MUNCHKIN!!!!

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gelidus
Explorer

MUNCHKIN!!!!

Unread post by gelidus »

Looking for the most munchkin cannon combo that you can come up with.

I'm looking for SDC guy walks into a cave with a SDC pistol and fights adult great horned dragon, He walks out with a dragons head to hang above his fire place.

That sorta combo.

Unread post by Guest »

Sea Inquisitor, Gunslinger, Turned Demi-God, With the Following Superpowers: Sonic Speed, Slow Motion Control, Extraordinary P.P., Heightened Sense of Balance, Lightning Reflexes.

That hot enough for ya, scarecrow?
Temporalmage
Hero

Unread post by Temporalmage »

Psi-slinger/Sea Inquisitor

Any MDC energy attack aimed at them becomes SDC, and any SDC gun does MDC. Seen it done once, when I didn't realize what that combo did. Hoo Boy!! Talk about Munchi!!
http://world8.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=190003553
And TemporalMage went to the last page, Refusing to follow the trend." Ode to the Teleport Thread by The Fifth Business
And remember, "Book, Page number, and Quote", not, "Proclaim, Posture, and Belittle all those who think otherwise". Dead Boy

Unread post by Guest »

I was thinking of the Psi-Slinger/Sea Inquisitor thing...

But I felt like going a step further into Ludicrous Space.

We are now at Ludicrous Speed
gelidus
Explorer

Psi slinger

Unread post by gelidus »

Any engery attack up to 29 points I think, After that it just cuts right through.

Re: Psi slinger

Unread post by Guest »

gelidus wrote:Any engery attack up to 29 points I think, After that it just cuts right through.

Doing half damage.

So wear that armor..
Temporalmage
Hero

Re: Psi slinger

Unread post by Temporalmage »

gelidus wrote:Any engery attack up to 29 points I think, After that it just cuts right through.

You say it like it's no biggie. Dude, no other OCC, RCC, or PCC has such an ability that is AUTOMATIC and costs ZILTCH/ZERO/NADA!!
http://world8.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=190003553
And TemporalMage went to the last page, Refusing to follow the trend." Ode to the Teleport Thread by The Fifth Business
And remember, "Book, Page number, and Quote", not, "Proclaim, Posture, and Belittle all those who think otherwise". Dead Boy
AllMightyRCB
Wanderer

Unread post by AllMightyRCB »

Why not just use a Promethien. They're SDC. :D
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Time Slip + Permanance Ward.

Then start using summoning spells.

Cast Magic Warrior, for example.
He appears, but no time passes for him no matter how long you spend in the time slipped state... so keep casting the spell until you run out of PPE. Then wait until you have 60 PPE and cast again.
Repeat until the dragon is absolutely covered in your minions, like literally covered completely in a huge pile of Magic Warriors.
Then start boosting your warriors with other spells.
Giant, for example. Magical-Adreneline Rush.
When you have a big enough army to kill the dragon (or just to take over the world), then cut the permanancy ward off of you and time will start back up.
Tell your supercharged minions to destroy...
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Or you could go with this combo:
Permanent Time Slip
Then cast Domination on the dragon until he fails his save.
Then get out a magic needle & thread (enchanted Alchemist-style for Sharpness and indestructability) and sew a permanence ward into the dragons flesh, making the Domination permanent.

Then you can remove your own ward and kick back and enjoy your dragon.

Or wander around permantly Dominating everybody you can find and take over the world, then remove your own ward.

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Deus Edge Machina wrote:I was thinking of the Psi-Slinger/Sea Inquisitor thing...

But I felt like going a step further into Ludicrous Space.

We are now at Ludicrous Speed

ThEy'Ve GoNe PlAiD!!!
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Killer Cyborg wrote:Or you could go with this combo:
Permanent Time Slip
Then cast Domination on the dragon until he fails his save.
Then get out a magic needle & thread (enchanted Alchemist-style for Sharpness and indestructability) and sew a permanence ward into the dragons flesh, making the Domination permanent.

