Southern Cross Video game

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

What would you like to pilot in the game?

VHT
74%
AJACS
18%
Logan
9%

Total votes: 34

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Southern Cross Video game

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Any thoughts?
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Wildfire
Adventurer

Unread post by Wildfire »

I'ld love to actually play a tanker

Part of the game if it ever develops is that it should contain a segment in the Mothership
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Would love to play a VHT.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Novastar
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "A monarch's neck should always have a noose around it. It keeps him upright." ~ Heinlein

Unread post by Novastar »

Tanks beat everything.

What he said. :D
Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
I would hit that so hard that whoever could pull me out would be the true-born king of England. ~ Mark Hall
Novastar only speaks the truth. ~ Brandon Aten, aka The Galactus Kid
Comrade Corsarius
Hero

Unread post by Comrade Corsarius »

Bioroid Terminator.or Bioroid Invid Fighter. (I don't think it said we HAD to play the good guys, right?)
I'd get up in the morning and watch the sun rise over the yardarm of my sky-ship as the sails billowed in the breeze and the land slid by 300-odd metres below. I'd grasp the mahogany ship's wheel, turn her nose a few points back onto the line, and feel pity for all those poor bastards below who have to work for a living. - My idea of the good life in Rifts.

Steampunk SAMAS finally built!
Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

Macross is about Veritech Fighters.

Invid Invasion is about Cyclones.

So that leaves Southern Cross for tanks.
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

quester wrote:The poll results show it all 100 % VHT (as of this posting) no one wants to be in a wimpy Logan or AJACS.

I wouldn't call them wimpy. I'm surprised the VHTs were able to beat bioroids considering if they really were supposed to be all that agile they could have circle strafed them.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Zer0 Kay wrote:
quester wrote:The poll results show it all 100 % VHT (as of this posting) no one wants to be in a wimpy Logan or AJACS.

I wouldn't call them wimpy. I'm surprised the VHTs were able to beat bioroids considering if they really were supposed to be all that agile they could have circle strafed them.

Ranges... none of the Bioroid weapons systems are on par with the Range of the ASC Weapons systems.
the BHC's Ion weapons on has a 600ft range. all the weapons drums are limited to a 4000ft range... Meanig one they get in to Range to hit, they are in range of the HT's Weapons too.

I Voted for the VHT... but i'm a Spartas Fan... the Logan would be my Second Choice.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

would try all three

does that game exist?
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
Lt. Holmes
Adventurer

Unread post by Lt. Holmes »

Robotech doesn't lend itself well to an RTS or anything like that. RT has always been about seat-of-your-pants action, not about tactics and units and reinforcements.

If we had a VHT game, I'd prefer it as a third-person action game more than anything else. This way we get to appreciate the beauty of the Spartas mecha as well as the Bioroid hordes of the Masters.
Adam of the Old Kingdom
Adventurer

Unread post by Adam of the Old Kingdom »

can we have one called Robotech Battlefront.

where we can be on any side and in any battle in all of robotech.
sort of like starwars battlefront (I tink thats the game)

play a FPA and next game a VHT and then a Red Bioroid and then a VF-1 in macross. oh the fun of it all.
Munchkin Cat Minion
Janus
Dungeon Crawler
Location: If there is a bright center to the universe then I am in Uranus

Unread post by Janus »

there was not a answer for all three :-( , I would probably go with gasp the AJACS, if only because I really like the looks of the thing and because too many peeps be giving the mad props to the VHT. FPS does not bother me so much as not being able to truly alter and reconfigure the controls. Also if any HG peeps be checking in on us fanboyz, I would love a Robotech:Battlefront type game.
There is always a 5%chance of anything happening...even a monkey can crawl out of your butt.

Flamethrowers, that's what we need. The army has them, why can't we have them too?

I am the King of Thoughtless Wishing.

I nominate you for Fan Defensive Lineman of the year. - Geronimo 2.0
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Adam of the Old Kingdom wrote:can we have one called Robotech Battlefront.

where we can be on any side and in any battle in all of robotech.
sort of like starwars battlefront (I tink thats the game)

play a FPA and next game a VHT and then a Red Bioroid and then a VF-1 in macross. oh the fun of it all.

Be even cooler if the battle arenas were large enough to allow for trans atmospheric combat. First game your a VHT, second a SVF your loosing in space against a horde of BPs so you dive for the atmosphere.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Janus wrote:there was not a answer for all three :-( , I would probably go with gasp the AJACS, if only because I really like the looks of the thing and because too many peeps be giving the mad props to the VHT. FPS does not bother me so much as not being able to truly alter and reconfigure the controls. Also if any HG peeps be checking in on us fanboyz, I would love a Robotech:Battlefront type game.
:ok:
Sabre 1
Wanderer

Unread post by Sabre 1 »

I'd have to go for mecha sim game style like "Mechwarrior" rather than a third person shooter. Being able to use the VHT in all it's modes in this style of game would be quite cool.

Second choice would probably be a RTS game. "Metal Marines" for the old SNES springs to mind as a good example of what a SC RTS should be like.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”