What if the Masters and the Inivd came at the same time

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

I think it would be a massive space battle between the RM and Invid (who hate each other) with the ASC deflecting a few side actions aimed at the planet before taking on the survir of the major battle.

In this scenario the ASC is the only one who doesn't have to attack from the outset, so they wouldn't
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Jefffar wrote:I think it would be a massive space battle between the RM and Invid (who hate each other) with the ASC deflecting a few side actions aimed at the planet before taking on the survir of the major battle.

Nope, The Invid only have Clam ships. (The Slug-ship fomr sentinels is Regents forces only). The MAsters would Quickly Anailate the Invid and the ASC would be assured a Victory, as the fight with the invid with only weaken the Masters. IMO the Invid could have came at any moment after the Sensor nebula was found near earth, but waited until a clear winner was left weakened on Earth before invading them selves.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

RPG says they only have clamships. I've seen alternate sources that indicate the Hives were actually ships too. But the Invid aren't about ship to ship action. By the time the clam ships are destroyed all the invid mecha are deployed and swarming the Master's fleet.

The RM's would have to deploy their mecha to meet the invid horde and rely on thir point defesne weapons.

They RMs woudl still probably win, but they'd win in what would essentially be a gigantic furball (to use the combat aviator's term) instead of a classic fleet action.

And then the ASC roasts the bums of the survivors.

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

Zerebus wrote:
On that thought, I'll also add that I doubt the Invid would have the time (or motivation) to really notice the key differences between Tyrolians and Earthlings and their respective militaries/civilians. That could mean that maybe the Invid wouldn't necessarily concentrate on just the Robotech Masters in space.

You mean the Regis would not have memorized the configuration of the ships and mecha of the people who committed an act of genocide agaisnt her people?

The Invid would know the masters, and they would probably attack immediately. the humans they wouldn't know anythign about and would probably ignore until they put themselves on one side or another.

Of course, depending on the timing of the relative arrivlas, the Invid / RM battle might happen before either group are even clsoe to earth.

With out a definite reference to the shows, it seems to me like the humans knew enough about the RM's to try and negotiate with them before they attacked earth (Pioneer mission). So they know te RM are the guys comming to attack earth. The Invid, they seem not to know/care about.

So what happens when the ASC commanders see an unknown gallactic power swarm attacking the RM ships? Perhaps they sense a potential ally in the Invid?

Isn't that a messed concept, an Invid/ASC alliance?

Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

Zerebus wrote:Red Moons, Starfish Starships

What about the green clovers and purple horshoes?

I think the Invid would assault the masters as soon as they detected them. it doesn't matter if they have a planetary base or not. So the RM/Invid battle would happen probably at some distance from earth.

Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Jefffar wrote:
Zerebus wrote:Red Moons, Starfish Starships

What about the green clovers and purple horshoes?

I think the Invid would assault the masters as soon as they detected them. it doesn't matter if they have a planetary base or not. So the RM/Invid battle would happen probably at some distance from earth.

The main problem witj tjis entire thread is The invid Spent Generations Hiding fomr the Masters, & the Masters Defeated them twice before.
Thou the Regis is prolly making her self to be a bigger victum then she is, her commans at the end of Smphony of light "We called together all our people scattered through galaxies to begin life anew on this planet" Implies the Invid had been hiding for quite some time, her comments eariler about beinf forced to Flee from 2 home worlds by the master proves The masters were always sucessful agianst them. Both the Regent and the Regsis Waited til the Masters had left or were Defeated before an Invasion.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

Perhaps the Invid had been hiding before, btu the implications of the Regis statement is that she had ALL the Invid with her. The RM's only had a dozen or less major ships.

Further, the RM's were almost ontop of the one thing the Invid had been looking for since the RM's laid waste to their homeworld.

That all makes me think the Regis and Invid would be willing (or just desperate) to throw themseves at the Rm's in one great effort to get what they had been craving for thousands or hundreds of thousands of years (depending on the timing you interpret).

Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Jefffar wrote:Perhaps the Invid had been hiding before, btu the implications of the Regis statement is that she had ALL the Invid with her. The RM's only had a dozen or less major ships.

if you believe her quote here, then you can discount the Sentinels and anyships/mecha appearing in it, which give the Invid Zero Capital ships, besides the Smaller Clam ships the Regis uses to place Scouts in low earht orbit.

Further, the RM's were almost ontop of the one thing the Invid had been looking for since the RM's laid waste to their homeworld.

Liad waste to 2 of there homewolrds.