Then you can remove your own ward and kick back and enjoy your dragon.

Or wander around permantly Dominating everybody you can find and take over the world, then remove your own ward.

I know it's supposed to be munchie and silly but the ward would be regenerated out of the dragons hide besides sewing into it's hide would be considered harming it and you can't do that while in time slip. However you can get out that new TW Sharpee PERMANENT marker (dang, now I'll actually have to make that) and use that on it's hide.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Mighty_Grackle wrote:well, maybe a shifter... You said he walked in with a pistol, never said he didn't also walk in with a rune staff :D

He also said he walked in with an SDC pistol...who cares what it's made of what does it shoot? DERVISH rounds!! :D :P
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Mighty_Grackle wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Mighty_Grackle wrote:well, maybe a shifter... You said he walked in with a pistol, never said he didn't also walk in with a rune staff :D

He also said he walked in with an SDC pistol...who cares what it's made of what does it shoot? DERVISH rounds!! :D :P

well...he never said you had to USE the pistol

Hey here is another one a Lycanthrope walks in an SDC being...
Or how about a Nightspawn? Human form is still SDC in Rifts...right?
Killer Cyborg
Priest

Zer0 Kay wrote:I know it's supposed to be munchie and silly but the ward would be regenerated out of the dragons hide besides sewing into it's hide would be considered harming it and you can't do that while in time slip. However you can get out that new TW Sharpee PERMANENT marker (dang, now I'll actually have to make that) and use that on it's hide.

That's likely true.
Except for the Sharpee part...

gelidus
Explorer

Gotta point

Unread post by gelidus »

As long as he walks into the cave SDC, what happens on the inside is open to just about anything, oh one more thing I forgot to add, can't be above level 5.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Mighty_Grackle wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

well...he never said you had to USE the pistol

Hey here is another one a Lycanthrope walks in an SDC being...
Or how about a Nightspawn? Human form is still SDC in Rifts...right?

yes, the Nightspawn (bane now technically)'s human form is still SDC in Rifts (their morpheous form is MDC though)
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Dave the dragon
Explorer

Unread post by Dave the dragon »

A nightbane, trained it N&SS Tai Chi And Mu tai (yes, I know I misspelled it) kickboxing. Dragon chi his PS to 160 and then lightning kata. Its all over but the crying.
"What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous ****** in the jungle."

Unread post by Guest »

Dave the dragon wrote:A nightbane, trained it N&SS Tai Chi And Mu tai (yes, I know I misspelled it) kickboxing. Dragon chi his PS to 160 and then lightning kata. Its all over but the crying.

Good Munchkinizing!

Munchkinize me Cap'n!
Shadowfyr
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Shadowfyr »

Killer Cyborg wrote:Time Slip + Permanance Ward.

He appears, but no time passes for him no matter how long you spend in the time slipped state... so keep casting the spell until you run out of PPE. Then wait until you have 60 PPE and cast again.
Repeat until the dragon is absolutely covered in your minions, like literally covered completely in a huge pile of Magic Warriors.
When you have a big enough army to kill the dragon (or just to take over the world), then cut the permanancy ward off of you and time will start back up.

The only disadvantage of this is the fact that you cant break a permenance ward. Once its set in place its considered indestructable, and if i remember correctly that you cant place permanence wards on yourself anyways..
You are so huggably evil! :ok: ~ Temporalmage

So, come to a concensus...
Put five people in a room, and you have ten opinions! ~ Borast

Unread post by Guest »

Sea Inquisitor Gunslinger with Triad Assassin Training.

Noro Ghost Maker (send a Possessing Entity in first to take over the dragon, then walk in and claim your new pet)

Silhouette Psi-Ghost wouldn't be S.D.C. when he walked in.

But Intangible Mages are NASTY.
Dave the dragon
Explorer

Unread post by Dave the dragon »

Deep Edge wrote:Sea Inquisitor Gunslinger with Triad Assassin Training.

