (force field)....30 min per level or until used up......2 ppe for 20 M.D.C. ....................only 4 ppe per level can be spent
Darksong:...........target or 60' radius.................................................5 to activate........10 (plus PE bonus) to save or be stunned for 1D4 rounds save can be raised 1 for 3ppe if used against an area allies have a +3 to save
OCC skills
English: (read/speak) 92% +1 per level
Spanish: (speak) 69% +5 per level
Dragonese: (speak)69% +5 per level
Barter: 49% +4 per level
Begging: 39% +3 per level
Cook: 54% / 64% (food i hunted or gathered) +5 per level
*Recycle: 49% +5 per level
Sewing: (leather work) 59% +4 per level
I.D. Undercover agents: 49% +4 per level
*General repair: 49% +5 per level
Radio Basic: 54% +5 per level
Street wise: 34% +4 per level
Pilot Auto 74% +5 per level
W.P.: Knife
W.P. Archery and targeting
Eyeball Fella: 60% +3 per level
*Recycle+General repair: I can take to broke item of the same kind and try to make one working model
Hand to Hand basic
O.C.C. Related
Leather working: 44% + 5 per level
Skin & Prepare Hides: 39% + 5 per level
Preserve Food 39% +5 per level
Boxing
Prowl: 34% +5 per level
Basic Mechanics 44% +5 per level
Secondary Skills
Hunting (bonuses added)
Trap and track animals: 44% // 50%(as grimm) +5 per level
Wilderness survival: 34% +5 per level
Land navigation: 40% +4 per level
Swim 54% +5 per level
hand to hand
Basic / nightbane (natural combat)
# of Attacks: 5 // 5
Damage +7 //
Strike +3 // +6
parry: +3 // +6
dodge: +3 //+6
roll: +2 // +2
Initiative:+0 // +3
Pull: +2 // +2
Damages
Punch: // body slam/swat: 1D4+7 // 1D6x10 sdc, 6D6 md, and 2D4x10 md
Bite: 0 // 1D6x10 + PS damage listed above (note: nightbane full canine do 5D6 with a bite +2D6 for oversized mouth and sharp teeth +3D6 = 10D6 or 1D6x10)
special* nightbane can hold on with bite and do bite damage at beginning and end of round until dislodged or he let's go; no other combat actions are possible while using this Attack.
Body Armor: Homemade (look back at skills) MD leather ala dino-swamp rules
main body: 51 Limbs: 16 Helmet: 42 -10 to prowl and swim 14 MD cloak
Weapons and damage
Bow (Long): +4 strike +4 parry with bow ROF/ range 640' Damage: 2d6 sdc (10) explosive arrows 3D6md
knife : +3 strike +4 to throw +4 parry Damage: 1D6+7
Knife (xiticix double): +3 strike +4 throw +4 Parry Damage: 2D4+2 md
Saves
Horror: +2 // +2
Psi: +3 // +3
Save Vs magic +3 // +8
Perception +4 //+6

History:
He was a found as a babe by a Rom (Gypsy) clan and tho she felt great power from the child, the clans seer sensed no evil in him and he was taken in. As he grew helped in all facets of the clans life. He assisted their operator, he went out often with the hunters, and learned much of woodcraft. He helped the head of the clan their leader (Marco) with trading and information gathering. Tho he became a master of none of the clan duties he was good at all of them. This combined with his powerful force of personality lead to him to be chosen the next clan leader. This was cemented by the betrothal and later marriage at the age of 20 with Marco's 23 year old daughter Anna. The next 3 year where a golden blur of happiness till the day he returned with the hunters to find the caravans smoking and torn asunder. Running to his caravan he found Marco and his wife dead. The sound that erupted from him was not human, more howl than scream. The hunters that where with him looked on terror as he erupted in black flames that consuming his and his wifes body. Stalking from those flame came a great black beast, More wolf than hound but larger than any wolf anyone had heard of. All teeth and shadowed fur, Michael was reborn in fire, rage and blood. By instinct alone he put his nose to the ground, breathing deep he smelled ever thing. The sents of his home, the people he love, and something else, something else sour and metallic. He rushed off after this sent, and in less than an hour he came upon a band of Brodkil fighting over their ill gotten spoils. A cold rage came over Michael as he stalked up on his prey. The shifting shadows that started to play across his body at the sight of them, spread out from him covering the area in darkness blacker than the deepest night. As he leaped at his prey, he released a howl of rage that paralysed them in fear brodkill where they blindly stood. He tore into the demons, teeth rending supernatural flesh, paws crushing steel hard bone. His blinded and stunned prey stood no chance. What blows did land seemed to lose all power as the contacted the deeper shadows surrounding his body. In no time his prey lay slaughtered before him. As he surveyed gore filled clearing he tried to stand. A cold burn covered his body black flames filled his vision, all of the sudden he was standing and the shadows faded from the area. A bright glint caught his eye in the bloody muck and as knelt down to see what it was he felt a stab to his heart as he recognized his wife wedding ring. He remembered the days it took him salvage enough gold and platinum from destroyed robot's wiring for the clans smith smelt and forge into the braided ring for Anna. As he clutched the ring in his hand the his pain washed through him and he sliped into merciful oblivion. When Michel awoke, the hunters were standing around him. He could see the fear in their eyes, as he stood. He walk over to the lead hunter Johnes his friend and teacher since he could remember. "gather the survivors and head south to the twin river crossing." he said with a dead hallow voice, "In one month Giles's clan will arrive tell him what happened, he take in what left of the clan." The old man said nothing, he just closed the distance and placed a heavy hand on the younger man shoulder, staring into the Michael emotionless face. For long moments only the sound was that of the summer insects filling the clearing with their hight pitch call and thrumming wings. At last as if seeing what he was looking for in this young mans eyes he removed his hand and nodded. Michael just turned walked off into the trees. As the hunters were left behind Michael heard one hunter whisper "the grimm" . The Grimm thought Michael, the symbol of death since the beginning of time. The great black hound that heralds the end. Yes the Grimm he had become....

Return to “Rifts®”