Find that OCC!

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Lynx8882 wrote:
dukeofshadows wrote:Operator?

hes right

Lynx

Operators don't start with any cybernetics.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: Find that OCC!

Tyciol wrote:I think we should start a fun quiz where one of us gives clues to an OCC, and whoever finds it first posts the next one. Any Rifts book is up for grabs. So, I'll begin...

1. Does not possess any magic spells.
2. Is not a man at arms class.
3. Has more than two lesser psionic powers, but is not considered a Master Psionic RCC.
4. Starts with more than two cybernetic implants of choice, but doesn't have enough to be considered a Partial or Full conversion Cyborg.
5. Has a unique OCC ability or attribute/combat bonus.

Well, Dog-Boys are considered Master Psionics, so that's not it.
I don't think it's anything in the main book.
Doesn't seem to be in Mercenaries, CS War Campaign, or Triax either.
Maybe something from New West or one of the other world books.

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Tyciol wrote:I think we should start a fun quiz where one of us gives clues to an OCC, and whoever finds it first posts the next one. Any Rifts book is up for grabs. So, I'll begin...

3. Has more than two lesser psionic powers, but is not considered a Master Psionic RCC.
4. Starts with more than two cybernetic implants of choice, but doesn't have enough to be considered a Partial or Full conversion Cyborg.

THE GODS CURSE THEE, TY!!! TRULY, THOU HAST COME UP WITH A BEDEVILING RIDDLE, WORTHY OF THE SPHINX HERSELF!!!!!
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Zanrain wrote:Just a thought. Is it the Splugorth Slaver?

Nope. At least, not in my book. If an Aquatic Creature, modified to exist upon dry land indefinitely, AND with a built-in (TW) Optics Array, which is also a Warrior/Slaver, isn't an OPPOSITE to whatever Ty is thinking of, I don't know what is.......

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
AdmTolval
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by AdmTolval »

I would say Vagabond, but I'm not sure. I don't have my books with me.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

dukeofshadows wrote:I think the Technologist (City) out of Australia fits the requirements, could someone look it up?

Almost...except for the Psionics thing. Ladies and gentlemen...I believe that our answer lies somewhere in Lazlo...I would have thought of Dweomer, but the Three hate Psionics.........

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Wild guess:

Gizmoteer?
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
killhound
Explorer

Unread post by killhound »

momamo headhunter? may or my not be a psyoinc and has tw cybernetics
Temporalmage
Hero

Unread post by Temporalmage »

Could be a minor psycic Cyber Doc.
http://world8.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=190003553
And TemporalMage went to the last page, Refusing to follow the trend." Ode to the Teleport Thread by The Fifth Business
And remember, "Book, Page number, and Quote", not, "Proclaim, Posture, and Belittle all those who think otherwise". Dead Boy
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Temporalmage wrote:

Could be a minor psycic Cyber Doc.

The only problem with that one is, it seems that Ty is indicating that the OCC has Psionics as a matter of course, not as an option.....otherwise, I'd just take a wall-to-do Street Rat with minor Psionics and send him to a Chop Shop. Don't know about the rest of you, but I didn't find thsi OCC in either Mindwerks or Psyscape.....

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

BTW, guys, we are probably dealing with something in either the NGR or CS; the ''no magic'' description would strongly point to those areas.

I say again:

THE GODS CURSE THEE, TY!!!!!!

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Someone sniff aorund in New West or even Vampire Kingdoms, perhaps Rifts Mercenaries (that Battallion led by the former CS Officer...not the Drunk, the Hero who couldn't kill D-Bees in cold blood anymore....)

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Nope, don't see anything in Rifts Mercs that fits

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Don't see anything in the Rifts Main Book, either.......

Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

Arem wrote:
The OCC is CS Ley Line Research Scientist.

What book is that in?

