Sentinal aliens in the REF

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Re: Sentinal aliens in the REF

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

quester wrote:Any ideas as to how many Sentinal aliens joined the REF? IIRC in one of the RPG books it mentions that the group that attacked Reflex Point had Sentinal aliens included. Were these just a few "advisors"/allies or were their entire units of aliens?

By Sentinels Series Canon: none, The Hunter's, Sterling's, Grants, Wolfe, Jack baker, and Karen Penn joined The Sentinesl after Leaving the REF.

The RPG has the REF making an alliance with the Sentinels forces, so some may have Returned to earth in the Jupiter Division fleet... but its somewhere hidden in the RPG if it exists at all.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

quester wrote:Any ideas as to how many Sentinal aliens joined the REF? IIRC in one of the RPG books it mentions that the group that attacked Reflex Point had Sentinal aliens included. Were these just a few "advisors"/allies or were their entire units of aliens?

Pretty vague territory there. And it's done on purpose to give the GM as much or as little freedom as s/he wanted to run with the idea.

In Return of the Masters, the Moon Base Cappy had a tracking center for the Sentenals, with like three or four guys staffing it. Three shifts of three or four is nine to twelve people with a heads up on these guys and dedicated equipment to the idea so that means that their must have been a substantive if not substanical number of Sentenals and it should provide all of the room you would need for your game ideas.

Advisors could be looked at in two ways.

1) Advisors. Just a few guys here and there helping with planning stage and related operations on how best to get one up on the Invid.

2)Advisors. Special squads and maybe even a group as large as a battalion, spread out over the fleet, who provide the REF with training and specialized resouces. Strike teams or black ops, magic and/or psionic groups bringing their unquie abilities to the fight.

Now if you need more resources for alien stuff/ideas/technologies, the Alien's Unlimited line from HU mixes well. You'll likely have to do a little converting here or there because the MDC values listed are geared for Rifts. Still the two books provide alot of neat ideas and gadgets as well as a bunch more potential alien races. Plus rules for making up your own stuff. Can't go wrong there. :)

Now if you go with entire units, then you need to think about their specialized equipment, needs for basic life support (like the cat people), food issues and the like. Plus at least a basic idea of TO&E and how it differs from the REF. Figure up a basic unit size and either suppliment or replace a REF unit of similar strength and disposition.

After that, you just have to cover the basics of GMing, setting, background and antagonists. Pretty straight forward stuff.
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
The Artist Formerly
Champion

Zerebus wrote:If you want to include Sentinel aliens in a serious way, I strongly recommend you seek out the comic: Robotech II: Invid World, Assault on Optera. Why? Because Karbarrans kick butt!

No no, no Kare bears, for that, he needs Doom Bears! :D
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Geez Taffy, getting that ZSB has certainly animated you today.

There would undoubtdly be some number of Sentinal Aliens in the REF after the defeat of the Regent. Some claim this is how the REF was able to field such a huge force when they came to liberate Earth. I don't thinkt here would have been enough for that.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
The Artist Formerly
Champion

Jefffar wrote:Geez Taffy, getting that ZSB has certainly animated you today.

The Zeb rocks the house. And I am inspired to write. You've seen how I get when the drive is apon me. I was thinking about writing an ASC adventure. It's the only core book I have.

Good Reg that thing is a monster. I can drop and plattoon of armored infantry in two attacks! TWO (2)! It's not the level of fire power, there are other gunships that hit harder, it's the way the game mechanics resolve the weapons it carries and it's movement profile. Plus this thing favors close combat, my fortee. :demon: I was thinking about getting some Su-dai blades mounted on there for jungle fighting.

There would undoubtdly be some number of Sentinal Aliens in the REF after the defeat of the Regent. Some claim this is how the REF was able to field such a huge force when they came to liberate Earth. I don't thinkt here would have been enough for that.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:

By Sentinels Series Canon: none, The Hunter's, Sterling's, Grants, Wolfe, Jack baker, and Karen Penn joined The Sentinesl after Leaving the REF.