Nice! :-D I may try that one.
"What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous ****** in the jungle."
Killer Cyborg
Priest

Shadowfyr wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:Time Slip + Permanance Ward.

The only disadvantage of this is the fact that you cant break a permenance ward. Once its set in place its considered indestructable, and if i remember correctly that you cant place permanence wards on yourself anyways..

You can put them on yourself, but after a time they kind of grow into your flesh. The only way to get rid of them is to cut them off/out, which does significant damage.
But with proper preparation it's survivable.

Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Closest I can think of is give a belt fed 9mm MG to the guy that does double MD damage with SDC firearms (and load it with ramjet rounds, since they do a base 3D6x10SDC damage!)...that comes in at double boom-gun damage per burst!
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
gelidus
Explorer

Unread post by gelidus »

Hmmmmm.....anyway to make it with there bare hands or abbilitys?
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

Sure. With Super Powers you can get probably get enough strength to grab it, and stick its head in the ground like an ostrich. I don't have the books at work, so I can't give you the exact formula/combination.

Course, that might take a while (to kill it), but you didn't specify a time-frame.
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

Dave the dragon wrote:A nightbane, trained it N&SS Tai Chi And Mu tai (yes, I know I misspelled it) kickboxing. Dragon chi his PS to 160 and then lightning kata. Its all over but the crying.

Muay Thai kickboxing is exclusive, and counts as two arts, so the Nightbane can't get it.
Muay Thai doesn't give Chi abilities.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
starkiller

Unread post by starkiller »

Permanence wards cannot work on magic-based/supernatural creatures. But you have the right idea. You can buff up yourself with spells and cast a permanence ward and have those buffs stick with you forever. One awesome spell to do this with is the temporal spell, 4d self. That way you always get initiative, can never be surprise attacked, can see everything around you in 360 degrees including astral beings, and can literally step out of time and space at will. All this without the "comedown" of an insanity.

So you want to munchkin?
Be a Noro Mystic Warrior (shouldn't they be called a Psi Warrior, since they don't have any magical ability?) that has trained in Psyscape and has a psychometric booster (mindwerks) and a psychic booster (coalition psi-implant). If you get the right combination of side-effects, psionic outburst and astral avenger respectively, you get a crazy powerful psychic, that can do incredible amounts of damage.

Level Noro Mind Blast (d6)
1 3
2 4
3 5
4 6
5 7
6 8
7 9
8 10
9 11
10 12
11 13
12 14
13 15
14 16
15 17
Boosters Bonus
Psychic Booster +1d6 18
-Side Effect: Astral Avenger x2 36
Psychometric Booster x1.5 54
-Side Effect: Psionic Outburst x2 108
Psyscape Master ability (master) x2 216

Total Dice: 216d6 @ level 20

Maximum Damage: 1296 md / bolt
Near Ley-line Nexus x3 3888 md

and if you get a level of sea inquisitor you can do double damage to supernatural creatures. hehe

This would be a perfect character to take down that supernatural intelligence in the Psyscape book (name is escaping me at the moment), since all psychic attacks are multiplied times ten.
Just imagine...
A noro mystic warrior is sent down by the Noro to investigate claims of cybernetic implants granting psychic powers. He gets caught by the Angel of Death, gets released with some new head gear, goes a bit crazy and gets rescued by Psi-warriors who hear his psychic screaming. He gets brought back to Psyscape, gets trained to control his new powers since he cannot remove the devices without dying, and starts fighting the Xombi hordes, eventually squaring off with the intelligence itself.
It could happen :-)

edit: the intelligence's name is Nxla.
Last edited by starkiller on Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Killer Cyborg
Priest

starkiller wrote:Permanence wards cannot work on magic-based/supernatural creatures.

Where's it say that?

starkiller

Unread post by starkiller »

Killer Cyborg wrote:
starkiller wrote:Permanence wards cannot work on magic-based/supernatural creatures.