I guess he means the RCSG scientist from CWC
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
RoadWarriorFWaNK
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

I was thinking that, but they dont start with psionics or cybernetics.
I can't think of many OCCs that get both psionics and cybernetics to start. Especially since cybernetics screw with psionic powers.
and I can't think of any non-man-at-arms OCCs that get more than two minor psychic powers to start.
dont forget to check the obscure books like Scraypers and the Adventure Sourcebooks and Coalition Navy.
Killer Cyborg
Priest

Does anybody actually look up their guesses and compare them to the things he listed...?

FreeLancer

Unread post by FreeLancer »

how about the Ramen from the Africa book Page 62
just a guess? :-)
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

FreeLancer wrote:how about the Ramen from the Africa book Page 62
just a guess? :-)

Unless Ty means otherwise, he means O.C.C. (OCCUPATIONAL), as opposed to R.C.C. (RACIAL, AS IN OTHER THAN HUMAN SPECIES) Character Class.

(I for one will be VERY angry if he actually means we can look through Racial Character Classes as well)!!!!!

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Alright, ladies and gents, here are our clues (at least as I see 'em, so far):

A] ''Does not cast Magic.'' Since an OCC may do ANYTHING in a long life, we may surmise that the Character simply CANNOT cast magic, OR he is in one of the Magic-Hating Countries. I would lean to the former, and assume that whatever gave the character Psionics has permanently burned off the character's Base PPE

B] ''Not a Man-at Arms OCC.'' We are assuming a Scholar (non-military) or Government Hunter/Detection Agent (military), since that would be just about the only reason a magic-hating nation would use such a character.

C] ''Has at least 2 Psionic Powers, but NOT a major Psychic.'' Artificially induced (psynetics)???? Yes, I too immediately thought of Mindwerks/NGR, but could find nothing in those two books that fit.....

D] ''Cybernetic implants of choice.'' Could be NGR, CS, or Triax, but again, could find nothing in those books (I own almost evry Rifts book made, with the exception of the Heroes/Aliens Unlimited, and the Coalition Navy Sourcebook....

E] Here's a Question: is a Crazy actually a Man-At-Arms OCC??? He doesn't REALLY have to fight if (s)he doen't want to............

Svartalf
Champion

cornholio wrote:Alright, ladies and gents, here are our clues (at least as I see 'em, so far):

C] ''Has at least 2 Psionic Powers, but NOT a major Psychic.'' Artificially induced (psynetics)???? Yes, I too immediately thought of Mindwerks/NGR, but could find nothing in those two books that fit.....

E] Here's a Question: is a Crazy actually a Man-At-Arms OCC??? He doesn't REALLY have to fight if (s)he doen't want to............

Actually, the specs say "more than 2 minor power but not a *Master* psychic... this means he is a *major* psionic, or a special case.

and yes, crazies ARE man at arms and not eligible.

I think it's time he gave us the real solution
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

I'm going to ask if it is the Ecto-Traveler that Ty is referring to.........

***CAN"T cast Magic while an Ecto-Traveler because his/her body is immobile....

***Is NOT a ''Man-at-arms'' Profession, although they can garner such skills to use on the Astral Plane.

***UNIQUE Skill allows the Ecto-Traveler to create an Astral Body -his OWN Body (even the Super Psychics of Psyscape can only create Astral Golems, which they CANNOT inhabit).

***Has a whole slew of Psionic Powers, but these are ONLY posessed by the Ecto-Body....only if the Character was a Psionic to begin with would (s)he have these powers outside of the Ecto-Body.

***Has more than 2 Cybernetic Implants of choice.....damn. Damn. DAMN!!!!
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

...almost had you, Ty.

...ALMOST...........

RoadWarriorFWaNK
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

i call shenanigans!!! :lol:
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

RoadWarriorFWaNK wrote:i call shenanigans!!! :lol:

Shenanigans are supernatural creatures. ;)
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Gypsy Fortune Teller!!!

Is that it?

Wait, do they get cybernetics? Probably not.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Dr. Doom III wrote:
RoadWarriorFWaNK wrote:i call shenanigans!!! :lol:

Shenanigans are supernatural creatures. ;)
:-( :-? :) :-) :-o :-D :lol:

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Lenwë Ancalímon wrote:I'm thinking a Gypsy OCC from Triax. Don't have the book on hand to verify.