The RPG has the REF making an alliance with the Sentinels forces, so some may have Returned to earth in the Jupiter Division fleet... but its somewhere hidden in the RPG if it exists at all.

So where did you get this Sentinels Series Canon? The only place I thought that Sentinels was completed is the, despised by you, McKinney series.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Zerebus wrote:The Waltrip brothers' comics, as well. Somewhere out there there's supposed to be a master script, furthermore, that both the comics and novels were based upon.

I'd like to see that until then The McKinney haters have to deal with the issue that, that material is the only "canon" material for Sentinels that is readily available. And yes greater availability does make it true look at the media and propaganda :).
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote:

So where did you get this Sentinels Series Canon? The only place I thought that Sentinels was completed is the, despised by you, McKinney series.

Inncorect as Usual.... The Sentinels Scripts and Robotech ART 3 also tell the Story of the Sentinels... and do a better job of it then Mckinney.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
The Artist Formerly
Champion

Colonel Wolfe wrote:Inncorect as Usual....

Nice.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

The Artist Formerly wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote:Inncorect as Usual....

Nice.

SPAM:

Just what is SPAM? It is an acronym, short for Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages.
Another kind are the worthless posts that have but one sentence and explain nothing.
Novastar
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "A monarch's neck should always have a noose around it. It keeps him upright." ~ Heinlein

Unread post by Novastar »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:
Inncorect as Usual....

Nice.

SPAM:

Just what is SPAM? It is an acronym, short for Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages.
Another kind are the worthless posts that have but one sentence and explain nothing.

Really?
It said loads to me...
Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
I would hit that so hard that whoever could pull me out would be the true-born king of England. ~ Mark Hall
Novastar only speaks the truth. ~ Brandon Aten, aka The Galactus Kid
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Novastar wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote:
Inncorect as Usual....

Nice.

SPAM:

Really?
It said loads to me...

what I'm not Humble, and willing tell people when they are wrong? so.

wrong as Usual simply means people only look to Mckinny for information, when their are other more Honest to Macek's Vision writings about the Sentinels.
The Artist Formerly
Champion

Colonel Wolfe wrote:what I'm not Humble, and willing tell people when they are wrong? so.

wrong as Usual simply means people only look to Mckinny for information, when their are other more Honest to Macek's Vision writings about the Sentinels.

Of course.
Comrade Corsarius
Hero

Unread post by Comrade Corsarius »

To totally derail this thread completely, I thought that SPAM referred to

a) the rather obscene american 'spiced ham' that is sold in tins worldwide. I have eaten it on long hiking trips (usually if I fail to trap anything to eat) and believe me, that stuff ain't meat.

b) referred to 'the spam song' as sung by Vikings in Monty Python's Flying Circus. ie: it is irritating, annoying, and you constantly have it about you.

For those that do not know the lines, the song goes:
Spam spam spam spam
spam spam spam spam
spam spam spam spam
spam spam spam spam
Beautiful spam
wonderful spam
spam spam spam spam
spam spam spam spam
... I think you get the idea.

I have never heard of it being an acronym for anything (except spiced ham), but certainly the one suggested does fit.
I'd get up in the morning and watch the sun rise over the yardarm of my sky-ship as the sails billowed in the breeze and the land slid by 300-odd metres below. I'd grasp the mahogany ship's wheel, turn her nose a few points back onto the line, and feel pity for all those poor bastards below who have to work for a living. - My idea of the good life in Rifts.

Steampunk SAMAS finally built!
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Corsarius wrote:To totally derail this thread completely, I thought that SPAM referred to

a) the rather obscene american 'spiced ham' that is sold in tins worldwide. I have eaten it on long hiking trips (usually if I fail to trap anything to eat) and believe me, that stuff ain't meat.

b) referred to 'the spam song' as sung by Vikings in Monty Python's Flying Circus. ie: it is irritating, annoying, and you constantly have it about you.

