Personal Mecha and OCC Creations

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Robotech_Elder
Wanderer

Personal Mecha and OCC Creations

Unread post by Robotech_Elder »

I have always wanted to know if people have create their own mecha and or OCCs for use in Robotech. If so i would love to see them. Would Fans be willing to trade their own creations with each other via email or what not?
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Yes they do. In fact this forum is full of such postings, it just takes a bit of digging to track them all down.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Well there's about 300 pages of 10 pt font weapons, vehicles, equipment and occs of Robotech stuff on my computer, 90% of it EBSIS.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Unread post by Drakenred®™© »

Most of what I have is notes that I have made that try to fix the more glaring errors in the core books(that and a hopeless effort to try to reconcile whats in the actual vidio with something aproaching real world mechanics)
冠双
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Mike SSN-723 wrote:I did something like that back in 92'
But now it seems like it was more along the lines of the malcontent uprising stuff.
Take the chassis of a spartan with one arm, the legs of a gladiator, the other arm is that of a gladiator gun cluster mounted on a swivel arm that gave it a 90 degree arc of fire forward to sideways with a 30 degree up or down arc as well. Then replace those spot lights on top with a PBC-11 from a excaliber. This was supposed to be a patchwork mecha that some mercs had literaly thrown together. The gun cluster was operated by hand weels that the pilot would literally turn to aim the gun. I was young and nieve, and would pretty much never dream of creating something that hideous now ;) but when your young, well ya know :lol:

sounds like Basara's Stinger Mecha creation system. (drawn from the Zentreadi uprising comics.)

you can create some real monsters with those. (in both senses of the word. you can end up with some real ugly clunkers, or end up with a uber-tricked out "Boss-machine"
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
AdmTolval
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by AdmTolval »

Years ago, I came up with new O.C.C.s and R.C.C. for my group. The REF Veritech Hovertank Pilot, REF Bioroid Pilot, and Tyrolian R.C.C. In a new campaign I've been working on, I'm going to make another O.C.C.: REF Grunt.
Grand Paladin
Adventurer

Unread post by Grand Paladin »

Dairugger: I've also been working on a veritech along the same lines. But way back, I worked out sketches for a large veritech mounting a synchro-cannon alongside a medium range missile pack- ala FAST pack.

I've also send AlexanderDeath a new Destroid design too, and I've got a heavier Destroid idea crawling around in my noggin.
"In America the President reigns for four years and journalism governs forever and ever. "
— Oscar Wilde
"I reject your reality and substitue my own!"
— Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Grand Paladin wrote:Dairugger: I've also been working on a veritech along the same lines. But way back, I worked out sketches for a large veritech mounting a synchro-cannon alongside a medium range missile pack- ala FAST pack.

only your combineing 2 Generations of technology that were never used to gether. The Synchro-Armored Beta is a Logical Design step, but a Fast pack version is like Mounting a the Main gun of a Modernt Tank on a Roman chariot. not only a bad idea, but one that wont work, as the VF- Line of Veritechs Went away early in the REF's war with the Invid.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Grand Paladin
Adventurer

Colonel Wolfe wrote:
Grand Paladin wrote:Dairugger: I've also been working on a veritech along the same lines. But way back, I worked out sketches for a large veritech mounting a synchro-cannon alongside a medium range missile pack- ala FAST pack.

only your combineing 2 Generations of technology that were never used to gether. The Synchro-Armored Beta is a Logical Design step, but a Fast pack version is like Mounting a the Main gun of a Modernt Tank on a Roman chariot. not only a bad idea, but one that wont work, as the VF- Line of Veritechs Went away early in the REF's war with the Invid.

Well Col, to be honest, it was sketched about 10 years ago, when I was in design school. I didn't care about mixing generations of technology, it was a personal project of mine.

It wasn't a "classic" VF series veritech either, it was a totally new design. It has a transformation sequence that is like a hybrid of the VF and the Alpha series. The size was a little larger than the original VF series since it had to accomodate the size of the synchro-cannon.
"In America the President reigns for four years and journalism governs forever and ever. "
— Oscar Wilde
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Sounds more like a Vindicator then.

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Grand Paladin
Adventurer

Jefffar wrote:Sounds more like a Vindicator then.

Yeah that was one of the inspirations Jeff, I wanted a real "Zentraedi Buster". But not only to deal with Zentraedi personnel and mecha, but their cruisers and destroyers too.
— Oscar Wilde
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

Well the SC should definitely do that.

Of course it'd need its own (hefty) power source.

Grand Paladin
Adventurer

Jefffar wrote:Well the SC should definitely do that.

Well the way that I figure it, looking at the animation, and looking at the info on RT.com, the powersource for the SC is self contained in the main weapon structure. The command bubble and the hover platform obviously are extranneous to the weapon itself, and would in all likelyhood not contain the power source/PC energizer/whatever.
— Oscar Wilde
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Jefffar wrote:Well the SC should definitely do that.

Information on the New Series has the REf Mounting Synchro-canon on Most Mecha/Ships Beta Size and Larger.

The Newer Garfish Designs Show have synchro-canon mounted where the Normal gun turret is on the underbelly.

My only Problem with the RPG's Synchro Canon, the Destroy everything in a 50ft path for 10,000 feet.

the Synchro Canon in the Series is nothing much more then a Heavy Artillary piece.
Its a Powerful weapon, and Mostlikely is has a Simmiler Affect as the Disruptor Canon used by the Shadow Alphas and Drones.
But it only Kills 10 Armored Scouts, who have a Paper Thin 70MD each... Meaning at most is Dealt 1000 total Damage... Rand Kills Nearly As Many when he Blows the Thing up...

By the OSM: All the Shadow Alpha/Drones Mounted Synchrotron Canon.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Janus
Dungeon Crawler
Location: If there is a bright center to the universe then I am in Uranus

Unread post by Janus »

Damian and I came up with all sorts of new VTs, destroids, and ride armor for Robotech. As well as a new SDF, based on the origianl SDF-1 and 2. Unfortunately the ride armor took the next step in thinking cap tech, which is a big no-no here, so that it sort of connected to the pilots nervous system which gave great bonuses, but terrible feedback.
There is always a 5%chance of anything happening...even a monkey can crawl out of your butt.

Flamethrowers, that's what we need. The army has them, why can't we have them too?

I am the King of Thoughtless Wishing.

I nominate you for Fan Defensive Lineman of the year. - Geronimo 2.0

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”