When in doubt, ask the source...

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Hey Rabid, you should know this :-D , Hook a brother up!
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Lt. Holmes
Adventurer

Unread post by Lt. Holmes »

I know the Bearded One (tm) is Colonel Rochelle. Dunno 'bout the other one, though.
Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

The flyer/aid was Lt. Brown.
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

Colonel 'Ace' Green and Colonel Rochelle (bearded fellow). Green was a pilot and Rochelle appears to be a ground forces commander attached to Emerson's command at Fokker Air Base. Emerson himself appears to have been a flyer though he can excercise operational control over ground forces (through Rochelle).
Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

Zerebus wrote:
Ice Dragon wrote:The flyer/aid was Lt. Brown.

That's not the guy with the brush cut. That's the Ajacs pilot whom Nova fell for... 90% sure.

Right, but he was also an aid to Rolf Emerson.
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Ice Dragon wrote:Right, but he was also an aid to Rolf Emerson.

No, Dennis Brown was not an aid to General Emerson. He was one of the top fliers in the Air Corps (TASC/TSC/CU all being subordinate to the Air Force Command). He was in command of his own Ajax squadron.
Janus
Dungeon Crawler
Location: If there is a bright center to the universe then I am in Uranus

Unread post by Janus »

I cannot remember, what happened to Dennis Brown?
There is always a 5%chance of anything happening...even a monkey can crawl out of your butt.

Flamethrowers, that's what we need. The army has them, why can't we have them too?

I am the King of Thoughtless Wishing.

I nominate you for Fan Defensive Lineman of the year. - Geronimo 2.0
Janus
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Janus »

Ah excellent. Thank you.
There is always a 5%chance of anything happening...even a monkey can crawl out of your butt.

Flamethrowers, that's what we need. The army has them, why can't we have them too?

Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Zerebus wrote:Dennis Brown was one of the characters to storm the Robotech Masters' mothership to attempt a rescue of General Emerson.

Nope, sorry. Dennis and Marie Crystal both came aboard the UES Tristar after it had rammed one of the Masters' city-ships in order to rescue Emerson. Thankfully he hadn't begun overloading the reflex furnaces on her or they would have blown up along with Emerson. They ejected into space and the three of them were captured by one of the Masters' cruisers.

The only non-15th ATACs that 'stormed' the Masters ship to rescue Emerson was Musica and Nova Satori (looking fine herself later on in that fetching GMP arming doublet :D ).

I swear one day I'm gonna do a Nova Satori anime music video to The Hollies Long Cool Woman......
Janus
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Janus »

Rabid Southern Cross Fan wrote:
Zerebus wrote:Dennis Brown was one of the characters to storm the Robotech Masters' mothership to attempt a rescue of General Emerson.

Nope, sorry. Dennis and Marie Crystal both came aboard the UES Tristar after it had rammed one of the Masters' city-ships in order to rescue Emerson. Thankfully he hadn't begun overloading the reflex furnaces on her or they would have blown up along with Emerson. They ejected into space and the three of them were captured by one of the Masters' cruisers.

The only non-15th ATACs that 'stormed' the Masters ship to rescue Emerson was Musica and Nova Satori (looking fine herself later on in that fetching GMP arming doublet :D ).

I swear one day I'm gonna do a Nova Satori anime music video to The Hollies Long Cool Woman......

Which episode was that?

Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

#59 The Invid Connection

The Synopsis dosent mention Brown, but he's not exactly a main Character either.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Janus
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Janus »

Rocking! Thanks Colonel!

Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Useless Character SuperTread!!!!

Thou I cant find his name on rt.com he is from Episode 52, Lovesong,
but i found his Japanese Name: Maury Sekiishima from the URRG's SDC Southern cross page

more Minor ASC Characters:

George Sullivan: that guy who Trys to Seduce dana to get RT master info form her, GMP Agent, Dies when his plan fails. (ep 46 Star dust).
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

I knew it started with a "K"... but i Kept wanting to say Col. Kurtz... which i knew wasnt right.

Well, I searched Google for 30 minutes lookin for Origonal SC info.... the URRG's page is far more complete than the rest I found, and its in English. and a Minor Mistranslation happens, the uRRG is Correct more often than not.
Last edited by Colonel Wolfe on Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

It's "more correct" only in that it was used as the basis for the current mutilation of Robotech on robotech.com. In reality, it's a bad attempt to do tech files for an awful fanfic that tried to rewrite Robotech into hard SF (and failed miserably).

Hg and Robotech.com still own the Rights to Robotech. They are Atempting to Fix the Horrible Mess robotech became thanks to the "rubber stamp" policy on Licences. if you took every thing that was Published with the Robotech name on it.... well.... you get a bigger Monstrocity of Crap than what they are doin today (Remember... After They renamed Tirol Eden... the REf joind the Exo-Squad).

