Horizont Layout

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

not Really any god eckplans, the View in the book as good enough for me.
page 96 in the Sentinels has a Side view of the Deck, but i imagine you prolly know about it.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

i've always figured you got the bridge, a long hallway down that neck, the infantry bay, maybe a little galley and engine room, and the Alpha bay.

so basically you got 4 rooms or so and a long hallway.

perhaps a Garfish would be a better option?
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

glitterboy2098 wrote:i've always figured you got the bridge, a long hallway down that neck, the infantry bay, maybe a little galley and engine room, and the Alpha bay.

so basically you got 4 rooms or so and a long hallway.

perhaps a Garfish would be a better option?

or the Ikazuchi.... I've heard of people using it in a Alien/s-style Bug hunt... They end up fighting the Invid on a Planet... only yo Return to the ship and find one Big nasty got on board... and is plenty happy to kill them in a confined space. where most mecha have little room to manuver.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Shin Kenshiro

Unread post by Shin Kenshiro »

The Horizont was a Dropship, NOT a ship-of-the-line. It would have a cockpit, a long hallway with twin restrooms and fold down seats w/restraints like a C-130, and access hatches to the dual bunkers it carries. The techs would reside in the bunkers as would the gear and infantry. If the techs were to return, they'd leave the bunkers prior to atmospheric insertion, strap into the chairs in the hall, and get ready for one express elevator to hell....going down!
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Shin Kenshiro wrote:The Horizont was a Dropship, NOT a ship-of-the-line. It would have a cockpit, a long hallway with twin restrooms and fold down seats w/restraints like a C-130, and access hatches to the dual bunkers it carries. The techs would reside in the bunkers as would the gear and infantry. If the techs were to return, they'd leave the bunkers prior to atmospheric insertion, strap into the chairs in the hall, and get ready for one express elevator to hell....going down!

ummm, Where did get this up at?
It has a 2-3 Large Internal Rooms (at least twice the Size of the Cockpit).
the Art shows thses Areas are at least half the Lenght of the Ship (around 90 ft) with a Smaller hallway through the engine section going to the Alpah/Beta.
No Acess is possible between the Detachable Bunkers and the Horizon's Crew Areas.
The Horizon Scott came in on had 7 people on the Bridge.
rt.com has the horizon with a Crew of 10 (8 + 2 pilots), not counting the Accompininy Legios Pilots.
The Infarty is in the Neck of the horizon, not the Bunkers.
The Cyclone Rider Area pictured in the Images is much to small to accounf for the 70feet of rooms the Side View shows.
http://www.robotech.com/infopedia/mecha/viewmecha.php?id=32
you'll notice the Rt.com art work is the same art the appears on pg. 95 in Sentinels.
Shin Kenshiro

Unread post by Shin Kenshiro »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:
Shin Kenshiro wrote:The Horizont was a Dropship, NOT a ship-of-the-line. It would have a cockpit, a long hallway with twin restrooms and fold down seats w/restraints like a C-130, and access hatches to the dual bunkers it carries. The techs would reside in the bunkers as would the gear and infantry. If the techs were to return, they'd leave the bunkers prior to atmospheric insertion, strap into the chairs in the hall, and get ready for one express elevator to hell....going down!

ummm, Where did get this up at?
It has a 2-3 Large Internal Rooms (at least twice the Size of the Cockpit).
the Art shows thses Areas are at least half the Lenght of the Ship (around 90 ft) with a Smaller hallway through the engine section going to the Alpah/Beta.
No Acess is possible between the Detachable Bunkers and the Horizon's Crew Areas.
The Horizon Scott came in on had 7 people on the Bridge.
rt.com has the horizon with a Crew of 10 (8 + 2 pilots), not counting the Accompininy Legios Pilots.
The Infarty is in the Neck of the horizon, not the Bunkers.
The Cyclone Rider Area pictured in the Images is much to small to accounf for the 70feet of rooms the Side View shows.
http://www.robotech.com/infopedia/mecha/viewmecha.php?id=32
you'll notice the Rt.com art work is the same art the appears on pg. 95 in Sentinels.

I do not have the Sentinels, so I cannot dispute your claims. However, this thing is a cargo plane according to RT.com, so since it is basically an interstellar C-130, the crew would easily be Loadmaster, 2 Electrical Engineers, 2 Mechanical Engineers, Navigator, and some other utility OCC.

I don't see these things having dedicated crewmembers living aboard, as none of these ships carry a fold drive. Crews would be assigned each ship, then short of a bunk room, the whole purpose of these things is to take whatever's on their home ship, and put it on a planet. Then go home.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Re: Horizont Layout

Neb wrote: So how about a Garfish....anyone have any deck plans for one of those?

nope, i've never scene one... but i've not looked that hard...

Technically an Ikazuchi might Work... Siomply have it either be a Salvage opp, or it was Damaged in a Fire Fight... alot of the Crew was Spaced... could even make for a Decent Space Zombie problem.... Some Space Virus that Animates Dead flesh..
Wildfire
Adventurer

Unread post by Wildfire »

dawn of the dead in space, with Ivid and Zent's and brain fried humans, it would be cool on a Master's mothership
The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Re: Horizont Layout

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

Zerebus wrote:
Neb wrote:Reason for this question, is that I am tempted to run (with my local playing group a one-shot) something akin to a "Victims" Adventure using the old "alien is loose on board the ship and it is hunting us down" hook.

