There's gotta be better talents than hers....

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

There's gotta be better talents than hers....

Unread post by taalismn »

After reading the old Rifter articles about Psirens and Bards, I thought that surely the power of music in Robotech should be reflected in its quality...and it got off to a rocky start...

Robotechers, if given the opportunity to remove Lynn Minmei from the center of the Macross saga, and replace her with another performer(or if you simply had her sing something other than 'Stage Fright' as part of her ultimate assault on Zentraedi sensibilities), what musician and what song would you substitute for the Battle of Earth?
Bear in mind that for this exercise, we are NOT killing off the little lady, but booting her back to Culinary Logistics Morale Officer(Waitress Class) and bringing forward somebody with arguably better skills(like a performance skill of 80% or more) and better music...
Candidates for this exercise may include real life performers and their songs or similar talents from other series....
Remember, these people must reflect the superior power of Micronian culture! So if you feel the Celtic wailing of Lorena McKennett would have more of an impact than Minmei, or that the howling of Joan Jett would grab the Zentraedi by their ears and not let go, say so....
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Well, Since there were only 70,000 people on the SDF-1. They Did the best they can with what they had.

Macross(not Robotech), Places Minmays ability to Sway the Zentradi to a Quasi-Mystical Ability That Minmay had. Her Siging basically "Charmed" the Enemy.

but MY personal Sujestion for your idea here, the Musical styling of John Tesh, he's a Deamon on the Piano, and i knwo his Music has Psychological affect on me.... Making the Zents Blow up there own EMcha in Fits of Suicidal dispare is a Great tatic.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Celine Dion, My Heart Will Go On.

It makes peopel familiar with our culture suicidal, imagine what it would do to the Zentraedi?

Sir, there's something coming over the speakers!

What is it?

*volume increases*Near, far, wherever you are . . .

Oh my god what is that?

Make it stop!!!

Set systems to auto destruct!!!

There's no time, everybody into the airlocks!!!!!

and so on.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Shin Kenshiro

Unread post by Shin Kenshiro »

I was thinking of going a different route with the music. Hard rock that would both completely catch the Zents off guard by it's blaring nature, as well as boosting the morale of the humans as they go into combat with some rockin' beats.

Figured Disturbed's Down with the Sickness, or Shout 2000 would be pretty good at doing this.
Lt. Holmes
Adventurer

Unread post by Lt. Holmes »

No, no, no. If you're going to do something, do it RIGHT:

We Will Rock You, by Queen.
Raiden

Songs....

Unread post by Raiden »

These are some of my picks over Minmei... :D

Metallica

Creeping Death
Disposable Heroes
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Blackened
Frayed Ends of Sanity
Enter Sandman
Sad But True
One
Whiplash
Motorbreath
Master of Puppets
Seek and Destroy

Johnny Cash

The Boy Named Sue :D
The Man Comes Around

Mariln Manson

The Fight Song
Disposable Teens
Beautiful People
Mob-scene

Gutter Mouth

I'm Destroying the World :D

HIM (His Infernal Majesty or Hanson is Murder, depending on which story you beleive)

Join me in Death
Funeral of Hearts
Sigillum Diaboli
Drown in my Love
Solitary Man
Pretending
When Love and Death Embrace

CKY (Camp Kill Yourself)

96 Quite Bitter Beings
Escape From Hellview
Close Yet Far
Plastic Plan
Flesh into Gear
Human Drive in Hi-Fi
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

All of these Sugestions are great, but Lynn Minmay becoming the "giant Slayer" Like she did came about because of some very important things:

1) she won the rigged bueaty contest
2) was in love/not in love with rick hunter who was a RDF pilot

Could you see Metallica Dateing Rick hunter?(Thou i could see Mayalin manson doin it) or any Sugested wining the "Beauty" pagent?

Even if other people were avalible, Minmay still would have done the Show for the Zents, because of all the stupid things that happened before to get he in the position. b/c honstly Someone on the SDF-1 had to have some Vintage Hanson CD's or some Clasic tunes by Offspring.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

Metallica The thing that should not be
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Basara_549 wrote:I seem to remembe some crazy fanfic Idea mentioned once on usenet, that since someone was already doing a fanfic (and a truly massive one, and not too badly written) rewriting Battletech using the characters of Ranma 1/2, that maybe someone should do the same for Robotech or Macross. Ranma as Rick, Ryouga as Max, Akane as Minmei, etc., adding in Ranma details as they went. I don't know if anyone actually progressed with that thought, though.

Scared enough now???

I've seen some good, some bad, with various other anime characters spliced in...."No Need for Protoculture" and "Macross 1/2" are two of the better ones...

But Akane as Minmei...is that supposed to be an IMPROVEMENT?!(Okay, so she might have malleted Khyron for making her 'hostage of the month")....
Better to have Priss from 'Bubblegum Crisis"...at least she can sing....
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Comrade Corsarius
Hero

Unread post by Comrade Corsarius »

Richard Clayderman and/or Kenny G playing various movie soundtracks from the 1930s to the present day.

http://www.clayderman.co.uk/titlepage.htm
http://www.wfmu.org/~kennyg/

Only open these if you dare... They would be enough to drive the Zentraedi from not only this planet, but likely this galactic sector.
I'd get up in the morning and watch the sun rise over the yardarm of my sky-ship as the sails billowed in the breeze and the land slid by 300-odd metres below. I'd grasp the mahogany ship's wheel, turn her nose a few points back onto the line, and feel pity for all those poor bastards below who have to work for a living. - My idea of the good life in Rifts.

Steampunk SAMAS finally built!
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

The original version of Minmei, in the Japanese Anime of Macross (NOT to be confused with the Macross Saga of Robotech) was alot more easier to stomach.

I wonder what happened when they decided to make Robotech, I wonder how she became so...blech!!! (I say this because the majority of characters in Macross were portrayed pretty well by their counterparts in Robotech's Macross Saga.
maasenstodt
Adventurer

Unread post by maasenstodt »

R.E.M.'s 'It's the End of the World as We Know It' would be fun and appropriate, but I think the B-52's 'Love Shack' would be more effective. The latter features both genders on vocals, an infectious beat, and lyrics ("The Love Shack is a little old place where we can get together.") that would likely mystify, confuse and stun the Zentraedi just as well if not better than "Stage Fright." Perhaps most importantly, it would be a fun song to back a space battle and dogfighting.
Comrade Corsarius
Hero

Unread post by Comrade Corsarius »

If we're playing the b-52s, why not 'Rock Lobster?' That's a really wierd and alienesque song.

Or maybe something by the Carpenters or the Partridge Family.
I'd get up in the morning and watch the sun rise over the yardarm of my sky-ship as the sails billowed in the breeze and the land slid by 300-odd metres below. I'd grasp the mahogany ship's wheel, turn her nose a few points back onto the line, and feel pity for all those poor bastards below who have to work for a living. - My idea of the good life in Rifts.

Steampunk SAMAS finally built!
maasenstodt
Adventurer

Unread post by maasenstodt »

If we're playing the b-52s, why not 'Rock Lobster?' That's a really wierd and alienesque song.

Rock Lobster doesn't hit on the love theme that would make Love Shack so effective against the Zentraedi. I don't think wierdness, or at least weirdness above everything else, is what I think would work best. On the other hand, there are doubtlessly many other excellent songs out there that would work. Love Shack was simply, given about 30 seconds of thought, what struck me as working best.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”