That all makes me think the Regis and Invid would be willing (or just desperate) to throw themseves at the Rm's in one great effort to get what they had been craving for thousands or hundreds of thousands of years (depending on the timing you interpret).

someone said the Invid can sense Protoculture from orbit, thats not Accurate, they do not detect the Fleet activity of the REF until they come extreamly Close to earth (within in the orbit of the moon). The Masters Scaners and the Invid sensors are most likelt on the same level, with hte masters able to edge them out a wee bit. In this senrario the Entierty of the Earths FOL are in one spot, with the Matrix. The invid and Masters would simply race to see who can liberate it first. The Masters woule Use the Invid Fighter Bioroids eariler and send them led by zor prime to Liberate the Matrix, and Crush any resistance. The Masters played to nice in the Origonal invasion, only sent small waves to get it, for fear it would get destroyed by the Lesser beings guarding it. Facing a Directs Invid Threat to get the Matrix would make the Masters Step up Agrrssion and Take the Majority of its Armada in and Crush the Invid in their way.

Assuming the entire Masters Civilization is in orbit over earth, this si the Same force that Defeated the Invid Twice before, Thou weakned they would not Slouch against the Invid. Even if the Invid were 100Million, the Master have Defeated them before, and prolly when the invid had Larger numbers. The Zentradi never Mention the Invid, the Invid never the Zentadi, you can assume the Zentradi are not part of the Masters forces that encountred and defeated the Invid. (The Zents have not been a part of the Masters Culture form some time, most likely made after the Invid were first defeated,lead a Rebeiilion became a seperate force then and Defeated before the Invid made a return)
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

What do we have to prove that the entire master's population there? is it directly supported by anything?

As for the Invid, that 100 million figure . . . remember they are all wearing mecha and supported by a being of near divine levels of power. How many mecha will be with the RM fleet?

One would have to assume that the only reason the Invid are out near earth is because they have allready identified it with a sensor nebulae. So they know what they are here for as well as the RMs do. Further, both sides know what each other is after.

But how far away from earth would the fleets meet?

Considering they are both comming from the same direction, but the Invid are moving faster, I would expect that the RMs would detect them at some distance away (how well the sensors work against FTL isn't really covered) and, recognizing they couldn't get to the matrix in time, would probably stop to fight the action to prevent the invid from getting there. Keep the big fight as far from the matrix as possible (How much intell do they have on the humans anyway?).

They might just send a quick snatch team to earth, but how fast would they be able to ID the location of the matrix? Since the bulk of the fleet would be stuck dealing with the Invid, what is the odds of success of the small force that the Rm's would be able to send?

Overall,t he Rm's seem to be remarkably conservative in strategy. In part it's because they don't want the matrix accidently destroyed, but it seems to be more than that. I think they prefer to consolidate a position of strength, before moving forward. That's why i think they'd focus on the invid to their rear before going after the Matrix.

Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Jefffar wrote:What do we have to prove that the entire master's population there? is it directly supported by anything?

Using the RPG/Sentinels here, which places all the Master forces going to earth.

As for the Invid, that 100 million figure . . . remember they are all wearing mecha and supported by a being of near divine levels of power. How many mecha will be with the RM fleet?

See your using the RPG/Sentinels/Novels too. by the Sentinels The Regent and Regsis are Co-Equals... the Hunter Co and the Sentinels Defeat him with ease. w/o the Sentinels You see the Regis Shoot eye beams, and Teleport Mecha in to defend her... not Exactly God like powers, her Transformation to an Energy form is a Space fold Manuver, Emmerson Prefomrs a Trick like that as well, and Destroys a ton of the Masters Forces... a Warp Feild Blast, Just the Regis looks more artsy when she dose it.

One would have to assume that the only reason the Invid are out near earth is because they have allready identified it with a sensor nebulae. So they know what they are here for as well as the RMs do. Further, both sides know what each other is after.

But how far away from earth would the fleets meet?

the Sensor Nebula is in earth system, they could possibly meet near it.

Considering they are both comming from the same direction

not exactly True, the Regis says she Called them to earth form through the Galaxies. the Master comming fomr theri Galaxy, the Invid form Several others... the master could encounter a porion fo them that were hiding in the Master Home Galaxy.

, but the Invid are moving faster
Thats if the Regis's Light form is a Space fold. the Masters are said to be using "Impules" power to get here... it has to still be FTL travel to get form another Galaxey to earth ins 15 years. Teh Invid Speed in light form May infact be Simmiler to the Masters Impulse Speed.

