Favorite OCC

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: Favorite OCC

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

C.R.A.F.T. wrote:I like the Long Bowman.

I combined it with a Gromek and came away with a PC we refer to as: the Apache.

I have a mutant bat longbowman who is one of my favorite characters.
It's a good class.

I like the Diabolist and the Summoner as well.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

An Elf Mystic Study 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :P
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Diabolist, Mercenary, Mage, Priest...even a thief! :D

As for race...depends on my mood. ;)
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Entiago
Adventurer

Unread post by Entiago »

favorite O.C.C.? man thats hard... actually my favorite character (when I first started to play) Was Elven Longbowman- his signiture was a called shot to the left eye.

I like it when players choose a Dwarf to play. But thats few an far between...rarley do they choose a Dwarf.
We may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us.
- the Book

another year come and gone without a PF release. :(
Shin Kenshiro

Unread post by Shin Kenshiro »

Human Knight
Dwarven Acrobat
Elven Longbowman
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Right now, despite the fact it's temporarily sidelined until the other PCs gain some levels (GM thought it too powerful - even though we have one wolfen with two indestructable volche doing 8D6 EACH), my favourite is a low level chiang-ku wizard. :D
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Human Psi-Mystic, with a Ranger being a close second.

Druids would be the favored but I dislike the Palladium versions.
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

I find when I play a fantasy character, I am most often either a Longbowman OR a ranger, or I am a Soldier. Most often I play a Wolfen in all those OCCs. It never fails that a party will hire my character, or somehow pick me up along the way because they need a fighter.
Favorite Palladium Fastasy character of all time: Titan Palladin named Castaur Acrissius, who made it to 6th level before that game evaporated.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Son of Khoron

Unread post by Son of Khoron »

Fave OCC?
Good question...never had a chance to play all OCCs to make a clear and honest decision, every GM has always outlawed or prohibited certain races and OCCs.

The most common and likable classes have been Monks and Assassins for me.
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

Goblins.
The Plague
D-Bee

Unread post by The Plague »

I really liked my Elven Mindmage, but he was overpowered and ditched for my lovely Elven wizard, spec'ed up as a fighter/mage or bladesinger from adnd. Mindmage could fight better then the palladin because of PP23 and still had all the mind tricks aswell :D
The Plague
- Professional Palladium Fantasy Board lurker -
Adam of the Old Kingdom
Adventurer

Unread post by Adam of the Old Kingdom »

OCC: wizard.

combination.
Ogre Wizard.
Munchkin Cat Minion
sinestus
Adventurer

Unread post by sinestus »

hmm...

one of my favorite PCs, just for the amusement he brought back in the day, was a guy who played a Wolfen Longbowman...

do the math... he's firing, basically quarterstaves.... and favored close combat...

of the ones i've played,
my elven monk, and human T-man (converted from PFRPG) have been my favorites.
Sanctu
Explorer

Unread post by Sanctu »

In old Palladium, I liked the Healer a lot. I haven't gotten a chance to purchase/play the new one where he's actually a psi. I also always liked the Circle Mage a lot, though never got a chance to play one.

I always thought Troglodites are way cool. When I played my Troglodite Healer, one of the players said, "I always knew that ones day you'd find a way to play a nudist." :)
Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

Palladin or Knight.
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
Wildfire
Adventurer

Unread post by Wildfire »

Fovorite OCC Monk especilaay if you allow a Mstic China cross over for Martial arts.

I have a Shoalin Monk who rocks
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

Yea 1e Healers are cool.

A trog healer.. :ok:

Unread post by Guest »

Myself: Ancient Martial Artist (Zanji Shinjenken Ryu, with a Half suit of armor, and an Enchanted Eternally Sharp Katana)

My Girlfriend: Gypsy Human Psi-Mystic.

We are about to start a campaign based on the sleeping beauty fairy tale.
highpriestrsw2
Explorer

Unread post by highpriestrsw2 »

I really like the barbarian(because I started out role playing with D&D and I loved the optional barbarian class). I have also played a monk(and I lost 7 monks(all from the same family line ala Brian's Lotus lineage from KODT) to the Temple of Elemental Evil adventure). But lately I have been using either a card mage(Rifter 24) or a goog loe Diabolist. Those are my favorite OCCs in that order(and my fav character classes for other rpgs too).
" Forward Clucky! To battle!"
-MrGiggles
The Plague
D-Bee

Unread post by The Plague »

With the exception of Gurps I always play mages/psi dudes. Normal warrior/thief types are either boring or to weak for my taste. in AD&D Rogues are basicaly trap detectors(either by detecting traps or setting em off). And most fighters/thieves have 1 thing in common, dull combat, 2 options only, attack and retreat. Not my kind of thing.