No. ALL of those choices for Gypsy have either Magic Spells outright, or potential Magic like a Mystic. Nearly ALL of them shun Cybernetics (cultural bias, and limits Magic Range).

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

By the way, Ty are these OCCs in the Rifts Books proper, or are we in Palladium/Splicers/Aliens/Heroes Unlimited??? I own EVERY Rifts Book in existence (with the exception of Coalition Navy), and simply cannot find the OCC that you speak of......

..I'm not asking for the answer, just if the OCC is in the Rifts Universe of Books......

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Tyciol wrote:Funny enough in Rifts Mercs there's someone who's both a race with special powers (changeling) and a spellcaster. Obviously, one doesn't really need to pick the 'race with special powers' option unless it's a race which can't normally select an OCC.

cornholio wrote:By the way, Ty are these OCCs in the Rifts Books proper, or are we in Palladium/Splicers/Aliens/Heroes Unlimited??? I own EVERY Rifts Book in existence (with the exception of Coalition Navy), and simply cannot find the OCC that you speak of......

..I'm not asking for the answer, just if the OCC is in the Rifts Universe of Books......

Any book that's meant to be used with Rifts.

Yeah...Sonia ''The Face'' Schultz (of Crow's Commandoes)

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Tyciol wrote:Funny enough in Rifts Mercs there's someone who's both a race with special powers (changeling) and a spellcaster. Obviously, one doesn't really need to pick the 'race with special powers' option unless it's a race which can't normally select an OCC.

cornholio wrote:By the way, Ty are these OCCs in the Rifts Books proper, or are we in Palladium/Splicers/Aliens/Heroes Unlimited??? I own EVERY Rifts Book in existence (with the exception of Coalition Navy), and simply cannot find the OCC that you speak of......

Any book that's meant to be used with Rifts.

Thanks. I will scour my Rifts Books yet again...........

Svartalf
Champion

Lenwë Ancalímon wrote:I'm thinking a Gypsy OCC from Triax. Don't have the book on hand to verify.

Nope, Gypsies are definitely weak on the cyber side
Killer Cyborg
Priest

cornholio wrote:I own EVERY Rifts Book in existence (with the exception of Coalition Navy), and simply cannot find the OCC that you speak of......

So maybe it's in CS Navy...
Who has that book?

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Killer Cyborg wrote:
cornholio wrote:I own EVERY Rifts Book in existence (with the exception of Coalition Navy), and simply cannot find the OCC that you speak of......

So maybe it's in CS Navy...
Who has that book?

GOOD....FREAKIN'....QUESTION............

(i saw that book several years ago but didn't want it then........D'OH!!!!)

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Atlas6shot wrote:does that include rifter articles?

Hmmm, Rifters.....worth a look-see

Ty, this OCC better not be in the April Fools Rifter 9 1/2 (very rare, and one of only a few Rifters that I don't have....)

Killer Cyborg
Priest

Lenwë Ancalímon wrote:It's not from Rifts Manhunter is it? That would be cruel.

If it's in there, I couldn't find it.

FreeLancer

Unread post by FreeLancer »

just wondering how about the cyber-knight :-D
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

FreeLancer wrote:just wondering how about the cyber-knight :-D

No.

A] Man-At Arms OCC.
B] NOT necessarily 'created' with Cybernetics (in fact usually far away from such places as might offer them. In addition, interferes with Psionics
C] Not constrained from practicing Magic before, during, or after Training (although not much more PPE than a 'mundane' Human).
:-P

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Killer Cyborg wrote:

Dang it, Killer, when did THAT book come out??? Now that's TWO Rifts (Main Universe) Books that I don't own.......

Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

cornholio wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:

Dang it, Killer, when did THAT book come out??? Now that's TWO Rifts (Main Universe) Books that I don't own.......

