fav weapons to use

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

what type of weapons do you like to use in a campaign

laser weapons
8%
ion weapons
2%
p-beam weapons
9%
plasma weapons
15%
rail guns
17%
natural abilities
9%
vibro weapons
2%
other
38%

Total votes: 53

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Rune Weapons of course.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Lagos
D-Bee

Unread post by Lagos »

Naruni Plasma Cartridge Weapons...Two Inch Bore...thats intimidating, and 1D4x10 per shot and if you can use two at a time...by god you can level enemies quickly.
'Ring ding day leee ohh Ring ding ding dally ooo'
Ogapogo in Mt.Shasta singing a song.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

I prefer combo weapons, like the NG-Super and the JA-11.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Larsen
Adventurer

Unread post by Larsen »

I like weapons that have the option to use multiple things, like to use ion, laser, or bullets. Also I like to have a bayonet attached to the front or rifles or have the grip etched down to use a knife and handgun or have a compartment put on the side of the rifle to holster a knife. I thought it was really cool that snake in mgs3 does that to his handguns too. :-D
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear. -Thomas Jefferson
Larsen
Adventurer

Unread post by Larsen »

Yes rune weapons are always nice. Dreadfully hard to come by but worth the wait.
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear. -Thomas Jefferson
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:Rune Weapons of course.

Your right you are munchkin...but then again, I too like rune weapons. However I also like night spawn artifacts, PFRPG Dragon Slayers and Crystal Swords for melee weapons. For ranged weapons I like phase weapons, Tri-beam weapons, ATL-7, Micro Missiles and Death Disks. Along with any conventional (our time) weapon that can fire a DERVISH round :).
Last edited by Zer0 Kay on Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Largely depends on the character.

I've never cared for Rune weapons, and feel they should remain elusive to player characters. But I've always enjoyed more mundane, less grandoise games anyway.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Larsen
Adventurer

Unread post by Larsen »

My favorite weapon of all is the knife. Preferably with a spell so it returns to me when I lose it. I usually end up replacing my characters knives at least 5 times in games.
Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

If my character could get their claws, ahm I mean hands, on a Rune Weapon, it would be mostly used.

Otherwise Pulse Laser Rifles.
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Unread post by Dead Boy »

For no reason other than chance, I tend to use a lot of lasers. Usually pulse laser weapons. One of the best out there is the CP-50 Dragonfire due in no small part to its grenade launcher being able to fire a volley of 4 rounds, (that is unless you go by the nerfed down version in the GMG, which I abhor).
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
NoJack
Explorer

Unread post by NoJack »

Mini-missile pods are great, I like the Russian Mini-missile rifles, When I think of a Rail-gun I think of a heavy hitter like the Boom-Gun, and how could you pass up on a Naruni Plasma cartridge weapon? Honestly they make the only sniper weapon worth it's weight in E-clips. Sure it's 6 feet long but as the only rifle with a range better than 7'000 feet, and hey it does more damage than your average handgun. Woot.
Dude... It's a tall guy dressed in black, with a weird, glowy weapon thing, and we're a couple of guards in matching shiny armor...
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Severed limbs, or pretty much whatever I can get my hands on and use to destroy the enemy.
"Do you even know what the word theory means? You must think it means '**** that you make up'."
---Penn Jillette
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Depends entirely on the situation.
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

depends on the character, but in general I like, in no particular order:

long range (for rifts) sniper rifles like the JA-12 or the NE-75H, the best place for the action to happen is wayy over there.

Missiles, Missiles, Missiles. they work for blowing your opponents up AND keeping them from blowing you up with those annoying volleys of four or more...

The Forearm Integral Weapons System, for those up close and personal fights.

A couple of good knives, vibrio, rune, or otherwise are always useful.

A colt 1911 45. automatic, just because... :ok:
Personally, I think that we have a duty as role-players to try to anchor each other to reality a bit. To keep other gamers from being complete freaks and weirdos, or even psychopaths, if we can. Killer Cyborg
283 geek points. 42 McGeekpoints.
:lol: 50 Smartass Points! :lol: Slag.
60 DaDa points.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

mini guns, or their big brother nothing like filling the air with red tracers
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Dark_Lightning
Wanderer

Unread post by Dark_Lightning »

I enjoy using the new Naruni vibro-rippers, custom-made Rune Weapons, and Variable Frequency rifles.
"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." Chris Titus, comedian.
Dark_Lightning
Wanderer

Unread post by Dark_Lightning »

Those are some evil weapons! One of my older gamers created a missile version, as well as enhancing the range on his pistol (to be fair, he made it so he'd have to make a good roll for a called shot).
"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." Chris Titus, comedian.
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

I prefer rail guns. They just scream "KILL, BLOOD, DEATH"

I'd prefer a fully loaded magic weapon to a rune weapon.

