Has anyone played Robotech Invasion

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Ice Dragon
Hero

Re: Has anyone played Robotech Invasion

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

Terry57x wrote:Has anyone played Robotech Invasion and what is like and is it fun to play?

No.
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

These people have: viewtopic.php?t=28588
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Cyclone
Explorer

Unread post by Cyclone »

It's okay.

Not really bad, not really good.

Just... okay.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Has anyone played Robotech Invasion

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Terry57x wrote:Has anyone played Robotech Invasion and what is like and is it fun to play?

What do you want to know about it?
If your used to playing RT RPG then you'll probably find it strage that both the wolverine SMG and wolf auto pistol can down even a Pincer unit.

For those that mentioned they don't like first person shooters. It was primarily designed as a 3rd person shooter. If you don't like fps do you like sims? Just wondering since their fps too?
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Warmaster40k
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Warmaster40k »

Yes I have rented it on the PS2 and beated it didnt get to enjoy the story as i was too busy dodging blasts and trying to survive and mesmerized by the cyclone oh yeah i enjoyed it but its hard.
also you turn out to be a 5th stage invid its good but wierd
I am the Omega, I am the thread killer, my post is death.
Novastar
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "A monarch's neck should always have a noose around it. It keeps him upright." ~ Heinlein

Unread post by Novastar »

Rented it, played it, wasn't too impressed.
If it had a story, I was too lost trying not to die to really catch all of it.
They need to tone down the "Muzac" of the background theme (not the best re-production) and sound effects, so I could hear the voice actors.
Also, making the story elements take place when I'm not getting shot at would help too...
I do think however, there are multiple endings to the game.

Overall: OK, but I'm waiting till it hits Bargain Bins (like Battlecry).
Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
I would hit that so hard that whoever could pull me out would be the true-born king of England. ~ Mark Hall
Novastar only speaks the truth. ~ Brandon Aten, aka The Galactus Kid
Shin Kenshiro

Unread post by Shin Kenshiro »

Warmaster40k wrote:Yes I have rented it on the PS2 and beated it didnt get to enjoy the story as i was too busy dodging blasts and trying to survive and mesmerized by the cyclone oh yeah i enjoyed it but its hard.

Dude, I've beaten the game already so I don't mind...but don't ruin the ending of a game for someone who's never played it before.

All in all, I enjoyed the game as a rental, and could easily see myself paying 20 bucks for it. But it's a shooter with limited replay value...so I don't like spending 50-60 on games of that nature.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Warmaster40k wrote:Yes I have rented it on the PS2 and beated it didnt get to enjoy the story as i was too busy dodging blasts and trying to survive and mesmerized by the cyclone oh yeah i enjoyed it but its hard.

Your only a 5th stage invid for the first half of the story. You sure you finished it? You play the second half from another characters point of view, the significant other of the the human the 5th stage was copied from.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Novastar wrote:Rented it, played it, wasn't too impressed.
If it had a story, I was too lost trying not to die to really catch all of it.
They need to tone down the "Muzac" of the background theme (not the best re-production) and sound effects, so I could hear the voice actors.
Also, making the story elements take place when I'm not getting shot at would help too...
I do think however, there are multiple endings to the game.

Overall: OK, but I'm waiting till it hits Bargain Bins (like Battlecry).

Three endings... unfortunately the point at where you choose you can choose to save your (mind you it's a female character your playing toward the end) boyfriend/fience/husband.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Shin Kenshiro wrote:

Dude, I've beaten the game already so I don't mind...but don't ruin the ending of a game for someone who's never played it before.

All in all, I enjoyed the game as a rental, and could easily see myself paying 20 bucks for it. But it's a shooter with limited replay value...so I don't like spending 50-60 on games of that nature.

It's not really the ending now is it, since the end doesn't happen until after you make the choice to hold your ground, kill your fience/boyfriend/husband or the other guy. Granted you are about 7/8ths of the way done. Heck I figured out what the character was around his second flash back. Why...what character in RT:NG had black out flashbacks, that revealed her past?
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

AlexanderDeath wrote:is it me, or is this post not appropriate for the Palladium Message Boards? :?
The Boards Description is...
Robotech®
Veritechs, Cyclones, Destroids, & Protoculture. For all talk Robotech belly up inside.

and Invasion is part of "all talk" Robotech. the game even has Cyclones...
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Wildfire
Adventurer

Unread post by Wildfire »

I agree I liked it and Loved killing Xed
Janus
Dungeon Crawler
Location: If there is a bright center to the universe then I am in Uranus

Unread post by Janus »

AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!! I am playing it now! Even though I had it figured out after his first flashback he was invid, I did not want to actually hear it. Ah well, what can you do, but play the game and kick invid butt while sporting a cool Cyclone and sniper rifle.
There is always a 5%chance of anything happening...even a monkey can crawl out of your butt.

Flamethrowers, that's what we need. The army has them, why can't we have them too?

I am the King of Thoughtless Wishing.

I nominate you for Fan Defensive Lineman of the year. - Geronimo 2.0
Wildfire
Adventurer

Unread post by Wildfire »

I have it on Xbox and apparently the graphics are better on PS2

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”