Gun pods

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rimmer
Adventurer

Gun pods

Unread post by Rimmer »

The beta cannot hold GU or EU style gun pods because of its hand shape, what about E style ? as in the E-20 from the logan.
I let my wife play rifts once....................she shot me in the back of the head with a naruni plasma pistol, gaffa taped a type 4 fusion block to my nether regions, and kicked my ass off the apc travelling at 100 MPH

gimme a break, my pc is a playa, not me.
Rimmer
Adventurer

Unread post by Rimmer »

Bolting the thing on wasen't the idea my PC's had, the Alpha pilot carried the E20 and passed it to the Beta pilot when needed.
I let my wife play rifts once....................she shot me in the back of the head with a naruni plasma pistol, gaffa taped a type 4 fusion block to my nether regions, and kicked my ass off the apc travelling at 100 MPH

gimme a break, my pc is a playa, not me.
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

Of course it cannot hold a gun pod. It doesnt need to. Its got guns built into the forearms. They are plainly shown in eps. #82 The Big Apple (Lancer almost ends Corg's career with them) and again in eps. #83 Reflex Point (Rand scrags the one Solugi Invid pilot).

Veritech_Beta_43_large.jpg

Veritech_Beta_49_large.jpg

Palladium goofed and forgot them. Just add these and you wont have any worries. :D
Hav0k
Wanderer

Unread post by Hav0k »

Where can you get accurate and up to date RPG stats for the Beta fighter????
*OMNIA MUTANTUR*
-Hav0k-
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Hans wrote:The Beta fighter is well known to have been all messed up.

The "Long range missiles" are not missiles at all. They are feedthrough ports for the engines of the Alpha fighter when they are hooked together.

The Beta has 3 gunpods in the fighter form. One in each hip, and one in the center.

The forarm medium range missiles are guns.

Things like that.

Comon I alway thought calling the arm joint the hand in the REF Field Manual was great.

don't recall the hip ones though.

Are the arm ones Energy or Projectile? They look energy.

Heck in Macross II they had the SAPs listed as two different ones when the only difference is the leg holster. The "head shield" was just the firing mode for the beam cannon. They also didn't include the Metal Siren's Ship Killing Pulse weapon.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Hav0k
Wanderer

Unread post by Hav0k »

AlexanderDeath wrote:I'm doing the same myself - was a joint project for a while there with NMI, using research from RobotechResearch and SteelFalcon - plus the rare to come by Genesis Climber:Moseada books, which I aquired on a gamble.

So far the Revised Cyclones and Alpha's are up - but the new Beta and Vindicator Shadow Fighters are going up soon too. Within a week, I should think

Can you post the URL, please?
*OMNIA MUTANTUR*
-Hav0k-
Janus
Dungeon Crawler
Location: If there is a bright center to the universe then I am in Uranus

Unread post by Janus »

Ah cool new stuff! I liked the article on protoculture sensing.
There is always a 5%chance of anything happening...even a monkey can crawl out of your butt.

Flamethrowers, that's what we need. The army has them, why can't we have them too?

I am the King of Thoughtless Wishing.

I nominate you for Fan Defensive Lineman of the year. - Geronimo 2.0

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”