Where's it say that?

It says right in the Palladium fantasy book 2nd ed. right under Permanence wards. It talks about how permanence wards can be placed on a human being, but it cannot be placed on supernatural/magic beings such as dragons, faeries, etc. I don't have the book in front of me, but it says so. In the second edition I think it clarifies it more.
Killer Cyborg
Priest

starkiller wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:

Where's it say that?

It says right in the Palladium fantasy book 2nd ed. right under Permanence wards. It talks about how permanence wards can be placed on a human being, but it cannot be placed on supernatural/magic beings such as dragons, faeries, etc. I don't have the book in front of me, but it says so. In the second edition I think it clarifies it more.

Yup.
Found it!

Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mouser13 »

House of glass kill your self and then have your timeslip friends finish the dragon with one shoot or magic spell.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Borast wrote:Closest I can think of is give a belt fed 9mm MG to the guy that does double MD damage with SDC firearms (and load it with ramjet rounds, since they do a base 3D6x10SDC damage!)...that comes in at double boom-gun damage per burst!

Why stop with 9mm? Why not .50 cal ramjet, uranium rounds modified with I-beam technology?
MDGiest
Wanderer

Unread post by MDGiest »

Ok the most munchkin character I can think of that Ive created (by accident honestly) is as follows:
Pheaton Juicer
Juicer Assassin OCC skills (includes Sharp shooting: E.Heavy skill)
Light Power armor (I used Terrain Hopper)
Shemmarian (spelling?) rail gun/rifle

Baically, at lvl 1 you have 11 attacks per round with the rail gun, and you are +14 to called shots (things like, say...helmets?) and your doing 2d6x10 damage per shot!!!

Yes, this was an accident...even acquiring the rail gun was not intenetional.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

MDGiest wrote:Ok the most munchkin character I can think of that Ive created (by accident honestly) is as follows:
Pheaton Juicer
Juicer Assassin OCC skills (includes Sharp shooting: E.Heavy skill)
Light Power armor (I used Terrain Hopper)
Shemmarian (spelling?) rail gun/rifle

Baically, at lvl 1 you have 11 attacks per round with the rail gun, and you are +14 to called shots (things like, say...helmets?) and your doing 2d6x10 damage per shot!!!

Yes, this was an accident...even acquiring the rail gun was not intenetional.

The E. Heavy of course did not go toward the bonuses right? Since it is not an energy projectile weapon it wouldn't receive bonuses.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

well then Ty a trickster mage with 52 Cards in the face and dagger cards would be fairly munchkin then? So your definition of munchkin is playing a character as something it's not? Too many definitions.

I've heard:
Munchkin is-
Someone who uses items, spells, etc. for purposes they were not intended for. (aka MacGuiver)

Someone who mixes classes that never should be.

Someone who cheats and uses all max roles for stats or damn close to it.

I guess yours would go under the first one.
MDGiest
Wanderer

Unread post by MDGiest »

So long as you pick Sharpshooter:E Heavy yes you get the bonuses from both. Remeber, Sharpshooting HAS to be selected for every weapon you want to use it with (Note: There are 3 or 4 OCCs that make exception to this rule in the New West book among other places)

Aimed: +3
PP bonus from Sharpshooting on a Called shot: +6
Bonus from Terrain Hopper itself for ranged weapons: +3
Bonus from skill Weapon Systems (yes it applies to hand held rail guns and the like when in power armor or robot vehicles): +2

Total bonus to strike on a called shot: +14

MUNCHKIN!
Kioras

Unread post by Kioras »

Something I always wanted to mess with was a True Atlantean Demon Quellor(from japan)

Just the right combination of spells, tatoo's, skills and stats, and you can come up with a rather unique character. that is pretty muchy.

Not as strong against dragons, granted, but against either Demons or vampires has quite the potential.

Kioras

Return to “Rifts®”