Clerics are kind of a mood point, I'm not religious in any way and I find it hard to play a character that puts the fate of his being into the hands of a god(ess) aka GM. I'd play a druid though if I was a PC in a D&D 3.5 game though, just because I like druids and shapeshifting(and they are suppost to rock)
The Plague
- Professional Palladium Fantasy Board lurker -

Unread post by Guest »

Edit: I changed my mind.

I bent the rules a little, and made a Thief, who sacrificed his secondary skills and a physical slot to pick up Pao Pat Mei...and he is my favorite.

Unread post by Guest »

Lynx8882 wrote:Soilder has always been my favorite OCC with the Priest of Darkness as the second and i usally play Human over any other races but as of late i am really liking the Jeridu from LOD mix em whit solider occ and they are fun as hell to run

Lynx

What are Jeridu, and what is LOD?

curiousity kills..
Entiago
Adventurer

Unread post by Entiago »

Edge wrote:
Lynx8882 wrote:Soilder has always been my favorite OCC with the Priest of Darkness as the second and i usally play Human over any other races but as of late i am really liking the Jeridu from LOD mix em whit solider occ and they are fun as hell to run

Lynx

What are Jeridu, and what is LOD?

curiousity kills..

LOD = Land of the Damned

the Jeridu are an achient and dying race. they are elvish-like and have 6 arms. skilled fighters and quite cool.
We may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us.
- the Book

another year come and gone without a PF release. :(
Raiden

Characters

Unread post by Raiden »

Human Assassin
Human Imperial Jannisary

(Woo!!! my first post of the Palladium Fantasy boards!!)

Raiden
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

I searched all the boards for "troglodyte" and there were three returned topics, two of them in Rifts and one in Rifts, Dimensions.

No one likes to play trogs?

I think it is because of the picture.

Unread post by Guest »

Ooh Ooh...

I made a Psi-Samurai (basically Started with a Knight's skill set, added Cyber Knight style Psi-Sword, and Zanji-Shinjenken Ryu, then subtracted a bunch of skills, and starting equipment, and called it even) and I do believe that he is going to be a fun NPC to play.

Of course, that would technically be a P.C.C. but anyways..
Goliath Strongarm
Hero

Unread post by Goliath Strongarm »

Anyone who knows me can attest that my fave race is Minotaur, and fave OCC is diabolist. But, for combo's...

#1-Minotaur Diabolist
#2-Changeling Summoner
#3-Human Wizard
#4-Elf Conjurer
#5-Minotaur Assassin (military assassin, using the variations found in one of the RIFTERs)

Greatest thing I had fun with on that last one- minotaur military assassin from the ED war. He was part of the dwarven army. I was being brought into a campaign late, so, the way I was brought it, had been turned to stone by a basilisk. The group had some stone-to-flesh, and ended up rescuing me... several thousand years late, but hey! Of course, with that char, I also had a golden spork that cast "create bread and milk" 3 times a day.
--
GS
Galadriel in leather! Yayayayayayaya!
>>>----Therumancer--->

Well, hang on to your seats boys and girls, but I agree with GS-Veknironth

[Goliath baiting]Hey, according to my copy of Yin-Sloth Jungles, they came out in 1995. Didn't you get your copies?[/Golaith baiting]-MrNexx, regarding the OK books

People don't like it when searching through a website is a pain in the butt (even if it's a proctology website)-Uncle Servo
Narsis
Explorer

Unread post by Narsis »

So far my favorite OCC/character combo was a Changeling Beastmaster. We used a background book to flesh out the characters. My guy ended up with a few acres of land near the Old kingdom border plus a bunch of money and servants. I turned it into a animal rescue camp that later turned into my army training center. I used my beastmaster skills to get large animals like elephants and anything else i could control to stay at my camp. My servants would look after the animals while the group was out adventuring.

When we would return home with a fresh shipment of large hostile animals i would go to work on training them while the rest of the party was in town buying their supplies.

The whole purpose of this character was to pay back the world for hunting and killing my race for no other reason than sport. So, after building a rather large animal army i decided it was time to attack. I also decided that the rest of the party would die because they had made several comments about capturing and killing a changeling so they could get money from an alchemist in a near by town.

So, while they where in the near by town buying supplies i decided to attack in my true changeling form riding on top of the lead elephant.

Yes the party hated me but i got my revenge. I also ended up attacking and destroying 6 villages before i lost my first animal. By the end of my rampage i ended up destroying 8 small villages and taken out 2 small towns. Each village had less than 100 people and each town had about 200 people.

My end came when the near by towns gathered together to avenge the neighbors they lost to the crazed changeling with his animal army.