Mid 90's, one print run, then never again, was the First Licenced Rifts Dimension book.

Edit: Rifts® Manhuntertm is Copyright © 1994 Myrmidon Press
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Colonel Wolfe wrote:
cornholio wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:

Mid 90's, one print run, then never again, was the First Licenced Rifts Dimension book.

Edit: Rifts® Manhuntertm is Copyright © 1994 Myrmidon Press

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by cornholioprime on Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Tyciol wrote:Cornholio: Two requests.

1. Do not post false facts. I didn't say the OCC makes them incapable of ever learning magic. I simply said they don't have any spells, they don't cast spells. OCCs such as Rogue Scholar do not cast spells, they can still learn it later!

2. Edit your last post, the NOOOO... is stretching this out to look ugly.

Good lord, Man where did THAT Outburst come from :eek: ??? If my previous Posts are correct as I've typed them (and I reread them before responding to your latest Post), I have said that I believed that they were either an OCC whose Psychic Conversion burns out their Spell-Casting Abilities (e.g., most of the Martial Arts OCCs in China), or they were in Magic-Hating Countries. I only surmised (read: POSTULATED) that the former situation was true because of the description that they ''do not cast magic.''

...now, please. Away put your Weapon, I mean you no harm :eek: :eek: :eek: ......

Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

That is a Men at Arms class and just the fact that they can create a Psi-Sword puts them on par with master psionicists.
Josh Sinsapaugh

Tyciol wrote:
Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:

That is a Men at Arms class and just the fact that they can create a Psi-Sword puts them on par with master psionicists.

No, their psi-sword is nowhere near as strong (though much easier to make) as the super psionic power. In addition, having a single super psionic power doesn't make you a master psionic. Techno-wizards (and some Operators) have Telemechanics and are minor psionics, Mystics are major psionics and can get a super psionic power (or several in the case of some of the other mystics out there).

Cyber-knights are considered equivilent to minor psionics, and are occasionally major, and very rarely in the case of psi-stalkers and other naturally master psionic races, masters.

Atlas, thank you for explaining what I meant. Sorry if that upset you cornholio, I'll be nicer.

I'm not trying to argue, Tyciol, but I remember reading that the Psi-Sword and Psi-Shield abilities alone make them major psionicists even without all of the psionic abilities that 80% of Cyber Knights get.
Josh Sinsapaugh

Mike SSN-723 wrote:looks like this one is gonna go unanswered

Yeah, give us the answer Tyciol. (Or PM someone with it so they can post it)
Killer Cyborg
Priest

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:
Mike SSN-723 wrote:looks like this one is gonna go unanswered

Yeah, give us the answer Tyciol. (Or PM someone with it so they can post it)

It's got to be in one of the books, we just haven't found it yet.
No need to give up on it.

Everybody post which books they have checked through, then we just need to check through the rest.
No problem.

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Lenwë Ancalímon wrote:Most of my books are in storage pending a move, but these are the ones I've checked.

RMB
Vampires
England
Africa
Phase World
Coalition Navy
Spirit West
Warlords of Russia
Australia 1 (yeah, the 1 is not necessary at this time)
China 1
China 2
Dinosaur Swamp
Dark Conversions
CB1
Pantheons
Japan
Fed of Magic

Yeah, me too. Most of the same Books that you have read. I'll read SoT 1-6, and get back to you. Peraps one of us will find the answer this way.......

killhound
Explorer

Unread post by killhound »

you know whats funny i think i know what it is but i cant confirm it until next week :D
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

killhound wrote:you know whats funny i think i know what it is but i cant confirm it until next week :D

In the name of the polluted waters of Buckeye and Phoenix, and the ladies (???) of McDowell Avenue, I beg of thee: tell me in what tome this info might be found......... :? !! :?

Randomfist
Explorer

Unread post by Randomfist »

Actually, most of the polluted ladies are on Van Buren, not mcdowell.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Randomfist wrote:Actually, most of the polluted ladies are on Van Buren, not mcdowell.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Rifts®”