I would expect that the RMs would detect them at some distance away (how well the sensors work against FTL isn't really covered) and, recognizing they couldn't get to the matrix in time, would probably stop to fight the action to prevent the invid from getting there. Keep the big fight as far from the matrix as possible (How much intell do they have on the humans anyway?).

Agreed, The Master Value the Matrix above all else.

They might just send a quick snatch team to earth, but how fast would they be able to ID the location of the matrix? Since the bulk of the fleet would be stuck dealing with the Invid, what is the odds of success of the small force that the Rm's would be able to send?

if they sent less then half the Fleet thay would get Crushed by the Supeior numbers in the ASC then. Aslo this would be Later then the origonal invasion and the ASC would ahve Full producstion of the AJAX which was Quite affective against an enemy it was never designed to fight.

Overall,t he Rm's seem to be remarkably conservative in strategy. In part it's because they don't want the matrix accidently destroyed, but it seems to be more than that. I think they prefer to consolidate a position of strength, before moving forward. That's why i think they'd focus on the invid to their rear before going after the Matrix.

If the Master got Signal of the Invid forcemoving to the Earth, a Possible Stratgy is to allow the Invid to Encounter the people who defeated Dolza's Fleet to Take out the Invid. they also Believe the Invid may have gotten the MAtrix before they left...
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

MattLing wrote:There would be a titanic space battle, as the last of the weakened Masters fight the enraged Invid. Meanwhile, bewildered, the people of Earth would watch on as both sides annihilated themselves (probably to the last man).

Not Really, As per the Animation and RPG the Invid have NO capital ships or Weapons on par with the master Annilation canons.
The Invid get Anilated when they Engage an enemy out of Low earth orbit. and Encounter with the Master Ships in deep soace will give results on the invid side like this.
http://www.magicbicycle.net/alphavt/panshots/ep25e.jpg

The Masters Ships also Have Superior Sheilds and Poind Defense weapons when compared to REF Ships (Which the Invid Chew through until the Ikzzuchis return in 2044). The Masters Ships even at low Power were Able to Fend off the More Heavily Armed and Armored ASC Ships...
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

besides arguing numbers, one also has to consider weapons and tactics...Easy enough to see what the humans have, and they were after all, gearing up for fighting any Zentraedi the Masters might have hanging on as guards of the Empire, while the REF would later be gearing up for fighting the Regent.

It becomes more difficult conjecturing what the Invid have prior to their 'hunker down' phase on Earth...We see no evidence of heavy ship-to-ship weapons, but obviously they had to have something to hurt the Masters when they were just past the peak of their powers(with Protoculture reserves and hordes of Zentraedi). Was the Empire weakened by internal strife and spread thin enough for the FoL-deprived Invid to be able to make an impact? Did the Regent's mindless Inorganic legions grind them down? Or were the Invid using all-out, all-or-nothing blitz tactics expending millions of low-investment, low-intelligence drones, hoping that by the time they wore down the Masters and got to the big prize of the Matrix, that they would have enough left of their race to rebuild?
The early phases of the Invasion of Earth show that they have orbital bombardment capabilities(though some online sources speculate that these may be modified plasma drive thrust from Hive Ships/Carriers...a classic application of the 'Kzinti Lesson'). Whether or not this bombardment ability translates equally well into attacking highly mobile warships at long range, remains to be seen...static positions without forcefields being easier to destroy than mobile weapons platforms.

The Southern CRoss at its prime against the Invid would have some real problems.....Neither the AJACS or Logan are well suited for fighting hordes of Invid...both lack a substantial missile payload to engage the fast little buggers at long range(Scott Bernard's rack-emptying tactics indicate that missiles, and lots of them, are the HUmans' best friend against massed Invid attack)...Likewise the Hovertanks and Battloids are at a disadvantage..their main armaments are good for picking off single units like individual Glaugs and HMOPs, but not good for facing swarms of faster units...Missile boats like the Corsiar fighter and the ASC spacecraft would be good in the initial stages of combat with Invid mecha until the Invid got in close and under their guns and minimum effective missile ranges...Plus the fact that any (as yet unrevealed) Invid heavy anti-spacecraft capability would be turned on those pesky missile platforms as soon as the Regis realized their value.
On the plus side, at the peak of its power the ASC has a LOT of missile platforms, from combat shuttles, to conventional space fighters, to tanks, so massed barrages at the beginning of the INvid Invasion, might just do enough attrition damage to the Regis's forces that the mecha can tackle smaller broken-up units of Invid mecha....Forcing them into situations(like canyons and close quarters)where they can't dogpile the humans, and where Terran energy weapons(effectively unlimited payloads).