Before my end i had well over 700 animals, and to pay me back for what i did the GM had me captured mid battle and made me watch my animals die before i was killed and then sold to an alchemist.

Just to make things worse and to let the other players get revenge, their new characters were kids in the towns that killed me. So, my body ended up helping them out.
Grimtooth is in charge of Dungeon construction in my games. Proceed with caution!

Link to The Rider RCC I created
viewtopic.php?t=83158
Gallahan
Adventurer

Unread post by Gallahan »

I'd have to go with human ranger or druid. Yeah yeah, it's boring, but I like the Stryder archetype, the grim ranger of the woods doing good yet realizes how harsh the world actually is kinda thing. And the Palladium druid is cool... getting to shapeshift and all.
"Coincidence is a glimpse into a pattern otherwise hidden."
"We live in a world of secrets. Where those secrets intersect, people die."
Levi
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Location: Lost in a dream world with the occasional nightmare of what might be reality.

Unread post by Levi »

For me it is a draw between Assassin, Warrior Monk, and Mind Mage. All three of those fit different modes of Role-playing for me.

One of my favorite combos is a Quorian Warrior Monk. The idea of a monk who refuses to wear armor and can still open a can of … on his enemies is just cool. Plus Quorians are fairly uncommon.
As a man's shadow follows his footsteps wherever he goes, so will destruction pursue those who commit evil deeds.
Warpig
Wanderer

Unread post by Warpig »

1)Human Barbarian Warrior, took as many physical skills as possible plus the Barbarian special ability superior babaric strength, ended up with a total P.S. of 32 and his stigma was he was distrustful of people of Magic,...ended up naming him Conan cause of the likeness

2) Quorian Gladiator, with a magic amulet that made him +6 save vs. HF and Mind Control, and his favorite weapon being a Magic Dwarven made Hercules club with +1 strike/ +2 parry/+2 damage, magic ability of ThunderHammer/Clap so it did a total of 5D6+2 damage. real fun to play in campaigns, once went through the Orcish Empire as the undefeated Monster Slayer Champion, while helping his party raise money for boat Passage to Byzantium

3)Human Dragon Slayer, All kinds of Dragon slaying specific weapons and it was fun to have a brute fighter that used magic as well, went around touring towns in the Western Empire offering his service with his party to hunt down any terrorizing Dragons/Demons/Monsters in the area ended up slaying 4 dragons (1 hatchling single handedly and 3 adult with the party's help) before being killed by the 5th (an Ancient Wooly Dragon) one to which I avenged with my next character and with the party's help attacked it in it's sleep doing massive damage to start, we all barely survived. lots of risk=lots of fun, i think though
Nightdancer

Unread post by Nightdancer »

My fav. occ is a bard, race human;
He is not the best armsman, but his tongue his quicker than the reflexes of an elf and is sharper than a dwarfen-made axe...^^
hotheaded, charismatic, and a threat for every good-looking woman...^^

good to play in rpg-groups, where hack-and-slay is only second-ranked
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

lather wrote:I searched all the boards for "troglodyte" and there were three returned topics, two of them in Rifts and one in Rifts, Dimensions.

No one likes to play trogs?

I think it is because of the picture.

For me, it is the picture and the description together.
I like them okay, but they serve little use in my Fantasy campaign that can't be done by any other race that I like better.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Rpgpunk
Explorer

Unread post by Rpgpunk »

Ben wrote:I am a fan of rangers and air warlocks. Used to like earth/ fire but have changed over to air as they have great powers besides just damage offence attacks.

I could never get past the picture of the Ranger to stop laughing enough to fully read it. That is one gay looking Ranger if you ask me.

I think my favorite OCC has to be the Assassin, male or female, doesn't matter. Human or Elf most of the time.
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

Holy thread ressurection, Batman, it's back!

Undead Hunters... duh!
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
Blue Eyes
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Blue Eyes »

ugh :)

my favorite character for PF is my dwarven soldier from the scarlett mountains in the western empire. started out as a minor psionic and is now in training (we have rules for dual classing) to become a mind mage.

a very good soldier with a weird personality and a bad temper. he is alot of fun to play, always grumpy and annoyed (MA:3) but has a good heart :)

c ya
Baron mugwort
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Baron mugwort »

Trolls everytime!!! OCC either Palladin, Thief or wizard.

Ideally a Troll Palladin wizard lol
Last edited by Baron mugwort on Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maddog
D-Bee

Unread post by Maddog »

My fav. OCC. would have to be Changeling Wizard. Hopefully one day he will be a Changeling Wizard-Summoner.
" God is on the side with the heavyist battalions"
-Voltaire

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”