I don't think the Horizont is big enough for an alien loose onboard adventure.

I highly recommend that you have this infected Horizont dock inside an Ikazuchi, and have the creature(s) escape into the larger ship. That way you have the deck plans you need to work with.

There you go. And plenty to go wrong. You can get rid of most of the crew by having the PCs being part of the recovery team sent to bring a damaged Ikazuchi that got pounded by a Invid attack back to the fleet for Repairs and refit. Most of the crew died in the attack. Now it's just the PCs, the fodder NPCs and the monster...
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Wildfire wrote:dawn of the dead in space, with Ivid and Zent's and brain fried humans, it would be cool on a Master's mothership

The Robotech Master have a Zombie Formula... Called Anti-pain Serum.... Makes the person who took it be able to Ignore Damage from MDC Weapons.
The Artist Formerly
Champion

Colonel Wolfe wrote:
Wildfire wrote:dawn of the dead in space, with Ivid and Zent's and brain fried humans, it would be cool on a Master's mothership

The Robotech Master have a Zombie Formula... Called Anti-pain Serum.... Makes the person who took it be able to Ignore Damage from MDC Weapons.

The Masters' Umbrella division? :)
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

The Artist Formerly wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote:

I think the Masters had stuff that would make Umbrella corp seam nice in comparison...
Cybernetics ages beyond the stuff scene in Rifts... Genentic Manupilation on par with the Gene Splicers... not to mention the Technology that Defeated the Combined Might of the REF & UEF... all that at less then 20% power...
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Zerebus wrote:Heck the Terminators may have in fact been true androids and/or borgs.

they most likely Were.
The Cyberntetics the masters have is kinda like the Cylons human form in BSG... it looks completly organic without extreamly close inspection
They did think Zor prime was a Cyborg until they proved he was "Human"
The Artist Formerly
Champion

Colonel Wolfe wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote:

I think the Masters had stuff that would make Umbrella corp seam nice in comparison...
Cybernetics ages beyond the stuff scene in Rifts... Genentic Manupilation on par with the Gene Splicers... not to mention the Technology that Defeated the Combined Might of the REF & UEF... all that at less then 20% power...

Probably true. But I thought I was humorous.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Colonel Wolfe wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote:

Probably true. But I thought I was humorous.

As did I. but its Against Millitary policy to laugh... Lickers are nasty... but they die to easily... When a Master foot soilder gets up after taking a 120mm PBC blast... and keep comming.. thats scary stuff...
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Zerebus wrote: Yeah, when facing those guys, having weapons that can outright vaporize your opponent suddenly becomes a major boon.

hope you got a Synchrotron Canon handy... :P
Wildfire
Adventurer

They do have that nasty way of bulking up thier bioriod pilots, now what if something went very wrong during that process
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Wildfire wrote:They do have that nasty way of bulking up thier bioriod pilots, now what if something went very wrong during that process

In rifts I made the Gene-Splicers the Rifts Universe version of the Robotech Masters.... only a bit more Twisted... instead fo Zor Doing Experiments with the Flower of Life, he Did experiments with the Invid them selves.. and learned how they are able to Self-Mutate... the FOL was almost completly ignored... The Civil war Destroyed their Empire... but Several Million Masters Still Exisit, Most are Clones of Zor... and they go Around the Universe Experimenting on Diffrent Races on Difrent planets... since they Made the Invid go extinct with their Twisted War games... the had to find new subjects... when they found Earth they hit Gold... Tons of Races fomr a Miriyad of universes... all for the Ripe Mutating...
a Space Fold Accident Ened up with a Gene Splicer in Robotech... his Half-bioroid Half Invid Monsters were Golden... until the combioned might of the Masters and REF took him out... just after he Mutated the Remains of the Regent...
Wildfire
Adventurer

Col. that sounds very funky and a cool twist on the masters for the rifts universe.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Neb wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote:The Robotech Master have a Zombie Formula... Called Anti-pain Serum.... Makes the person who took it be able to Ignore Damage from MDC Weapons.

In the cartoon is that the point in Southern Cross, late in the war, where the Masters troops just start surging over everything and they kept charging forward? I wasn't sure if it was called soemthing specific before. Could you tell me which episode it is so that I might rewatch it?

Rabid? what episode is that...i think its 59, the Invid connection...

Sinker Option 2: The crippled vessel had an encounter with the Robotech Masters before the Battle of Nimba 3. They managed to "rescue" a Robotech Master Scientist. this RT Scientist/ Clone Master whatever, does not like humans but found himself playing along with them waiting for a moment to seize the ship. His moment came when the vessel was ordered to act as a reserve force in the Battle of Nimba 3. Once the battle was over and the ship crippled, the RT Scientist/Clone Master whatever, decided to act and having access to the medical bay of the Ikuzachi used the Master's Anti Pain Serum (that he modified for humans) to animate the dead for his bidding.

A Combo of Cyberetics and Serum could give you a nice Zombie thing... Cybernetics to convince the body its still alive... the pain serum to make them tough and strong... mindless hulking dead who are perfect for the bodding of an maniaical monster.
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Some of this is starting to sound like the "new" foot soldier that the Anubis character in Stargate SG-1 is using. Armour that is impervious to almost all projectile weapons (super kelvar), harmessly disperses e-weapons, and maked them much proof versus anti-personnel explosives. Combine that with the ability of the armour to walk through ANY force field... ;)
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”