1) Gain many effects, not the full range, but 2 or 3 magic weapons could give you the bonuses of a rune weapon.
2) Magic weapons don't get jealous if you use other magic weapons.
3) The personality of rune weapons can get cumbersome
4) Most rune weapons are cursed.
5) Carring rune weapon put's a target on you. Carring a fully loaded magic weapon puts a target on you, but not as big as a rune weapon
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.

Unread post by Guest »

Minor Rune Weapons from Hu2/Pu2 brought over to Rifts.

4 Foot Long, slightly curved DaiKatana/Nodachi, Indestructible of course.

All I ever wanted was a stick I couldn't break, maybe with an edge on it...so having a character with one is joyous...and no personality/jealousy to deal with, plus it looks like just another sword.

also have a thing for revolvers, very sexy, be it naruni plasma revolver, or new west CFT shootin ones, Psi-Slinger with a .357...

and, if Japan Revised ever came out, and my Psi-Samurai made it in, then the Psi-Nodachi would take the top spot.
Shin Kenshiro

Unread post by Shin Kenshiro »

.357 Model 19 Smith and Wesson double-action SDC revolver
Rail guns (Except Bandito-Arms')
Mini-missiles (Plasma and Fragmentation are personal favorites)

Nothing says Bad-Ass Mofo like the roar of a machinegun. Keep your Rune Weapons...I don't need 6 powers and an alignment requirement to pull a trigger and lay down a hail of metal on someone. And while a rune weapon is handy...it won't do you a lick of good past throwing distance in a real fight.

For what they cost, Rune Weapons are useless weapons. Sure having a knife or sword who can talk to your brain is handy...but at 10 million creds, give me a Super SAMAS w/ a wingman in the same.
AllMightyRCB
Wanderer

Unread post by AllMightyRCB »

I prefer my NG-E12 Heavy Plasma Ejector with thermo imaging scope, laser targeting, custom grip, vibro bayonette, and the regenerative power pack.
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

Since most of my sctive characters for Rifts are in the New West, I tend to go for any slug throwers with that old west feel. I like the 1863 revolver.
I have been known to use Wilk's weapons as well. I'm a big fan of the Dual/Hero pistol.
My fave from the main book has to be the JA-11 Juicer rifle. Especially if I'm playing a Juicer.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Uncle Servo
Champion

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

Since my favorite weapon to use in Rifts (as in just about every one of my characters have had one) is the Northern Gun NG-45LP particle beam pistol, I went with 'Particle Beam Weapons.'
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel
GaredBattlespike
Adventurer

Unread post by GaredBattlespike »

Having recently begun using my Mind Melter, I find that my PC's natural powers are better than most weapons. Psi-Sword is a damage hog :thwak: , but I routinely use Mentally Possess Others instead: I spot a group of demons or other bad guys and take one over. I have my body hidden in brush, or behind rocks or something. I then give the others in my group "a thumbs-up" so they know who not to kill yet. Then I tear into the monster's buddies. If I am playing a Man-of-Arms; I'd pick : Railguns! Why, 4000+ foot range, modest to excellent damage, and it's not impeded by the "Impervious to Energy" spell ! :D If I am a Mage, I'd normally use an L-20 Pulse Laser Rifle; It's old,reliable,cheep,has a huge ammo capacity (40 shots on a short E-Clip & 50 shots on a long E-Clip!) and my Spells (of course).
"Save ARCHIE, save the world..."
-----------------------------
-Sigging of rungok-
-Scenario 2-
(Demon 1):Woah, the hell happened to you?
(Demon 2):got my ass kicked by some guy with a knife and a handgun
(Demon 1):What? you gotta be kidding me!
(Demon 2):Thats what i was thinking...

anapuna wrote:
i rarely play a mage, but when i do... i do what GaredBattlespike does.

or i am a TW.

Return to “Rifts®”