Robotech was a Mess, Just because you Disagree with some of the people who are woking on the Project makes you inclined to condem what is being done to Correct the Crap that was Robotech. Robotech needs a Re-write, Instead of Calling everything Crap, Submit you Thoughts to RT.com and HG.
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

Well... to start with, there's just no fixing the horrible mess... short of dissolving Robotech and recognizing each of the component series on its own... some of the attemps at linking them together are so gay I think that the HG people must be from San Francisco, Castro Street area, unless they are my own neighbors.

and the fact that you legally have a "right" to tinker with existing published and well loved material because you happen to own the IP pertaining to it does not mean it's a good thing to do so... the same way I wish lucas to be mauled to death by a rabid poodle, I wish those fraggers at HG to be done to death by carnivorous crazed mutant gerbils.
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Svartalf wrote:Well... to start with, there's just no fixing the horrible mess... short of dissolving Robotech and recognizing each of the component series on its own... some of the attemps at linking them together are so gay I think that the HG people must be from San Francisco, Castro Street area, unless they are my own neighbors.

and the fact that you legally have a "right" to tinker with existing published and well loved material because you happen to own the IP pertaining to it does not mean it's a good thing to do so... the same way I wish lucas to be mauled to death by a rabid poodle, I wish those fraggers at HG to be done to death by carnivorous crazed mutant gerbils.

I Clearly See your no Fan of Robotech. You Fail to see that Robotech is Much greater as a Whole, than the Sum of the 3 Component Shows.

The Great Thing about Fiction is you can Re-Write it after the fact and Fix Things you don't Like. but You'd Like to See the Show broken down in to its 3 base products because you think its "Gay" or not a "good thing". (btw, the Gay comment is both Offensive and Bigoted) Well you can Easily Purchase the 3 Original Shows, what business Sense would there be for HG to Destroy its Intellectual property and Dissolve Robotech, What do they have left? the Other 3 Shows are here in the US in there Original Form.

Robotech is the First Purely American Anime, something a non-American would never be able to Appreciate.
AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by AlexM »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:
Svartalf wrote:
Robotech is the First Purely American Anime, something a non-American would never be able to Appreciate.

Boy, the emotionalism around Robotech has still not died down. Robotech is not purely American. I would love to see a studio here put together an anime style show that had the feel of Robotech that was original, not spliced together Japanese programs.

"...a non-American would never be able to Appreciate."? Where did that come from? In doing research for Robotech, I acquired some books from Japan (via a US distributor). In one of them, instead of translating the Japanese characters to the original names of the three shows, each one was labeled Robotech. When we released the Sentinels on video (what was completed), we received a request from Japan for a copy. But we were not allowed to sell the tapes to certain parts of the world.

Alex Marciniszyn,
Palladium Books
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Robotech Uses Animation form 3 Semi-Sucessful animes form Japan, but The Concept, the Blending and New PLot Makes it Purely american. Robotech is not Macross, SDC:Southren cross, or GC:Mospedea. its something mroe then the Sum of the 3 origonal Animes.

Mr. Marciniszyn wrote:I would love to see a studio here put together an anime style show that had the feel of Robotech that was original, not spliced together Japanese programs.

Maybe you Will get to see it, if Shadow Force becomes a Reality, you'll see it.
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Zerebus wrote:Ok, now what about Marie Crystal's squadron-mates? You know, the ones that survived more than two episodes?

About the only name that pops up is Amos from The Hunters. Dennis Brown, despite what people believe, was not a member of Marie's squadron (heck, one of the few things from the novels that was decent: making VF-213 Black Lion Squadron Ajax pilots). Dennis wasn't even a member of the Tactical Armored Space Corps. He was a pilot in the Cosmic Units <Marines> and had command of his own Ajax squadron.

Maybe the pilot with the callsign White Knight survived...but its unknown if that was actually the Black Lions in Dana's Story.

In fact, of the 3 Robotech chapters, Southern Cross has the most named squadrons: Brandywine & Firestorm (Pioneer Expedition/REF SF-4 Wraith pilots off the UES Hannibal in Outsiders) and Warmaker Squadron (one of the squadrons in the Cavalry-1 Relief Fleet from Clone Chamber).
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Janus wrote:I cannot remember, what happened to Dennis Brown?

Heh...forgot to mention that at the end of Southern Cross, all we see of Dennis Brown is him leaning against the hull of some shuttle-like craft...apparently chucking up his lunch. Not exactly a dignifying image to remember his character. :D
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Basara_549 wrote:And, frankly, TY's comic plots have so many holes you could fly Dolza's flagship through them, so I wish there would be a more true-to-the-first-60-episodes treatment done.

Ugh....dont even get me started on the new comics. While they certainly were drawn and coloured nicely....I found their stories to be less than inspiring in many cases and downright insulting (as a Southern Cross fan) in others. I wasn't the only one that found Tommy's revision of General Leonard vomit worthy. Matt Willis and I might have to get together and ritually burn our copies just to feel better. :D
Janus
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Janus »

Rabid Southern Cross Fan wrote:
Janus wrote:I cannot remember, what happened to Dennis Brown?

Heh...forgot to mention that at the end of Southern Cross, all we see of Dennis Brown is him leaning against the hull of some shuttle-like craft...apparently chucking up his lunch. Not exactly a dignifying image to remember his character. :D

Excellent, thanks for that.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”