THis is, speculating that the Invid don't use city-buster style energy beams(Clam Transports fitted out as kamikaze x-ray laser batteries?) on anything and everything that shoots back in space or land(the ASC's fleet forces are geared, as I mentioned before, towards taking on small groups of surviving Zentraedi...while the WHOLE of the remaining organized Invid race are boring down on them in a do-or-die effort to take the most promising(the ONLY) place they've found the true FoL.

BUT...has has been pointed out, many ASC mecha use fusion powerplants and are smaller than REF mecha, making for good guerilla combat tactics...but that puts us back to the orginal Invid Invasion storyline...but with the Masters now trying to fight their way down to Earth...IN that scenario, the determining factor is how long the Invid have to hunker down and rebuild their forces after the pounding thei get taking Earth from the ASC, and fighting off the organized guerilla movements afterwards....If the Invid are able to consolidate and rebuild in strength, the Masters might just figure it's safer to turn and split, than try to fight it out with the Invid, but if the Invid are weak enough...well, that opens up all sorts of possibilities of the Masters actually trying to con the Terran guerillas into being allies and proxies in weakening the Regis enough. That might result in a protracted war on both Earth and space, waiting for the REF to drop into(sort of like the MObile Suit Gundam universe....warfare raging on both Earth and in Near Space, with guerilla warfare on the Moon, possible Masters and/or ASC/REF bases on Mars?)

Some pretty good alternate order of invasion scenarios taking place here....
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

taalismn wrote:It becomes more difficult conjecturing what the Invid have prior to their 'hunker down' phase on Earth...We see no evidence of heavy ship-to-ship weapons, but obviously they had to have something to hurt the Masters when they were just past the peak of their powers(with Protoculture reserves and hordes of Zentraedi).

The Invid have no Capital Ships, because the Invid never were a Threat the Master or Engaged them in Recent history. The Invid Regis Mentiosn He Ancestors were defeated twice by the Robotech Masters, and forced to flee from the world they lived on each time. The Zentradi NEVER mention Invid (in the Primary canon or the Sentinels crap), If the Invid were ever the Threat people seam to believe they are, the Zentradi the Primary army of the MAsters would have Mentioned them to their new Human Allies. The Master Mentions the Invid Quite frequently, OInce they ponder if the Invid got to the SDF-1 & Matrix and defeated Dolza's Fleet But rule that out. When the Sensort Nebula comes to earth-space, they Fear the Invid may get to their MAtrix before they can Liberate it form the Humans.

Was the Empire weakened by internal strife and spread thin enough for the FoL-deprived Invid to be able to make an impact?

could be, but it semas there had been a Lull in the Civil war with the Disiples of Zor... they believed the DOZ may have gotten to the SDF-1 and Used it to destroy Dolza's Fleet. (one Ship against 4 Million?... if they inverted the Robotech defense barrier the over load could balah blah...)

Did the Regent's mindless Inorganic legions grind them down?

by Series Canon, Regent WHO? by the Sentinels Dialog... All invid use these Inorganics... but were only Agressivbe after ALL the Masters Left Tirol. (Which alos disagrees with the Masters Dialogs b/c they answer to a Group of "Robotech Elders" who are not in the Fleet at earth)

Or were the Invid using all-out, all-or-nothing blitz tactics expending millions of low-investment, low-intelligence drones, hoping that by the time they wore down the Masters and got to the big prize of the Matrix, that they would have enough left of their race to rebuild?

The Invid May use Suicide Tatics... but The Massive 5Km ships the masters have are Incredibly Tough, Emmerson Rams his Ship in to one to make an Opening for the 15th to use to infiltrate the ship.

The early phases of the Invasion of Earth show that they have orbital bombardment capabilities(though some online sources speculate that these may be modified plasma drive thrust from Hive Ships/Carriers...a classic application of the 'Kzinti Lesson'). Whether or not this bombardment ability translates equally well into attacking highly mobile warships at long range, remains to be seen...static positions without forcefields being easier to destroy than mobile weapons platforms.