For those that do not know the lines, the song goes:
Spam spam spam spam
spam spam spam spam
spam spam spam spam
spam spam spam spam
Beautiful spam
wonderful spam
spam spam spam spam
spam spam spam spam
... I think you get the idea.

I have never heard of it being an acronym for anything (except spiced ham), but certainly the one suggested does fit.

I had always thought it was a truncation of SPoiled hAM. :D
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Colonel Wolfe wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote:

Inncorect as Usual.... The Sentinels Scripts and Robotech ART 3 also tell the Story of the Sentinels... and do a better job of it then Mckinney.

Again I ask a simple question oh master of nothing. Are they readily available? You know it is funny that you did spell Incorrect, Incorrectly. Lets see I go to book store I look for Robotech, Barnes and Nobles, Boarders whatever. What are the chances I'll find one of those you mention and not a McKinney book?
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

I don't care if the script is out. Last I checked the only thing HG ever allowd published asside from maybe that art book you mention is the McKinney Novels. Once they were considered canon and now their removed. That is almost as dumb as having to update Rift rules after 8 years. So Script not canon, if it is they should do what most people do with scripts...now what is that, oh yeah make a movie! If they don't like it enough to make a movie out of it then it can't be that important to them.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Zerebus wrote:Heck, what are your chances of finding a McKinney book? Last I checked, Del Rey had dropped it from distribution. The Robotech Art books are even rarer (always have been). ...come to think of it, I own a Robotech Art book that isn't listed on Robotech.com's bibliography. ...and it's useless. It's just a bunch of B grade watercolor paintings inspired by the series. I feel ripped off...

Oh, and it's not Spam, it's Pithy. As in forcefully clear and brief. As the Master of Post Fu, I take issue with the misapplication of the Spam definition, for such things tend to end up aimed at me the moment someone sees my post count.

You know what they really need a bowing emote :bow:

Really no more Robotech Novels. :( I didn't finish collecting them. Guess that is what happens when you live in Altus middle of freakin nowhear, Oklahoma where the storms don't even like to go. Really I've watched NEXRAD images and storms have actually parted to go around Altus. That is why the USAF chose it though because it's good flying weather most of the time.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Zerebus wrote:Heck, what are your chances of finding a McKinney book? Last I checked, Del Rey had dropped it from distribution. The Robotech Art books are even rarer (always have been). ...come to think of it, I own a Robotech Art book that isn't listed on Robotech.com's bibliography. ...and it's useless. It's just a bunch of B grade watercolor paintings inspired by the series. I feel ripped off...

What book is this? there were Several Illegal Robotech books Printed by a South-american company in the mid 90's most of it was Transilations fo Comics, but some was new material, that actually followed the Show compared to other secondary sources.

as far as getting Mckinney's Sentinels novels, nope, the most Recent Re-printing of the novels was a 3-in-1 set released for the Battle-cry Video game, hopeing to make money off the Poor-selling videogames sucess.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Zer0 Kay wrote:Again I ask a simple question oh master of nothing. Are they readily available? You know it is funny that you did spell Incorrect, Incorrectly. Lets see I go to book store I look for Robotech, Barnes and Nobles, Boarders whatever. What are the chances I'll find one of those you mention and not a McKinney book?

I appologise, I reacted by being an arse when i should have just answered the Question.

as for Miss-spellings, Thanks to my G/f I got some nifty Spyware that i cant remove, so the Java-pop-up Spell check cant work... and my Spelling has became aweful fomr reliance on the tool
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Zerebus wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote:as for Miss-spellings, Thanks to my G/f I got some nifty Spyware that i cant remove, so the Java-pop-up Spell check cant work... and my Spelling has became aweful fomr reliance on the tool

Spyware or an anti-spyware program? If it's the former, mention this on Sound Off and you will be deluged with solutions.

I'f tried alot of things to remove it, but its still here... even went to several forums about it, and still nothing... Time for a Format.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

I'm going to lock this because it got petty and because it got way off topic. If you want to discuss what's wrong with your computer, go to Sound Off. If you want to insult each other, go away.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”