Mospeada "Destroid" Designs & Missing Destroid

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Mospeada "Destroid" Designs & Missing Destroid

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

WARNING: This contains links to Robotech.com and the uRRG. if you discount these sites please dont flame and flame bait because you are not a Fan of the work HG is doing on Robotech correcting the mess Robotech was in the 90's.
I've Compiled a List Missing, Preproduction & New Mecha Designs from Robotech (and the OSM).

These are "Destroid" Designs from the Invid invasion Production Sketches.
Cougar Main Attack Robot
Jaguar Air Defense Robot
Boxer Main Battle Robot
Tiger Heavy Weapons Robot

These are based of a Production sketch from mospeade.

The Masamune Which is Based off a Preproduction sketch of the Tomahawk/Exclaibur.

Though not a Destroid, The Orguss-style VF-1 Appears Berifly inRobotech (alsohere):

The Conbat/Bat fomr Lancer's Flashback in the Secret route

The Condor, and its Possible Transfomration looks.

New* in Shadow Force: The Gamma Fighter: Which reminds me of the :VF-4or the Conbat/Bat

New* in Shadow Force: The Synchro Beta & The "Armored"/"Fast pack" Alpha:Linked and in in Bataloid Mode (Tha Alpha is fomr the Chest up, Looks like Additional Missile pods)

A Link to a Thread with Scans of the New Production Items for Shadow Force.

*as of about 3years ago.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Lt. Holmes
Adventurer

Unread post by Lt. Holmes »

I was just thinking that the Tiger looked a heck of a lot like the MAC III from the Sentinels, especially in the leg area.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Notice the Tri-barrled Canoan and Sataliet Dish on the Shoulders of the Beta/Tread in the Production sketch.

Only the Condor the Legios and Tread actually had any airtime in Mospeada/Invid invasion.(i've not seen the Tiger, but i've bever closly exampined the pictures either.) The Other Designs Look Like they became invid mecha, or the invid based the designs they used off experinces with these Mecha. The Eye Design of the Couger reminds me of the Invid Pincer Command unit.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

the condor looks like an alpha with the Beta's linking mechinisum in place of the alpha's nose modual.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

personally, the only one's i liked were the condor (though i'd make it a battloid based on the alpha frame, and drop the anything that implies that it's a veritech. buts thats me.)

and the "micro-destroid", a PA type thing:

http://www.artemisgames.com/robotech/new.images/Mecha/mospeada-3.gif
Last edited by glitterboy2098 on Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

glitterboy2098 wrote:personally, the only one's i liked were the condor (though i'd make it a battloid based on the alpha frame, and drop the anything that implies that it's a veritech. buts thats me.)

and the "micro-destroid", a PA type thing:

http://www.artemisgames.com/robotech/new.images/Mecha/mospeada-3.gif

What Description is this img form on the Urrg?
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

they don't have one. i found it languashing in the 'unused images' archive.

general opinion holds it to be a heavy power armor, or a "micro-destroid"

probably along the lines of the old FPA of the zents. just sized for humans.

i like the idea, and the art is good, even for a pre-production scetch.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

glitterboy2098 wrote:they don't have one. i found it languashing in the 'unused images' archive.

general opinion holds it to be a heavy power armor, or a "micro-destroid"

probably along the lines of the old FPA of the zents. just sized for humans.

i like the idea, and the art is good, even for a pre-production scetch.

This unit Looks like a hybird of the Tread, Condor and the Cyclone...

It Looks to me to be the "Big Brother" to the Cyclone, non-transformable, but a Bit heavier Power armor. it mostlikely can fly Like the Cyclone... the booster system looks big enough.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

it looks to be a bit too large to be a traditional power armor, but is too small to be a traditional battloid/destroid.

a heavy power armor (ex. the RIFTS Glitterboy killer, Terror trooper, ect.) fits the bill best.

it actually looks rather like the terror trooper, oddly enough.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

glitterboy2098 wrote:it looks to be a bit too large to be a traditional power armor, but is too small to be a traditional battloid/destroid.

a heavy power armor (ex. the RIFTS Glitterboy killer, Terror trooper, ect.) fits the bill best.

it actually looks rather like the terror trooper, oddly enough.

It slightly Reminds me of the Garland/Hargun... IIRC Robotech art 3 had a Prototype Garland in it as part of the REF Mecha Compliment.
But i looks a little to heavy to transform like a Garland... Perhaps something based off the Garland Bataloid Design with a heavy REF Condor/Beta look to it..
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

ebsides the Garland is a MagaZone23 mecha, not and RT one.

Even if the fabled RT movie was cut edited from the three parts of MZ23.
:thwak: :thwak: :thwak: :thwak:
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Ben Quash wrote:ebsides the Garland is a MagaZone23 mecha, not and RT one.

Even if the fabled RT movie was cut edited from the three parts of MZ23.
:thwak: :thwak: :thwak: :thwak:

You know HG had the import Rights to MZ23, and the Garland was a Cyclone in the Movie? Robotech: The untold story was 90% MZ23 and 10% SDCSC.

Yes a Mospeade production sheet has no relation to MZ23, but for Possible Fan worked Mecha The Design could be an offshoot of the Garland project.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”