The Initial Attacks Look alok like the Space-fold Manuiver the Regis uses to escape the REF. The Affect she has fomr her Fold is Simmiler to the "Emmerson Manuiver" Whichs uses the Intense Gravity caused by a Space fold to Crush/Destroy enemy ships. (The Well Sheilded SDF-4 Survives her Finals Assault, Sheild seam to block these attacks)

The Southern CRoss at its prime against the Invid would have some real problems.....Neither the AJACS or Logan are well suited for fighting hordes of Invid...both lack a substantial missile payload to engage the fast little buggers at long range(Scott Bernard's rack-emptying tactics indicate that missiles, and lots of them, are the HUmans' best friend against massed Invid attack)...

The Invid Fighter Bioroid uses No Missiles to Take out the Invid Enemy. Colonel Jonatahen Wolfe Accomplished 5 Kills in the 30seconds he Flies the Alpah in Eulogy, only one uses Missiles. The Majority of Scotts Kills are With Missiles, but it only Proves he likes to Waste ammo and Missile Kills look cooler. in a War of Attrition Scots tatics were wastful and really do not prove the invid are anymore weak against missiles then they are Rapid Fire pulse weapons the ASC uses.

Likewise the Hovertanks and Battloids are at a disadvantage..their main armaments are good for picking off single units like individual Glaugs and HMOPs, but not good for facing swarms of faster units...

The ASC Equipment is designed for facing Zents, who uses Swarm tatics simmiler to the invid. the Hovertanks are quite agile against moving targets as well, the Bioroids on hoverplatforms are quite manuravble.

Missile boats like the Corsiar fighter and the ASC spacecraft would be good in the initial stages of combat with Invid mecha until the Invid got in close and under their guns and minimum effective missile ranges...Plus the fact that any (as yet unrevealed) Invid heavy anti-spacecraft capability would be turned on those pesky missile platforms as soon as the Regis realized their value.

The Invid have no Capital Ships thou. None are seen leaving Reflex point, even the Space hive's are pure conjecture. nor Are any Ships sent ton Engage the REF Fleet in orbit, the REF took earthspace with no opposition.

On the plus side, at the peak of its power the ASC has a LOT of missile platforms, from combat shuttles, to conventional space fighters, to tanks, so massed barrages at the beginning of the INvid Invasion, might just do enough attrition damage to the Regis's forces that the mecha can tackle smaller broken-up units of Invid mecha....Forcing them into situations(like canyons and close quarters)where they can't dogpile the humans, and where Terran energy weapons(effectively unlimited payloads).

If the Invid were to Cluster at the SDF-1 Ruins the UEG would Simply bombard the Location form orbit, there is nothing there of Value to the UEG. The REF was willing to destroy the planet.. the UEG wouldnt mind using a few high powered nukes to REmove an infestation near some useless ruins. The ASC Missile barrages would also be more affective against the invid... the Invid rarely Shoot donw missiles (except maybe Corg & Sera... but they arent part of the inital invasion either)

THis is, speculating that the Invid don't use city-buster style energy beams(Clam Transports fitted out as kamikaze x-ray laser batteries?) on anything and everything that shoots back in space or land(the ASC's fleet forces are geared, as I mentioned before, towards taking on small groups of surviving Zentraedi...while the WHOLE of the remaining organized Invid race are boring down on them in a do-or-die effort to take the most promising(the ONLY) place they've found the true FoL.

The UEG Fleets are more then Able to fend off a Possible Zentradi Threat, and NEarly Stop the Masters in there Tracks. The UEG Ships mount more Weapons on there Hulls then the returning REf Fleet, and Also have more Fighter to Delpoy.... if the invid did not Fold in per a Baem of light. they would encounter a force taht would Likely stop them in ther tracks.

BUT...has has been pointed out, many ASC mecha use fusion powerplants

Not by the Series Canon. they do not Mention anywhere in the Masters Episodes the ASC Designs do not use Protoculture, Dana Makes the Joke of Rabbi-tech Technology in her Hover Tank... Definatly a Protoculture powered Design.

with the Masters now trying to fight their way down to Earth...IN that scenario, the determining factor is how long the Invid have to hunker down and rebuild their forces after the pounding thei get taking Earth from the ASC, and fighting off the organized guerilla movements afterwards....

If it is a Same Time senario, the Invid will have no time to entrench and rebuild.

If the Invid are able to consolidate and rebuild in strength, the Masters might just figure it's safer to turn and split, than try to fight it out with the Invid,

or simply Erradicate them form orbit, saying screw the Matrix, the invid have it and its better to see it lost then to lose ti to them.
but if the Invid are weak enough...well, that opens up all sorts of possibilities of the Masters actually trying to con the Terran guerillas into being allies and proxies in weakening the Regis enough.

no conning.. Kidnapping and Making them in ot new Bioroid pilots... thats the MAsters Tactics... they Conqure, they do not Negoiate with lesser beings.
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

Here's an interesting thought. If the Invid don't have heavy weapons, how were they able to annhilate most of Eurasia from orbit before they touched down in the Quebec Quadrant?

Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Jefffar wrote:Here's an interesting thought. If the Invid don't have heavy weapons, how were they able to annhilate most of Eurasia from orbit before they touched down in the Quebec Quadrant?

Thats Palladiums Conjecture, and is not supported by the Series. you can Assume most of Eurpoe and Asia were still wastelands after the R.O.D. and very little was done to repair them. The Seat of Power for the UEG is in North America and the Majority of the Series takes place there, any Information about the other Continents are Conjecture, not supported by Series Canon.

The Regis has an Unusual Ability to Manifest her people in a Energy form. During the invasion this Energy form could Devistate Cities and Terrain. The Invid have no Mecha heavier then the Overlord and no Ships other then Trans-atmospheric Transport Clams. The Clams are not Shown using any onboard weapons and can be considred unarmed. The main reason they Stoped the REF during its 2 asaults is the REf underestimated the Invid Numbers. The Invid have plenty of Numbers, but the Finail REF invasion Outnumbers them, as Per Sera Invid princess's Dialog.

The Invid Down Larger REf Cruiser b/c The Boosted-Scouts Latch on the Hulls and tear in to the Armor or Simply Ram the Ships in effect acting as a Anti-Ship Missile. The REf Cruisers are Seriuosly under armed to fend off this style of assault. The More Heavily Armed Tri-star would Fair much better. Compare the Armaments of the Tri-star to the Ikazuchi:

Tristar: ARMAMENT
2 x 2-barreled rail gun turret, one fore and one aft of the command tower,
1 x 2-barreled particle beam cannon, forward of the fore rail gun turret
2 x 4-barreled particle beam cannon, one mounted to the port of the centerline between the forward two main turrets, and the other starbord of the centerline between the forward railgun and command tower. Turrets are retractable.
6 x 2-barreled point defense turret
10 x 1-barreled point defense turret
4 x Anti-warship strategic reflex missile launchers on the dorsal forward main hull and side sponsons. Total of 10 missiles.
4 x 10-tube vertical missile launchers on the side sponsons, for a total of 120 missiles
8 x 2-barreled light anti-aircraft turrets.

Ikazuchi:ARMAMENT
8 x triple beam cannon turret on the upper deck.
8 x single barrel point defense cannon.

The Ikazuchi carries more onboard Mecha, but The Shear number the can carry are never deployed early enough for any effect.

Even if the Invid have Large Ships, the Tri-star would be more capable of taking ti down and fending off large numbers of inbound fighters then the Ikazuchi. with less then a 1/2 of the point defense wepaons and No Missiles.
--EDIT--
Emmerson uses the Space Fold Engines to Create a "orbital warp blast", IIRC it is when you Fold , you can createt a Momentary Singularity, thats will Shread things around it, The Light afect the Regis uses could be Simmiler to the Orbital warp Blast,, the Intesne Gravity causing thing to Melt/Explode Muck Like emmerson did to the Masters Attacking the Tri-Star and the Regis did to the REf fleet in orbit.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Jefffar wrote:
Zerebus wrote:
On that thought, I'll also add that I doubt the Invid would have the time (or motivation) to really notice the key differences between Tyrolians and Earthlings and their respective militaries/civilians. That could mean that maybe the Invid wouldn't necessarily concentrate on just the Robotech Masters in space.

You mean the Regis would not have memorized the configuration of the ships and mecha of the people who committed an act of genocide agaisnt her people?

The Invid would know the masters, and they would probably attack immediately. the humans they wouldn't know anythign about and would probably ignore until they put themselves on one side or another.

Actually I highly Doubt the Regis has ever encountred a Being the Humans know as a Robotech-Master:
From Dark Finale:
The Regis says:
"I have led my people in fight from the dark tide of shadow that engulfed our forefathers, that threatens to engulf us even now."

This is said during the Main assult by ground forces on Reflex Point.

After the REF Fleet comes in to Orbit:

"No – they have come from beyond the stars! The dark tides of shadow have come to engulf us again.…"

I dont think she can tell Masters Ships from any other Human Ship. She refers to her Enemies as the Shadow, and never Makes a Distinction between who or what her enemies are.

More intresting RT.com:

"Optera, second homeworld of the Invid "

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”